WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Lake Mead Inactive Pool

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Lake Mead has dropped to inactive pool , power production levels have dropped . Obama just had installed a 2500 gallon propane tank , for his BBQ ? Is this the next catastrophe ? I would’ve thought that the river water levels would’ve been reduced recently, but my personal observation is they’ve increased . 2FF to the white courtesy phone , please

guest hs

Reaction score
Was out on Havasu this morning it’s the highest I have seen it in probably 2 years

DarkJuJu

Reaction score

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Lake Mead has dropped to inactive pool , power production levels have dropped . Obama just had installed a 2500 gallon propane tank , for his BBQ ? Is this the next catastrophe ? I would’ve thought that the river water levels would’ve been reduced recently, but my personal observation is they’ve increased . 2FF to the white courtesy phone , please
EXACTLY

Normally, we see 1/3 of our dock on the shore mid-day during this time of year. It's been flowing high enough for me to boat above the bridge in Needles at any time of day, and I NEVER do that unless alot of water is flowing. During Feb - May, the flows were insanely heavy for long periods of time, more so than I have seen since we got the home in 2015.

What exactly IS going on ?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
EXACTLY

Normally, we see 1/3 of our dock on the shore mid-day during this time of year. It's been flowing high enough for me to boat above the bridge in Needles at any time of day, and I NEVER do that unless alot of water is flowing. During Feb - May, the flows were insanely heavy for long periods of time, more so than I have seen since we got the home in 2015.

What exactly IS going on ?

The same people that run the Fed manage the water ways.

It is obvious what is going on, more is being let out than needed.

It is the same playbook from CA.

Riverryder

Reaction score
No, but the 15 housing collapse threads per week will.

A lot of these thread are shit. Like people just want to talk about things we have no control over. Turning a blind eye isn’t it but still why talk about it every dam week.

How about the trip you are excited to
Go on?
If your cray paper share with us all the crazy shit the love of your lives do to you.
If your wheeler post tits haah
But fuck why be so upset about things all the time ahah

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I heard they will continue to drop, and put in a new straw.... so vegas will aways have water.... and the Arabs will have to go else where to grow their crops... put at the same time.... az and cal will be out of water... at some point the world is gonna figure out that watering grass to play games is not all that good..

HCP3

Reaction score
I heard they will continue to drop, and put in a new straw.... so vegas will aways have water.... and the Arabs will have to go else where to grow their crops... put at the same time.... az and cal will be out of water... at some point the world is gonna figure out that watering grass to play games is not all that good..

A fourth straw? When does construction start? The third straw took seven years to complete (2008-2015).

Last edited:

Riverbottom

Reaction score
The last two years have been higher than I have seen in the 32 years I have lived in Parker. Water was almost over the top of my dock last week.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Residential is a fraction of where the majority of water is being used. Agriculture, such as the Arabs you describe, is overwhelmingly the majority.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
You last sentence is interesting. So Golf courses are the problem?
I guess swimming pools don’t have any impact. Hey don’t you have a pool?

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Was out on Havasu this morning it’s the highest I have seen it in probably 2 years
I was on it yesterday - I agree and the clarity in my cove was BEST I have seen in years - I think they are flushing the lake of all the yucky stuff.... I wonder how the channel looks, I don't go there, because I don't have DCB, Magic, eliminator or a loud stereo...... no water blasters either

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Blame golf all you want I promise you it’s not the problem. I personally worked at a golf course in Orange County (golf course superintendent) and ALL 18 holes were watered by run off from the neighboring houses. The course collected it in a irrigation lake and pumped it out through its own pump station. I can tell you for a fact that the irrigation lake was overflowing 300 days a year!!! We didn’t fill it with any other supplemental water. That’s just one of many courses that do that by the way!

