WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Classic Performance Boat Regatta 2022

Full Pull

Reaction score
IMG_7552.JPG

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
thats why I rarely leave my boat unattended. I'm always coming back to find these ladies sprawling across my bow fighting for the good IG photo. Its always such a pain to calm them down and restore some order.
It’s a tough job but someone has to do it. I got leftovers anyway. My buddy Steve had them first🤣
D80263A5-343D-4483-B6A4-A2E67B9B8D8B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleek Chode

Reaction score
thats why I rarely leave my boat unattended. I'm always coming back to find these ladies sprawling across my bow fighting for the good IG photo. Its always such a pain to calm them down and restore some order.
Not to mention unless you brought some good cleaner, you have to explain to your wife how a pack of wild snails jumped in front of you on the river and coated your boat in snail trails.😀👌 True story…..

sintax

Reaction score
Not to mention unless you brought some good cleaner, you have to explain to your wife how a pack of wild snails jumped in front of you on the river and coated your boat in snail trails.😀👌 True story…..

Thats ok, i'm fair well versed at coming up with wild explanations for why I smell like Bath and Body works Sweet Pea, and covered in glitter. You wont believe the shit you run into on the way home from the office some fridays!

sintax

Reaction score
so many killer cruisers out there. Super bummed i couldnt make it this year.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Do most these boats launch at Pirates/river or did they come up from Havasu?

timstoy

Reaction score
I’d love to feature priceless ..
When Danny Bell said he was going to race Priceless in GN I told him he was crazy, the boat is a show piece! You should do a feature on Danny himself. He is a wealth of boat knowledge, a master woodworker and the nicest man you will ever meet.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Do most these boats launch at Pirates/river or did they come up from Havasu?

I was staying just north of Needles and trailered down to launch on Friday and Saturday at Pirate's. That said, I'm not afraid of a long run in the Mandella, it certainly holds enough fuel. On Friday my buddy and I left Pirates and boated all the way up past needles bridge and back to Pirates.

Mototrig

Reaction score
We came down from River front cafe above needles bridge around 8:45. At the same time 3 really clean CP jets left the house across the way. It was a really nice calm 20ish minute ride.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I’m sure it was a mix of running up from havasu, launching there, and running south from needles / upper river

I get beat to shit on my little boat crossing Havasu, I couldn't imagine doing it in some of these boats...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
When Danny Bell said he was going to race Priceless in GN I told him he was crazy, the boat is a show piece! You should do a feature on Danny himself. He is a wealth of boat knowledge, a master woodworker and the nicest man you will ever meet.

Would love to.. I don’t know him personally.

timstoy

Reaction score
Would love to.. I don’t know him personally.
Danny moved to Havasu and has a shop also. I don’t have his new address but lm sure somebody on here can get you in touch with Danny.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
What a great event! I am such a looser, have been wanting to attend one of these for so long and I was actually at Pirates the weekend prior, we finally had a successful trip with my Spectra to the Colorado River. I had totally forgot about this event, I hope you guys run this again next year, I'll drag my Spectra and maybe my Sanger as well and I think I can get a 65' Hallett another Spectra 20 V-drive and maybe Pops Wood Decker.

On another note, does anyone know the gent below in the 19' Challenger? This boat belonged to my buddy Bob Fitzpatrick, he sold the Challenger to buy his Spectra. That Challenge was an awesome boat, I believe Bob bought this new and it was a Jet with a 460 Ford. Bob met my cousin and then started going water skiing with my family at the Kings river, we all had flat bottoms and we gave him so much crap about the jet unit that he converted to a V-drive at B&K boats (Uncle Kenny 🥲) Had the 460 built by Mr. Mitch Abadacka (sp?) who owns Deering Industries now and I believe he was at Reath at that time. We spent a lot of time in and behind this boat on Kings River and at Big Bend every October. Would love to see more pics if possible, the boat was not blown and had thru the transom Gleenwood exhausts, looks like he is still running Ford power.

img_7595-jpg.1118420

Last edited:

fitz spectra 20

Reaction score
Yes, it was a jet and I converted to a V-Drive and did some work on the bottom widen lap starks and dropped the chine 1/2 in. added a velvet drive strains and a Cassell gear box with set of 22 glad to see it still in great shape!