WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Business travel

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Haha - go on the 19th!
The meeting day hasn’t been picked it. I’m going to push for 21st. So I fly in on the 20th meeting on the 21st and fly out that evening.

I rather not fly Monday or fridays. The airports are getting crazy again now with less staff. Complete shit show.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
As a guy who passed 4,000,000 miles on American Airlines last month I’ve been out of practice with my travel. It was long day today.

It’s great to be home right now!

View attachment 1104779

Familiar arrival accoutrements in a different setting....

Diamond award from making company "club" for one or a number of years. (always hard to do)
Cold one.
Nicely macked up phatty (with a relief in it) and an old school flip top gas lighter.

Welcome home.

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
That is going to be amazing!!!! We go back at the end of the month. We shall see if they really do it.

Every airline CEO has requested it end. If the government extends it, I am not sure what the pilot and flight attendant unions will do.

Singleton

Reaction score
That is going to be amazing!!!! We go back at the end of the month. We shall see if they really do it.

Well, the government just F’d travelers again.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has decided to extend the security directive and emergency amendment for 15 days, through May 3, 2022."

CEOs of Alaska Air, Atlas Air, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, FedEx Express, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, UPS Airlines and Airlines for America signed the letter, requesting the mandate be discontinued and not extended, since enforcing the mask mandates has taken a toll on their employees, who have experienced an increase in unruly customers due to masking-related conflicts.

• Sad
Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Back to Atl this week. Used to be at least monthly. Gotta say i didn’t miss this much.

5D3621C1-5893-4B39-9486-801E0E5B83CD.jpeg

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Took a flight to NY in December - air vent above me was inoperative - no one could or would to shit for me and Ive never spent a more uncomfortable period of time in my life.

Sucking hot air through mask all day is beyond intolerable.

sirbob

Reaction score
Well, the government just F’d travelers again.
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has decided to extend the security directive and emergency amendment for 15 days, through May 3, 2022."

CEOs of Alaska Air, Atlas Air, American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, FedEx Express, Hawaiian Airlines, JetBlue Airways, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, UPS Airlines and Airlines for America signed the letter, requesting the mandate be discontinued and not extended, since enforcing the mask mandates has taken a toll on their employees, who have experienced an increase in unruly customers due to masking-related conflicts.

“Out of an abundance of caution...”

😤

DWC

Reaction score

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
My business travel has been ramping up again - I went to Buffalo, NY a few weeks ago where it was 17 degrees and snowing.. Earlier this week I had a quick trip to Austin, my flight home to PHX last night was delayed by 2 hours for no particular reason.... In a couple of weeks I go back to the NE US. It would be nice if masks were no longer required on flights.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I rather not fly Monday or fridays. The airports are getting crazy again now with less staff. Complete shit show.
Austin is a fucking zoo almost all the time now... I'm flying there tomorrow, and back Sunday. Clear is the only thing that keeps me from getting pissed in that mess.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Austin is a fucking zoo almost all the time now... I'm flying there tomorrow, and back Sunday. Clear is the only thing that keeps me from getting pissed in that mess.
Really? I thought it was great when we flew in and out a few weeks back.... At least they have a Delta lounge (and a very nice one too) vs San Antonio.

Try LAX and you would think Austin is great!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Really? I thought it was great when we flew in and out a few weeks back.... At least they have a Delta lounge (and a very nice one too) vs San Antonio.

Try LAX and you would think Austin is great!
I fly out of LAX a fair amount its not fun. Austin has been having staffing issues. A couple weeks ago people were just leaving rental cars in the line at drop-off over all the delays and shit. It used to be seamless and fast...now the checkpoints are packed most of the time. Clear ftw. That they do...I just rarely fly delta, and there is no amex lounge unfortunately there.

the south terminal where frontier flies out of is actually pretty legit..super fast.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Earlier this week I had a quick trip to Austin, my flight home to PHX last night was delayed by 2 hours for no particular reason....
Let me guess, it was American...and they put you on the plane then you sat at the gate that whole time? I got to experience that in Austin last month. They didn't even offer water.

Singleton

Reaction score
Have to go to the New Orleans March 18. Hoping these restrictions are over by then.
Was scheduled to be in LA today and tomorrow, but stayed home and I am on 9hr zoom meetings each day.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Question for you business travelers. What Airport lounge or lounges do you use and why? I have been going to AA's Admirals club but seems like it's crowded and their Priority line is now sometimes just as long. If I do an Amex Platinum card I can get into the Centurion lounge, they're pretty crowded too. Plus LAX's Centurion lounge is in the International terminal and it's been closed for a while.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
We shall see. We were there when it was lifted. Still had a large # of masked up people. About 75% still with masks. I am good with that. But not sure if some stores/resturants will require inside. Then you have the flights. 5+ hours of the mask up BS. Going back in 2 weeks so I will see how it is going as well.

