WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good Things About Havasu

GPR721

Reaction score
Was reading through the other post about "What happened to to Havasu" and got me thinking about how great its been here so far. I've only been here full time for just under two months, but this place is amazing to me.
My dog Brady and I moved here in June about a mile up from Sara Park. Pretty much every morning we walk down to the dog park and back.
Not much grass around here for him to run around on so I take him to the one by the house and the canal most days.
We've done a few hikes in Sara Park and the views from Table Rock and the cove after you go through the Crack are awesome.
IMG_3380.JPG

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

Bought a boat the first weekend and Rivera Marina opened up a couple weeks before we got here so that made launching super easy.
Forth of July weekend we were on the water from the garage in about 20 minutes and weekday evening launches are even faster than that.
IMG_3530.JPG

IMG_3541.JPG

PHEU0822.JPG

July kind of sucked because I ended up blowing up my boat and getting COVID the same weekend.
Be careful of the women you invite to your house for the weekend and where you buy your gas. :)
HTOX5971.JPEG

Bought a backup boat mostly for the motor in case my Carrera motor was going to take awhile to rebuild.
Ended up finding a good motor builder and an awesome/reasonable mechanic that lived in the neighborhood.
So I'm having a 540 motor build since the parts are available and keeping this second boat to run down in Blythe and to have a backup.
HJMH8426.JPG

IMG_3846.JPG

Last weekend we did the Optics Helo Topock Gorge tour, best $200 spent. The flight up through the gorge is incredible.

ATPZ1619.JPG

AOVN9273.JPG

IMG_8947.JPG

And the canal, we walk that probably 5-6 times a week in the evening to the other dog park. Of course there are the boats with the loud ass music playing.
Usually the Kicker pontoon and last Friday the Patron boat, but for the most part its pretty peaceful.
Since this past Monday, guess school started or something, there has hardly been any boats parked in the canal in the evening.
IMG_4230.JPG

IMG_4099.JPG

IMG_3865.JPG

IMG_4335.JPG

Sure there are a few things not so great here, like the freaking stop lights that take for ever and who decided to put Lowes, HD and Walmart out in the middle of nowhere.
All in all super happy we moved here and can't wait for fall to get here and get my boat back.

Attachments

• IMG_4328.JPG
    IMG_4328.JPG
    985 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2175.JPG
    IMG_2175.JPG
    437.9 KB · Views: 72
  • PHEU0822.JPG
    PHEU0822.JPG
    522.1 KB · Views: 68

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
We are only in LHC for the winter, last year being our first. I've been excited to return since we left.

Lot's of reasons we love it there. Some of it might be a midlife crisis thing since we have such fond memories of the Colorado River from our younger days.

The biggest attraction for me is sitting by the lake in the morning and listening to those noisy river birds. I love watching the sunrise and hearing those birds with coffee.

We've made so many friends in our community as well. There is no shortage of fun things to do, and after traveling around a lot the last year, I can say, for the most part, it has been the easiest to make friends in LHC.

westair

Reaction score
Being surrounded by open desert, hiking and the great sunsets, year round boating, riding the harley on all the open roads (endless) ....... people are friendly and most are like minded.

Good Stuff

Reaction score
I love it in Havasu. The odd weirdos I have encountered are just like anywhere else and honestly pretty few and far between. Most stores and vendors are super helpful and welcome the chance to do business with any paying customer regardless of dollars spent. People sitting nearby in a restaurant never hesitate to chit chat or share a recommendation. It’s hot as hell in the summer but I love boating and spend every weekend possible out at the lake. When winter rolls around we shift gears and enjoy the opportunity to run out to bunker bar, take in a sunset from the top of a hill, or even run a few miles out into a shooting area. I honestly enjoy every bit of time I get to spend out at our second home even if we end up hanging out watching TV instead of a planned activity.

If we want to bring friends out to see pasties we know where to find them. If we want to go find a spot where no one else even drives by all day we know where to find that too. There’s still tons of good no matter what your preference is.

EarpRider

Reaction score
I take my boy to the dog park a lot in the cooler months, I'll keep my eye out for you and Brady ( hopefully named after Tom.)😁👍

Attachments

• 20220622_182717.jpg
    20220622_182717.jpg
    895.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I have a very long history with Lake Havasu going all the way back to the inaugural ceremony for the London Bridge and have always loved it here. Just retired last October and moved here permanently from SoCal.
While it’s true that there is a hood rat invasion on weekends the rest of the time it’s wonderful here.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
This is my 1st year with a weekend place in Havasu, plenty of good things for sure. I love how the stress rolls off as soon as I get to town on Fridays, always meet cool people at the beaches, coves, the channel, and the bars as well. I like being 5 minutes to launch, gas and supplies close by make the morning stress free. You can have a crazy day or a mellow day on the water, your choice. Looking forward to some off roading this winter and exploring the area, hopefully in my Speed UTV, but the dirt bike will do in the meantime. Get some flashing yellow for left turns and I'm good.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I have a very long history with Lake Havasu going all the way back to the inaugural ceremony for the London Bridge and have always loved it here. Just retired last October and moved here permanently from SoCal.
While it’s true that there is a hood rat invasion on weekends the rest of the time it’s wonderful here.

