WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OZARK - so whats next?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Binged the second half of season 4 last past few nights. That show has never jumped the shark, still stays as good as when it started. There is plenty to keep it going based on the ending, is a season 5 rumored?

Singleton

Reaction score
Rumor is Netflix wanted it to end in 4 and has no current plans to extend into a 5th season.
I could see a spin off occurring with the numbers season 4 has pulled, but that could be in a couple years.

Tank

Reaction score
We're about 5 episodes into the 4th season. I believe it's lost a little of its luster and pace in the final season but still good. Jason Bateman is fuckin' awesome. Wife and I listen to a pod cast when we drive to havasu called Smartless, that is him Will Arnet and Shawn Hayes. They interview actors, comedians and others. We usually just listen to the comedian interviews but really only listen for the banter between Bateman Arnet and Hayes. Bateman is such a sarcastic, dry asshole it's AWESOME!

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I started the second half of the 4th season last night with 2 episodes. The plot has stayed the same since the beginning - a continuous downward spiral in every episode.
It's so depressing we can only do 2 episodes at a time, then it's on to something much lighter like Benny Hill or Get Smart reruns.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
If you want something weird, try watching Twin Peaks from the early 90’s then the reboot from 2017. It’s like a train wreck, but it’s so bizarre you stay to see what happens next.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
We're about 5 episodes into the 4th season. I believe it's lost a little of its luster and pace in the final season but still good. Jason Bateman is fuckin' awesome. Wife and I listen to a pod cast when we drive to havasu called Smartless, that is him Will Arnet and Shawn Hayes. They interview actors, comedians and others. We usually just listen to the comedian interviews but really only listen for the banter between Bateman Arnet and Hayes. Bateman is such a sarcastic, dry asshole it's AWESOME!
We love the show as well. However...I think Jason Bateman is terrible. He constantly looks down and acts depressed or like he's on Prozac. He make me want to rip my face off. That said, its one of the best series...ever. My list of best ever series -

1 GOT
2 Black Sails
3 Vikings
4 Ozark
5 Blacklist (Which we are still watching. )

Id be curious as to others top 5.

(I could be convinced Black Sails is #1)

Tank

Reaction score
We love the show as well. However...I think Jason Bateman is terrible. He constantly looks down and acts depressed or like he's on Prozac. He make me want to rip my face off. That said, its one of the best series...ever. My list of best ever series -

1 GOT
2 Black Sails
3 Vikings
4 Ozark

I think he's playing the role to a T. If you watch him in other performances (Do yourself a favor and watch the movie Bad Words, fuckin HILARIOUS) or arrested development he is not the way you describe at all. He's actually a good actor. I think he's playing the roll of the somewhat meek numbers guy that most likely is depressed and on prozac because his shitty business partner forced him into this hell hole of a life and his family is a wreck and he's a moment from getting a bullet in the head or everything unraveling at any second.

I can't pin down a list but I can say

Game of thrones was fantastic.
black sails I couldn't get passed a few episodes as it felt SO hollywood. But this was right after we watched Taboo which was one of the best shows I've ever watched.
Vikings was great but didn't watch the last couple seasons. Felt repetitious and if it was drug on for money reasons after they went as far as they could with what is supposed to be a true story about Ragnor.
Enjoyed Ozark a lot.
Never watched Blacklist.

Breaking Bad is probably one of the best shows ever created right up there with Deadwood which I think is another "best of all time" shows.
Peaky Blinders is another top lister.
We liked Stranger Things (may be a little too sci fi for some)

A lot of good stuff out there.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I think he's playing the role to a T. If you watch him in other performances (Do yourself a favor and watch the movie Bad Words, fuckin HILARIOUS) or arrested development he is not the way you describe at all. He's actually a good actor. I think he's playing the roll of the somewhat meek numbers guy that most likely is depressed and on prozac because his shitty business partner forced him into this hell hole of a life and his family is a wreck and he's a moment from getting a bullet in the head or everything unraveling at any second.

black sails I couldn't get passed a few episodes as it felt SO hollywood. But this was right after we watched Taboo which was one of the best shows I've ever watched.
Vikings was great but didn't watch the last couple seasons. Felt repetitious and if it was drug on for money reasons after they went as far as they could with what is supposed to be a true story about Ragnor.
Enjoyed Ozark a lot.
Never watched Blacklist.

