Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
😊
20220513_140326.jpg

I even like the other sticker😎

badgas

Reaction score
When I had a Prius as a commuter, I had an NRA sticker on it. Surprisingly, there are a good number of conservatives who drive a Prius just because they are inexpensive and reliable.
I have owned two of them. oil change every 10K brakes every 85K-100K 50+ MPG all day long they are great cars.

My biggest complaint is that EVERY car wants to cut you off and can never get behind you even if you are going 90 mph.

Prius owners will back that up. My brother was so over the Prius hate he bought a lifted 4x4 F250 crew cab long bed as his commuter and drove it for years. It was not an extra car and he had no boat or trailer or any need to ever tow he was just done being effed with on fwy every day.

rickym20

Reaction score
Typically driving the local freeway around 4:00 am . Usually like minded drivers all going above 80 at that time. One morning I couldn’t help but smile when a Prius passed my ass up when I was going 85 lol. Made my morning, must have been one of you guys here. 😁

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
I have owned two of them. oil change every 10K brakes every 85K-100K 50+ MPG all day long they are great cars.

My biggest complaint is that EVERY car wants to cut you off and can never get behind you even if you are going 90 mph.

Prius owners will back that up. My brother was so over the Prius hate he bought a lifted 4x4 F250 crew cab long bed as his commuter and drove it for years. It was not an extra car and he had no boat or trailer or any need to ever tow he was just done being effed with on fwy every day.
Found this to be true when I drove my Prius for a couple of years, but I loved that car and the gas mileage that came with it. It was also surprisingly roomy (compared to my previous Mazda 3).

That being said most Prius drivers earn their idiot title every day on the fwy.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Seeing numbers of 50mpg? Not me, but I drive the Prius of Shame (POS) like I would anything else. Best I've had is 44 around town here, and 40 to the river. More than 3 fold better than my other cars. It's ugly, too low to the ground for me as well, but it's cheap.
I haven't owned a four cylinder car since 97, and this is my first front wheel drive car since 94...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Seeing numbers of 50mpg? Not me, but I drive the Prius of Shame (POS) like I would anything else. Best I've had is 44 around town here, and 40 to the river. More than 3 fold better than my other cars. It's ugly, too low to the ground for me as well, but it's cheap.
I haven't owned a four cylinder car since 97, and this is my first front wheel drive car since 94...

What the hell did you have in 94??

badgas

Reaction score
My 07 got like 40-45 driving as fast as wanted. My 2013 got (next Gen) got 48-54 usually 52 becasue I was on the hwy a lot.

I did notice that when I used arco gas it would drop 10%

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Yep

And a lot of them have been replaced with Tesla Model 3's

I said "a lot " not all before everyone gets all agitated.

You gotta have thick skin to drive a Tesla. There isn't a day that goes by that someone wants to talk to me about Gas vs Electric and why Tesla's are dumb. It's non-stop, even in CA. "50 grand buys a lot of gas" or "how long does it take to charge" lol. I think that's why you see some of the bumper stickers, people don't want to be profiled at a Liberal.

badgas

Reaction score
You gotta have thick skin to drive a Tesla. There isn't a day that goes by that someone wants to talk to me about Gas vs Electric and why Tesla's are dumb. It's non-stop, even in CA. "50 grand buys a lot of gas" or "how long does it take to charge" lol. I think that's why you see some of the bumper stickers, people don't want to be profiled at a Liberal.
I Personally think Teslas are cool, I would own one if I had the $$ and the need to drive more. In Cypress whre I live we have a LOT of women driving model 3's and they drive SO slow all the time it drives me crazy. They are usually wearing masks alone in the car , another awesome idea. Are they trying to save battery life ?

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
They are usually wearing masks alone in the car , another awesome idea. Are they trying to save battery life ?

I have no idea why people do the things they do. I see people wearing masks driving all kinds of cars. As far as driving slow, yeah higher speeds kill range for sure, but driving around the city shouldn't be a reason to drive slow and impede the flow of traffic. Also, auto pilot and full self driving modes can simulate bad (or slow) driving since the car is much slower to react in changes of speeds.

It would be interesting to see how many Prius drivers eventually buy a Tesla. I don't think it's as high as people think, they are pretty different. A Prius Hybrid is no doubt a more practical car to drive but I can guarantee that a Tesla is more fun to drive.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'd love to have a Tesla. Aside from the cost, I'd feel really bad treating a Tesla like I do my shitbox...Tesla's are nice cars.