WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Michigan high school shooting

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
They have shown him on OANN several times. That kid has Charles Manson eyes!!! Evil.
View attachment 1071629
Just heard the parents are on the run!!! DA charged them with 4 cts of manslaughter each.
I disagree. Charlie Manson's eyes are crazy, but full of intelligence. This kid's eyes look dead and empty to me, like he's playing a video game. Just my opinion.

nameisbond

Reaction score
One of the reasons the mother is being charged. She was told by the school the little scumbag was on his phone looking up ammo and talking about killing people. She texted him "next time don't get caught".

In this case I think the parents are just as sick as the scumbag kid. I think the scumbag parents knew and helped him do it!

HST4ME

Reaction score
They are not popular people here in Michigan, they better be hiding in a very safe space. The law is out in droves tonight in my area so I expect they are on APB.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently the Dad bought him the Sig as an early birthday present on Black Friday and the Mom took him shooting over the weekend, knowing he was struggling with "voices in his head." These parents are real pieces of work!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Get a load of this. Scrub to 3:00 time index to start:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Hard to call that parenting. More like enabling by buying him a pistol and telling him not to get caught when he's in school shopping for ammo online.

It's no wonder the kid was effed up

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@angiebaby , when we were headed out this way, New Town happened. My wife being an elementary school teacher, I asked her if she would carry, or use force if needed. Mind you, she is an incredible shot...very good with any pistol she's used (much better than me, I would just never tell her!). Her response then is probably still the same. She had said her main concerns would be the safety of her kids, shielding them or helping them escape from harm. Put simply, target acquisition and neutralization would take away from her ability to contend with her primary concerns.

As for the ability to take another's life, I believe in the heat of the moment, she could. I think she would have issues for years stemming from it though. The actions and the aftermath are separate things.

As for these parents, and shooter...they'll all burn. I think the parents may be the kind of fuktards who coddled the kid, knowing he had issues. The father may have been bullied himself. I was bullied, I bled, I even did some bullying...the cycle used to work. Never shot a single person in high school.

nameisbond

Reaction score
The parents arraignment is on Fox News right now.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Parents pulled $4k from the ATM and were caught 1 mile from the Canadian border.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There is a group here that disagrees with this.

Not true.

“Piss poor parenting” is an epidemic, but NOT a crime.

Over and over and over on here I read how parents need strung up, decapitated, shot, hung, drawn and quartered, etc for all kinds of parenting deficiencies.
Yet a parent let’s little Suzy run out in the road and get airmailed by a car and then the car driver needs “hung, shot, drawn and quartered...etc.”

These are things that the Taliban do.
If the parents have committed a crime defined by laws and their actions then that is an atoneable offense. And it appears that THESE parents fit that description.
Being a shitty parent is not a crime.

Your earlier statement was extremely ambiguous and vague.
You basically said hold all parents to felony charges anytime little Johnny snaps.

Chicago just clocked their all time record yesterday with 796 murders.
They’ll hit about 850 by years end.
MOST of these are committed by juveniles under 18-21 yo.
Where do those parents stand in your round up?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Not true.

“Piss poor parenting” is an epidemic, but NOT a crime.

Over and over and over on here I read how parents need strung up, decapitated, shot, hung, drawn and quartered, etc for all kinds of parenting deficiencies.
Yet a parent let’s little Suzy run out in the road and get airmailed by a car and then the car driver needs “hung, shot, drawn and quartered...etc.”

These are things that the Taliban do.
If the parents have committed a crime defined by laws and their actions then that is an atoneable offense. And it appears that THESE parents fit that description.
Being a shitty parent is not a crime.

Your earlier statement was extremely ambiguous and vague.
You basically said hold all parents to felony charges anytime little Johnny snaps.

Chicago just clocked their all time record yesterday with 796 murders.
They’ll hit about 850 by years end.
MOST of these are committed by juveniles under 18-21 yo.
Where do those parents stand in your round up?

I think you and I came to alignment ??

with a "100%" against statement you didnt leave any room in your first reply to discuss it either.

Any post that doesn't start out as the magna carta is vague.
I was pretty clear on what I meant in subsequent posts.

Aside from clipping the drug use I didnt hear anyone give any valid input on what any long term ways of curtailing this may be.
IF parent allow murdering Johnny access to their weapons they are guilty of abetting - as was said this already exists in lots of states.

