WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is happening to Havasu?

samsah33

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they have these at Islander and other places, but I could be wrong. I recall thinking that it was a good place to advertise.
they have them at a lot of places, i get some at the marina when I launch, but be sure to turn them inside out because the blue ink bleeds and rubs off...

Tank0088

Reaction score
Lakewood is now ghetto. Got it. Well then, let me correct my previous post. You know the type. Long beard, shaved head, Irish tattoos. They were blaring too short until 4 am and then told me to put ear plugs in my kid.
It was like I was at the damn concert.
I enjoyed living in Lakewood for a few years. It’s not as ghetto as Havasu on a Saturday. I just moved because it was turning into a neighborhood I didn’t want my kids growing up in.

All this post was about is how ghetto the channel (mainly) has gotten. And as people have said, the pandemic had a lot to do with it and yes there are other places to go to on the lake or river. But even then there will be some one that wants to squeeze into a space that is just to close to mine and my families personnel space.

I know this is my opinion and everyone can have one, and everyone shares theirs in here so I did too.

This response is not directed to anyone specific on here.

riverroyal

Reaction score
For the record....i have not seen one dildo in action at havasu in over 25 years. But the minute you mention havasu to a non boater its the 1st thing they think.

For clarity jbnsocal and grads with dildos doesnt count. Thats every summer.

Maybe we do a rdp beach clean up at the end of summer? Have a party in the ghetto channel after. Drop our collections in a dumpster there.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Used to be the Indians sent a pontoon boat around to collect some trash, but mostly I think it's volunteers from the LH Yacht Club, I know for a long time they were going around following holiday weekends if I recall correctly.
Otherwise, just good folks with trash bags hauling crap off because they care.
The Lake Havasu Marine Association has been doing regular beach clean-up for years with their volunteer members. The Association bought and installed over 75 trash bag posts at popular beaches about ten years ago. Bags are also provided for free at many marine stores, dealerships, launch ramps and Campbell Cove One-Stop. The Association purchases over 100,000 bags annually. Printed advertising on the bags help pay some of the cost of bags and gas for the clean-up boats.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
speaking of ghetto. You guys Target or Walmart peeps?
Where am I? That has a lot to do with it. Home probably going to target. The river, I'm probably going to wally world.

Lumpy

Reaction score
This is what Happened...coupled with Social Media and everyone of you right here and now. The Genie is out of the bottle.

ZE68cph3KRYWeKNgZnQ7j9.jpeg

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
I read pg 1 only. Sorry if this was covered. Our culture is declining. There are many other areas, mostly in the south east that have better boating. Not the lake itself but everything else. I bitch about surf boats fucking up the weekend water...but no raider nation. Make a move for a better life.

On my lake, Rick Hendrick runs his 34 MTI with 450’s...so it’s not just pontoons

DWC

Reaction score
Damn no Spanish music or thongs?

My wife will be along shortly to tell you how women love to dance to reggaeton music and that she's not going to stop wearing thongs because she works out too damn hard to wear some granny panties at the lake 🤣

Then I will stand behind her and tell you that I also like the dancing and thongs combined 😁
I fully respect and appreciate your wife’s decisions. 😬

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I am with you man, this year has definitely felt different from your standpoint. We had a similar situation a couple trips back. Beached all by ourselves on the north side of Channel by the bathrooms, next to The Heat. A boat comes rolling up and next thing you know, their little thugs are squirting our boats and even my friends husband in his back while he sat in his boat. If that wasn't enough, we all felt like we were getting a contact high as the weed was on all sides of us. In the water, on the beach and in their boat. Needless to say, we packed up and left.

Like they do in regular life, they have no manners and don't care about anyone else. This past weekend should be the last of the shit show since school is starting again.

Looking forward to heading out in a couple weeks to get some boating in before Labor Day.
Well when someone brings too tall and dj who ever to play here in Havasu. did anybody think their people wouldn't follow. Just like the 90's when snoop and biggie showed up....