Breaking Bad is probably one of the best shows ever created right up there with Deadwood which I think is another "best of all time" shows.

These naval battles were awesome.

Id agree on BB. Top 5. Deadwood, I'd forgotten about, also right up there.

You're going to make me redo my list. :D

Tank

Reaction score

That is good stuff from Black Sails.

If you haven't had the opportunity to watch Taboo with Tom Hardy, check it out. I don't think a lot of people have seen it but it's a Pretty amazing show. Takes place in England right around 1776. Story revolves around a lot of historical fiction and is based on the fact Tom Hardy's character owns the rights to Nootka Sound which is an island directly on the boarder of Canada and the US and was disputed by Canada the US and England. It's a dark show literally and figuratively. When watching it, you really get the feeling of how people lived in those times and how dirty shit was. Plus the night scenes seem almost filmed by freakin candle light lol It's one of my favorite shows. I really dug it. Supposedly there will be a second season but covid and other stuff has delayed it for past like 4 years.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

You still haven’t binged “The Wire”?
Being a student of human behavior I think it would make your top 3.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
That is good stuff from Black Sails.

If you haven't had the opportunity to watch Taboo with Tom Hardy, check it out. I don't think a lot of people have seen it but it's a Pretty amazing show. Takes place in England right around 1776. Story revolves around a lot of historical fiction and is based on the fact Tom Hardy's character owns the rights to Nootka Sound which is an island directly on the boarder of Canada and the US and was disputed by Canada the US and England. It's a dark show literally and figuratively. When watching it, you really get the feeling of how people lived in those times and how dirty shit was. Plus the night scenes seem almost filmed by freakin candle light lol It's one of my favorite shows. I really dug it. Supposedly there will be a second season but covid and other stuff has delayed it for past like 4 years.

I'll check it out. We're nearly done with blacklist

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
One of our favorite series of all time. Hoping it comes back as that ending left a lot to go on with.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
As far as Ozark I REALLY enjoyed season 1-2.
3 started getting a little wonky, season 4 I made it 3 episodes and gave up.
Just too unbelievable the stupid shit they were doing.
I mean, does anyone even begin to believe there can be undetected poppy fields in the Ozarks that are run by inbreds that can rival the cartel??
Can anyone even pretend to think that a trailer trash bimbo can run any kind of business, let alone launder on a global scale?
I’m all for artistic license and entertainment for the sake of entertainment, but I could only take so much of that.

wash11

Reaction score

1 GOT
2 Black Sails
3 Vikings
4 Ozark

#3 Vikings....

Lagertha makes me happy in my pants. Heck, my wife would even throw a leg over her.

9eb34c3fcf7d2fe68cbe3d0d40c40bd1--viking-makeup-viking-braids.jpg

Springfield

Reaction score
Watched the show with Lagertha and........😋

Back to Ozark and "Ruthie" the lil firecracker. She has a movie on Netflix gota see if you liked her character before, "Inventing Anna"........I'll say no more 🤨

mobldj

Reaction score
I moved onto OUTER RANGE on prime. It's a lil bizarre at times.. but, interesting. Something decent to watch👍
outer range is alittle trippy,as far as ozark ruths shot but is she dead.think marty has ulcers.

Roosky01

Reaction score
Bateman was perfect portraying the beta male that just made shit happen. I wish Laura Linney would’ve been cut from the cunt to the neck. I despise that woman in everything that she’s in….

counterpart7

Reaction score
Watched the show with Lagertha and........😋

Back to Ozark and "Ruthie" the lil firecracker. She has a movie on Netflix gota see if you liked her character before, "Inventing Anna"........I'll say no more 🤨
She killed it in "Inventing Anna." Just finished Ozark, hoping it comes back and she didn't die.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Stumbled on Deep Water / Hulu - twisted sex and murder deal, pretty fucked up scenario

Cleaner / Netflix - awesome thriller / mystery crime murder

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
What service has this one?
Honestly I don’t think any of them.
It’s too good.
When season 4 came out they had a pre screening with like 20 critics.
To a person they called it “the best 13 hours ever produced for television”.