I think that is where the most of the "What the hell happened to havasu" sentiment comes from. People that have come here really appreciate how much different and better it is than the SoCal shitholes, and rightly so, get worried that it could turn into that. It's a great place that people don't want destroyed by the parasites that have destroyed other once great places.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I think that is where the most of the "What the hell happened to havasu" sentiment comes from. People that have come here really appreciate how much different and better it is than the SoCal shitholes, and rightly so, get worried that it could turn into that. It's a great place that people don't want destroyed by the parasites that have destroyed other once great places.
🎯🎯🎯

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
havasu is great....stay away from the everybody goes there spots...nothing more relavxing than sitting in the toon watching the big horn goats roam around

retaocleg

Reaction score
my wife makes it a point to tell her MO and OR relatives how cold it is in the winter months when they are bitching about the snow........"it'75 degrees, practically single digits".....usually in jan, feb
and the pic saying we got 12 inches of sunshine by noon........
sunshine.jpg

badgas

Reaction score
Boating, Fishing, Paddle boarding, Hiking, Offroad trails, shooting, bikes rides, hot rods, concerts....There are also a LOT of very freindly people in Havasu.

Weekdays are the best !

6581121426201916356.jpg

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
He's from a breeder in Big River, she has yellow and brown pups coming any day.
Thanks appreciate it I had found their website online but was a little sketchy about it thinking it might be a puppy mill with a fancy website.

EarpRider

Reaction score
Thanks appreciate it I had found their website online but was a little sketchy about it thinking it might be a puppy mill with a fancy website.
She was a breeder in Phoenix for a very long time, then she moved to Big River a few years ago. She lives in a double wide down there, it's ok, very breeder like. But her dogs are very healthy, and good looking. I would say message her and at least take a look at her pups.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
We are only in LHC for the winter, last year being our first. I've been excited to return since we left.

Lot's of reasons we love it there. Some of it might be a midlife crisis thing since we have such fond memories of the Colorado River from our younger days.

The biggest attraction for me is sitting by the lake in the morning and listening to those noisy river birds. I love watching the sunrise and hearing those birds with coffee.

We've made so many friends in our community as well. There is no shortage of fun things to do, and after traveling around a lot the last year, I can say, for the most part, it has been the easiest to make friends in LHC.
OK, I’m not the only one that loves those birds. Early morning, overlooking the lake/river with a cup of coffee and hearing those guys…. So relaxing

DLC

Reaction score
The people are the best, The most friendly and Really PRO America!

On Tuesday 8/2 we saw a nice couple at Smiths and they had a “I voted “ sticker on I said “ Thank you for voting “ & then we stopped to chat for 15/20 minutes!

This happens all the time out there!

rarely does a nice chat happen in the work town.

236eagledave

Reaction score
We have been here six years now. We love it here. October thru April is awesome but I like summer too. If the launch ramps are too crowded just stay home and use the pool. Boat weekday afternoons. Can’t see myself going back to SoCal.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
The more time spent there the more it is like home. This has been a rough couple of weeks away and the wife is ready to be back there. Next year I will have to rethink my schedule with much less traveling away from town. 👍

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I spend weeks working 15 hour days on an oil rig, drive 800 miles straight to get “home”.
I turn the corner onto my street after working 105 hour weeks and just dreaming of getting home…and I see the pile of cars in the driveway at the Air BnB and my heart just sinks.
The screaming and partying is what I am typically greeted with. It’s hard to describe the absolute depression that has built over 3 years of this. I have to go to bed with ear plugs in.
I typically sleep better at work with a drill rig running in the distance.
I can’t wait to move from here.

Backlash

Reaction score
havasu is great....stay away from the everybody goes there spots...nothing more relavxing than sitting in the toon watching the big horn goats roam around
WTF is a big horn goat?? Indigenous to LHC??? LMAO!!!! 🤣

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I spend weeks working 15 hour days on an oil rig, drive 800 miles straight to get “home”.
I turn the corner onto my street after working 105 hour weeks and just dreaming of getting home…and I see the pile of cars in the driveway at the Air BnB and my heart just sinks.
The screaming and partying is what I am typically greeted with. It’s hard to describe the absolute depression that has built over 3 years of this. I have to go to bed with ear plugs in.
I typically sleep better at work with a drill rig running in the distance.
I can’t wait to move from here.
I can guess it's not quite your style, but the laws are changing back to giving the city and the homeowners close to these pits more control.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I can guess it's not quite your style, but the laws are changing back to giving the city and the homeowners close to these pits more control.

Im a renter but with long term full time lease.
I’m all for a good throw down.
I’m not a grumpy old fart. The Covid year wrecked me with that place.
I didn’t sleep for months. Literally.
The last time I saw one of my elderly neighbors alive was when the local neighbors held an impromptu meeting in my driveway 1 1/2 years ago at noon on a Saturday when they’d been partying 3 days straight at the BnB
. The people 3 houses down couldn’t go out on their back deck from the noise, and I’m right next door. We called the cops as a group…at noon.
She died 2 days later in her house. She told me on that Saturday that she’d spent a week sleeping in her guest room at the far end of her own home.
From Feb to August in 2020 there was 2 vacant days.
The ugly side of Havasu is this.
The profiting.
It has ruined my expectations and my dream of living here.
I sometimes imagine how different it might have been if I’d have bought 3 years ago up on the hill. But I was assured my neighborhood was a quite place with homeowners and it is…except for one BnB right next door.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Im a renter but with long term full time lease.
I’m all for a good throw down.
I’m not a grumpy old fart. The Covid year wrecked me with that place.
I didn’t sleep for months. Literally.
The last time I saw one of my elderly neighbors alive was when the local neighbors held an impromptu meeting in my driveway 1 1/2 years ago at noon on a Saturday when they’d been partying 3 days straight at the BnB
. The people 3 houses down couldn’t go out on their back deck from the noise, and I’m right next door. We called the cops as a group…at noon.
She died 2 days later in her house. She told me on that Saturday that she’d spent a week sleeping in her guest room at the far end of her own home.
From Feb to August in 2020 there was 2 vacant days.
The ugly side of Havasu is this.
The profiting.
It has ruined my expectations and my dream of living here.
I sometimes imagine how different it might have been if I’d have bought 3 years ago up on the hill. But I was assured my neighborhood was a quite place with homeowners and it is…except for one BnB right next door.
I've known you had some problems they for a while, just hope these new requirements will let the authorities shut this crap down. I know it's easier said than done. I have one five doors from me, but I can't hear anything unless I'm outback at night, and even then they always seem to shut it down around 10. I have a couple long term rentals by me and sometimes worry they'll change to BnB.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There are good folks here though.
The house on the other side of me sold last year. The owners lived in Phoenix but did not ever hardly come to their Havasu home for various reasons not excluding the air BnB.
I really like the younger couple that bought the house next to me on that side. They live in SoCal and use it as a second lake home.
The husband is pretty cool and told me a couple weeks ago that their offer was not the best offer…but the owner refused to sell it for more money because that buyer intended to use it as an air BnB.
He’d been there for years and refused to do that to his neighbors even though he could have taken the money.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I've known you had some problems they for a while, just hope these new requirements will let the authorities shut this crap down. I know it's easier said than done. I have one five doors from me, but I can't hear anything unless I'm outback at night, and even then they always seem to shut it down around 10. I have a couple long term rentals by me and sometimes worry they'll change to BnB.

To be fair the owner has taken steps to try to keep his revenue source active.
He keeps communication open since we met and have spoken face to face. He lived there for years and knows everyone in the neighborhood.
But unless one is there all the time and has to deal with it all the time it’s hard to communicate the frustration.
It’s a fantastic home. Bad ass pool and grotto, swim up bar, no expense spared to make it a real nice BnB. It’d be really good as a resort destination…but it’s literally 20’ from my bedroom window.

DWC

Reaction score
To be fair the owner has taken steps to try to keep his revenue source active.
He keeps communication open since we met and have spoken face to face. He lived there for years and knows everyone in the neighborhood.
But unless one is there all the time and has to deal with it all the time it’s hard to communicate the frustration.
It’s a fantastic home. Bad ass pool and grotto, swim up bar, no expense spared to make it a real nice BnB. It’d be really good as a resort destination…but it’s literally 20’ from my bedroom window.
Are you near the Disneyland looking place off Palo Verde?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Are you near the Disneyland looking place off Palo Verde?

I call that place the castle!
Honeybee and N Palo.

I’m on Deer run drive nearer the cemetery.

Reactions: DWC