If Johnny stole your weapon - the kid needs to be charged with the theft of it.
IF Johnny did it on his own - he stands alone - and the parent should be left alone.
IF mere bad parenting were a crime we'd need 1000X more jails.

Last edited:

nameisbond

Reaction score
The mothers text messages to the little scumbag, shows she knew what he was capable of doing at the very least. The shitty parents should have had the little scumbag in psychiatric care. Glad the parents got charged, too bad the charges aren't murder with the death penalty!

JDKRXW

Reaction score
Parents pulled $4k from the ATM and were caught 1 mile from the Canadian border.
But were they vaccinated and did they have a pcr test that was less than 72hrs old? /s

Singleton

Reaction score
The mothers text messages to the little scumbag, shows she knew what he was capable of doing at the very least. The shitty parents should have had the little scumbag in psychiatric care. Glad the parents got charged, too bad the charges aren't murder with the death penalty!

I am waiting to hear what the parents told the school an hour before the shooting. IMO, the parents knew the kid was going to pop, but had no idea when. Last thing a parent should do is introduce a weapon into the household when they know a kid is having issues.

JDKRXW

Reaction score

Hard to believe .... but it looks like there's actually going to be consequences for being a piece of shit as a parent.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Who knows.
But as old guys we can only imagine what will happen over time.
I like the old school suggestion.
We fought sometimes, we got over it. Fighting with friends was how we learned shit.
That's exactly why there aren't a ton of injuries in hockey. They let them fight to blow off steam.

I have almost gotten into a scrap with a couple of dudes in the past decade. After I walked away I was thinking what a dipshit I would've looked like.

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I am waiting to hear what the parents told the school an hour before the shooting. IMO, the parents knew the kid was going to pop, but had no idea when.
I'm waiting to hear if there's going to be consequences for the school leadership and AND the local police dept if they had also been warned.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I think the really sad thing is that he was asking for help. All of the adults failed him (except the teachers). Posting the gun on the internet (IG, SnapChat, whatever it was) will get you suspended and the police called at all of the schools I have been at, I assume most work the same way. Some student almost always tells, they have been trained to do this. One of the students I mentioned earlier posed with a gun and the kids immediately turned him in. The sheriff went to the house that night. Turns out it was an airsoft gun, but we were all pretty alarmed. I'd guess this kid was hoping someone would snitch. Then, he made the drawing that mentioned voices and "help me." Again, he wanted an adult to intervene. He asked for help! Mom and dad come to school and don't help. The principal and counselor don't help either. They send him back to the classroom. I'm not in any way implying that he is not 100% responsible, but I find the fact that he wanted an intervention that never came incredibly sad for everyone involved.

The dad didn't look for the gun until after the shooting occurred. Don't you think you would check that first thing after the school meeting? For your own peace of mind? Good lord!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I think you and I came to alignment ??

with a "100%" against statement you didnt leave any room in your first reply to discuss it either.

Any post that doesn't start out as the magna carta is vague.

I was pretty clear on what I meant in subsequent posts.

Aside from clipping the drug use I didnt hear anyone give any valid input on what any long term ways of curtailing this may be.

IF your parent allow murdering Johnny access to their weapons they are guilty of abetting - as was said this already exists in lots of states.

If Johnny stole your weapon - the kid needs to be charged wit the theft of it.

I concede!
Lol
But I go 100% when another “gun law” is suggested, and I always will.
My reply did contain a statement saying that all States do already have safe storage laws.

I love this board, the support I’ve received from the members here in my time is unparalleled.
It’s why I feel comfortable pointing out what I see as hypocrisy at times or mob rule thinking at times.

In these situations, we (here) tend to resort to certain rhetorical pigeon holes.
This will include catch phrases like “mental health” “poor parenting” “life long repercussions “ and so on.

Here’s how I see it.
Fuck head takes 9 that dad and mom gave him with ZERO parental concerns and hunts down classmates killing at random.
Fuck head needed stopped as soon as possible. At that point their is no more conjecture or concerns over the hows and whys of little Johnny’s rampage. Stop the shooter. Period. Blame comes later.
I do not understand all this talk about the long term ramifications of “taking a human life” when the shooter is killing kids.
I would THANK GOD every single night for the privilege of being in a position to stop an event like this.
I would not lose a second of sleep.
I’m just a normal guy, I dont stand out anywhere.
BUT I do know that this world is as ugly as it is beautiful. And so are humans.

