WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Does your boat define you? I bought another boat.. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I was kinda thinking the other night over a few beers.. and I’m reading that thread that now turned into tattoos and how some people prejudge others with certain kinds of ink..

Well in my rabbit hole of thought I started thinking back to the old hotboat days and how all the guys from cars and tunnels hung out with each other.. and the v drive guys etc..

Nowadays it seems like the DCB clan sticks together and the MTI guys kinda go there own way.. the tradition 23-28 MCOB guys are all kinda together..

Weirdly as passionate about boats as I always have been I never really let a boat define me, or define someone else to me.. I hang out with guys with flats, v drives, outboards.. big turbo stuff, blown shit, naturally aspirated.. cats, flats, pontoons, open bows, closed bows, even whalers and fish rigs.

I think the biggest question I ever have is “does it run? And is the beer cold? Lol.

Anyhow that brings me to the boat I bought.. I guarantee you have never seen one before.. I know I haven’t, and even my friends that are BW experts were like “wtf? Never seen one of those before!” Lol.

Ever seen an Small block IO Boston Whaler? It’s actually a pretty cool little boat and doesn’t have the typical BW lines.

I’m a little torn on what to do with it.
Do I just sell it and make a little bit? (6,500 if you are wondering)
Do I take a que from @DaytonaBabe and just keep it as a “fuck it” boat?
Do I have the interior redone in Mexican blankets and pour some money into it but make it ghetto fabulous?
Do I pull the motor and put some power in this biatch and make it a BW sleeper that runs low 70’s or more?

Will you judge me if you see me in it? Will you still be my friend? Lol
65C48085-4D73-403F-9CBB-776785817702.jpeg
A1340B23-3D10-4F11-86A1-5861D78B401E.jpeg
8BA3CCDC-E08A-4A24-B684-5C398D6549D6.jpeg
F22E872E-CE6C-404C-8EFC-29BA1F93BE4D.jpeg
4DC3B67B-AEC0-44CD-A50D-E162D6D68C1D.jpeg
5618F63C-2842-49EF-9135-D56194867B33.jpeg
9F807D69-8D39-4AF8-A055-1A4FFF0CC03C.jpeg
57C5F6F4-B6C5-415F-B405-84A4F233C148.jpeg
E5BB7C95-67E8-4ECB-83F9-1A95184E35B5.jpeg
71A40DDF-FF13-4BA1-92F6-DA5900A7240A.jpeg

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Triple axle trailer, $50K sound system for a start then work up to the Indian blankets and big ass cooler. 👍

B.S. aside, that is a nice rig to train the kids and do some skiing with them.

Ultra...Good

Reaction score
Only a 2 axle trailer? I don't know. Depends on who else is around, really.

Just kidding. Do what you want with it and screw what anyone else thinks. It is an old tub, but I like it.

Groper

Reaction score
SICK 👍
When we were kids we skied behind a Thunderbird day and night that looked very similar to that Whaler back in the 70's lol

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Interesting boat. It seems you have an affinity for boats done in shades of maroon and gray. Not that there's anything wrong with that . . . . So do I.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That thing is rad. Everyone needs a 'fuck it' boat. That's my vote!
Someday I hope to have a shiny big time boat. For now though, I own two "fuck it buckets"...they are, and always will be, the family landing crafts. Drinks are cold, food is good, and no worries about rinsing feet.
Cheetos and Dorrito fingers still get rinsed before entry...I have my limits 😂

Javajoe

Reaction score
Reminds me of a Rat Rod with the flat sleek look

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You buy and sell boats like socks nobody here including you have any fucking clue what you will do. But I say clean it up a bit and keep it.

I don’t buy and sell that many boats.. I usually keep them.

I have had the toon for a year.. before that I had my hallet for like three or four years?

I have that mini Daytona / toon & now this..

Taboma

Reaction score
A rare one for sure, never seen one and never knew they made them, seems CML Group was testing different markets.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What engine?

Small block Chevy Merc package.. I am assuming it’s a 260. Honestly I haven’t looked yet.

had a friend pick it up for me when we were out roaming in the rv. I might run it tomorrow. :)

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Just keep in mind you’re RD and no one in the boating community or Havasu, that knows you, treat you like “everyone else.” My point is your perceptions of how you define people with boats and they define you are unlike most everyone else

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Could be a 305, either way it will be a fun boat.

JD D05

Reaction score
I don’t buy and sell that many boats.. I usually keep them.

I have had the toon for a year.. before that I had my hallet for like three or four years?

I have that mini Daytona / toon & now this..
Ya I guess I assumed more.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I guarantee most people on your site, would judge you, although they say they won't, if you were not "Riverdave" and you tried pulling up next to one of them...they will give you the stink eye...lol

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Stay away from any vessel with a Merc 488 engine. They are instruments of the devil.

