WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What a nasty taste I have

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Yeah, me and thousands of others were visiting the USPS near PHX tonight to pay more than our fair share to the government

DWC

Reaction score
Sorry, feel your pain. I was standing on my wall trimming the olive tree when my wife came home from the tax man.. She said, you might wanna get down before i tell you. Still sweating a bit thinking about it.

Roosky01

Reaction score
I got to the Post Office just in time for the postmark. This year was the most painful to me by far.

I know there were dudes in way more pain than me...😥

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
There is a silver lining with not making much. These days I think I'm only paying for a couple government supplied cell phones for illegals. I used to supply housing, food and medical for a family of 12.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I filed an extension. uncle Joe can continue holding his hand out for the next 6 months as far as im concerned. however I think im gonna do ok as I took about a 6 month vacation in 2021 :)

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I filed an extension. uncle Joe can continue holding his hand out for the next 6 months as far as im concerned. however I think im gonna do ok as I took about a 6 month vacation in 2021 :)
You know why I was in TX this last week... I had to as well. Fucking mess our former accountant created. Joe can wait a bit to give it to the fucking border jumpers.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
438365AA-2DCC-4820-B0A5-9F60D3A68F70.jpeg

J&k beer can

Reaction score
Was talking about this last night bbq with a few friends.
They had to pay up dearly..

I guess having rentals helps cause we get back a few shinny nickels..

wallnutz

Reaction score
Last October had a meeting with the CPA, told me what to expect to pay. I said fuck that, went and bought a new work truck and some equipment. Rather drive around in something new than pay for a border jumper. I still payed money I didn't really want to spend, but at least I spent it on myself.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Last October had a meeting with the CPA, told me what to expect to pay. I said fuck that, went and bought a new work truck and some equipment. Rather drive around in something new than pay for a border jumper. I still payed money I didn't really want to spend, but at least I spent it on myself.
Joe and his illegals can pound sand and take the bus…..We are doing the same thing. Last year bought the wife her Yukon Denali. Now we can have road trips in comfort to our business events. Did the same this year bought a nice GMC 2500 Denali. Now we are set up to tow/haul anything the business needs with ease.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

The bill was due yesterday regardless of when you file.
Think of it as extra time to make sure you find every penny of deduction you can.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
The bill was due yesterday regardless of when you file.
Think of it as extra time to make sure you find every penny of deduction you can.
true that. I filed an extension as well but have mine almost finished up last night.
I'm lucky it sounds but I also probably don't live the lifestyle of some of you 10K owers

I get back from the state.
Wonder what interest will be on the 69 bucks I owe to the feds :eek::rolleyes:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Owed again. Every damn year. This bill was a bit higher than last year.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I got an email from my tax lady. Filed an extension and I'm getting a bit of a return. However, this year is the first year to send in paperwork for my small business and I know she knows I'm stupid as to prior years she thought I was stupid.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
No new kids, just keep trying to fine tune the withholdings. My tax guy told me what I owed and I threatened to kiss him on the mouth, It was about half of the previous year.
What was your overall tax burden though. Did you actually pay less in taxes throughout the year?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
What was your overall tax burden though. Did you actually pay less in taxes throughout the year?

Since sales tax is a function of % of a given price as prices inflate - taxes follow suit - so if you bought the same stuff year to year you paid more in sales tax.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
First time in YEARS, that I have owed anything, made a bit more money last year, but nothing else changed, same filing....I already only claim married/0...tax guy said I should change it to single/0...

Baja 252

Reaction score
My son got a rude awaking this year, welcome to being a successful responsible hard working adult.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Since sales tax is a function of % of a given price as prices inflate - taxes follow suit - so if you bought the same stuff year to year you paid more in sales tax.
None of us are talking about sales tax, we're talking about income tax. He said he didn't pay as much because he adjusted his withholdings, meaning he just paid it throughout the year LOL

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Remarkably I’m getting $14000 back this year however after selling a rental property this year next years estimate is that I will owe Ca. $45000 and the feds will be getting &122000.😡

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Remarkably I’m getting $14000 back this year however after selling a rental property this year next years estimate is that I will owe Ca. $45000 and the feds will be getting &122000.😡
I feel your pain. Need to do the 1031 exchange personally to avail that. 30%+ tax is BS!!!!

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I feel your pain. Need to do the 1031 exchange personally to avail that. 30%+ tax is BS!!!!
Yeah we had considered a1031 but it’s become so complicated to make that happen ( and we don’t want to be landlords anymore) that we decided to bite the bullet on this one.
After a conversation yesterday with my good buddy Tony it seems that going forward, retirement is going to be a very delicate and complicated balancing act of when,where and how much money can be drawn from any particular source.
I think I need someone smarter than me to guide me through this mine field of taxes and regulations.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
None of us are talking about sales tax, we're talking about income tax. He said he didn't pay as much because he adjusted his withholdings, meaning he just paid it throughout the year LOL

Im aware - thing is poeple dont think about this often so I just threw it out as a part of what is " Tax".

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I owed again but like others have said, I don't want them earning interest on my money until the last minute. That said, I actually got a refund from the state so I broke even!

EmpirE231

Reaction score
USPS and postmarks?? paid mine online

always sucks forking over more money... especially after getting hammered on your withholding from your W2 income all year as well.

traquer

Reaction score
It's easy when it's a work truck and equipment. Lol I asked my CPA how can I get a good tax break on a sports car. He said better to use my brain to make more money doing what I'm good at than to create some b.s. car tuning company and all the distractions that come with it just to get the write-off on the car.