WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone looking for a dog this Christmas? German Shorthair Pointer Rescue has some pooches that need homes. Best water dogs!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
My wife is involved with the so Cal GSP rescue and they have about 25 "covid" dogs; people got them during the pandemic and now the rescue has them back. Aged 1 to 13, these pups have been in homes and now, not so much. If you've ever thought about a rescue, these dogs are the best. Love water; swim all day; run all day. You gotta be active, though!

Anyway. Just tossing it out there.

www.gsp-rescue.org.

See the dogs.

Here're ours

IMG_20180825_122710.jpg

IMG_0250.JPG

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
We’re looking for an English Springer rescue. Not the same but in the same neighborhood.

DWC

Reaction score
New to the breed. Agree 100% with the active part. 😁. Super smart and well behaved for a pup. Took ours for the first dirt car ride today. He had a blast roaming around the wash. Short nap and he’s back at it
5A137E29-E058-498F-8146-2551608875D5.jpeg
86E1AB39-87E1-41C8-A0A6-9817CC291263.jpeg

Daughter’s in San Clemente today.
329A107B-429A-466D-A554-40B25906C774.jpeg

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
When I was a superintendent I took mine to the golf course every day. Smartest dog I ever had! They are high energy but more they just want attention. The days I didn’t take him to work a little fetch or a short bike ride was all he really needed.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
How old are they when they calm down. The 4 years it took my Lab to chill out just about killed me, lol
To tell you the truth if we are chillin and nothing going on they'll crash. On the other hand they'll go all day at the lake and ready to go the next day.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I follow this rescue on FB and I watch Greg's live videos when he takes these dogs to the park and works with them...I will be in the market soon for a GSP and I really want a rescue (we have two rescue dogs currently), but I haven't seen one at this rescue yet that is screaming my name...but if you are saying they have dozens of dogs currently, their website only shows a handful of ones available

JB in so cal

Reaction score
the website only show a couple representations of the dogs available at any given time. They’re all volunteers who work and sometimes they can’t get them all listed. If you’re interested in a dog fill out an application and one of the staff will contact you and explain the dogs available based on your interest. Thanks for your interest

DWC

Reaction score
Yep, full of energy. Great dogs though Smart as hell

7CBC60C2-2474-4F1B-BB8C-1C6E1C379A8B.jpeg

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
@riverroyal is absolutely correct in that @JB in so cal is a H.O.M.O. Especially after starting this thread.

I waited 4 or 5 days to show Bears’ profile to my wife after seeing this thread. We have been kind of looking for an older dog to pair up with our Maizey. Since we lost Bo in May, his sister Bella has really slowed down…she is turning 13 in March. Maizey has separation anxiety when she is alone, it’s pretty sad. She’s a foster dog we kept, she must have gone through some terrible times in her first 6 years.

Meet Bear, didn’t take long for him to fit in after we picked him up Sunday.

943FF095-3401-4A5C-9D84-C11AE3AA5A10.jpeg
4021503A-DFEB-4EA4-89CF-06F850172475.jpeg

Last edited:

JB in so cal

Reaction score
@riverroyal is absolutely correct in that @JB in so cal is a H.O.M.O. Especially after starting this thread.

I waited 4 or 5 days to show Bears’ profile to my wife after seeing this thread. We have been kind of looking for an older dog to pair up with our Maizey. Since we lost Bo in May, his sister Bella has really slowed down…she is turning 13 in March. Maizey has separation anxiety when she is alone, it’s pretty sad. She’s a foster dog we kept, she must have gone through some terrible times in her first 6 years.

Meet Bear, didn’t take long for him to fit in after we picked him up Sunday.

View attachment 1079277 View attachment 1079278
Hello....this is John's wife, Lisa. I'm with the rescue!! Thank you so much for giving Bear a home :) Can't wait to share your post with the adoption committee. Families like yours remind us why we do what we do. ❤️❤️

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Hello....this is John's wife, Lisa. I'm with the rescue!! Thank you so much for giving Bear a home :) Can't wait to share your post with the adoption committee. Families like yours remind us why we do what we do. ❤️❤️

Bear is a really good dog. He grabs your hand in his mouth if he is in the house and needs to go to the bathroom…he literally dragged my wife out of bed to the slider in our river place...in a gentle way. Lol Lots of kisses, likes to wrestle a little bit and snores, loudly. Still getting used to that.

We are really enjoying his company, his energy is bringing our other 2 up a bit. Maizey and Bear actually tried to play for a few…Maizey doesn’t really play with any other adult dogs. He’s a great dog and he LOVES the toy basket.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Bear is a really good dog. He grabs your hand in his mouth if he is in the house and needs to go to the bathroom…he literally dragged my wife out of bed to the slider in our river place...in a gentle way. Lol Lots of kisses, likes to wrestle a little bit and snores, loudly. Still getting used to that.

We are really enjoying his company, his energy is bringing our other 2 up a bit. Maizey and Bear actually tried to play for a few…Maizey doesn’t really play with any other adult dogs. He’s a great dog and he LOVES the toy basket.
I'm sure you know the rescue website has your adoption story posted.

DWC

Reaction score
What an absolute shame. Hope you find homes quick.. They’re unbelievable dogs. Smart as hell, well behaved and good mannered. Ours is just about 5mos old and settling in already.

EC4F1062-052F-42C9-AC6A-0ABE07FF9827.jpeg

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Man we already have two GSD and an Aus cattle dog can't take on ant more, but I'd love to have one.