DWC

Reaction score
Well when someone brings too tall and dj who ever to play here in Havasu. did anybody think their people wouldn't follow. Just like the 90's when snoop and biggie showed up....
So, you’re saying it’s his fault? 😉

DECADFA4-9CFB-4EEA-AA0C-3A25E8D005D3.jpeg

JB in so cal

Reaction score
For the record....i have not seen one dildo in action at havasu in over 25 years. But the minute you mention havasu to a non boater its the 1st thing they think.

For clarity jbnsocal and grads with dildos doesnt count. Thats every summer.

Maybe we do a rdp beach clean up at the end of summer? Have a party in the ghetto channel after. Drop our collections in a dumpster there.
Fag

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A guy got stabbed at the sand bar 20ish years ago causing the weekend closures.

I was 8-10 years old watching girls 69 while a crowd cheered.

The lake didn’t change, you guys just got older.

Biggie held a concert in copper canyon. People were banging on the top decks of the house boats lol.

Actually I believe there was some kinda drive by shooting?? From a boat?

As far as this thread.. a little bit of irony, back in 2001 I started a thread called “trouble at the river” (same content as this thread)

Which is where OP6C came from, which in someway is what is responsible for rdp today.. lol

The ghetto flies come and go.. they won’t be here much longer when the economy turns..

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I blame riverwhips....LOL
I hate to say it but at the Needles/Jack Smith launch ramp, it’s 90% the guys with the RW decals on the truck boat and trailer that take thirty minutes to launch or retrieve and then park under the no parking sign to wipe their boats off, there’s a full lack of common courtesy.
Sunday had an ass clown in a pile of shit pontoon hit the back of my boat as he was pulling out. They said “sorry” to my wife then took off. I get down there she tells me, I’m like wtf run them down and their only defense was that didn’t “hit” my boat they only “bumped” my boat, and “we both said sorry🤣” well sorry doesn’t fix a scratch you worthless pile of shit! Had he stayed I’d have just blown it off but when he ran well that’s when i said nope. So got his registration from side of boat and turned into the authorities. They said they’ll be on it we’ll see but yea people suck, why we try to only go out Sunday afternoon through Thursday.

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
But I “like” the Channel.
Yea well now people that want to enjoy the scenery etc of the channel are supposed to stay out according to some, because the douche bag losers are ruining it. No sorry it’s not the need for more laws but sometimes we need the laws to be enforced to alleviate the real issue at hand, before we have more LA Chicago and New York locales across the country.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’d start by pulling all the party barge permits and stop promoting Too Short type concerts….
The concert has nothing to do with the trash in the channel in my opinion, however those party barges seem to always be populated by a bunch or should we just say 2 dozen ass wipes acting a fool. Thought there was something about the lack of licensing or something someone figured out about these floats.

Taboma

Reaction score
The Lake Havasu Marine Association has been doing regular beach clean-up for years with their volunteer members. The Association bought and installed over 75 trash bag posts at popular beaches about ten years ago. Bags are also provided for free at many marine stores, dealerships, launch ramps and Campbell Cove One-Stop. The Association purchases over 100,000 bags annually. Printed advertising on the bags help pay some of the cost of bags and gas for the clean-up boats.
Thanks for that informative correction.
I know your media company (Media Directions) is responsible for promoting and staging the Lake Havasu Boat Show. Read of some of their lobbying efforts, but otherwise knowing almost nothing else about this association, I sought out and found their website.

Of course I recognized many of the names of those serving the various committees, and the sponsors list, as well as just who comprises this organization. I now have a much better understanding just how the lhma represents the interests of area boaters and the lake (Havasu) in general.
As one example, I had no idea they were responsible for installing and maintaining so many buoys, especially those along the California side that cost many boaters a prop or three in the past, Bravo 👏

If like me, you realize how little you know about this active organization, I encourage you to take a few minutes, I found it interesting.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
The concert has nothing to do with the trash in the channel in my opinion, however those party barges seem to always be populated by a bunch or should we just say 2 dozen ass wipes acting a fool. Thought there was something about the lack of licensing or something someone figured out about these floats.
If I was LHC King and wanted those things gone, I would establish some new requirements when the permits came due for renewal.

1.) You must provide a restroom for each unit. An outhouse is fine, but it must be cleaned daily and sized appropriately for the number of people on the barge.
2.) You are responsible for trash removal. The city will not provide free trash services for your capitalistic venture.
3.) Like many other businesses, you must make your business ADA compliant.
4.) You will be held responsible for damages to city property caused by your customers
5.) You are expected to educate your customers on city ordinances, including public intoxication, underage drinking, obscenity, and noise.
6.) you must have a USCG-approved life jacket for each occupant on the barge at all times.
7.) You must post a bond to cover the city from liability for any and all actions including recovery of funds from violation of any of the above-mentioned regulations.

As King of this here castle, I make it so.
Signed The King.

schweeng

Reaction score
Soooooo..... I have a place at the Islander. About two years ago a couple fully tattooed ( like head to toe) moved in across the street. You always wonder or think ok... what is this going to be like, right?
I'm 53 and vanilla white :) the saying don't judge a book by the cover has never been so true. This couple may look ghetto or mean or trouble or whatever has been written above but they are NOTHING but. We have become very good friends, both work super hard everyday with real jobs and incomes. II have breakfast often at their house, I'm traveling with them to Key West this year and in two weeks doing the Big Cat Poker run with them. Yes, they have a real nice DCB and ton of other expensive toys that they have earned again through very hard work.

I get the changes in Havasu - I see stuff all the time but please don't rush to judgement..... My friends across the street help make my weekends in Havasu fun!

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
💯
I can’t stand the smell. It makes me wanna hurl. It’s really kinda rude IMO. I have no problem if you wanna burn your brain out, but can’t you do it away from others that don’t wanna get a contact high from your bullshit? Seriously!
this and the same for cigarettes

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Actually I believe there was some kinda drive by shooting?? From a boat?

As far as this thread.. a little bit of irony, back in 2001 I started a thread called “trouble at the river” (same content as this thread)

Which is where OP6C came from, which in someway is what is responsible for rdp today.. lol

The ghetto flies come and go.. they won’t be here much longer when the economy turns..
there was 2 shootings, 1 stabbing, 1 fist fight resulting in death. I was there for all of it.

the last shooting was a drive by. it was intended for the cops there. They shot over 50 rounds and only 1 hit 1 boat. The first shooting someone walked over to their boat and pulled a handgun out of the glovebox and fired 3-4 shots in the air. didnt aim at anyone.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
A few years back I took my GF at the time to the bluewater w/ her 3 pre-teen kids. 2 girls & the oldest a boy.
TOTALLY sheltered kids, family from Utah, as straight-laced as they come.
One day we decided to hang out on that beach in front of bluewater (mistake) . . . and here they come . . .
A bote-lode of a freak-show. W/O going into the stereo-types (you can imagine) . . . it was 3-4 mid 20's young gals w/ 2-3 dudes.
They beached their barely running rig right next to us . . . no biggie.
The kids however completely STOPPED what they were doing and could do nothing but stare at the young gals. 😆
Then on comes the tunes, cranked to ten with every other word a F or C or D or S, or C, or B . . . you get the point.
Then out comes some weird science project looking Huka-Pipe / Glass Contraption and it's instant 'Weed Fog Machine'.
Then out comes the 'Beer Stick' thing that compresses a beer down your throat. Eh Boy . . .
Kids still staring w/ their jaws dropped, as me and their Mom are packing up as fast as we can.
The dude's are now starting to give me the stink-eye cause after the 5th time telling them not to stare, they simply couldn't ! 🤣

We got out of there un-scathed . . . the kids a little traumatized, but otherwise fine.

The thing that strikes Me, is when you roll that way (not my gig, but to each is own) it's like the people lose any sense that their floating freak show might be a buzz-kill for others. (especially families with young kids).
Maybe things have taken such a turn for the worse in society, that they HOPE they offend others so they'll leave. Who knows.

