WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Havasu Riviera up date

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
I really don’t get why everyone goes to the 76 Campbell cove next to Barrett. That shit is spendy!! I guess because it’s easy in and out and on the way to Windsor ramp. I straight finagled the cigarette into hearbst a few weekend ago with some gasoline and a shoe horn 😂😂👍
Gotta be selective with long stuff. The exit turn at Parker oil is a challenge if anyone is at the pump against the fence. I’ve had to back out once and sit there waiting once.

Tank

Reaction score
Gotta be selective with long stuff. The exit turn at Parker oil is a challenge if anyone is at the pump against the fence. I’ve had to back out once and sit there waiting once.
Oh I get it. We’re about 60’ long total.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Wife and I checked it out last trip.

I may be crazy, but fail to see the attraction? The scenery sucks, except the lake view. The prices are astronomically high. 200k-2 mil for a rock pile.

The homes are not even on the water. It makes no sense to me.

I’m a person who can normally see the value in stuff. The Islander has everything I need and never see myself as a full time Havasu resident anyway.
The attraction to me is I will have my boat sitting on a hydro hoist in a covered dock, a 1 minute golf cart ride away from my house. There really isn't another place in Havasu that offers that option. Another major attraction to me is the fact all of the homes will be built to a higher/consistent architectural standard than anywhere else in Havasu. I have a 270° view from my main living level, from the London bridge to Copper canyon.

I was lucky/diligent in the fact that I bought the lot that I wanted the day before sales opened to the public at half the price or more then lots are going for today. If I was considering buying a lot at today's prices, I don't think I would buy. Eventually when my neighborhood (Marina View) is built out, I believe it will be a great gated community with people that are wanting to enjoy life.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
The attraction to me is I will have my boat sitting on a hydro hoist in a covered dock, a 1 minute golf cart ride away from my house. There really isn't another place in Havasu that offers that option. Another major attraction to me is the fact all of the homes will be built to a higher/consistent standard than anywhere else in Havasu. I have a 270° view from my main living level, from the London bridge to Copper canyon.

I was lucky/diligent in the fact that I bought the lot that I wanted the day before sales opened to the public at half the price or more then lots are going for today. If I was considering buying a lot at today's prices, I don't think I would buy. Eventually when my neighborhood (Marina View) is built out, I believe it will be a great gated community with people that are wanting to enjoy life.
I didn’t know they were doing covered docks and allowing hoists! It’s that right?! Fuckin game changer right there. That waiting list will be years and years long.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
The attraction to me is I will have my boat sitting on a hydro hoist in a covered dock, a 1 minute golf cart ride away from my house. There really isn't another place in Havasu that offers that option. Another major attraction to me is the fact all of the homes will be built to a higher/consistent standard than anywhere else in Havasu. I have a 270° view from my main living level, from the London bridge to Copper canyon.

I get it. If it were my primary residence I could see spending at that level.

But it never would be. I have my Peoria home and a log home in Munds Park (Flagstaff) we enjoy getting outta the heat.

Glad it will be your dream set-up.

I just can’t see the current prices on dirt.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I didn’t know they were doing covered docks and allowing hoists! It’s that right?! Fuckin game changer right there. That waiting list will be years and years long.
Have you ever stayed at the Islander? It’s pretty darn convenient. Private launch, step off slip into boat.

But it is an RV park. But a nice one.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I will end up with my boat in the dock at least 9 months out of the year. I can't wait for this to finally happen. It will totally change how we boat and will be a lot more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
Have you ever stayed at the Islander? It’s pretty darn convenient. Private launch, step off slip into boat.

But it is an RV park. But a nice one.
Never stayed but been in there many times. It’s a dialed set up. The only thing I don’t like is when the town gets busy you are trapped. One way in and one way off the island.

Tank

Reaction score
I will end up with my boat in the dock at least 9 months out of the year. I'm can't wait for this to finally happen. It will totally change how we boat and will be a lot more enjoyable.
You have updated pics of the build?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Wife and I checked it out last trip.

I may be crazy, but fail to see the attraction? The scenery sucks, except the lake view. The prices are astronomically high. 200k-2 mil for a rock pile.

The homes are not even on the water. It makes no sense to me.

I’m a person who can normally see the value in stuff. The Islander has everything I need and never see myself as a full time Havasu resident anyway.
Plus you'll be surrounded by construction for many years to come.

Singleton

Reaction score
Never stayed but been in there many times. It’s a dialed set up. The only thing I don’t like is when the town gets busy you are trapped. One way in and one way off the island.

That is the only issue.
I usually have my program setup once across the bridge, I don’t cross it again until I am leaving Havasu. Works for our 4-5 day long trips

Tank

Reaction score
That actually doesn’t bother me much. Fuckin construction here on the beach is non stop. One neighbor gets done. Next one starts. All year long. Sea air destroys everything so, construction is always going on.

Tank

Reaction score
That is the only issue.
I usually have my program setup once across the bridge, I don’t cross it again until I am leaving Havasu. Works for our 4-5 day long trips
I like getting up in the morning and going to the bean to grab a cup. Swing by Barrett bring them coffee. Go to the store swing by friends houses or whatever. I like to get out and about in the mornings.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I get it. If it were my primary residence I could see spending at that level.