I said this in other post but the water the majority of courses use is reclaimed and if not used by courses it just gets pumped out into the ocean for you to swim in. Reclaimed plants have a surplus of waste water from all the affordable housing going in.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Blame golf all you want I promise you it’s not the problem. I personally worked at a golf course in Orange County (golf course superintendent) and ALL 18 holes were watered by run off from the neighboring houses. The course collected it in a irrigation lake and pumped it out through its own pump station. I can tell you for a fact that the irrigation lake was overflowing 300 days a year!!! We didn’t fill it with any other supplemental water. That’s just one of many courses that do that by the way!

I said this in other post but the water the majority of courses use is reclaimed and if not used by courses it just gets pumped out into the ocean for you to swim in. Reclaimed plants have a surplus of waste water from all the affordable housing going in.
Are you still in the golf biz

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Are you still in the golf biz
Yes but not a superintendent. I don’t mind people complaining about course water use as long as they try to get truly informed.

Just drive by the old Double tree course in San Diego or StoneRidge CC and show me how all the houses and commercial buildings will have less negative impact on the environment and I’ll start listening. That’s just two recent examples I could go on and on I can do the same thing with motocross tracks or any other form of recreational area that has been overrun by commercial and residential buildings.

Singleton

Reaction score

If ‘watering grass to play games’ is tied to golf courses you are inaccurate. Almost 100% of courses in Vegas, Palm Springs area and SoCal are all reclaimed (treated from plant) or second usage water.

100% agree, the Arabs who purchased land in AZ with guaranteed water allocations or leased CRIT land and water allocations to grow crops and ship them to the Middle East need to be kicked out. Growing alfalfa in Saudi is illegal and punishable by dealth.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Growing alfalfa in Saudi is illegal and punishable by dealth.
Might as well make it the same penalty here 😅

Always has tripped me out how our gov't allows them to devastate the limited water supply in the SW to ship across the world.

4Waters

Reaction score
If ‘watering grass to play games’ is tied to golf courses you are inaccurate. Almost 100% of courses in Vegas, Palm Springs area and SoCal are all reclaimed (treated from plant) or second usage water.

100% agree, the Arabs who purchased land in AZ with guaranteed water allocations or leased CRIT land and water allocations to grow crops and ship them to the Middle East need to be kicked out. Growing alfalfa in Saudi is illegal and punishable by dealth.
Our courses here are only watering the greens, the fairways are brown

Singleton

Reaction score
Might as well make it the same penalty here 😅

Always has tripped me out how our gov't allows them to devastate the limited water supply in the SW to ship across the world.
I have family in the midwest, when I shared that data point they did not believe me. After some research, they now question WTF is going on. Need to find the link, but I read all the Arab leases and purchases were approved by the federal government, since the leases included the assigned water allocations.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

Those of you who drive to Parker/Havasu from the Phoenix area, you drive past YUUGE farms around Wendon, Aguila and Vicksburg Rd. The Emirates and Saudi’s have bought most of the feed farms. They shut out local suppliers like me from just driving in and doing business like we have since the 70’s here.

They’ve fenced the shit outta them and have security gates. They won’t let us in. Tell us “leave your card, they’ll call you if they need you.” Fuck that, I closed their billing accounts, fuck you and your grass.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Those of you who drive to Parker/Havasu from the Phoenix area, you drive past YUUGE farms around Wendon, Aguila and Vicksburg Rd. The Emirates and Saudi’s have bought most of the feed farms. They shut out local suppliers like me from just driving in and doing business like we have since the 70’s here.

They’ve fenced the shit outta them and have security gates. They won’t let us in. Tell us “leave your card, they’ll call you if they need you.” Fuck that, I closed their billing accounts, fuck you and your grass.
It's BILLIONS of gallons of water, which took me a bit to wrap my head around. @Singleton I posted some links to articles a while back. One property alone was siphoning 23 wells at 1.5 billion gallons a year. It's insane that this is allowed to happen, but then again I'm guessing "the big guy" gets his cut so its fine...it's all fine.:mad:

JFMFG

Reaction score
Yes but not a superintendent. I don’t mind people complaining about course water use as long as they try to get truly informed.

