WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Does your boat define you? I bought another boat.. lol

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Boston Whalers are really great boats. I know you've owned some really amazing boats, but for what this is you did extremely well. You may even have more fun with it as you won't be concerned with every little nick or bump.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'm a self admitted Whaler Dork and I've never seen that model either.
I think there was a 'similar' one called a Ventura or something along those lines.
Yours appears to be an 18 Outrage Hull, with a deck cap . . . (could be wrong).
Cool and unique . . . be interesting to hear how it handles with that power . . . a dry 18 Outrage hull only weighs 1200 Lbs.

One thing will be interesting is if they used the same size fuel tank as the 18 Outrage, it's 62 gallons !
We only keep about a 1/4 tank of fuel in our 18 Outrage cause we usually do short local trips and no need to lug around 40 extra gallons of fuel weight.

Nice find, hope it works out for You !

DWC

Reaction score
No RD, a boat does not define me. Boating defines me in general. My goal is to get on the water a least a couple of days a week. I steal my boys inflatable and rip around the harbor sometimes. I try to boat when we travel as well. It is pretty funny the way people treat or act depending on what type of boat you are running.
It’s very interesting. The number of people that wave at you when you cruise by in a twin OB toon vs single OB toon is pretty funny.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Ya Only get a ski Cruiser like that! .... If'n you're feel'n your age! :D

Weirdly as passionate about boats as I always have been I never really let a boat define me, or define someone else to me.. I hang out with guys with flats, v drives, outboards.. big turbo stuff, blown shit, naturally aspirated.. cats, flats, pontoons, open bows, closed bows, even whalers and fish rigs.
^^^ But notice there be NO River Jets or Jet Boats!^^^ 😆

.... Plus having a PNW boat down here Just makes me a loaner! .... Even if it is the Coolest! 🤣

But seriously! .... I'd only Judge those in Wave Tractors!! 😉

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Keep it and run it . Maybe put some big power and some tunes in it down the road . I like the idea of a " fuck it " boat .....

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I am going to start looking for the boat I had when I was 16. 18 FT Checkmate glitter blue with glitter pink, purple and silver. MERC Black MAX 250 OB. My wife might not let the boys drive it but I think she will come around.

BajaT

Reaction score
😲

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220805-152142_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220805-152142_Chrome.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 54

nameisbond

Reaction score
I've seen these Whaler's before. Dealer had one in the showroom when my dad bought his Whaler new in 1984/5 time frame.

2Driver

Reaction score
I like it, cool boat, huge belly fuel tank. I guess they were marketed for off shore or bigger water fishing.

I bet it cleans up super nice. I’d check it over for surprises then go run it and figure it out from there.
Be surprised if the through exhaust is stock.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
So I was kinda thinking the other night over a few beers.. and I’m reading that thread that now turned into tattoos and how some people prejudge others with certain kinds of ink..

Well in my rabbit hole of thought I started thinking back to the old hotboat days and how all the guys from cars and tunnels hung out with each other.. and the v drive guys etc..

Nowadays it seems like the DCB clan sticks together and the MTI guys kinda go there own way.. the tradition 23-28 MCOB guys are all kinda together..

Weirdly as passionate about boats as I always have been I never really let a boat define me, or define someone else to me.. I hang out with guys with flats, v drives, outboards.. big turbo stuff, blown shit, naturally aspirated.. cats, flats, pontoons, open bows, closed bows, even whalers and fish rigs.

I think the biggest question I ever have is “does it run? And is the beer cold? Lol.

Anyhow that brings me to the boat I bought.. I guarantee you have never seen one before.. I know I haven’t, and even my friends that are BW experts were like “wtf? Never seen one of those before!” Lol.

Ever seen an Small block IO Boston Whaler? It’s actually a pretty cool little boat and doesn’t have the typical BW lines.

I’m a little torn on what to do with it.
Do I just sell it and make a little bit? (6,500 if you are wondering)
Do I take a que from @DaytonaBabe and just keep it as a “fuck it” boat?
Do I have the interior redone in Mexican blankets and pour some money into it but make it ghetto fabulous?
Do I pull the motor and put some power in this biatch and make it a BW sleeper that runs low 70’s or more?

Will you judge me if you see me in it? Will you still be my friend? Lol View attachment 1143472 View attachment 1143473 View attachment 1143474 View attachment 1143475 View attachment 1143476 View attachment 1143477 View attachment 1143478 View attachment 1143479 View attachment 1143480 View attachment 1143481
Damn...looks like RE sales really did tank!!!! guess it's hold on to your hats and tighten your belt...

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I keep telling the wife that I want a boat that I don’t care about. Would be willing to have one the looks like crap bit totally reliable. DB & James boat rocks and to see the HIC sticker front center makes me smile each time it is posted.

Riley1

Reaction score
Answer to the thread title. kinda. lol

Answer to the second to last question. Yes.

To the last question. Maybe.

