WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ford 7.3 Godzilla

Riverryder

Reaction score
you havent been able to find one anywhere? at this point i would have went with something else

CLdrinker

Reaction score
you havent been able to find one anywhere? at this point i would have went with something else
Oh I can find one. But 10-15k more.

I was set to order a Diesel Ram but the price increased right as I was about to give it a shot and it was 6months out as well.

Kinda pot committed at this point.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Can’t make this shit up.
055D954D-A714-4EB8-B31E-A6ECB0E220A7.jpeg

Fabhouse

Reaction score
So the dealer says my 5/20 date is good for delivery.....wait and see.
In the mean time, ordered wheels, tires, bed cover, 1.5" level kit, bed rug. Thinking positive!

CLdrinker

Reaction score
So the dealer says my 5/20 date is good for delivery.....wait and see.
In the mean time, ordered wheels, tires, bed cover, 1.5" level kit, bed rug. Thinking positive!
I’m going with 1” or 1.5” level kit as well. Maybe just 1” so I dont have to buy a dam track bar.
Im going with 295/65/20 Toyo AT3’s on the stock wheels. Then tint and bedliner.

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
dont order the lift till you know for sure it will fit in the garage! hahah
The 2022 & 2023 are an inch lower stock.

So this truck should be 2” lower than my 2017 that had a 2.5” kit

But yes I will wait until I see what I’m working with.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I’m going with 1” or 1.5” level kit as well. Maybe just 1” so I dont have to buy a dam track bar.
Im going with 295/65/20 Toyo AT3’s on the stock wheels.

I put the Toyo AT3's on my truck about 6 months ago. Been very happy with them. Previously, I had only run the MT's.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I put the Toyo AT3's on my truck about 6 months ago. Been very happy with them. Previously, I had only run the MT's.
I have Ran the Toyo MT, Toyo AT2, BFG AT, Nitto AT and Falken AT3.

Nitto and BFG suck.

The Toyo’s were all good.
My Favorite is the Falken AT3 just as good as Toyo but way cheaper. Unfortunately they don’t make 295/65/20.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I have Ran the Toyo MT, Toyo AT2, BFG AT, Nitto AT and Falken AT3.

Nitto and BFG suck.

The Toyo’s were all good.
My Favorite is the Falken AT3 just as good as Toyo but way cheaper. Unfortunately they don’t make 295/65/20.
Nitto and Toyo same company. Tires are the same carcass. Different tread patterns.

Falken AT3's are average construction at best. They are heavier in most every size because of inferior steel used. They use more to compensate.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Nitto and Toyo same company. Tires are the same carcass. Different tread patterns.

Falken AT3's are average construction at best. They are heavier in most every size because of inferior steel used. They use more to compensate.
I know Nitto/Toyo are the same. But the Nitto AT’s I had wore out extremely fast. Never had that problem with the Toyo’s not sure it makes sense. But that’s my experience.

Just looked up the weight difference. Used 35x12.50x17 for comparison.
Falken AT3 75lbs
Toyo AT3 59lbs.

Honestly I’m surprised I never noticed this because I do look at weights when buying tires.

Thanks I learned something.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I know Nitto/Toyo are the same. But the Nitto AT’s I had wore out extremely fast. Never had that problem with the Toyo’s not sure it makes sense. But that’s my experience.

Just looked up the weight difference. Used 35x12.50x17 for comparison.
Falken AT3 75lbs
Toyo AT3 59lbs.

Honestly I’m surprised I never noticed this because I do look at weights when buying tires.

Thanks I learned something.

Damm. Me too. That's a massive difference in weight!! 😱

Fabhouse

Reaction score
Details? Definitely not stock. Lol.
Mostly stock!
37/18 toyo at3 on Method HD wheels. They were waiting at the tire shop when I picked up the truck. They don't rub at all-I was a bit surprised.
No lift or level, Tremor package.
Lariat Sport package.
Installing a bed rug and bed cover tomorrow. Currently debating the 1.5 lift I have for the front vs. a 1" lower rear block.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Perfect tires/ wheels and stance. I’d leave it alone for awhile. Until you’re ready for a carli kit. Nice truck.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Mostly stock!
37/18 toyo at3 on Method HD wheels. They were waiting at the tire shop when I picked up the truck. They don't rub at all-I was a bit surprised.
Lariat Sport package.
Installing a bed rug and bed cover tomorrow. Currently debating the 1.5 lift I have for the front vs. a 1" lower rear block.
Those AT3s are great tires. Had them on my last Ram. You will love them. Interested to see what kind of mileage you get out of them.

Plan on putting them on my Ram when the time comes.

Fabhouse

Reaction score
Those AT3s are great tires. Had them on my last Ram. You will love them. Interested to see what kind of mileage you get out of them.

Plan on putting them on my Ram when the time comes.
I'm a fan of the Toyo AT series. I've had them on many trucks. Quiet (if you rotate them), great tread wear, better than expected in sand, hard pack, mud-pretty ok for snow. I would expect 30-35k miles out of this set, but I replace tires at 20-30% normally, not at the wear bars.

Fabhouse

Reaction score
BTW-
I bought this thru Jim Saenz @ Villa Ford. I had not delt with them before. No bullshit, no add ons, and because of the price increase from Ford during the build/order process I ended up paying 5k under sticker, because they honored the price protection on the sale. Same price I agreed on order, but many dealers are not doing this.
Would recommend highly.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I'm a fan of the Toyo AT series. I've had them on many trucks. Quiet (if you rotate them), great tread wear, better than expected in sand, hard pack, mud-pretty ok for snow. I would expect 30-35k miles out of this set, but I replace tires at 20-30% normally, not at the wear bars.
AT2, wore quick. AT3, another level of grip and wear. Will never have another set of AT2s

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Mostly stock!
Lariat Sport package.
Drop the rear. Truck looks awesome. Nice work.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Ford price protects the dealers on all custom orders.
There are lots of reports of dealers passing the price increase along to buyers. But what these crooks don’t know is there is a thing called the internet and when 100’s of thousands of buyers are waiting around for vehicles for 9months we all start talking and we learn things.

They crooked dealerships back track when you show them the price protection in writing from Ford.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
By the time you get it there may be a glut of them sitting on the lot for even cheaper.
Not gonna happen. Ford hasn’t built shit for inventory for a long while and stoped taking orders months ago.

Only trucks available will be speacial orders that the poors had to back out of due to gas on interest prices.

Fabhouse

Reaction score
2000 mile report-
Engine and trans are great. Very impressed with the power unloaded and towing.
Mileage is 8 w/ 10000 lbs.
Mileage is 10 unloaded.
Ride is absolute shit. Was ready to sell it. Set tires to 45psi. Helped. Decided to order Fox shocks, will see if that also helps.
Experienced death wobble on the 10 near Cabazon last weekend (construction area). Not impressed. Ordered BDS stabilizer, but I feel like this should not be an issue I need to add parts to fix.
Rear axle wrap is terrible.
Overall its pretty ok. I will be shopping for my next truck as soon as the car market settles into some normalcy.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not gonna happen. Ford hasn’t built shit for inventory for a long while and stoped taking orders months ago.

Only trucks available will be speacial orders that the poors had to back out of due to gas on interest prices.

That’s pretty much exactly what I just said. :)

CLdrinker

Reaction score
2000 mile report-
Mileage is 10 unloaded.
Ride is absolute shit. Was ready to sell it. Set tires to 45psi. Helped. Decided to order Fox shocks, will see if that also helps.
Experienced death wobble on the 10 near Cabazon last weekend (construction area). Not impressed. Ordered BDS stabilizer, but I feel like this should not be an issue I need to add parts to fix.
Overall its pretty ok. I will be shopping for my next truck as soon as the car market settles into some normalcy.
Check your caster. That usually helps the death wobble.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I like the idea of the 4:30s. But I will put a lot of non towing miles on the truck. Will probably replace the F150 with another truck in another year or two.
Not many poor people buying super duty’s lol.
I bet people start bailing after today’s interest rate increase.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
2000 mile report-
Mileage is 10 unloaded.

The Fox shocks will help a lot. My friend’s ‘21 with a steering stabilizer, leveling blocks and Fox Shocks on 35” with 45 PSI tire pressure rides well.

He did get some piece to align the front caster to avoid any death wobble issues.