WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ford 7.3 Godzilla

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of what were are taking about? Im interested in learning
There are several discussions going on in here. Are you asking about the 5th wheel / Gooseneck hitch? If so... and a 5th wheel hitch connects to the corner spots instead of with rails in the bed. The rails stay in the bed.
Screenshot_20220209-132735_Google.jpg
20220209_132342.jpg
20220209_132300.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

CLdrinker

Reaction score

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
My understanding is Ohio does 450's and up. Kentucky does 250/350. You might be OK.
Good luck!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
11/01/21 order date.....still no production date. Almost 3.5 months in, hoping for a sub 6 month wait at this point.
Zero chance of that. They already have builds scheduled for March.

Fabhouse

Reaction score
Zero chance of that. They already have builds scheduled for March.
Do I wait for the updated 2023 at this point??
Serious question- my Raptor needs to go, its at 63000 miles and I'd like to get current value for it. I have a nice company truck to use in the mean time, but it's the chevy 'short crew cab' , so 4 doors, cramped back seat. I need room for 2 kids car seats and it is limited space. I know-first world problems. If my production date runs into June/July, why not wait a few more months for the updated interior/body? (realistic delivery of a 2023 could be early 2023 at this point)
Thoughts?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Do I wait for the updated 2023 at this point??
Serious question- my Raptor needs to go, its at 63000 miles and I'd like to get current value for it. I have a nice company truck to use in the mean time, but it's the chevy 'short crew cab' , so 4 doors, cramped back seat. I need room for 2 kids car seats and it is limited space. I know-first world problems. If my production date runs into June/July, why not wait a few more months for the updated interior/body? (realistic delivery of a 2023 could be early 2023 at this point)
Thoughts?
The forums are saying that the 22’s will be built well into summer time. 23’s will be later. This year.

Do you have 5th wheel prep, bedliner or active steering? If it’s a dually you won’t see it for a long time.

But if you don’t have the above I bet you get scheduled For a April or may production. I’m probably may or June at this point. Takes more than a month for delivery.

If you wait for the 23 you won’t have a truck until this time next year probably

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Rumor around the Super Duty forums is no scheduling for production this month.

The way scheduling works is if you get the notice in March your truck would get built in April.
I have a slim chance of getting scheduled the next go around.
So if I don’t get picked in April for a May build. I will probably get the call in may for a June build.
About a month to get to the dealer.
Looking like late July early August.

That’s if things don’t get worse.

attitude

Reaction score

The way scheduling works is if you get the notice in March your truck would get built in April.
So if I don’t get picked in April for a May build. I will probably get the call in may for a June build.

That sucks, every time I see this thread bumped I hop it’s you posting you got your VIN.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

So you ordered the new Speed Super Duty huh?

Does this impact your summer plans?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Well good news plant starts up again on Monday.

Bad news is there is a disclaimer on Fords build site that says a bunch of options and some trims are not available.

Just tried to replicate my build and 5 options are not available. There is one rumor I can’t confirm yet. But a few guys are being told to remove the 4:30 gears.
I went pretty minimal on options. If I can’t get it the way I want it then I will be arguing about my non refundable deposit.

Hopefully I just get the truck and it don’t come to that pissing match.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Interested to see what options are on restriction. I would consider 4.30 mandatory.

Rubber floor mats
AUX switches
Bed lights
Rear window defrost
Remote start

I can live without the defrost and floor mats.
But not the rest and loosing 4:30 gears is out of the question. They are available on the site though. So we will see.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Can't speak to ford deliveries, but X5s that were delivered not long after we got ours didn't have touch screens in them because of chips. I would have been livid

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Rubber floor mats
AUX switches
Bed lights
Rear window defrost
Remote start

I can live without the defrost and floor mats.
But not the rest and loosing 4:30 gears is out of the question. They are available on the site though. So we will see.
Exactly how id order one. Nice choice. Hope you get it timely.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Exactly how id order one. Nice choice. Hope you get it timely.

I’m cool with June, July. August wouldn’t be the end of the world. But after that fuck it.

If I find out that I can’t get it that way I may look at a diesel big horn order.

Or..... New Tundra 😉

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Pretty sure its a package (chrome). My FIL didn't want the chrome wheels etc bc of the salt so the door handles are just black plastic in the normal XLT.I’m cool with June, July. August wouldn’t be the end of the world. But after that fuck it.
If I find out that I can’t get it that way I may look at a diesel big horn order.

Or..... New Tundra
I’m cool with June, July. August wouldn’t be the end of the world. But after that fuck it.

Or..... New Tundra 😉
Just say no to the tundra if you wanna tow heavy. There’s always the diesel route. Lol. Love my mega. I think the SD gasser will come through. Be patient. Easier said than done.

Fabhouse

Reaction score
I'm right at 4.5 months since ordering, and no production date or vin yet...not uncommon.
I found an in-transit dealer ordered truck that was much lower optioned that what I had ordered....7.3 W/ 3.73, Lariat value pack, sport, not a Tremor. Sticker was 64k. The truck I ordered will sticker at 72ish. Asked the dealer for the asking price and they responded 79k.
15k ADM on a super duty. Ill keep waiting.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Just say no to the tundra if you wanna tow heavy. There’s always the diesel route. Lol. Love my mega. I think the SD gasser will come through. Be patient. Easier said than done.
I’m in no big hurry. But being without a truck gets old. Kids didn’t miss going to the desert 1 bit this winter. And they are getting into sports so who knows.
As of now I still want my gas guzzling 7.3 lol.

But the holy grail ain’t bad...lol

Attachments

• F87FB5F1-43D3-4BF9-90A4-CE3CB730DD4F.png
    F87FB5F1-43D3-4BF9-90A4-CE3CB730DD4F.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 59

CLdrinker

Reaction score
More bad news. A guy on the Tremor forum just got scheduled to be built 5/2.