Toolman

Reaction score
I’ve been spending more time down at the beach. Newport Harbor, Alamitos Bay. Yes, the salt water is hard on the boat and hard on the trailer. But the gangsters don’t go down there that much because there’s plenty of law-enforcement. We have the fire department, we have Homeland security with their gunboats, and we have the harbor patrol. If my wife hangs one leg over the side of the boat while we’re moving we’re getting a tooted horn from one of those law-enforcement agencies. They are constantly pulling up alongside other boats to check for lifejackets and alcohol. And there is nowhere to beach your boat. I admit, it’s nothing like being at the river. But it’s only a one hour tow from my home and there’s plenty of restaurants and bars to stop off at and have a good meal and it’s fairly quiet. You can also see how the rich people live🤓

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I’ve been spending more time down at the beach. Newport Harbor, Alamitos Bay. Yes, the salt water is hard on the boat and hard on the trailer. But the gangsters don’t go down there that much because there’s plenty of law-enforcement. We have the fire department, we have Homeland security with their gunboats, and we have the harbor patrol. If my wife hangs one leg over the side of the boat while we’re moving we’re getting a tooted horn from one of those law-enforcement agencies. They are constantly pulling up alongside other boats to check for lifejackets and alcohol. And there is nowhere to beach your boat. I admit, it’s nothing like being at the river. But it’s only a one hour tow from my home and there’s plenty of restaurants and bars to stop off at and have a good meal and it’s fairly quiet. You can also see how the rich people live🤓
Just a quick tip, in case you're not already doing it.
After you launch and before you park your rig, head over to the wash-down rack and hose down your trailer with fresh water before you park it, so it's not baking in the sun soaked in saltwater.
You'll be amazed at how much it saves the trailer/ springs/ wheels etc. from rust. 👍

Taboma

Reaction score
Just a quick tip, in case you're not already doing it.
After you launch and before you park your rig, head over to the wash-down rack and hose down your trailer with fresh water before you park it, so it's not baking in the sun soaked in saltwater.
You'll be amazed at how much it saves the trailer/ springs/ wheels etc. from rust. 👍
Tip # 2, get an open "C" channel trailer for salt use, any tube trailer will more than likely rot from the inside out unless you rig some fresh water flush capability which will at least prolong the inevitable.

HotRod82

Reaction score
A guy got stabbed at the sand bar 20ish years ago causing the weekend closures.

I was 8-10 years old watching girls 69 while a crowd cheered.

The lake didn’t change, you guys just got older.

Biggie held a concert in copper canyon. People were banging on the top decks of the house boats lol.
AKA the good ol days......lol.
Life was great for a young single guy back then....

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
there was 2 shootings, 1 stabbing, 1 fist fight resulting in death. I was there for all of it.

the last shooting was a drive by. it was intended for the cops there. They shot over 50 rounds and only 1 hit 1 boat. The first shooting someone walked over to their boat and pulled a handgun out of the glovebox and fired 3-4 shots in the air. didnt aim at anyone.

Listen, getting shot with a super soaker and being forced to listen to gangster rap because their stereo is better than yours is a way bigger problem. The river is much more dangerous than it was 25 years ago.

Riverryder

Reaction score
Listen, getting shot with a super soaker and being forced to listen to gangster rap because their stereo is better than yours is a way bigger problem. The river is much more dangerous than it was 25 years ago.

Not to mention the dam dildo saws/ people having sex are so much better for children/ women to see then having to smell weed from a boat over? Haha

Sometimes I wonder if the know it alls even think when they post stuff? Haha

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Recall after the Sandbar drive by shooting, reportedly LE quickly closed down all the launch ramps from the Sandbar down to the dam. The boat was never found. Did they scuttle/sink the boat? Actually, we were at Black Meadow when the drive by occurred. That launch ramp wasn’t shut down. So, the reported actions of LE is an exaggeration. But, the drive by did happen.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not to mention the dam dildo saws/ people having sex are so much better for children/ women to see then having to smell weed from a boat over? Haha

Sometimes I wonder if the know it alls even think when they post stuff? Haha

Its just because it wasn't a problem when it was them doing it.