🤣 😂 😜

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
So I was kinda thinking the other night over a few beers.. and I’m reading that thread that now turned into tattoos and how some people prejudge others with certain kinds of ink..

Well in my rabbit hole of thought I started thinking back to the old hotboat days and how all the guys from cars and tunnels hung out with each other.. and the v drive guys etc..

Nowadays it seems like the DCB clan sticks together and the MTI guys kinda go there own way.. the tradition 23-28 MCOB guys are all kinda together..

I think the biggest question I ever have is “does it run? And is the beer cold? Lol.

Anyhow that brings me to the boat I bought.. I guarantee you have never seen one before.. I know I haven’t, and even my friends that are BW experts were like “wtf? Never seen one of those before!” Lol.

Ever seen an Small block IO Boston Whaler? It’s actually a pretty cool little boat and doesn’t have the typical BW lines.

I’m a little torn on what to do with it.
Do I just sell it and make a little bit? (6,500 if you are wondering)
Do I take a que from @DaytonaBabe and just keep it as a “fuck it” boat?
Do I have the interior redone in Mexican blankets and pour some money into it but make it ghetto fabulous?
Do I pull the motor and put some power in this biatch and make it a BW sleeper that runs low 70’s or more?

Will you judge me if you see me in it? Will you still be my friend? Lol View attachment 1143472 View attachment 1143473 View attachment 1143474 View attachment 1143475 View attachment 1143476 View attachment 1143477 View attachment 1143478 View attachment 1143479 View attachment 1143480 View attachment 1143481

before I make a decision, what are your pronouns??

HST4ME

Reaction score
dibs on the transom saver....

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I had no idea an I/O whaler was a thing. And I absolutely LOVE IT! That being said, I don’t think you are capable of owning a beater, lol. Even your “junk” is clean AF with a huge stereo and custom trailer. Lol

Singleton

Reaction score
It’s very interesting. The number of people that wave at you when you cruise by in a twin OB toon vs single OB toon is pretty funny.
I wave at all when passing. How I grew up boating :)
Flip the bird and yell at those that come within 50’ of my kids on the tube and wakeboard when in Havasu water. Some asshole on Wednesday thought riding my wake with my daughter 20’ in front of him on a tube was a good thing. I ended up stopping and did not move for 5 minutes until he figured out I was not moving until he left.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I bought an I don’t give a fuck boat. It’s been on my dock 7 weeks out of the 8 I’ve owned it. We use it almost every day. Now my Schiadas can get some TLC and a break.
D9110C46-8813-477A-9609-4D92B781591D.jpeg
7CA0DAE0-CD72-4DE3-8542-66BF1ED6C9D4.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
I wave at all when passing. How I grew up boating :)
Flip the bird and yell at those that come within 50’ of my kids on the tube and wakeboard when in Havasu water. Some asshole on Wednesday thought riding my wake with my daughter 20’ in front of him on a tube was a good thing. I ended up stopping and did not move for 5 minutes until he figured out I was not moving until he left.
Same here. Must be an old Jeep habit. It’s kinda sad how many people look away and don’t acknowledge depending on the boat.

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Good for you Dave. I would definitely classify you as a boat guy. It’s more than okay to buy and float various types of boats. To limit yourself to v drives, jets, cats, deep Vs, toons, or even brands, is essentially limiting boat fun. It’s clear that this can be had in a ton of different varieties..

I’ve had a few myself and am now actively looking for our next which will be our 8th. While I’ve essentially given up on the thought of a Center Console (just too expensive), I’m only limiting myself to something a bit bigger this time..

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Interesting concept having a “fuck it boat”. But my question is why can’t someone have a nice boat and treat it like a “fuck it boat”? I don’t get that whole living in a museum thing, when I see people afraid to use nice shit they own, I always thing they have a hot wife they don’t bang either. 😂

Just sayin👅

DWC

Reaction score
Ever tried waving at a bass boat in the off season?😁
Nope, steer clear, way clear. Dad had a 12’ fiberglass fishing boat with a small OB growing up. Still remember jackballs cruising by. Didn’t want them messing up the fishing or the ride that followed. 😬

attitude

Reaction score
Nope, steer clear, way clear. Dad had a 12’ fiberglass fishing boat with a small OB growing up. Still remember jackballs cruising by. Didn’t want them messing up the fishing or the ride that followed. 😬
The snowbirds who drive them through the channel don’t wave back to the “performance boaters” at least that’s my experience lol.

Reactions: DWC

Whalergtx

Reaction score
I just bought the same boat last week in Cornwall uk. It’s got a omc cobra 5.8L Ford V8. Fuck all info about them, built from 1982-1986. Fun boat for Helford river.
621647F5-09DB-4763-B802-C3DF9525048A.jpeg
2B685EAE-93E6-4B00-8566-9BEB472305F9.jpeg
ED91AFCC-6AE2-4278-B1B6-BEE5049BEB25.jpeg
1060338A-E775-4B43-A985-DD7722B2E470.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: