WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Stock Market, where’s the bottom?

77charger

Reaction score
I think there’s going to be some Bitcoin opportunities as long as it keeps tracking with the nasdaq…tech stocks are getting hit hard and it’ll continue.
My son who is 20 has a lot in bitcoin he’s a firm believer it’s gonna hit 100k. I hive him shit at times buts he is firm for long term.

I just hope he don’t lose his ass off but then again he may learn a thing or two as well.

hallett21

Reaction score
Oof. I’m reading chatter of Biden lifting Chinese sanctions to try and stop the bleeding.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Oof. I’m reading chatter of Biden lifting Chinese sanctions to try and stop the bleeding.
The damage has been done, there’s nothing the Chinese can do to help… they’re hurting us all with their insane “zero covid” lockdowns which have nothing to do with sanctions. Their factories aren’t running, which is a huge problem when your GDP is led by the manufacturing sector.

The best we can hope for is that Biden doesn’t fuck things up any worse than already.

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Inflation will continue to rise and that will kill the stock market. There is more room to fall!
Yep, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Dow back in the 2x,xxx.

Nothing but headwinds, bad news, no free money and 2.5 more years with a dementia patient and a babbling bafoon as the 2 leaders on the country.

Hammer

Reaction score

Nothing but headwinds, bad news, no free money and 2.5 more years with a dementia patient and a babbling bafoon as the 2 leaders on the country.
Ya..... But at least he's not mean like the other guy! :rolleyes:🤣

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Id-Love-A-Mean-Tweet-And-1.79-Gas-Right-Now-45-Trump-47-Shirt.jpg

Done-it-again

Reaction score

That would be nice.... I thought he would do that right away once he got in office.

That 25% would come in handy.....

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Before you jump on this first ford electric truck check who makes the batteries and research the antitrust lawsuit they lost. 4 years of batteries for ford from this company. Next electric ford truck is going to have ford made batteries at a ford plant. This would be a safer bet than this first truck.
That is settled and the battery factory is up to speed.
It’ll only get better.
What’s your point?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

I’ll bet you all my crypto that Jao is not president in 2 years.

Last edited:

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
The lower the better for those of us who have been on the sidelines for awhile, lol. I’m prepared for another 08.
We aren’t even back to the bottom of the pandemic level se yet. Still has a loooooooooong way to fall :(

2Driver

Reaction score
I’ll bet you all my crypto that Jao is not president in 2 years.
LOL Not sure what worse, him there or not.

At least with him there it's like hair slowing things from going down the drain.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I hate to say it but we have more losses to go, no reversal in sight YET but it will come and when it does make sure you are ready to buy some choice stocks or buy bits here and there as the market is correcting. I was taught long time ago NOT TO TRY TO CATCH A DROPPING KNIFE, BUT there are some great stocks out there with low low prices all out of fear so I don't mind getting a few small cuts here and there right now. Just be careful and ONLY invest money you can afford to live without.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
So when do you think the market comes back?

I think nothing happens until next election

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
I hate to say it but we have more losses to go, no reversal in sight YET but it will come and when it does make sure you are ready to buy some choice stocks or buy bits here and there as the market is correcting. I was taught long time ago NOT TO TRY TO CATCH A DROPPING KNIFE, BUT there are some great stocks out there with low low prices all out of fear so I don't mind getting a few small cuts here and there right now. Just be careful and ONLY invest money you can afford to live without.
It’s wholesale slaughter on the market probably for months to come.

You can’t have a senile old pervert and BJ McKneepads in the white house without the world going to fuck.

To quote our first 1/2 black president: “elections have consequences“

PaPaG

Reaction score
I think it will overcorrect and swing back some in a month or two but we need a competent administration before the market is strong again.
I am thinking 4-12 months but would gladly accept a month or two :)

nameisbond

Reaction score
March 2020 HUV went from $6 to $160. That's why I'm buying it again everyday.

Boat 405

Reaction score
So when do you think the market comes back?

I think nothing happens until next election
Nothing good until we see an outcome in november midterms. If they rig it again and keep power. It will continue until we look like Venezuela. If we gain control then the damage control will begin. It's gonna be a long 6 months to wait til then. I saw the writing on the wall dumped all my apple at 178 and microsoft at 330. Mentioned buying oil stocks like Exxon, and Chevron. Natural gas like RIO is paying like 14% dividends right now. What do people need right now? Oil and gas. What do people not need more of computers and gadgets.

Tech is gonna get hammered further.

Nobody gives a fuck about a new tech gadget (phone or computer) when you can't afford to buy fuel for your car to get to work or baby formula for your kid.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
“There are huge events, geopolitical events going on around the world, that are going to play a very important role in the economy in the next year or so,” Mr. Powell said on Thursday.

“So the question whether we can execute a soft landing or not, it may actually depend on factors that we don’t control.”

