WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ROE overturned , Let the riots begin

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Lots of FU's on FB... People are so gnarly, they go for the jugular, so ugly..

Reactions: DWC

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think this is really bizarre. Those that feel abortion is a very humane form of birth control are calling for violence.
What really strikes me as odd, this ruling doesn't change the legality as much as it changes the location. We (not necessarily here, but within the country) saying that it will make it too difficult for the inner city/under privileged people. Those same people are getting those services for free or financially subsidized by taxpayers. A lot of those inner-city areas are within states that will still make it legal.
How many of these people's real grip is with having to shoulder the costs? I understand there are instances such as rape or incest. Those are not what I'm referring to. I mean those women that have multiple abortions, those that use the system as birth control. They know how it happens, they choose not to prevent it.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I'm disappointed at the level of riot taking place so far. I figured there would be some good live streams tonight. I guess their hearts aren't really into it.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Well it will be easier and cheaper in cutnscrapefornia. Newscum is already preparing to fund for an influx of out state women. Once they taste the handouts,you think they'll leave?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Maybe the man/boy told the woman/girl to get an abortion? Paid for some of it or all of it? Maybe the man's/boy's parents helped? Why are these people all off the hook? Negligence? Man/boy knew that he could have just made a baby and did nothing to verify if it happened or did nothing to assure its safety. A woman can not wake up, decide she wants a baby, hang out in her room all day by herself, and get pregnant.

If you believe it's okay for a guy and a girl to have sex, and that guy can walk away from a pregnancy with zero obligation or consequences, then that means the burden of consent, the burden of BC, the burden of pregnancy, the burden of raising a child, and the possible burden of jail or fines lands on just one of the persons that caused the whole situation. Then there is rape in which case there may be consequences for the man/boy, but if the woman/girl is forced to carry the child to term, would that child ever be turned over to the man/boy to raise?

???

Im not saying any of that.
I’m saying that that prosecution of a girl/ woman for getting an abortion is almost zero possibility.
The prosecution of an illegal abortionist is a possibility.
But this isn’t the 1960’s. Abortions are not illegal Coast to coast. Not a single State that may outlaw abortions is more than a half day drive across the entire state.
I have SERIOUS doubts that back ally abortions will become any sort of norm or even a possibility, and if it were to happen the abortionist is typically the offender.

The scenario you present is extremely unlikely.
As far as prosecuting the impregnator, rape is already a crime, consensual sex is not a crime.
We already prosecute deadbeat dads and hold them financially liable.

Personally I have kids and grandkids so your seeming presumption of what I think is OK is wildly off target.
But be all that as it may, you seem to be mixing up criminal and civil prosecutions?
We can not necessarily regulate morality and responsibility within the criminal system, we can apply it in the civil arena and that’s what we do.

Last edited:

lantz

Reaction score
"I mean those women that have multiple abortions, those that use the system as birth control. They know how it happens, they choose not to prevent it."

Women use "the system as birth control." What do men use?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
"I mean those women that have multiple abortions, those that use the system as birth control. They know how it happens, they choose not to prevent it."

I use my old age, charming personality, short stature, and lack of social skills.
It’s an effective means of birth control.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

If you choose to quote me...well, quote me.

Many of the females I may be referencing have had multiple pregnancies by multiple partners. That said, yes, I guess I am leaving out the other half of the equation...
But I'm definitely not hiding my stance on the subject.

jet496

Reaction score
The dems are looking so bad coming into election time, you know they planned this. Just sayin, who even gave a rats ass about it & you can still get an abortion pretty close to anywhere you live. People are just soooo gullible it's pathetic.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
1656138836625.jpeg

rrrr

Reaction score
I'm not going to wade into the right or wrongs of abortion. I do have a few comments to make.

I've never understood why there are more than 500,000 abortions in the US every year. There can't be that many instances of failed contraception. If an abortion is the result of an unwanted pregnancy, why aren't the women that are making that choice making damn sure they don't get pregnant?

Make the man be a responsible partner. Demand condom use. Get an implantable contraceptive. Do both. The chances of pregnancy go to almost zero. Don't get drunk with your hookup or SO and have unprotected sex. And yes, BOTH parties are responsible for it. Don't have the money to pay for contraceptives? That's pretty dumb. Cut out an expense in your life.