But it never would be. I have my Peoria home and a log home in Munds Park (Flagstaff) we enjoy getting outta the heat.

Glad it will be your dream set-up.

I just can’t see the current prices on dirt.
I agree with you, but I'm only spending about 20% more to build in the Riviera than what it would cost me in the foothills. After all is said and done, my monthly nut will be less than a waterfront spot at the Islander. My wife and I are planning to be full-time Arizona residents in the future, but will end up with a small house in Williams or Flagstaff to get a break from the heat in Havasu.

Tank

Reaction score
I agree with you, but I'm only spending about 20% more to build in the Riviera than what it would cost me in the foothills. After all is said and done, my monthly nut will be less than a waterfront spot at the Islander. My wife and I are planning to be full-time Arizona residents in the future, but will end up with a small house in Williams or Flagstaff to get a break from the heat in Havasu.
Dialed!! You guys did it right.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
That is true for neighborhoods 2-8. Marina View is the 1st neighborhood and the only one north of the wash that split's the development. There will be roughly 68 house's built in Marina View and there are 15 under construction now. I envision my neighborhood being 90% built out in the next 3 year's.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Like singleton says. We never leave the Island, unless I need fuel.

Plenty or Restaurants there at the bridge besides we normally eat at the Boathouse if we eat out.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That actually doesn’t bother me much. Fuckin construction here on the beach is non stop. One neighbor gets done. Next one starts. All year long. Sea air destroys everything so, construction is always going on.
No joke. That's something most non-near ocean folks don't realize. So many beautiful homes along our shores have been redone multiple times(JrSeau's former beachhouse currently being done).
My car dealership was 3 blocks from the beach, we washed our entire inventory 2 to 3 times a week.

Tank

Reaction score
No joke. That's something most non-near ocean folks don't realize. So many beautiful homes along our shores have been redone multiple times(JrSeau's former beachhouse currently being done).
My car dealership was 3 blocks from the beach, we washed our entire inventory 2 to 3 times a week.
It’s a different world living on the beach. Shit gets destroyed. I wash both our cars 2-3 times a week easy. Have memberships to the car wash. They losing money on me.

It destroys wood, glass, metal, etc. EVERYONE is constantly upgrading, repairing, replacing. I’ve lived on the beach my whole life. Construction noise is a part of life on a beach. My wife still isn’t used to it. She gets frustrated. Im
Like, that’s part of living here, it never ends. She just commented last week on a house that was torn down to the studs, which we see all the time - “I never saw that growing up” (she grew up in Claremont).

But then again the nights are dead silent except the waves when the swells up. It’s like I always say about basically everything in life

You gotta give some to get some.

Everything is a give / take.

Tank

Reaction score
Well, looks like the higher prices didn’t deter people from using the riviera ramp. Shit looks PACKED.
A1F54A08-2959-41DD-814C-8186B52E0202.png

Tank

Reaction score
Looks like the marina put some docks in next to the ramp. Moving along. Wonder when the store and restaurant will be open?

1660144820491.png

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
I read the gas opened this week.

JFMFG

Reaction score
We launched there a few weeks ago. Nice ramp docks were in but roped off.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Got an email on this as well.

We are excited to announce that the Havasu Riviera Marina's fuel dock is NOW OPEN! We are currently selling 87 Regular and 91 Non-Ethanol fuels both on the water and on land in our parking lot. Until the Marina Store opens later this month, fuel sales will be by credit card only at the pump.

The Havasu Riviera Marina's fuel dock features 4 double sided fuel dispensers with convenient access from the lake and the marina store. Additionally, fuel is available on land through the double sided dispenser on the east end of the parking lot. Both locations currently have 87 Regular and 91 Non-Ethanol fuels. In the near future we will also carry a 100 Octane Racing Fuel.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Riviera update.

There are 20 home's under construction in phase 1 Marina View and three of them are close to being finished.

There are 5 home's under construction in phase 2 Wren cove and one of them has finished framing.

Phase 5 Flat Iron recently opened up for sales and are the most affordable lots in the development.

The front entry complex is finished and has a guard at the gate house 24/7

The marina is open, as well as the fuel docks and marina store. About 1/3 of the docks are in and management says they will be complete by the middle of next year.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Not sure what the impact might be, but just read in the News Herald that developer Jim Komick died in Ca. last Friday. Unexpected, but no cause given.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Not sure what the impact might be, but just read in the News Herald that developer Jim Komick died in Ca. last Friday. Unexpected, but no cause given.
“In Jim’s words, ‘Riviera is a community never to be replicated again in the desert southwest and something that will truly stand the test of time,’” the statement said. “The impact and legacy Jim has created will live on forever with his family, friends and with the communities he has developed.”
The company said it is committed to completing Komick’s vision for Havasu Riviera and the associated marina.
“Jim was a true visionary in the real estate and development industry and helped change the face of Lake Havasu City forever,” the statement said.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Damn, he/his family was the owner of the park we’re at as well. 😢 Always treated us well.

RIP

gmnhra

Reaction score
I thought it was "Ken" Komick that was the primary Riviera guy...Same guy or relative???