I’m pretty picky. Most of the series that everyone else likes I find kind of lackluster.
GOT was epic, I found sons of anarchy unwatchable.
Sopranos was good, Dexter, breaking bad, all good. Yellowstone? I don’t get the hype, like no substance to me at all.
Peaky blinders? Unwatchable.
Better call Saul, excellent.

But the wire…that is the gold standard with nothing else even close.
One man’s opinion. Lol

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
@Tank

Finished Ozark the other night. Why can't Wendy Byrde die? I was truly hoping she was gonna eat a bullet. She is a HORRIBLE actress, her facial expressions make me wan't to punch myself in the face.

Good ending. If they don't write her out for season 5 (if there is one) I'm likely out. She gives me the shits. :mad:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
@Tank

Finished Ozark the other night. Why can't Wendy Byrde die? I was truly hoping she was gonna eat a bullet. She is a HORRIBLE actress, her facial expressions make me wan't to punch myself in the face.

Good ending. If they don't write her out for season 5 (if there is one) I'm likely out. She gives me the shits. :mad:
See you next Tuesday for sure

Tank

Reaction score
@Tank

We have like 2 episodes left. I was hoping they'd smoke her too. Zero likable qualities with her.

That is the last season I do believe. So, however it was left is how it was left.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Wife and I began watching Ozark from the very beginning. I frequently remind my wife, I don’t know what’s going to happen in the end (pun intended), but it was Wendy Byrde and her rather bizarre sexual desires that got them into this predicament to begin with. So, we’re watching season 4 and Wendy Byrde’s father shows up. My wife flips out. Who is that creep? She’s positive she recalls seeing that guy playing the part of Wendy’s father, Mr Davis, in something else, years ago. This guy is obviously really bugging my wife. Then Bam! She has a revelation. She shouts out, That creep is John Boy, from the Waltons! And low and behold, It Was.

We’ve enjoyed the series. Bateman does a good job. Previous posts have mentioned other good series. There’s been a bunch of them. Don’t recall if Bloodline was mentioned. We really liked that one. Good story line and actors. Felt it did a good job of depicting the FL Keys and the life style down there.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Wife and I began watching Ozark from the very beginning. I frequently remind my wife, I don’t know what’s going to happen in the end (pun intended), but it was Wendy Byrde and her rather bizarre sexual desires that got them into this predicament to begin with. So, we’re watching season 4 and Wendy Byrde’s father shows up. My wife flips out. Who is that creep? She’s positive she recalls seeing that guy playing the part of Wendy’s father, Mr Davis, in something else, years ago. This guy is obviously really bugging my wife. Then Bam! She has a revelation. She shouts out, That creep is John Boy, from the Waltons! And low and behold, It Was.

We’ve enjoyed the series. Bateman does a good job. Previous posts have mentioned other good series. There’s been a bunch of them. Don’t recall if Bloodline was mentioned. We really liked that one. Good story line and actors. Felt it did a good job of depicting the FL Keys and the life style down there.
John Boy was the pedophile of Walton mountain, creepy dude. And get the fucking quarter sized mole removed for fucks sake.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
since someone dared start the argument on best tv shows of all time, here is my list in no particular order

1. The Sopranos
2. Breaking Bad
3. The Wire
4. Game of Thrones

Shows that I love and are awesome, but not wanting to fight it out with people over "best".

1. Vikings
2. Last Kingdom
3. Yellowstone
4. Peaky Blinders
5. Jack Ryan

Shows I loved, but don't expect everyone to agree:

1. Cobra Kai
2. Westworld
3. The Righteous Gemstones (just the most recent thing I watched)
4. The Crown
5. Reacher

That's just top of the head.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score

I really enjoyed Bloodline. The last episode really ruined it for me. I'm not really even sure what happened now?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I really enjoyed Bloodline. The last episode really ruined it for me. I'm not really even sure what happened now?
I best recall the guy who played the bad brother was a excellent actor. That guy/character was very easy to hate.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Enjoyed Ozark a lot.
Never watched Blacklist.