Jay Dub

Reaction score
looks like a fun boat. Clean it up a little bit but don't go wild. enjoy it. Then one day pass it on family that will run her for years.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guarantee most people on your site, would judge you, although they say they won't, if you were not "Riverdave" and you tried pulling up next to one of them...they will give you the stink eye...lol

We get the 'aww, well, at least they're out on the water' looks from people. Makes me laugh and enjoy it even more. I know we have a nice boat back at our place too and I get to stay on the water longer because we don't have to wipe it down! Guess it all depends on how much you care what other people think.... which, I don't. Lol

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
We get the 'aww, well, at least they're out on the water' looks from people. Makes me laugh and enjoy it even more. I know we have a nice boat back at our place too and I get to stay on the water longer because we don't have to wipe it down! Guess it all depends on how much you care what other people think.... which, I don't. Lol

One thing I’d add.... the lower river is a very different crowd as to compared with Havasu. much more laid back and relaxed. Certainly not the keep up with the Joneses crowd. It’s a huge plus for being on the LR for sure.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

You know the last three people I walked up to wearing rdp gear didn’t know I owned it, and I didn’t tell them I did.. lol

I said nice shirt! They look at my hat and say “oh you shop there too? I love there clothes”. Lol

Just keep in mind you’re RD and no one in the boating community or Havasu, that knows you, treat you like “everyone else.” My point is your perceptions of how you define people with boats and they define you are unlike most everyone else

I am not sure what you guys think happens when I’m around town and on boats, but I can tell you it isn’t, in reality, what your posts are making it sound like.. lol. I’m just another dude on the lake and around town.. I’m not Tony from DCB or anything like that.. that guy has the looks and the connects! @Tony DCB Boats lol

LhcBrad

Reaction score
Keep it and have a blast with it. These boats are bullet proof!!!

RichL

Reaction score
Grew up on the east coast before moving inland. Never seen that model before.
Sell it to Tank.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
The wide bow and step sharp entry will probably make that a good Havasu boat. Only thing I would is make a filler pad for the bow so you can take a nape, mild tunes, maybe black out the windshield frame and tint.

Hoodoo

Reaction score
I thought my neighbor had the weirdest looking boat, but I think you got him beat.

Attachments

• 5C8E424F-2D53-4EA0-90B1-368AB9A8E9E2.jpeg
    5C8E424F-2D53-4EA0-90B1-368AB9A8E9E2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 102

schweeng

Reaction score
Gonna give you a pass cause I have a really good friend who is also named Dave.....

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Drink beer, have fun, let the kids rage it, put it in salt water and go explore new lakes and rivers. Fuck It Boat!

Doesn't mean you can't personalize it and make it your own,,, Mechanical before bling...

Be the cool guy that tows the broken hot rod boats in,,,

JayBreww

Reaction score
The blankets are called “Drug Rugs”
This things needs em and it’s name should be “Coyote”

It kinda has the front lines of a newer style Roll Bar bote.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Dave, we already judge you - this boat won't change that.

:D

I sported the 21 year old original Cobalt at hooky day a few years ago. Was unofficially the slowest boat on the run. Napanut was with me and a buddy. We had fun, just at a slower pace than everyone else.
I have little to no shame. Run what you brung.

GreenEnergy28

Reaction score
I swear I saw that boat this morning around 6am headed north on the 15. The giant rails on the bow had me scratching my head....

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
No RD, a boat does not define me. Boating defines me in general. My goal is to get on the water a least a couple of days a week. I steal my boys inflatable and rip around the harbor sometimes. I try to boat when we travel as well. It is pretty funny the way people treat or act depending on what type of boat you are running.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No RD, a boat does not define me. Boating defines me in general. My goal is to get on the water a least a couple of days a week. I steal my boys inflatable and rip around the harbor sometimes. I try to boat when we travel as well. It is pretty funny the way people treat or act depending on what type of boat you are running.

Lol.. see that’s the thing I always treat everyone the same. I never cared what someone is running. I Just care if they aren’t white or have tattoos.. lol. (It’s a joke lighten up people)

Tank

Reaction score
I still say you take it directly to the marina and slip it. Leave it. Put gas in it and use it. Kids are getting older, they'll be able to run it soon 'nuff. In the meantime, you want to go float on the lake and jump in the water? Run to the springs or up to Pirates without launching and shit. Drive over to the marina and jump in. "fuck it" boat is perfect. Things got a cool vibe to it which is a plus as well. I wouldn't dump a penny into it except to get it serviced, put some tunes in it and slip it up. Done and done.