WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Scorpions

cdalee440

Reaction score
We were sitting barefoot around the fire last pit night here in Havasu and started seeing these little guys running all around on the travertine and under the chairs and what not. Does insect spray get rid of them?

HBCraig

Reaction score
We were sitting barefoot around the fire last pit night here in Havasu and started seeing these little guys running all around on the travertine and under the chairs and what not. Does insect spray get rid of them?
Get a black light. They glow. It's pretty cool

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Only Cykick.

My pest guy sprays it outside every 30 days (60 days in winter) and I do inside with 2oz per gallon every 4-6 weeks.

PaPaG

Reaction score
We use that 20z concentrate mixed with 2 gallons and it kills on contact with a little extra spraying. Once every few weeks sprayed around perimeters of any structure seems to keep them away.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Get a black light. They glow. It's pretty cool
B49D1D77-827C-479C-B365-AD7671FF8D9A.png

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
We use that 20z concentrate mixed with 2 gallons and it kills on contact with a little extra spraying. Once every few weeks sprayed around perimeters of any structure seems to keep them away.
Yeah it works for sure.
I’ve found 3 scorpions inside in 3 years. All in the morning and all dead. Cykick lasts for weeks. As soon as they walk across the floor they start dying, even 6 weeks after treatment.
The centipedes seem to die slower than the scorpions.

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Get yourself a uv flashlight from ace hardware. They will glow in the dark. You might have a den somewhere on the property. Then call the local pest control company and they can take care of it

rebelmark75

Reaction score
I got stung in the foot in the shower and my leg was numb for 15 hours. It was like someone stuck me with a hot poker!

Reactions: DWC

cdalee440

Reaction score
Yep just like in that bucket. I’ll get a black light cause I can’t have those things running around near the pool if there is a den. I tried to step on hem but damn things were too fast, with their tails in the air. Found one in the garage a month or so ago. First time in 9 years living in Havasu…

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Order some cykick concentrate from amazon, and mix it yourself. It works very well on scorpions.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
We rarely see scorpions here in Central coast but have recently discovered Diatomaceous Earth which is completely harmless to humans and pets and kills nearly every bug know to man . It apparently invaded their exoskeletons , cheap and easy and non toxic ... Google diatemaceous earth and scorpions

westair

Reaction score
Yep just like in that bucket. I’ll get a black light cause I can’t have those things running around near the pool if there is a den. I tried to step on hem but damn things were too fast, with their tails in the air. Found one in the garage a month or so ago. First time in 9 years living in Havasu…
You've had no scorpions in 9 years in that house? .. .. any changes in your yard .... pool maybe? I've never had any at my house here in Havasu, and I know I'm getting pretty lazy and really not watching out for them

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Ive had my place in Mohave Valley for 16 years and only seen them outside and in the garage. Usually step on them to kill them but have also used RAID Ant and Roach spray you can get at any store and it kills them also. Good to have on hand if you find one in a corner somewhere you can't get to easily. Hate those suckers.

HAVASUSUN

Reaction score
For those in AZ who say you don’t have any… get the black flashlight! You will be a shocked. We found 6 one night last week in the yard.

Reactions: DWC

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
For those in AZ who say you don’t have any… get the black flashlight! You will be a shocked. We found 6 one night last week in the yard.
I had a place there for 6 years. Found them in the wall while doing a remodel. Wife had the inside of the house sprayed with a crop duster.
20220502_085753.jpg

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I encourage visitation from my local roadrunner population over for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner 😊
Our 2 love cut up BarS hotdogs. They come peck on the sliding door and I ALWAYS go out and feed them. Haven't seen a scorp this year at all. Damn I just jinxed myself. I'm going to go get a light.

cdalee440

Reaction score
You've had no scorpions in 9 years in that house? .. .. any changes in your yard .... pool maybe? I've never had any at my house here in Havasu, and I know I'm getting pretty lazy and really not watching out for them
Only 1 at my house when I lived off of smoke tree about 7 years ago inside the house and then these in 9 years. I had an exterminator come out and spray and the first thing he started spraying were my palm trees… then everything else.

BajaT

Reaction score
Had good luck finding dead scorpions after spraying above around house. $16 bucks on amazon.