Why the hell would someone risk having the terrible choices of an abortion, having an unwanted child, or going through the trauma of adoption, when using contraceptives is so easy?

As for the protests that will spin out of control this weekend, now we're going to see who the real domestic terrorists are.

A wave of violence has swept across pro-life pregnancy clinics since the Dobbs decision first leaked last month. A group calling itself Jane's Revenge is credited with the firebombing of a Wisconsin pregnancy clinic last month, and dozens of other attacks since then.

In a letter earlier this month, Jane's Revenge vowed to escalate its tactics.

The letter described how "easy and fun it is to attack" and vowed to take "increasingly drastic measures against oppressive infrastructures" – by which it means pro-life clinics – saying this time "those measures may not come in the form of something so easily cleaned up as fire and graffiti."

The FBI and DOJ haven't done a damned thing to stop this violence, and they're not going to. The Biden administration is going to sanction and support arson, assault, violence, and murder in the coming days.

I don't care what your position is on the issue at hand, but the fact the president and Democrats are going to encourage violence should make every sane American demand the government enforce the law.

Kenboat

Reaction score
I get a kick out of the left and right.
Right wants the state to have the power to put convicted criminals to death in the name of justice even if the good book does not give us a free pass to kill in any circumstance but you cant have an abortion because it kills the unborn baby.
The left wants the the right to kill unborn babies but the state should never put a convict to death just lock them up until the reform.
It would seem the right should encourage abortion to help slow the growth of the mostly democratic voters who make up a large serment of the population who get abortions.
And how many of the right leaning politicians beating the stop abortions got knocked up and either walked away or paid for an abortion because they did not want to disrupt their career path?

Crazy world, just go boating

4Waters

Reaction score
I'm not going to wade into the right or wrongs of abortion. I do have a few comments to make.

I've never understood why there are more than 500,000 abortions in the US every year. There can't be that many instances of failed contraception. If an abortion is the result of an unwanted pregnancy, why aren't the women that are making that choice making damn sure they don't get pregnant?

Make the man be a responsible partner. Demand condom use. Get an implantable contraceptive. Do both. The chances of pregnancy go to almost zero. Don't get drunk with your hookup or SO and have unprotected sex. And yes, BOTH parties are responsible for it. Don't have the money to pay for contraceptives? That's pretty dumb. Cut out an expense in your life.

Why the hell would someone risk having the terrible choices of an abortion, having an unwanted child, or going through the trauma of adoption, when using contraceptives is so easy?

As for the protests that will spin out of control this weekend, now we're going to see who the real domestic terrorists are.

A wave of violence has swept across pro-life pregnancy clinics since the Dobbs decision first leaked last month. A group calling itself Jane's Revenge is credited with the firebombing of a Wisconsin pregnancy clinic last month, and dozens of other attacks since then.

In a letter earlier this month, Jane's Revenge vowed to escalate its tactics.

The letter described how "easy and fun it is to attack" and vowed to take "increasingly drastic measures against oppressive infrastructures" – by which it means pro-life clinics – saying this time "those measures may not come in the form of something so easily cleaned up as fire and graffiti."

The FBI and DOJ haven't done a damned thing to stop this violence, and they're not going to. The Biden administration is going to sanction and support arson, assault, violence, and murder in the coming days.

I don't care what your position is on the issue at hand, but the fact the president and Democrats are going to encourage violence should make every sane American demand the government enforce the law.
Birth control pills are free (I know, nothings really free) it happens to be the only thing that obummer did that I liked. If you have ins they pay it with zero co-pay and if no ins you get it anyway, the government reimburses them. I was hoping that the policy would slow abortions way down and I think that is what obummer was hoping for as well but I was wrong 😔

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I get a kick out of the left and right.
Right wants the state to have the power to put convicted criminals to death in the name of justice even if the good book does not give us a free pass to kill in any circumstance but you cant have an abortion because it kills the unborn baby.
The left wants the the right to kill unborn babies but the state should never put a convict to death just lock them up until the reform.
It would seem the right should encourage abortion to help slow the growth of the mostly democratic voters who make up a large serment of the population who get abortions.
And how many of the right leaning politicians beating the stop abortions got knocked up and either walked away or paid for an abortion because they did not want to disrupt their career path?