RDP Member Circa 1995 - "I tow my 17' jetbote with my Ford 5.0 Mustang at 90PMH on Rice Rd. with a road soda, 5 people in the car and no seatbelt"

Same member today - "I tow my jetski with my F450 at 54 MPH through Eherenberg. Anyone that has a smaller tow vehicle or drives faster is a menace to society. The river will be there when I get there."

Tank0088

Reaction score
Soooooo..... I have a place at the Islander. About two years ago a couple fully tattooed ( like head to toe) moved in across the street. You always wonder or think ok... what is this going to be like, right?
I'm 53 and vanilla white :) the saying don't judge a book by the cover has never been so true. This couple may look ghetto or mean or trouble or whatever has been written above but they are NOTHING but. We have become very good friends, both work super hard everyday with real jobs and incomes. II have breakfast often at their house, I'm traveling with them to Key West this year and in two weeks doing the Big Cat Poker run with them. Yes, they have a real nice DCB and ton of other expensive toys that they have earned again through very hard work.

I get the changes in Havasu - I see stuff all the time but please don't rush to judgement..... My friends across the street help make my weekends in Havasu fun!
I totally agree. I have nothing against people with tattoos. But the “ghetto” people with tattoos in the channel have their, street #, city, every baby momma listed, their prison release date, and some portrait of who knows what.

Did your neighbors use to have a gray Eliminator and just recently bought a DCB?

Riverryder

Reaction score
Did your neighbors use to have a gray interceptor and just recently bought a DCB?

Fixed**

You don’t Think he might have his wives name tattooed on him or where’s he’s from? Does that make him a “ghetto”? He sure dresses like the people you keep describing Or does he get a pass because he has a DCB?
(he does have SD tattooed on his stomach)

Bernie from epic has Las Vegas tattoos on his stomach does that make him ghetto? Or does he get a pass too?

Last edited:

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I totally agree. I have nothing against people with tattoos. But the “ghetto” people with tattoos in the channel have their, street #, city, every baby momma listed, their prison release date, and some portrait of who knows what.

Did your neighbors use to have a gray Eliminator and just recently bought a DCB?

FK me again...I have most of those tattoos as well and so does my wife...I guess I just must be ghetto...lol

download1.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
A few years back I took my GF at the time to the bluewater w/ her 3 pre-teen kids. 2 girls & the oldest a boy.
TOTALLY sheltered kids, family from Utah, as straight-laced as they come.
One day we decided to hang out on that beach in front of bluewater (mistake) . . . and here they come . . .
A bote-lode of a freak-show. W/O going into the stereo-types (you can imagine) . . . it was 3-4 mid 20's young gals w/ 2-3 dudes.
They beached their barely running rig right next to us . . . no biggie.
The kids however completely STOPPED what they were doing and could do nothing but stare at the young gals. 😆
Then on comes the tunes, cranked to ten with every other word a F or C or D or S, or C, or B . . . you get the point.
Then out comes some weird science project looking Huka-Pipe / Glass Contraption and it's instant 'Weed Fog Machine'.
Then out comes the 'Beer Stick' thing that compresses a beer down your throat. Eh Boy . . .
Kids still staring w/ their jaws dropped, as me and their Mom are packing up as fast as we can.
The dude's are now starting to give me the stink-eye cause after the 5th time telling them not to stare, they simply couldn't ! 🤣

We got out of there un-scathed . . . the kids a little traumatized, but otherwise fine.

The thing that strikes Me, is when you roll that way (not my gig, but to each is own) it's like the people lose any sense that their floating freak show might be a buzz-kill for others. (especially families with young kids).
Maybe things have taken such a turn for the worse in society, that they HOPE they offend others so they'll leave. Who knows.

Maybe your straight laced vanilla freak show was a buzz kill for them. 🤣

Neither party had more or less of a right to be there.