None of the stores or restaurants require masks. And the majority of the people wearing masks outside are Japanese people.

Hawaii is open until it’s not

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Question for you business travelers. What Airport lounge or lounges do you use and why? I have been going to AA's Admirals club but seems like it's crowded and their Priority line is now sometimes just as long. If I do an Amex Platinum card I can get into the Centurion lounge, they're pretty crowded too. Plus LAX's Centurion lounge is in the International terminal and it's been closed for a while.
I travel delta so use there’s mostly. If not it’s centurion or priority pass. Lax will have the biggest delta lounge opening next week over 30k sq ft.

But they are pretty busy too.

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Guess i won’t put a drink down on tonight’s flight.
I am telling you…..Beef jerky and peanut m&ms. Those have been my go to for some time now. 👍

Singleton

Reaction score

Delta or Centurion Lounge are the ones I use now. At one time, I had AA, United and Delta lounge memberships (company paid for all of them). Flew over 750k on United and 500k on AA and finally switched to Delta in 2016. 250k and counting with them. Delta works the best for me and then Southwest when traveling with family.
Really depends on where you travel and on what airline when it comes to clubs.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Depending on the airport...I use the centurion lounge mostly...but in some airports they get crowded and then have a line as you said. In Las Vegas..honestly I would rather go to the club LAS one... you use your priority pass membership that comes with the card to go in there. It has showers etc... Over time you'll figure out the good and not as good ones (they are all worth going to). Depending on what airline you are on, more lounges are open to you via that. I like the delta ones honestly..but often cannot use delta where I fly to. The priority pass network has a whole list to look through..

One of the biggest things I like on it...if shit goes awry AMEX plat concierge is on point. Whether its a flight issue, or a hotel being overbooked etc...call them, they will handle it for you...this is great especially when bouncing between connections and things being wrong at destination.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Let me guess, it was American...and they put you on the plane then you sat at the gate that whole time? I got to experience that in Austin last month. They didn't even offer water.
It was American, but the delay was due to the inbound plane being late. It sat in PHX for around 6 hours and somehow ended up being delayed by 2 hours.

I have status with United, but made the decision to start over with American this year because they have better flight options for where I travel now. Hopefully I don't regret that decision

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I've had the Amex Plat for awhile. The annual fee is steep, but if you travel you can recoup the cost. The centurion lounges are pretty nice and they seem to be in a lot of airports that I use. The food and alcohol quality in the amex lounges is good, seems to be better than other lounges

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I hear the mask gig is up on airlines

Yup and then United doubled down on it..fuck them. I flew to Phx yesterday for DS and the flight attendants were either 1 over it, or 2 nazi’s over masks...no in between. MaK turns two in early may so she’s still fine...but I’ll be damned if I put a mask on her. Got asked 3x her age 🙄

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Wife just informed me this evening. Excited and sounds like the TSA is not requiring it. I am hoping that Hawaiian does not mandate like how Hawaii has held the line for so long. I am certainly cautiously optimistic.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Wife just informed me this evening. Excited and sounds like the TSA is not requiring it. I am hoping that Hawaiian does not mandate like how Hawaii has held the line for so long. I am certainly cautiously optimistic.
Peter Ingram has to ask King Kermit for permission to shit let alone anything else... 😂😂🤦‍♂️

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Yup and then United doubled down on it..fuck them. I flew to Phx yesterday for DS and the flight attendants were either 1 over it, or 2 nazi’s over masks...no in between. MaK turns two in early may so she’s still fine...but I’ll be damned if I put a mask on her. Got asked 3x her age 🙄
Exactly right. And it makes me want to strangle the latter but at the end of the day it’s just not worth feeding in to their bullshit.

My 2yo (who has never worn a mask) was never even asked about age and zero problems flying out of PIT(still surprised over that). Sky harbor different story, they wanted to hear nothing…at the jetway it was “we don’t care how old she is, either she puts on a mask or leave”. Yet kids with binkys walked right through

Direct flights american airlines and Once on the plane no-one wore them.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Nobody wants to see pics of the Central Valley, the Bay Area, Northern California, or Northern Nevada. I will have to just look at other peoles pics. LOL

kurtis500

Reaction score
Depending on the airport...I use the centurion lounge mostly...but in some airports they get crowded and then have a line as you said. In Las Vegas..honestly I would rather go to the club LAS one... you use your priority pass membership that comes with the card to go in there. It has showers etc... Over time you'll figure out the good and not as good ones (they are all worth going to). Depending on what airline you are on, more lounges are open to you via that. I like the delta ones honestly..but often cannot use delta where I fly to. The priority pass network has a whole list to look through..

