2022 Boating Events

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
Weekday hot boats in the channel?
Upper or lower river stuff?

1manshow

Reaction score
AZ, NV and CA. boaters... you're so close to a really great event (Big Cat Poker Run) but the boating you are missing out on is F'ing Fantastic. WAY x 100 better than Havasu boating... Dozens and dozens of places to boat to for a meal or a drink. If your boat is big enough, you can go around Alcatraz. You can also boat to Sacramento and Stockton and tons in between.
Question…. Is a Howard considered big enough to do the site seeing you mentioned above? Thanks in advance… 1Manshow

schweeng

Reaction score
Question…. Is a Howard considered big enough to do the site seeing you mentioned above? Thanks in advance… 1Manshow
Hi... it can do everything but the ride to Alcatraz/ Golden Gate... The water out there tends to get real big.... Maybe there is a day you can get out there (from Discovery Bay) but can ya get back.... not worth the risk in my estimation...

Howard Deck boat type... no...
Howard 28... well I had one and took it to Catalina.... was perfect.... coming home... different story... boat soaked..... we were soaked. But it was a Vee so just did our best to keep the nose high.....

1manshow

Reaction score
Hi... it can do everything but the ride to Alcatraz/ Golden Gate... The water out there tends to get real big.... Maybe there is a day you can get out there (from Discovery Bay) but can ya get back.... not worth the risk in my estimation...

Howard Deck boat type... no...
Howard 28... well I had one and took it to Catalina.... was perfect.... coming home... different story... boat soaked..... we were soaked. But it was a Vee so just did our best to keep the nose high.....
Thanks for that information!! I definitely would like to do some delta boating sometime next year…