Crazy world, just go boating
I hear you, but it's not even a left or right thing in real life outside of campaigns. The Convicted Killer vs. Child argument holds no water. The only thing between the two that is remotely close to the same is a homicide is committed in both cases, and now it will be up to each state if both are legal forms of homicide, one is, or none is.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Could you please explain which parts were bigoted? I read the book and that chapter hit me like a ton of bricks. Less unwanted children were born, most likely those children would have been born into poverty. 20 years after Roe v Wade, the violent crime rate began to drop. Granted, correlation does not always mean causation, but it's an interesting relationship, nonetheless. I'm not sure what that has to do with bigotry, but I invite you to elaborate on your opinion.
You are 100% correct about Sanger. I don't need to search it up. I've read more than the average person on that time period. However, data is data. A disproportionate amount of blacks are in poverty. A disproportionate amount of abortions occur in high-poverty regions. A disproportionate amount of abortion clinics are in black neighborhoods. That doesn't change the fact that violent crime has decreased since Roe v Wade. I've not only seen the video but read the book that the 4.5-minute video is based on. Have you?

I don't really think you are "giving me the benefit of the doubt." I think you are being passive-aggressive. But that is fine. I'm a big girl and can take it. ;)

Zing!

Dunerking

Reaction score
These protesters that scream “my body my choice” are mostly the same people screaming that everyone must take a vaccine..what about my body and my choice on that subject?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
These protesters that scream “my body my choice” are mostly the same people screaming that everyone must take a vaccine..what about my body and my choice on that subject?
Even more so, those same protestors usually focus in on how any man out there should not have a say in the women's body. Those same pro-abortion loud speakers in today's society have a whole different issue they have to overcome, which is "What is a Women?" Fun watching them squirm.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Apparently you are happy there are millions less black people thanks to Roe. Nice.
IMO, the idea that "abortion is good for crime stats" and "poor kids have no future" is White supremacist at it's core. Also, I think it's a fallacy. Anne Dunnham was the "she needs an abortion" poster child. Out of work, young woman in school with a promising future and the baby daddy of the mixed race child didn't just skip town, he left the hemisphere, never to return. By all pro choice metrics, she should have had an abortion.

So no, it wasn't passive-aggressive. I think the whole premise of that video is disgusting. literally straight out of Mein Kampf.

As you said, correlation ≠ causation but if you look at a map of the highest abortion rates and the highest crime rates, they overlay almost perfectly. Even the conclusion that abortion reduces crime is dubious at best.

My toxic masculinity requires me to respond. @FROGMAN524 that's a statement a little over the line with someone you have never met.
@MPHSystems
I've also read the book Freakonomics. The whole book is based on using data to allow the reader to develop an opinion. It is not a racist book. It actually has a chapter on how poor people name their children after celebrities and you can predict popular names because poor people statistically have more kids than rich people. It is a fantastic read. BTW the white trash names are basically stripper names.

Angie has only challenged the basis that the book is "The Most bigoted statement" She asked for examples. I love data it lacks emotion.

Personally, I agree that a disproportionate amount of abortions happen in the black community. I've not hidden my feelings that this is a problem. The stats don't support a POC argument. Latinos don't run up the charts on Abortions. Let's not try and be politically correct. It's a black problem that the black community needs to take some ownership in. Oddly we were listening to Biggie Smalls yesterday while reading this thread and the song was 100% about having sex with multiple partners and not giving a Phuck.

My question is where is the activism for proactive measures and why so much fighting about the reactive measures?

I might be a white supremacist but at least I have some lifelong black friends as a result.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
My toxic masculinity requires me to respond. @FROGMAN524 that's a statement a little over the line with someone you have never met.
@MPHSystems
I've also read the book Freakonomics. The whole book is based on using data to allow the reader to develop an opinion. It is not a racist book. It actually has a chapter on how poor people name their children after celebrities and you can predict popular names because poor people statistically have more kids than rich people. It is a fantastic read. BTW the white trash names are basically stripper names.

Angie has only challenged the basis that the book is "The Most bigoted statement" She asked for examples. I love data it lacks emotion.

Personally, I agree that a disproportionate amount of abortions happen in the black community. I've not hidden my feelings that this is a problem. The stats don't support a POC argument. Latinos don't run up the charts on Abortions. Let's not try and be politically correct. It's a black problem that the black community needs to take some ownership in. Oddly we were listening to Biggie Smalls yesterday while reading this thread and the song was 100% about having sex with multiple partners and not giving a Phuck.