Singleton

Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear if there's going to be consequences for the school leadership and AND the local police dept if they had also been warned.

My gut says the parents knew the gun was MIA and went and told the school principle that their son was having issues and was afraid he would act out in some fashion (without saying he had a gun). The kid was called to the school office as well and talked to.

My summary - bad parents (they are guilty of not stopping their child) and bad on the school for allowing the kid to go back to class. The boy should of been dismissed from school pending a psych conversation before returning to class.

nameisbond

Reaction score
The last text from the mother to the scumbag was "don't do it" I think she had a last minute change of heart and knew the fucker was going on a shooting spree.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I don’t think looking at ammo is a red flag, but drawing people shot up and bleeding out sure as hell is…

Me and my buddies grew up around guns and would constantly look at ammo and guns while in boring classes in HS.

Looking up ammo would not be a red-flag for me. I would tell the kid to put his phone away and probably ask him what kind of gun he had after class. My students always knew that I like guns and shooting. I've had many conversations with them about firearms. Mostly, it's to let the sheltered kids of liberals know that normal people have guns, not just psychopaths. They also knew that I have a CCW permit. There were usually lots of questions that I had no problem answering. This always led to a conversation about teachers having guns. They asked my opinion and I asked theirs. Living in Northern Nevada, many of the kids had their own guns for hunting, so it would not be really shocking to see someone looking at ammo online.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Unfortunately there are another million(s) parents out there that are raising their kids the same way
Odd are some of them are on this platform
You just never know.

Last edited:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I think the really sad thing is that he was asking for help. All of the adults failed him (except the teachers). Posting the gun on the internet (IG, SnapChat, whatever it was) will get you suspended and the police called at all of the schools I have been at, I assume most work the same way. Some student almost always tells, they have been trained to do this. One of the students I mentioned earlier posed with a gun and the kids immediately turned him in. The sheriff went to the house that night. Turns out it was an airsoft gun, but we were all pretty alarmed. I'd guess this kid was hoping someone would snitch. Then, he made the drawing that mentioned voices and "help me." Again, he wanted an adult to intervene. He asked for help! Mom and dad come to school and don't help. The principal and counselor don't help either. They send him back to the classroom. I'm not in any way implying that he is not 100% responsible, but I find the fact that he wanted an intervention that never came incredibly sad for everyone involved.

The dad didn't look for the gun until after the shooting occurred. Don't you think you would check that first thing after the school meeting? For your own peace of mind? Good lord!
Actually surprised they ddnt search his backpack at the school.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
In most cases, I can't see blaming parents for the stupidity of their child. In this case, the parents helped by acquiring a weapon for a clearly troubled kid...they hold some blame.

Usually I don't blame parents because I was a pretty messed up kid. Not the type that shot kids in class, but I did some vile things. My parents taught me better, I knew right from wrong, I made my own choices, and proceeded with no help from them.

Did the school fail the shooter? I don't think so. A teachers job is to teach, not to identify and treat psychopaths. Did a counselor fail? I don't know, I just thought they helped you pick classes and graduate.

As for @was thatguy , speaking of the long term ramifications of taking a life, different people are wired differently. Myself, I would have no problem with it. If someone is trying to kill someone else's child, they've given up all innocence as a child themselves. They are nothing more than a threat, no name, no soul, just a target. My wife on the other hand, I don't know if she could strip humanity away from the person in time to mentally clear herself.
She is a better person than myself in general. In some cases though, being a better person will not save you.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I’m kind of involved with this stuff at a school. I can tell you at the first sign of any of this ( yes it has happened) the kid is met with an immediate visit from authorities. Nothing ambiguous about it. It would never have gone this far. School should be culpable.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I’m kind of involved with this stuff at a school. I can tell you at the first sign of any of this ( yes it has happened) the kid is met with an immediate visit from authorities. Nothing ambiguous about it. It would never have gone this far. School should be culpable.

I agree. These are professionals that are paid to prevent this shit. What good is 'see something, say something' when you have admins like these in charge?

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
In most cases, I can't see blaming parents for the stupidity of their child. In this case, the parents helped by acquiring a weapon for a clearly troubled kid...they hold some blame.

Usually I don't blame parents because I was a pretty messed up kid. Not the type that shot kids in class, but I did some vile things. My parents taught me better, I knew right from wrong, I made my own choices, and proceeded with no help from them.

