WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Low water pressure...

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
I have very low water pressure in my rig. When first turning on the pump and running the faucet at the kitchen sink the pressure is good for maybe 30 seconds then falls off to almost nothing. Everything in the rig has terrible pressure (sink, toilet, shower). Doesn't seem to have air in the line. Its not spitting water like it would with air in the line, its just goes to almost nothing. I replaced the pump and it does the same thing. Also checked the voltage going to the pump and it is good. (batteries were replaced 3 weeks ago) Anyone ever experience something like this?

endobear

Reaction score
Clogged or kinked vent tube maybe?
Does it have a filter after the pump?

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
Yes replaced filter near the pump as well...I was thinking the same thing about the kinked tube, just cant seem to find one. Maybe another filter I am not seeing?

Icky

Reaction score
Possibly something stuck in your pickup tube? Is the pressure bad before the filter?

Icky

Reaction score
Pressure did not seem bad before the filter, but I am going to check that again.
Has it been like that since you got it? Did you replace the pump with one of the same specs or something bigger?

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
Has it been like that since you got it? Did you replace the pump with one of the same specs or something bigger?

No just started acting up new years weekend. Og owner...purchased rig new in 2018. I replaced the pump/filter with the same shurflo pump...new filter came with new pump. Grabbed the part # right off the old pump.

Brian

Reaction score
No just started acting up new years weekend. Og owner...purchased rig new in 2018. I replaced the pump/filter with the same shurflo pump...new filter came with new pump. Grabbed the part # right off the old pump.
Did you buy the pump off amazon? Only reason why I ask is because my OG shurflo pump went bad (leaking) so I googled the part number on it and a bunch of listings came up. Amazon was the cheapest by far so I ordered it. It came and looked identical, but the pump ran like shit and low psi. I messed with the adjustments and never got it to work right. I pulled it out and returned it to amazon and pulled the trigger on one from Camping World to see if it's any better.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
On my rig, when I plug into a water supply, if I turn on the supply faucet, it will provide water to the rig instead of from the pump and the fresh tank. If you do this, do you have the same pressure issues or is it only when you are running off the fresh tank?

If it's only while coming from the fresh tank, as you fill that tank, do you hear water bubbling in the overflow/vent?

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Most new pumps are junk. If it pumps then looses pressure chances are it's the pump.

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
On my rig, when I plug into a water supply, if I turn on the supply faucet, it will provide water to the rig instead of from the pump and the fresh tank. If you do this, do you have the same pressure issues or is it only when you are running off the fresh tank?

If it's only while coming from the fresh tank, as you fill that tank, do you hear water bubbling in the overflow/vent?
When on city water the pressure is fine. The pressure issue is only when running off the pump/tank. No bubbling when filling tank.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Do you have a drain for the fresh tank? On my rig, it's right next to the pump and T'd off the line supplying the pump. If so, open that and see if it will drain full force without issue. If there were a vacuum being pulled on the tank due to insufficient venting, the flow would slow down, just like you said it does in the RV.

What pump do you have? Brand, model#?

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score
Do you have a drain for the fresh tank? On my rig, it's right next to the pump and T'd off the line supplying the pump. If so, open that and see if it will drain full force without issue. If there were a vacuum being pulled on the tank due to insufficient venting, the flow would slow down, just like you said it does in the RV.

What pump do you have? Brand, model#?

Tank drains fine with no issues, pump is a Shurflo 4008 Revolution By-Pass pump.

FlatBottomGuy

Reaction score

dspracing

Reaction score
What about running a temp hose from the pump inlet to a bucket of water? This would help to isolate the issue.