One of the biggest things I like on it...if shit goes awry AMEX plat concierge is on point. Whether its a flight issue, or a hotel being overbooked etc...call them, they will handle it for you...this is great especially when bouncing between connections and things being wrong at destination.
Are you diamond with Delta? Im one trip away from Platinum already for 2022 :/

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Are you diamond with Delta? Im one trip away from Platinum already for 2022 :/
I’m 13k MQM’s from diamond but way short on MQD’s so not sure I’ll make it. Hope they have the offer towards the end of the year to buy the short segments and make your status.

At the rate you are going you could be diamond by the end of the year.

I’ve taken round trips to NY with a same day return just to get the miles in. Crazy long days.

kurtis500

Reaction score
I’m 13k MQM’s from diamond but way short on MQD’s so not sure I’ll make it. Hope they have the offer towards the end of the year to buy the short segments and make your status.

At the rate you are going you could be diamond by the end of the year.

I’ve taken round trips to NY with a same day return just to get the miles in. Crazy long days.
I just checked, although Im not too familiar with Deltas system..

Im at 86K MQM's, so beyond Platinum (I think) and $2000 from Platinum on MQD's. So maybe more than one trip but not far.

Turn arounds from NY have got to be brutal. I hope your in at least a comfort+ seat. Im doing almost all SLC to PHX and then some TX, IL and FL

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I just checked, although Im not too familiar with Deltas system..

Im at 86K MQM's, so beyond Platinum (I think) and $2000 from Platinum on MQD's. So maybe more than one trip but not far.

Turn arounds from NY have got to be brutal. I hope your in at least a comfort+ seat. Im doing almost all SLC to PHX and then some TX, IL and FL
You are close... I think you will make it.... Sometimes Delta at the end of the year gives you a chance to buy additional MQM and MQD to make your status. Its cheaper to fly the leg needed but also it takes you ALL DAY......

I have a delta Platinum Amex card so I always make the waiver on the MQD's to make Platinum, but need to spend 250k to make Diamond and I wont make that.

I still need $13,800 MQD's to make Diamond. I have more trips planned this year so will see.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
for you flyers get some of these
That’s what I use. I had one flight attendant sweat me about it one time, but that was it.

I was in NYC last week.
Flight home got canceled.
Had to stay an extra night.

God I hate NYC…but goddam there’s some really good eats there 😊

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Went to SF Sunday and back yesterday. 20% wearing on plane and 50% in the city. Only had to wear in the hospital. 👍 I can live With that.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Would have been the mid 60’s when I worked for Litton Industries… in the electronics field… Did a bit of business traveling… Nothing serious no airplane flights …we were based out of Van Nuys California but had contracts with the Marine Corps and the Navy… So the travels were like to Camp Pendleton …Macs three in Orange County… Pt Magu…and I forget what the naval base was in San Diego???… fun times …everything was paid for… Hotels… Fuel reimbursement… Wear and tear on your vehicle…etc…
… in retrospect it was a pretty big deal for a 20-year-old kid who didn’t know shit from shit… Working with some of the brightest electronic engineering minds in the world… I guess I must’ve known something or they wouldn’t have sent me to intermingle with the geniuses???…

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Heading out in the morning for the first time being able to get to or from Hawaii massless. It’s been some time now.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
At sky harbor this morning catching a flight back to HI. About a 5% masked up in the airport. Walking to grab food what do O see but the flight crew for Hawaiian Airlines about 8 of them…..100% masked up. This is going to be interesting.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Flight attendants are not happy. They are masked up and must not be happy. Today want the first time that they say we can’t have iPads open while taking off.

sirbob

Reaction score
In the middle of busy couple of weeks.

Flew to Boston Sunday, it was still pretty cold!

B9B7B50D-71F0-4243-B7C2-2D045C2FB308.jpeg
F3885071-DBA8-42B9-9F28-0535E37CAAA5.jpeg
F8AFC5DB-D013-441C-8211-A69C565191BB.jpeg

On to Philadelphia last night…

55ABEDC5-FC30-440D-9A95-5F33ED0B1870.jpeg
9516530C-F37D-4CF2-93E1-6FDBDA2142AF.jpeg
F1905CA3-8395-42DA-861D-019508D0D825.jpeg

Here until Saturday morning- then fly back to LAX.

Sunday flight to Detroit until mid week. That’s a town I haven’t been to in a while.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Today want the first time that they say we can’t have iPads open while taking off.
Really? What airline?

Mine comes out the minute I board and take my seat LOL