Did the school fail the shooter? I don't think so. A teachers job is to teach, not to identify and treat psychopaths. Did a counselor fail? I don't know, I just thought they helped you pick classes and graduate.

As for @was thatguy , speaking of the long term ramifications of taking a life, different people are wired differently. Myself, I would have no problem with it. If someone is trying to kill someone else's child, they've given up all innocence as a child themselves. They are nothing more than a threat, no name, no soul, just a target. My wife on the other hand, I don't know if she could strip humanity away from the person in time to mentally clear herself.
She is a better person than myself in general. In some cases though, being a better person will not save you.
My philosophy was that my number one job was to keep these children entrusted to me safe first. That's my #1 job. Teaching is second. Perhaps that's just me. In this case, the teachers did their job. They saw something disturbing and contacted admin. That's who failed.

Counselors have a multitude of responsibilities. In addition to setting up schedules and helping kids graduate, they deal with IEPs and 504s. They deal with kids who are suicidal, being bullied, etc. They help kids cope with difficult situations. We had a young man who always wore a beanie to cover up his hair that was very thick and he was embarrassed by it. They aren't allowed to wear beanies in the classroom, but we looked the other way. The other kids never asked "how come . . . ." Another teacher and I made arrangements with the counselor to take him to get his hair thinned and cut. Counselor talked to the boy set it up with the parent. They wear lots of hats.

As for the taking of a life, the issue for me is not the taking of a human life. It's the taking of a CHILD's life. Perhaps a child that you had in your class, that you care about, that you know is in mental pain of some sort. That is what I would find difficult. Now, if that child is trying to kill other kids that I also love and watch over, I think I could, but it would be pretty rough after, trying to think of ways it could have been avoided. One would have to attempt to focus on the lives you saved, I know, but I still think it would be tough. Maybe it's the mom/grandma in me, maybe it's just part of being a female/nurturer/caregiver in our society. To know I killed a child, no matter the circumstances . . . I just can't imagine. I sure hope I never have to kill anyone, much less a child.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So, parents were caught in a vacant building.
But weren't "fleeing":rolleyes:
Apparently there is an older brother, that says the boy wasn't bullied.
Not that being bullied justifies a damn thing, Maybe the kids just a freak.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So, parents were caught in a vacant building.
But weren't "fleeing":rolleyes:
Apparently there is an older brother, that says the boy wasn't bullied.
Not that being bullied justifies a damn thing, Maybe the kids just a freak.

Kid needed help, was certainly on drugs that made it worse.

Being a shitty parent isn’t a crime, but the results of being a shitty parent might very well be a crime.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
They have shown him on OANN several times. That kid has Charles Manson eyes!!! Evil.
View attachment 1071629
Just heard the parents are on the run!!! DA charged them with 4 cts of manslaughter each.
Manson Lamps
B7DA2D15-C27E-4156-89E7-1DFE409FF01E.jpeg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So what’s the goal here?
Placing blame? We got that covered.
Way back a ways it was asked what could be done as far as prevention.
Well, we’ve so far assigned blame and culpability to the parents, school admin, teachers, etc and voiced our outrage at the entire chain of responsible adults involved.
Oh, we’ve also sort of blamed the kid too.
So what about prevention?
Is it even possible in a so called free country?
What do we outlaw?
Guns? Teenagers? Schools?
We already have virtually every law possible and every social step outlined to try to ID threats befor they happen. But there always seems to be a breakdown.
Oh well, another day or two and you tube will give us a new case.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Kid needed help, was certainly on drugs that made it worse.

Being a shitty parent isn’t a crime, but the results of being a shitty parent might very well be a crime.

Where does the drugs comment come from - was it in the press?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Are you making an assumption here? I have not read anything about this kid being on any medication outside of the posts here on this thread.

Assumption here based on the history of nearly all past teenage male school shooters being on prescription drugs.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Are you making an assumption here? I have not read anything about this kid being on any medication outside of the posts here on this thread.
I believe it is just an assumption at this point. Probably quite fair, seeing as though even when a young male shooter is killed, or takes their own life, the medical examiners refuse to comment on prescription drug use, sighting privacy.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Assumption here based on the history of nearly all past teenage male school shooters being on prescription drugs.
Gotcha. But no one can confirm that yet, so it's merely an assumption. It will be interesting to see if it comes out. Records may get released since mom and dad are currently in custody.