My question is where is the activism for proactive measures and why so much fighting about the reactive measures?

I might be a white supremacist but at least I have some lifelong black friends as a result.

Well said. Democrats here are all too ready to hurl “phobes” and “ists” from their virtual soapboxes of morality.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Perhaps I will solicit grant money for a proactive birth control campaign. Posters in bar bathrooms with slogans like "Is a baby worth a few free drinks" and "you should just suck" in the ladies' rooms. In the men's rooms, we can have slogans like "15 minutes of pleasure costs 18 years". "Do you like her enough to deal with her shit the rest of your life?"

I bet this place could give me plenty of slogans.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
It is more or a cultural problem in the U.S. than a specific race problem. If the culture accepts it, then the numbers will be higher. Culture does not always follow skin color. These same issues are highlighted in crime stats which is where these two issues seems to overlap.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
There are over 3000 to 4000 different religions in the United States each one has different rules on life , different higher being that someone looks up to so I’m not sure where everybody falls , but I think this is not God’s plan because God gave everyone a Brain, a chance to think, make decisions , you need to use it , if not , you’ve got a bunch of old fat, cigar smoking, whiskey drinking, women chasing men in the state and federal government that are going to make choices for you, God gave you a brain use it or let the government make decisions for you.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Perhaps I will solicit grant money for a proactive birth control campaign. Posters in bar bathrooms with slogans like "Is a baby worth a few free drinks" and "you should just suck" in the ladies' rooms. In the men's rooms, we can have slogans like "15 minutes of pleasure costs 18 years". "Do you like her enough to deal with her shit the rest of your life?"

15 minutes? Good god man you are a saint. 😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Transphobe! What about signs for the men that could become pregnant?

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
It is more or a cultural problem in the U.S. than a specific race problem. If the culture accepts it, then the numbers will be higher. Culture does not always follow skin color. These same issues are highlighted in crime stats which is where these two issues seems to overlap.

Good points. However, I believe it is mostly a poverty issue. You could call it the culture of poverty, I suppose. There is a great book on the subject by Dr. Ruby Payne.

K-DOG

Reaction score
I have a friend that is vegan and constantly posts about how wrong it is to kill animals. Now she is posting about how wrong it is to not allow abortions. Makes total sense. Killing animals bad, killing babies ok.

bonesfab

Reaction score
IMO, the idea that "abortion is good for crime stats" and "poor kids have no future" is White supremacist at it's core. Also, I think it's a fallacy. Anne Dunnham was the "she needs an abortion" poster child. Out of work, young woman in school with a promising future and the baby daddy of the mixed race child didn't just skip town, he left the hemisphere, never to return. By all pro choice metrics, she should have had an abortion.

So no, it wasn't passive-aggressive. I think the whole premise of that video is disgusting. literally straight out of Mein Kampf.

As you said, correlation ≠ causation but if you look at a map of the highest abortion rates and the highest crime rates, they overlay almost perfectly. Even the conclusion that abortion reduces crime is dubious at best.
If the abortion rate was higher in those cities I guarantee crime would be less. My beef with this whole bullshit is so they eliminate abortion, now we have another 50-100k children born with parents that don't want them. So we better start building more juvenile detention centers. The government has done such a wonderful job with the foster care and adoption side of things. And you can call me a racist, But I prefer realist.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
If the abortion rate was higher in those cities I guarantee crime would be less. My beef with this whole bullshit is so they eliminate abortion, now we have another 50-100k children born with parents that don't want them. So we better start building more juvenile detention centers. The government has done such a wonderful job with the foster care and adoption side of things. And you can call me a racist, But I prefer realist.
The high crime areas generally fall within states that will continue to allow the abortions. I understand your point, but I really don't think it's going to be a problem.

My deal on this is simple. If they handle the abortion early in the pregnancy I can understand that. Not that I think it should be the go to, but there is a part of me that gets the point of their choice to have a kid. Once you start talking late term abortions I'm out with exception to the mothers life being in jeopardy. Still don't like it, but can understand that potential need as well.

All of this is still pretty silly when considering all SCOTUS did was put the choice back in the hands of the states. Abortions aren't going away ever.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
The good news is all these poor democrats who are impoverished and irresponsible will move to places like NY and CA where abortion is on demand up and until or even after birth. Should clean out places like TX for the rest of us to enjoy.