Just drive by the old Double tree course in San Diego or StoneRidge CC and show me how all the houses and commercial buildings will have less negative impact on the environment and I’ll start listening. That’s just two recent examples I could go on and on I can do the same thing with motocross tracks or any other form of recreational area that has been overrun by commercial and residential buildings.
You don’t gotta tell me. We manufacture everything you see on the golf course flag sticks embroidered flags signs water coolers benches trash cans etc.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
It's BILLIONS of gallons of water, which took me a bit to wrap my head around. @Singleton I posted some links to articles a while back. One property alone was siphoning 23 wells at 1.5 billion gallons a year. It's insane that this is allowed to happen, but then again I'm guessing "the big guy" gets his cut so its fine...it's all fine.:mad:
There are business's that survive on solely pulling and rebuilding those pump motors.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
You don’t gotta tell me. We manufacture everything you see on the golf course flag sticks embroidered flags signs water coolers benches trash cans etc.
Yeah I think we’ve talked before I’m actually a irrigation distributor for a major irrigation brand in golf. We also cover residential and commercial in some areas. We have meeting’s constantly about water management and golfs impact on the environment. It’s a joke what people are lead to believe. People freak out when courses put out chemicals when half the time it’s the same chemical they apply when they get a rash or athletes foot. And typically it’s in way smaller doses!

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
But why now

My only guess there is they are trying to accellerate the inevitable while it's a hot topic.

Nothing will be fixed unless the water rights can all come to the table and agree to something.

If they keep going the day isn't far away that a farmer calls for his water order and there is no water to give him..... thats when the real reckoning happens.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
My only guess there is they are trying to accellerate the inevitable while it's a hot topic.

Nothing will be fixed unless the water rights can all come to the table and agree to something.

If they keep going the day isn't far away that a farmer calls for his water order and there is no water to give him..... thats when the real reckoning happens.

It’s the same playbook from CA..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
You last sentence is interesting. So Golf courses are the problem?
I guess swimming pools don’t have any impact. Hey don’t you have a pool?
swimming pools are a fuck'n waist.... guess you havn't heard the roof raising battles at my havasu house...and notice that of all the homes I build.... none have pools... they waist water, power and beer money....

lbhsbz

Reaction score
679F11C3-0371-4681-9932-96279DC0CE70.jpeg
8ACB5753-4520-4506-AEB1-77BB29A49E80.jpeg
0FD53803-073A-4B28-B209-88BFD8DFB80A.jpeg

Cost me $20 ($30 if you count the cost of beer while watching the kid struggle) to get from point A to point B on Tuesday…water didn’t come up till late

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Actually pools use less water than a lawn covering the same area
lawns don't use reclaimed water... they use drinking water..... it's just crazy the amount of lawns in cal....and my post was about the new 1/2 acre homes in washington utah,... all with front and back lawns... the builder said they put lawns so kids could play games... they want to put a straw in the river to suck water for the lawns...

JFMFG

Reaction score
Yeah I think we’ve talked before I’m actually a irrigation distributor for a major irrigation brand in golf. We also cover residential and commercial in some areas. We have meeting’s constantly about water management and golfs impact on the environment. It’s a joke what people are lead to believe. People freak out when courses put out chemicals when half the time it’s the same chemical they apply when they get a rash or athletes foot. And typically it’s in way smaller doses!
Now that you mention it yes I believe we have talked. People are always quick to blame courses but they’ll never understand

HCP3

Reaction score
lawns don't use reclaimed water... they use drinking water..... it's just crazy the amount of lawns in cal....and my post was about the new 1/2 acre homes in washington utah,... all with front and back lawns... the builder said they put lawns so kids could play games... they want to put a straw in the river to suck water for the lawns...

Are you saying this is the last straw?