WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Skater 368, from the beginning.

Singleton

Reaction score
Thank you. Just rolled in.

Almost stopped to tow flat couple times. Wind got a little western around Wendon. A little rodeo action in the cab. 😁
Get to clean it again :)
See you Friday night or Saturday. Not sure when we roll into town Friday

Singleton

Reaction score
That's cool.

I hope you can put it behind you.

Beautiful boat.
If the boat runs all week without a fuel issue Steve will be happy.
If a fuel issue pops again, @nganga will be driving to Teague for new power or selling.

I am hoping his family gets a trouble free week of boating!

Reactions: DWC

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’ve been wanting to drive up there. But I’d like to follow someone through the entrance. I’m sure I can find someone
We’ll be out quite a bit this week, I’d run down and meet at the mouth to show you the line if you’re serious

Riverryder

Reaction score
Serious as a heart attack brother
If I was running the boat this week I would show you the way! Mine will be on holiday until fathersay I think. We just bought the lady a Harley that she loves so we might be ruding Harley’s for a few weekends.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
So, is it fixed?!?
I was wondering the same thing. Usually no news is good news? Hope it is rockin and rolling for him and he is grinning ear to ear driving it.
All I can say is so far so good. It’s done exactly as it should. Pressures throughout the RPM range, flow and GPH are all right where they should be.

Family had been in the boat 100% of the time so far so I’ve only run it 85 or so.

Water yesterday was perfect, light wind chop to break it up. Wind howled all day today and never went out. Went into town and shopped for food.

Gonna try for a guide through the mouth tomorrow or Friday.

Alls good. 👍

Sorry no pictures

I’ll go make some hard passes to check it out for real.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Any long periods of idling? That’s what caused the issues before, correct?

Riverryder

Reaction score
I’m free Saturday I’ll drive down to show you the way if no one will. Just to see the boat in person. It’s really easy. Sit back and watch the boats. You can see the way. If you go out tomorrow just go to the mouth and sit there and look. Doesn’t thos fancy screens show you the way??

Last edited:

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
I’m free Saturday I’ll drive down to show you the way if no one will. Just to see the boat in person. It’s really easy. Sit back and watch the boats. You can see the way. If you go out tomorrow just go to the mouth and sit there and look. Doesn’t this fancy screens show you the way??
Once I have a track,yes.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I certainly hope its fixed for good.

Maybe it just needs a good flogging here at LOTO. You could seriously hurt many feelings, no V hulls or outboards would be safe.....

JFMFG

Reaction score
All I can say is so far so good. It’s done exactly as it should. Pressures throughout the RPM range, flow and GPH are all right where they should be.

Family had been in the boat 100% of the time so far so I’ve only run it 85 or so.

Water yesterday was perfect, light wind chop to break it up. Wind howled all day today and never went out. Went into town and shopped for food.

Alls good. 👍

Sorry no pictures

I’ll go make some hard passes to check it out for real.
Man if my office girl didn’t quit on me a few weeks ago I’d be driving out to show you the way. I’m still putting hours on our new motor also. Happy to hear all is good.

Riverryder

Reaction score
If no one shows you the way tomorrow or Friday. I will show you the way. I will watch the thread. We can even just go up and back a couple times in my boat. Until you are comforable to take yours and you can follow me.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
If no one shows you the way tomorrow or Friday. I will show you the way. I will watch the thread. We can even just go up and back a couple times in my boat. Until you are comforable to take yours and you can follow me.
I’m totally comfortable just following to get the safe line, then I’m Golden 👍

Riverryder

Reaction score
I’m totally comfortable just following to get the safe line, then I’m Golden 👍
@SJP you in havasu?
@Bullhead bully
@TVMNick

Only reason I said my boat is because it’s not anywhere near the caliber of yours. But don’t think your draft is deeper then mine I’m willing to show you the way. My kids go to mom tomorrow so I’m wide open this weekend

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
@SJP you in havasu?
@Bullhead bully
@TVMNick

Only reason I said my boat is because it’s not anywhere near the caliber of yours. But don’t think your draft is deeper then mine I’m willing to show you the way. My kids go to mom tomorrow so I’m wide open this weekend
Those fast guys don’t want to run with me. I’m only driving 65-70, max 80 with the family

Roosky01

Reaction score
Fingers crossed that you have finally slayed this dragon! Do you think you are going to get any type of response/action out of Mercury now since it doesnt seem that "contamination" was ever the case or are they dead to you? You have done an excellent job with this thread and I'm sure others that have been having the same problem have been either following or communicating directly with you? Skater seems to be a damn outstanding outfit based on your postings. Kudos to those guys!

Regardless, I'm sure we all are looking forward to trouble free posts of your kickass skiff and your escapades!

Roosky01

Reaction score
If I had to guess, I’d assume Mercury will never acknowledge his fix, as it opens the door to wrong-doing. Just my .2c.
I definitely understand that. It would appear to me that the customer base at that level is rather tight knit so you'd think Merc would do the right thing? Regardless, I wish nganga well and the calmness he has shown throughout all of this is enviable.👍

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
I definitely understand that. It would appear to me that the customer base at that level is rather tight knit so you'd think Merc would do the right thing? Regardless, I wish nganga well and the calmness he has shown throughout all of this is enviable.👍
I think when you get to mercurys level, any affirmation of an issue is multiplied by hundreds, if not thousands. You also have to think, any negative “ruling” will be used for all future issues.

It really does compound when you get that this level of manufacturing. I’m just happy our man has figured it out, and hopefully can finally enjoy one of the more beautiful boats I’ve ever seen.

Riverryder

Reaction score
does Tony dcb have these issues? Eliminator? eliminator has built 4 of the last 5 I/o with this package no?

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Polarized glasses work amazing as well. I’d the river is a 3 as of three hours or more before, just being on plane, 45-50 plus just be within 25-35’ of the island reeds
I'd always have to lift my glasses up. Made it look more shallow than it was. Freaked me out.

hallett21

Reaction score
Just launched. Still happy to show you the line but I’m pretty sure you can get a 70 Hatteras up the mouth today. Lake it way up!

JFMFG

Reaction score
Steve how did the boat run for you this week? Did you make it up river?

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Ran the boat 5 days trouble free. Put 12-13 hours on it. It started, ran perfect, all day, everyday.

Yes, @Singleton graciously allowed me to follow his family up. We got to the no wake and the giant cluster-fuck of boats had me screwed. I can’t idle, on one engine that slow.

Flipped a bitch and went down to the springs and watched a waterskiing race.

Just finished cleaning it up. 👍

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Ran the boat 5 days trouble free. Put 12-13 hours on it. It started, ran perfect, all day, everyday.

Yes, @Singleton graciously allowed me to follow his family up. We got to the no wake and the giant cluster-fuck of boats had me screwed. I can’t idle, on one engine that slow.

Heck yeah!

I’m determined to come down this fall and see this thing in the water! We spoke for quite awhile at DS last year at Street Fair. I’ll figure out a weekend this fall the fly down to PHX and get a view of this thing on the water!!!

Happy for you, this has to feel good!!!

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Heck yeah!

I’m determined to come down this fall and see this thing in the water! We spoke for quite awhile at DS last year at Street Fair. I’ll figure out a weekend this fall the fly down to PHX and get a view of this thing on the water!!!

Happy for you, this has to feel good!!!
Yea, it did. Funny, I never went over 85. Had the family with me all the time. Had the old Pure Platinum 388 Skater run with me a bit today. I really wanted to let it rip.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Yea, it did. Funny, I never went over 85. Had the family with me all the time. Had the old Pure Platinum 388 Skater run with me a bit today. I really wanted to let it rip.
The question is are you finally in love with it?

Singleton

Reaction score

Glad to hear you had a good weekend. Great catching up.
Next time, stop following me at the gorge :) once past that you are clear until the Needles bridge.
My wife loves the gorge, so we putt putt along enjoying the views.

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
Glad to hear you had a good weekend. Great catching up.
Next time, stop following me at the gorge :) once past that you are clear until the Needles bridge.
My wife loves the gorge, so we putt putt along enjoying the views.
It wasn’t you, it was the other 76 boats in front of you. 😂

I’ll be back last 4 days of June. Going to try to organize a photo shoot.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
We missed seeing you guy by about an hour. We had lunch at Topock with @DWC Other friends of their’s met up with us a bit later. We were talking about the ride up and boats on the water. They commented that there a a badass red skater that blew by them in their pontoon. Maybe at the end of the month I will be able to just see the boat on the water. 👍

Singleton

Reaction score
We missed seeing you guy by about an hour. We had lunch at Topock with @DWC Other friends of their’s met up with us a bit later. We were talking about the ride up and boats on the water. They commented that there a a badass red skater that blew by them in their pontoon. Maybe at the end of the month I will be able to just see the boat on the water. 👍
@nganga checking his text messages of the 4 areas I told him to watch
1 - mouth of river
2 - going north the right hand turn before sandbar (stay center)
3 - north of the original sandbar on CA side (stay center)
4 - sandbar as you enter gorge going north (stay center)

Boat looks even better in the water

Attachments

• 5451BE68-D9E6-4DE6-A726-8EAE0853CA11.jpeg
    5451BE68-D9E6-4DE6-A726-8EAE0853CA11.jpeg
    489.6 KB · Views: 158

MooreMoney

Reaction score
Is pure platinum now a havasu boat?

201 ET

Reaction score

Good for you man you deserve it. Glad things are good.

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
The red on this boat and that touch of blue is incredible. Can’t get enough of it.

pkbullet

Reaction score
So glad to hear you’ve had some trouble free boating. I guess the hard part will be hammering the sticks and not staring at the fuel pressure gauges.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@nganga this one kind of looks like yours? I knows it’s dark but kind of looks like it at the end?

Skinny Tire AH

Reaction score
@nganga this one kind of looks like yours? I knows it’s dark but kind of looks like it at the end?

Ya know, I believe it is me. Who else drives around that slow? :p