It’s beginning to seem like Robby Gordon is running Ford...

Icky

Reaction score
More bad news. A guy on the Tremor forum just got scheduled to be built 5/2.

It’s beginning to seem like Robby Gordon is running Ford...
Dodge isn't doing any better if it makes you feel better.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Guess I have no choice but to wait. This is very close to what I ordered. But this is the 6.2.
This price is insane.
8BC1302C-7073-4665-A3F8-72135EADA92A.jpeg

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Any news one when the production year will change?
Those rumors are all over the place.
The supposed model change is my biggest fear. If I don’t built before the model change. My order gets canceled and I have to recorder and pay the price increases and start my wait time over which will easily add 3 months.

Right now I have a long shot chance of getting built in June. A good chance for a July build.

It takes 1 month or more for delivery. So I won’t get a truck until July or August at this point. That’s if things go real well.

So if I don’t get picked for June and they switch model year to 23 in July. They shut the plant own for a month to change everything over.

So that could put me into October before I get a truck.

I need my truck for October and November

attitude

Reaction score
Those rumors are all over the place.
The supposed model change is my biggest fear. If I don’t built before the model change. My order gets canceled and I have to recorder and pay the price increases and start my wait time over which will easily add 3 months.

Right now I have a long shot chance of getting built in June. A good chance for a July build.

It takes 1 month or more for delivery. So I won’t get a truck until July or August at this point. That’s if things go real well.

So if I don’t get picked for June and they switch model year to 23 in July. They shut the plant own for a month to change everything over.

So that could put me into October before I get a truck.

I need my truck for October and November
Will people who have unfulfilled 2022 orders have priority for ordering 2023s?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Will people who have unfulfilled 2022 orders have priority for ordering 2023s?
😂 nope. You get picked when they have parts for your order.

That’s how it is now it’s random. The only help is if you buy from a large volume dealer you have greater odds. But they know that and charge MSRP and higher.
Sunrise could have got me my truck in 4 months. But it would have cost around 7k more

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
😂 nope. You get picked when they have parts for your order.

That’s how it is now it’s random. The only help is if you buy from a large volume dealer you have greater odds. But they know that and charge MSRP and higher.
Sunrise could have got me my truck in 4 months. But it would have cost around 7k more

You would have had better luck ordering a Speed UTV 😂

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I got my VIN and production date this morning. April 27.
Maybe see it end of May?
If this is your first date you will be bumped most likely. Allot of guys get bumped 5-7 times.

And from what I understand is that date is a rough estimate. You might get built days after.

I think you are looking at June. But hell I would be thrilled with that 😂

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Priority code 13
84 orders ahead of me.

If they don’t get some large allotments, I will be switching to a 2023 I’m sure.

Last month they only got 12 allotments.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Priority code 13
84 orders ahead of me.

If they don’t get some large allotments, I will be switching to a 2023 I’m sure.

Last month they only got 12 allotments.
What are you talking about?
It says “GOOD DEAL” right there! 🤣

It is a good deal compared to $95k for a Platinum! 😂

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Ford stops taking orders for 2022 Super Duty’s

April 1st. Apparently they have 250k on order now.
No word when they will start taking ‘23 orders or when they will build them.

I don’t think they can build ‘23’s until they redo the assembly line that builds 22’s. So that won’t be until later this year if that’s true.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Keeps getting worse.

Bunch of guys just got emails bumping their build dates to May from April.
I’m number 84 in line with my dealer.
Their allocations dropped from 20-30 month to 12.
If that don’t change. I will be forced to reorder a ‘23 and start all over and get hit with a big price increase.

Good thing I haven’t sold the JK....

Should have just kept the Ram. FML

Not to mention my new enclosed is stranded in Texas. And can’t go buy a Toyhauler with no truck. So we will miss riding season again.

Hopefully shit turns around real quick like.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Not to mention my new enclosed is stranded in Texas. And can’t go buy a Toyhauler with no truck. So we will miss riding season again.

Anything I can do to help out?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Anything I can do to help out?

Nah I’m good. I’m just bitching. Unless you know where a new f250 with 7.3 and 430’s for less than 60k is lol.

Wonder how the JK will like towing all the way back from Texas 🤔

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Just did the fuel math on getting the trailer with the Jeep. Fuck that.

Anyone in Texas need a brand new pace 6x12?
09FAFD9C-4392-4670-BEFC-39B3D5E567C9.jpeg

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What would it cost to fly and rent a U-haul or the like half ton?
Imagine that would be more. Fuel for the Jeep would be 900ish.

I will just let it sit at my buddies place he has room.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Keeps getting worse.

If that don’t change. I will be forced to reorder a ‘23 and start all over and get hit with a big price increase.

It really sucks when money cant fix the problem.

I made the decision years ago that I needed multiple trucks as the base family vehicles and if Im ever down to one vehicle its at min a half ton.

When I only need a bed, a low weight tow, or commute/ empty mileage -I take the little truck.

Cdog

Reaction score
My friend Chad has a f350 DRW CC Lariat on order through Granger in Iowa on my referral based off the truck forum. He waited too long to put in his order. I told him do it around New Years and he waited until mid February. He's getting antsy reading all the forum crap. LOL! 😂

Dealer said he's 204 in line on priority 19. I told him keep the Bedliner & goose prep because it's likely not be a problem when they get to his truck. We will see...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Keeps getting worse.

Imagine that would be more. Fuel for the Jeep would be 900ish.

I will just let it sit at my buddies place he has room.
Fly there rent a u haul box truck one way back to CA. The rental will be a couple hundred bucks. You’ll be paying for gas and a flight. Box truck gets 10.5 MPG. It’s right at $500 in gas to go 1200 miles.