WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2022 Lower River Run

riverman140

Lower River Outboards
Reaction score
4th Annual Lower River Outboards Lower River Run. Say that 5 times fast..

For those new, this is about a 136 mile round trip from Blythe CA, to Lake Martinez. There are 2 fuel stops along the way (Walters Camp & Fishers Landing), killer boats as far as your eye can see. There will be a photographer, charity raffle with some cool prizes, and after party/free bbq. All proceeds from event shirts, donations, and raffle tickets benefit this years charity the American Alzheimers Association to further research and care.

Details -

Event Date: June 11th, 2022
Where: McIntyre Park, Blythe CA
Address: 8750 Peter D Mclntyre Ave, Blythe CA 92225
Times:
Shirt’s, Hats, Koozies and raffle tickets on sale 6:30AM (sold pre and post run)
Drivers meeting at 8:00AM all boats to line up in the beach in Marina area next to launch ramp
8:45AM exit Marina and start floating down river
9:00AM start, Single file down the river behind Chad Fries and the Easter egg.

First stop Walters Camp, anchor at the beach across from the entrance, group photo, beer break, gas for those who need it. When the last boat comes out of Walters, we will continue heading down.

Second Stop, 4S sandbar. Will meet up with boats coming from down river, group photo, and hang. Seems every year the group breaks here, so, there will be a smaller group that will go all the way to Fishers Landing, and 1/2 the group will hang at 4S and had back up river later in the day.

The dinner will be Dave’s griddle who is cookin up some killer Tacos for everyone, this will start at 7:00PM please bring your own beer/cocktails.

The dinner will be located at the LROB banners behind the store in the grass camping area.

There will be one final call for last minute raffle tickets. Raffle will begin at 8:00PM. Jason with BJ’s Performance will be on the loud speaker with announcements. You must be present to claim your prize if won, if not present we will choose another person.

This is a great event, always light hearted and fun and for a great cause! I encourage everyone to come outboard or not, all boats are welcome. If you have any questions please reach out.

Special Thank you to the following dedicated sponsors;
-River Dave’s Place
-Wide Open Throttle Marine
-Detail Specialties
-River Patriots
-Maxed Out Marine
-Fiber Composits
-Tahiti Offshore
-Martinez Marine Interiors
-Straight Edge Custom Paint
-Nauti Shine
-Perfection Boat Covers
-Bobs Machine Shop
-River Patriots
-BJ’s Performance
-Absolute Detailing
-Blythe Bro’s

Thanks,
Chase

BF27A7EF-F393-45C1-A180-A0841B01D2CF.jpeg
9222D54F-3435-4582-B88F-7A9B41BD5267.jpeg
FA79E725-E8F9-4DD1-923A-56E1B890FECE.jpeg

Last edited:

Riley1

Reaction score
We have looked forward to this run for the last 3 years. Love going down to the lower river. It’s how the river used to be / how it’s supposed to be! We are staying up at “the Cove” again this year as it seems McIntyre is mostly full time river pads without open RV spots (at least we couldn’t find them.

Any kids shirt sizes by chance?

Last edited:

Joker

Reaction score
I’d love to do this. I wish we still had our place there

Duramax

Reaction score
Cannot wait for this. Such a perfect event and great people.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I have a place on the Lower River. I’m wondering if there is a crew meeting up at Martinez and heading up river in the AM to meet everyone at Walters Camp for the run down.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I tried to get a campsite at the suggested location and they didn’t have any available..

Someone suggested another campsite at another place but I can’t remember which one it was now? How far away is it?

RD

fmo24

Reaction score
I tried to get a campsite at the suggested location and they didn’t have any available..

Someone suggested another campsite at another place but I can’t remember which one it was now? How far away is it?

RD
The Cove. Used to be Riviera. About two miles up river. You can see park from I 10

Riley1

Reaction score

RD
The Cove. Used to be Riviera. About two miles up river. You can see park from I 10
The Cove is where we will be in our RV. We launch there and meet the group down at McIntyre.

81Sprint

Reaction score
I've stayed at Arizona Oasis and it was a decent RV park. Check out Campendium.com it shows all of the RV parks in the area with reviews.

Baker343

Reaction score
We just bought a piece of property between Mayflower state park and Hidden beaches resort.
We will be leaving from there if anyone wants to run with us to McIntyre.
Mayflower has hook-ups and day use and probably has spots for that off weekend.

Not going to miss this run again and will run it in my Baker. Should be a blast
Probably have several boats running from our place

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
We just bought a piece of property between Mayflower state park and Hidden beaches resort.

You might enjoy this video of the area.

Baker343

Reaction score
You might enjoy this video of the area.

That was cool. We had a place up on the reservation since 88 and knew that stretch of the river pretty well.
Now we got to learn a new stretch but dig it so far

Jay Dub

Reaction score

For those new, this is about a 136 mile round trip from Blythe CA, to Lake Martinez. There are 2 fuel stops along the way (Walters Camp & Fishers Landing), killer boats as far as your eye can see. There will be a photographer, charity raffle with some cool prizes, and after party/free bbq. All proceeds from event shirts, donations, and raffle tickets benefit this years charity the American Alzheimers Association to further research and care.

Details -

Times:
Shirt’s, Hats, Koozies and raffle tickets on sale 6:30AM (sold pre and post run)
Drivers meeting at 8:00AM all boats to line up in the beach in Marina area next to launch ramp

First stop Walters Camp, anchor at the beach across from the entrance, group photo, beer break, gas for those who need it. When the last boat comes out of Walters, we will continue heading down.

Second Stop, 4S sandbar. Will meet up with boats coming from down river, group photo, and hang. Seems every year the group breaks here, so, there will be a smaller group that will go all the way to Fishers Landing, and 1/2 the group will hang at 4S and had back up river later in the day.

The dinner will be Dave’s griddle who is cookin up some killer Tacos for everyone, this will start at 7:00PM please bring your own beer/cocktails.

The dinner will be located at the LROB banners behind the store in the grass camping area.

There will be one final call for last minute raffle tickets. Raffle will begin at 8:00PM. Jason with BJ’s Performance will be on the loud speaker with announcements. You must be present to claim your prize if won, if not present we will choose another person.

This is a great event, always light hearted and fun and for a great cause! I encourage everyone to come outboard or not, all boats are welcome. If you have any questions please reach out.

-River Dave’s Place
-Detail Specialties
-River Patriots
-Maxed Out Marine
-Fiber Composits
-Tahiti Offshore
-Nauti Shine
-Perfection Boat Covers
-Bobs Machine Shop
-River Patriots
-BJ’s Performance
-Absolute Detailing
-Blythe Bro’s

Thanks,
Chase

View attachment 1116628 View attachment 1116629 View attachment 1116630
could a Hallett 210 w/sterndrive make this trip?

HBCraig

Reaction score

Details -

Times:

-River Dave’s Place
-Detail Specialties
-River Patriots
-Maxed Out Marine
-Fiber Composits
-Tahiti Offshore
-Nauti Shine
-Perfection Boat Covers
-Bobs Machine Shop
-River Patriots
-BJ’s Performance
-Absolute Detailing
-Blythe Bro’s

Thanks,
Chase

View attachment 1116628 View attachment 1116629 View attachment 1116630
Are the majority of boats jets? Are there many prop boat? Just curious

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I’ll be there with Hooters.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

I might have to take you up on that....

MARCYTECH

Reaction score
ill be there! a few of us usually stay at the hampton inn right off i 10 and intake. its about 5 miles to the park from there.

Riverryder

Reaction score
who else wants to test water reading skills with me and bring there i/o? ill just throw my stupid 4blade on.

Riley1

Reaction score
how are you with the route now ill just follow you!
thought i read you or another member lost the group?
Going down is super easy. Fallow the leader in a single file line.

Coming back is trickier, only because the group kinda splits. Water gets too big for my little 18’er near Martinez, so I head back north after the second stop. So no one to fallow. But not so bad either.

Last year the water was so high that you could’ve driven a cabin cruiser down and back.

Joker

Reaction score
I looked at McIntyre but had no idea they scraped all the spots out back for solar. My buddy there said there’s only maybe 5 or 6 for daily.

Riley1

Reaction score
I looked at McIntyre but had no idea they scraped all the spots out back for solar. My buddy there said there’s only maybe 5 or 6 for daily.

That’s why we’ve been at the cove the last 2 years.

Last edited:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This is one of the best events of the year. When I sold my Outboard I only cried because I knew we wouldn't be attending this year. This is the best part of the river and the group is freaking awesome.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
It was maybe before your time, but MilkMoney ran it 4 years ago or so in a Schiada 21rc outdrive.

If he can do it..

🤣
Yup, I was with him and water was wayyyyy lower than it was last year. If the water level is like 2021 then a DCB can make the run.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I remember year one and two, glad it’s gotten so big. Bummed I’m gonna miss this one, still too much going on at our new home to allow enough time for the 3400 mile round trip, for sure next year, we will work into a month long trip or so.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is one of the best events of the year. When I sold my Outboard I only cried because I knew we wouldn't be attending this year. This is the best part of the river and the group is freaking awesome.

Why can’t you attend with the new boat? I’m taking my toon..