Mrs. Powell is trying to play you as a fool today "geopolitical events"

Ohhhhhh okay Mrs. Powell, it has nothing to do with your organization's endless printing and 12 years of basically zero rates....................... 😆

dezmbek-1cb14d23-665c-4f35-b737-dd24332542c3.gif

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
You know what sucks is how this is going to affect so many peoples retirement plans. I have to think a lot of 401K and retirement accounts have lost half of their value over these past 3-4 months. Lots of people are going to have to delay their retirement or come out of retirement. I feel sorry for those people.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
You know what sucks is how this is going to affect so many peoples retirement plans. I have to think a lot of 401K and retirement accounts have lost half of their value over these past 3-4 months. Lots of people are going to have to delay their retirement or come out of retirement. I feel sorry for those people.

So we can expect to see blue haired fire fighters and LEO or are we just talking the serfs in the private sector?

They did say we're in for a bad fire season and crime is rising!!!!! 😝

Plankton Scheme.png

EmpirE231

Reaction score

All these people were pumped on their "gains and returns" over the last few years...... the writing has been on the wall for a while. If it is going to impact your retirement or lifestyle that much, you shouldn't have been risking it!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I’m just going to live in a van down by the river, as soon as I can collect enough aluminum cans to buy some gas to move it. 🤪

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Nothing good until we see an outcome in november midterms. If they rig it again and keep power. It will continue until we look like Venezuela. If we gain control then the damage control will begin. It's gonna be a long 6 months to wait til then. I saw the writing on the wall dumped all my apple at 178 and microsoft at 330. Mentioned buying oil stocks like Exxon, and Chevron. Natural gas like RIO is paying like 14% dividends right now. What do people need right now? Oil and gas. What do people not need more of computers and gadgets.

Tech is gonna get hammered further.

Nobody gives a fuck about a new tech gadget (phone or computer) when you can't afford to buy fuel for your car to get to work or baby formula for your kid.

Those electric pickup‘s can save a contractor $1600 a month in fuel cost, and can be applied to a new truck payment.
In two years, supply will be back to “normal“, and everything will have doubled, since pre covid prices.

I’m looking at call options out in 2024, and they seen to indicate a 20% upside in stock price buy January 2024.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Those electric pickup‘s can save a contractor $1600 a month in fuel cost, and can be applied to a new truck payment.
In two years, supply will be back to “normal“, and everything will have doubled, since pre covid prices.

I’m looking at call options out in 2024, and they seen to indicate a 20% upside in stock price buy January 2024.
Must be based on a Republican in the White House and a Republican controlled House and Senate….

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I would think a person in retirement would have a least a year or more sitting in liquid or cash accounts (I’m sure few do). Someone 5 or so years out I could see getting caught flat footed trying to milk out the max gains.

Hard to predict the future from here, but in 2008 I lost 50% of my 401k. However, I never moved any money around, kept investing, and by end of 2009, I had gained it all back and then some.

People they need financial assistance, should definitely use the personal advisors available at all the big 401k administrators. I’m not a heartless prick, so I do feel for people who’s retirement plans are derailed or delayed. Would seriously suck!

Last edited:

cofooter

Reaction score
I would think a person in retirement would have a least a year or more sitting in liquid or cash accounts (I’m sure few do). Someone 5 or so years out I could see getting caught flat footed trying to milk out the max gains.

Hard to predict the future from here, but in 2008 I lost 50% of my 401k. However, I never moved any money around, kept investing, and by end of 2009, I had gained it all back and then some.

People they need financial assistance, should definitely use the personal advisors available at all the big 401k administrators. I’m not a heartless prick, so I do feel for people who’s retirement plans are derailed or delayed. Would seriously suck!
I'm 5 yrs out and have a target 2027 fund, lots of bonds, not gonna make me rich, but not going to kill me, lost 10% so far.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Pretty close to calling it quits, I have quite a few buds that have retired last 3-4 years and that all been living pretty solid with the market the way it has been, can't say someone getting ready now is all warm and fuzzy with the way things are, I would of liked it to fall apart a few years ago. Not too worried about a 2-3 year digger but a less than stellar market over the next 10 would be rough. A guy that starts his retirement with market up 2 years of 20% plus versus a guy that starts it with 2 years of 20% minus futures will look quite a but different, hard to plan for that.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I'm 5 yrs out and have a target 2027 fund, lots of bonds, not gonna make me rich, but not going to kill me, lost 10% so far.
I moved my 401k to something similar in November from aggressive funds…fucking down 13.99% this year.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
I’m heavy in Apple. Was over $180/share. Having lots of mixed feelings. Want to ride it out but it could keep going…

If it gets back to 120’s I’m gonna get a bunch and lower my cost average.
Apple’s not going anywhere. I’m already paying $1000 a phone, and I’m sure $1200 will be my next. I don’t see any new technology, that’s going to make their products obsolete. Dollar cost average until the next model comes out. 👍

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
My son who is 20 has a lot in bitcoin he’s a firm believer it’s gonna hit 100k. I hive him shit at times buts he is firm for long term.

I just hope he don’t lose his ass off but then again he may learn a thing or two as well.
I have a friend, an otherwise very intelligent friend. I mean the guy is Asian smart in most things but he took a cash advance 3 days ago to buy TSLA because “it was on sale”. I’m a buyer at $200–$400 again..

hallett21

Reaction score
Was that the bottom? Or are we on a double fake out?

Last edited: