WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Career change

spectra bash

Reaction score
Been wanting to do my own thing for a while. I make some good smashed patty melt burgers with horseradish thousand island. Thinking of building this out for a burger trailer. Maybe I could serve up a RDP party some time.

Attachments

• CE5A2E45-4D6D-43F9-A7EA-0BAC0C97ECA3.jpeg
    CE5A2E45-4D6D-43F9-A7EA-0BAC0C97ECA3.jpeg
    220.7 KB · Views: 13
  • A6DEC94C-26CA-4138-B758-A66F5FBD51D5.jpeg
    A6DEC94C-26CA-4138-B758-A66F5FBD51D5.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 13

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Do it. I think someone else on here built these trailers for weddings and stuff as a side gig. Can't remember who.

spectra bash

Reaction score
I always love seeing stories like this. I'm always scared to death to jump out of my comfort zone and go into business for myself!
Me too. But love to cook and hang out. Would love to do my own thing. Maybe this rout would be cheaper and less stressful than a restaurant.

spectra bash

Reaction score
This 73 step van is tempting also. Maybe some Alcoa wheels.

Attachments

• 7FAD2636-9BA8-42B3-9B17-BBD244F62D2B.jpeg
    7FAD2636-9BA8-42B3-9B17-BBD244F62D2B.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 09D8F4AB-5DDC-4DFE-AFEF-F1088FAD2BA1.jpeg
    09D8F4AB-5DDC-4DFE-AFEF-F1088FAD2BA1.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 6
  • C3303788-573B-47C5-AE82-E97AA8A5DCD3.jpeg
    C3303788-573B-47C5-AE82-E97AA8A5DCD3.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 8

81Sprint

Reaction score
Been wanting to do my own thing for a while. I make some good smashed patty melt burgers with horseradish thousand island. Thinking of building this out for a burger trailer. Maybe I could serve up a RDP party some time.
I thought of doing the same thing a few years back, was looking at a food trailer that I could mount a smoker on the back and cook all kinds of BBQ. When I started checking into all the health codes and the regulations it was a little discouraging the stuff you had to do to be compliant, at least in Vegas anyway. Good luck with yours, always wanted to do that.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@81Sprint the one company in town that builds trailers is cashing checks! I was talking to a food truck owner. He said ibarra(company name) has 61 trailers they are building for vegas just this year! Guy I was talking to is going to leave vegas because there’s way to many trucks/ trailers now.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Thanks for the plug boys! We’ve since pivoted to a professional beverage catering services company with Fer à Cheval Mobile Bar being our most popular offering.

I built the bar as a proof of concept/ marketing piece for my design and fab company. I now find myself more focused on scaling the bar business than growing the fab shop. I don’t even take in outside business anymore as the bar business has filled the fab shop with work as we roll out more rental offerings.

@spectra bash it’s never a bad idea to follow your passion especially if others pay you well to do it. I had an absolute blast building my mobile bar. You can read the RDP build thread HERE

Last edited:

spectra bash

Reaction score
Thanks for the plug boys! We’ve since pivoted to a professional beverage catering services company with Fer à Cheval Mobile Bar being our most popular offering.

@spectra bash it’s never a bad idea to follow your passion especially if others pay you well to do it. I had an absolute blast building my mobile bar. You can read the RDP build thread HERE
Very cool. Thanks for the positive remarks. I was waiting for all the doom and gloom. We will see if I can make it happen. Congrats on your accomplishments.

hawgty55

Reaction score
Well i hope you do it. But if you dont id be willing to buy the trailer off of you.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Very cool. Thanks for the positive remarks. I was waiting for all the doom and gloom. We will see if I can make it happen. Congrats on your accomplishments.
Ok here I am. We did some work on one for a guy that was going to plant it at the Bunker Bar. He had a hell of a time with the health department if I recall. Seems like common sense to build them clean in food service, but I guess sometimes the budget gets in the way.
Nice trailer Mario.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

I built the bar as a proof of concept/ marketing piece for my design and fab company. I now find myself more focused on scaling the bar business than growing the fab shop. I don’t even take in outside business anymore as the bar business has filled the fab shop with work as we roll out more rental offerings.

Good to hear that you continue to hone your business and busier than when we met last. 👍