PaPaG

Reaction score
ANYONE that RIOTS and damages others property deserves to have a Kyle R standing close by taking care of business, anyone protesting peacefully should be allowed to protest and voice their opinion and feelings about a topic, law or issue. The real problem is that Rioters are not out to voice opinions, they are out to cause trouble, mayhem, vandalism, and theft they are mostly pieces of shit waste of skin that should put out to pasture...On the topic of R Vs W, Scotus overturning it did not bean they are banning all abortions, it means giving back to the states to make their own decision...I am 100% against the late term abortions especially like Colorado with a 9 month term abortion possibly being OK, that just makes me sick...there are other circumstances where it should be ok...jmo.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
@MPHSystems

Turn off the rap, that shit’ll fuck your head up.

PaPaG

Reaction score
The good news is all these poor democrats who are impoverished and irresponsible will move to places like NY and CA where abortion is on demand up and until or even after birth. Should clean out places like TX for the rest of us to enjoy.
YES YES AND YES...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
ANYONE that RIOTS and damages others property deserves to have a Kyle R standing close by taking care of business, anyone protesting peacefully should be allowed to protest and voice their opinion and feelings about a topic, law or issue. The real problem is that Rioters are not out to voice opinions, they are out to cause trouble, mayhem, vandalism, and theft they are mostly pieces of shit waste of skin that should put out to pasture...

They don’t want to voice an opinion, they want to impose their feelings.
As their failures with imposition increase so does their frustrations.
It’s what happens when you don’t own a boat.

(That’s a metaphor for being completely self involved due to total immersion into social media and zero physical life experiences)

It’s kind of like watching zoo monkeys slinging their own shit.

PaPaG

Reaction score
They don’t want to voice an opinion, they want to impose their feelings.
As their failures with imposition increase so does their frustrations.
It’s what happens when you don’t own a boat.

(That’s a metaphor for being completely self involved due to total immersion into social media and zero physical life experiences)
I like the part "It's what happens when you don't own a boat... :)

bonesfab

Reaction score
The high crime areas generally fall within states that will continue to allow the abortions. I understand your point, but I really don't think it's going to be a problem.

My deal on this is simple. If they handle the abortion early in the pregnancy I can understand that. Not that I think it should be the go to, but there is a part of me that gets the point of their choice to have a kid. Once you start talking late term abortions I'm out with exception to the mothers life being in jeopardy. Still don't like it, but can understand that potential need as well.

All of this is still pretty silly when considering all SCOTUS did was put the choice back in the hands of the states. Abortions aren't going away ever.

I will agree with the late term part of it. But can we make it up to 18 years on some of the pcs of shit.

Reactions: t&y

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but I am extremely concerned for the safety of our justices. If one of them is assassinated (or mysteriously dies) then Biden gets to appoint a new one, and that person will be installed before January. Some whacko may take one for the team, believing he/she is making the world a better place. I wouldn't be surprised to see some wanna-be martyr come out of these two decisions. I hope I'm wrong.
2a will make sure any justice murdered, will not be replaced by the current administration. Just my read on the checks and balances put in place by our founding fathers.

Singleton

Reaction score
2a will make sure any justice murdered, will not be replaced by the current administration. Just my read on the checks and balances put in place by our founding fathers.

What pisses me off is Pelosi approved special security for the Jan 6 committee members, but will not do the same for the SC justices. Total BS, if a SC justice is hurt, I am not sure society will ever be the same. And the DOJ is not even enforcing the laws on the books about SC harassment. This current administration is ruining the America I thought I knew.

530RL

Reaction score
What pisses me off is Pelosi approved special security for the Jan 6 committee members, but will not do the same for the SC justices. Total BS, if a SC justice is hurt, I am not sure society will ever be the same. And the DOJ is not even enforcing the laws on the books about SC harassment. This current administration is ruining the America I thought I knew.
The House and Senate both passed a bill to provide extra security to not only justices but their families a couple weeks ago.

House passed it 396 to 27.

Senate passed it unanimously.

Singleton

Reaction score
The House and Senate both passed a bill to provide extra security to not only justices but their families a couple weeks ago.

House passed it 396 to 27.

Senate passed it unanimously.
Did not see that pass, however my issue with that bill was the term “if the court marshal deems it necessary“ and as of today based on my google search the marshal is under the supervision of Pelosi and has not approved any additional security.