Sopranos
Deadwood
Boardwalk empire
Black sails
Peaky Blinders

So many great shows.. those are the best of the best though..

If you guys want something that is uplifting and just a great overall show Friday Night Lights is awesome. I am not even a sports fan and I love this show.

We are going to state!!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I could relate to him. I had a pal growing up that fucked up everything in his life.

When that actor won an award for that role in Bloodline my wife said, Oh No. I hate that guy. I said, Exactly. And sure proof he’s such a good actor.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
If you like Ozark, then I'd watch Breaking Bad for sure. BB might be my favorite series of all time.

After you watch Breaking Bad, watch El Camino which is just a single episode/movie about what happens to the characters right after the BB finale.

Also after you watch BB, try out Better Call Saul. I tried a few times to get into it and didn't get hooked because the first episodes move a little slow for me, but after watching about 5 episodes it got really good and now I am binging through the seasons. It's the story of Saul Goodman the lawyer on BB, and how he got started. It has great references to BB with some familiar characters, but it stands on its own as a good show.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Longmire is cool too. The Sinner has a new season out. Queen of the South was cool as well.

Tank

Reaction score
If you like Ozark, then I'd watch Breaking Bad for sure. BB might be my favorite series of all time.

After you watch Breaking Bad, watch El Camino which is just a single episode/movie about what happens to the characters right after the BB finale.

Also after you watch BB, try out Better Call Saul. I tried a few times to get into it and didn't get hooked because the first episodes move a little slow for me, but after watching about 5 episodes it got really good and now I am binging through the seasons. It's the story of Saul Goodman the lawyer on BB, and how he got started. It has great references to BB with some familiar characters, but it stands on its own as a good show.
Spot on Greg. Except I still haven’t revisited better call Saul. We watched first 2 or 3 episodes when it first came out and it was soooooo fucking slow. Couldn’t do it. But we may revisit.

thmterry

Reaction score
Imposters and Start up I thought were worth watching. I just started Lincoln Lawyer and it is keeping my attention.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Spot on Greg. Except I still haven’t revisited better call Saul. We watched first 2 or 3 episodes when it first came out and it was soooooo fucking slow. Couldn’t do it. But we may revisit.
Same here, couldn’t get the feel of BCS. Bailed.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Looking for shows to watch when Covid hit, based of the recommendation on RDP I watched Better Call Saul (I had never seen Breaking Bad). Better Call Saul picks up and is on the same level as Ozark (in my opinion). I liked it so much, I watched Breaking Bad after watching Better Call Saul. A revisit may be in order.

Tank

Reaction score
Looking for shows to watch when Covid hit, based of the recommendation on RDP I watched Better Call Saul (I had never seen Breaking Bad). Better Call Saul picks up and is on the same level as Ozark (in my opinion). I liked it so much, I watched Breaking Bad after watching Better Call Saul. A revisit may be in order.
it may have been because we had come off of watching BB when we started BCS so the ramp up to get going seemed to drag. Didn’t get to the good stuff quick enough and my patience ran out.

If I had to say best shows of all
Time breaking bad, deadwood and GOT would definitely be in the top 5

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
it may have been because we had come off of watching BB when we started BCS so the ramp up to get going seemed to drag. Didn’t get to the good stuff quick enough and my patience ran out.

If I had to say best shows of all
Time breaking bad, deadwood and GOT would definitely be in the top 5
Ya know, been thinking about my top 5. I forgot all about Narcos and Narcos Mexico. There’s lots of good television out there.

Better stuff and more choices than ever before.

I watch a bunch of Outdoor TV too. If you’re into backcountry hunting, try Greg McHale’s Wild Yukon.

Dude is an absolute savage. Combines extreme adventure sports with hunting

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I don’t get how Ozark can be over.

Before Ruth died, she asked who told you? Which tells the lady that there was more than 1 person that was aware it was Ruth who killed her son.

Fuckers. Lol

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

Why is his name not Saul on the show though?