Cdog

Reaction score
I have a friend that is vegan and constantly posts about how wrong it is to kill animals. Now she is posting about how wrong it is to not allow abortions. Makes total sense. Killing animals bad, killing babies ok.

"Friend"

I dropped any of those when the blm say his name shit hit the fan. Buh bye! ✌️

Cdog

Reaction score

They have them for men. LOL! I'd bet this meme is made by men haha!

aP7MYOg_460s.jpg

530RL

Reaction score
Birth control pills are free (I know, nothings really free) it happens to be the only thing that obummer did that I liked. If you have ins they pay it with zero co-pay and if no ins you get it anyway, the government reimburses them. I was hoping that the policy would slow abortions way down and I think that is what obummer was hoping for as well but I was wrong 😔
Great point on expanded birth control.

Unfortunately, take a read Thomas’ concurring opinion and his view on birth control and other “rights” the courts have granted via past decisions.

Thomas specifically outlines that the same legal logic that is applied to overturn Roe, should be used to rehear the 1) right to contraception (Griswold), 2) the right of adults to engage in private sexual acts (Lawrence), and 3) the right to same sex marriage (Obergefell) as all of those cases, and I quote from his opinion, “were demonstrably erroneous decisions”. His written argument is that American individuals should have no right to these other things also. The state should hold that right just as they now do with abortion.

No individual right to abortion, and no individual right to contraception let alone an individual right to whom and how you fuck. The states hold that right and can regulate as they see fit. 🤷🤷

That could make for some interesting social and economic times in America.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Unfortunately, take a read Thomas’ concurring opinion and his view on birth control and other “rights” the courts have granted via past decisions.

Thomas specifically outlines that the same legal logic that is applied to overturn Roe, should be used to rehear the 1) right to contraception (Griswold), 2) the right of adults to engage in private sexual acts (Lawrence), and 3) the right to same sex marriage (Obergefell) as all of those cases, and I quote from his opinion, “were demonstrably erroneous decisions”. His written argument is that American individuals should have no right to these other things also. The state should hold that right just as they now do with abortion.

No individual right to abortion, and no individual right to contraception let alone an individual right to whom and how you fuck. The states hold that right and can regulate as they see fit. 🤷🤷

“His written argument is that American individuals should have no right to these other things also. The state should hold that right just as they now do with abortion.”

Is it? Or is his opinion actually that the Constitution does not contain language that applies to those topics, therefore the SC has/had no current jurisdiction to federally rule on them?

Nice spin though, nice to see you trying again.

Cdog

Reaction score

It's fun to discuss these things. Exercise some thoughts you typically don't get a chance to articulate.

He's right per the Constitution in founding fathers and intent. None of these things were part of the Bill of Rights and constitution. They are products that can be purchased or acts that require other people to acquiesce in order to provide for the person "in need". Example - Gay cake lawsuit and taxpayer-funded birth control.

The slippery slope of activist courts has brought us to a point where words and actions have transparent definitions based on how wackos want to interpret them.

Meanwhile the rest of us "normal people" are standing around wondering what the hell is going on. What you're supposed to call the person who has a 5 o'clock shadow and an Adam's apple wearing a sundress? The screeching of a 300 pound woman with green hair demanding free abortions. HAHA! Freak show!!

At the end of the day if your state wants to recognize certain things that are considered ridiculous in other states you have a choice on whether or not you want to be there and contribute to that culture. Provided of course these issues were not protected via constitutional Bill of Rights. And if you look at it with the intent of having states rights per the founding fathers intent this is exactly what they had in mind although not in this odd way.

The extreme pendulum swings are killing us culturally. More of the founding fathers intent and Less force-feeding of freak show politics and culture would be a good start.

Both sides are guilty of this from the religious right to the side that's holding a gun to my head to purchase over priced healthcare and subsidize the freak show. I'm a libertarian by ethos but conservative in reality. Pragmatically that's the only real choice to keep things afloat. Crony capitalism is still better than communism.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
This is something that has bothered me since it was brought to my attention. A couple years ago we were visiting our son in Oregon. He took us to a fair that had a bunch of farming stuff, so it was in the mostly rural conservative area. There was an anti abortion group there and for some reason it caught our attention. In OR they told us they go up to full term abortions. When the lady explained to us that procedure, I could not believe that someone had the lack of morals to do what is done. It bothers me enough I really hate to include what the procedure is.