WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I went to the show on Friday. Overall kind of bored with it. We all know is the SxS super show. The buggy builders are boring to me at this point. Funcos are beautiful but haven't changed anything in years. Its the same $300k sand car it was last year. Same with Tatum. The new KRX is just the TRX with a few body changes. Both cool cars but nothing new, nothing wow. Can am needs a redesign here soon. Their cars look tiny compared to the rest. The Pro R is massive. They are taller than our sand cars. It will be interesting to see how they work in the dunes and dirt. Now for Speed. Honestly I don't get the hype. Are they beefier than the rest? sure I will give them that. Do I see the Ultimate SxS that is going to change the industry and take it over? absolutely not. Some one tell me whats the Wow factor. The best part of the whole car is the shifting. Being able to change gears would be cool in the dunes. Other than that what is there? Cool screens? Polaris has that. Crazy travel? Can am and Polaris have that. Insane power? The Pro R has that. The best suspension out there? I wasn't impressed watching them in the fox area. The toe, camber, and bump steer looked all over the place. Not saying Polaris and Can am don't do the same thing but Speed does it too so really where is the game changing shit that RG keeps talking about? Having my entire front suspension mount to the diff is an automatic no for me. I hit a rock and bent my arms and mounts? I don't just buy new arms and bend and repair the mounts. I now have to buy a whole fucking Diff? makes no sense to me but hey I'm not a car builder I just like driving them. Now the car breaking when he was in the fox area, I totally get it. Pre production car, old weld that had been repaired, blahh blahh blahh. Its fine, I saw the pictures. It was definitely a repaired car so no big deal. The real question I have is why the hell are you doing all the driving in an old production car? we've seen videos of the pre production car for years. Get in a supposed PRODUCTION car and show us it runs, drives, and does everything your promising. I had a little hope and excitement for the car but after looking at it I feel its the same shit as every other SXS. Nothing new, nothing ground breaking, nothing that is going to change the industry or take over

I think you kind of hit the nail on the head. When the Speed was announced in late 2019, it was a game changer compared to what was on the market at the time. However, over the last 3 years, the market has caught up (mainly the pro R, CanAm is largely unchanged besides adding more alphabet to the names). I do still think it will be the best car for my use and I am obviously a believer in the design, just no longer a game changer. The game has evolved over the past 3 years.

Similar to what Honda did with the talon, that car was designed in 2014ish but wasn't released until 2019. Against other 2014 cars, the Talon is extremely badass, against the 2019 crop of vehicles, not in the same conversation.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I think you kind of hit the nail on the head. When the Speed was announced in late 2019, it was a game changer compared to what was on the market at the time. However, over the last 3 years, the market has caught up (mainly the pro R, CanAm is largely unchanged besides adding more alphabet to the names). I do still think it will be the best car for my use and I am obviously a believer in the design, just no longer a game changer. The game has evolved over the past 3 years.

Similar to what Honda did with the talon, that car was designed in 2014ish but wasn't released until 2019. Against other 2014 cars, the Talon is extremely badass, against the 2019 crop of vehicles, not in the same conversation.
i agree with both of you.

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score

I'm not a hater. The speed car is going to be a nice car. Would it be the top of my list? I'm not sure yet, I would want to wait and see some consumer real world use. But the "Ultimate SXS game changing put every other company out of business" has to stop. The car is cool, he did some trick stuff but I just don't get the insane hype. Your honda example is a perfect analogy

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The deal with you is if no one agrees with you that they're haters and trolls. People have legitimate questions and you bring everyone down. You're actually the true definition of a troll.

I know you want to defend your investment, but you don't always have to be right even when you're wrong.

That sancho disappointment has him moving the needle more than usual...

Screen Shot 2022-09-19 at 9.41.30 AM.png

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I'll give the guy credit, he's passionate for sure. The issue is he's an asshole about it

I'm not sure anyone questions his passion (or his rea$on$ for his pa$$ion) but except for other investors, most in this thread have been called names and put down by him. He certainly has the big guy's tacit support which is how this shitshow continues

Nordie

Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone questions his passion (or his rea$on$ for his pa$$ion) but except for other investors, most in this thread have been called names and put down by him. He certainly has the big guy's tacit support which is how this shitshow continues
Don't put that on Dave, honestly Dave is super fair and let's things slide

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Typical feigning of innocence from you Dan. There is a year + of put downs towards me from you and others in this thread and the one before it.

You got banned for it and still can’t admit it.

I’m a total ass to you and the others because that's what you give me. This has been childish bullshit for 18+ months on both sides. I can admit it and have in the past, can you?

You don’t have a spot, you don’t want a UTV, you know nothing about the product. The only reason you are in here is to argue and then pretend to be the victim 😂.

If you are that offended, ignore me. You can’t and you won’t.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Don't put that on Dave, honestly Dave is super fair and let's things slide

He will blame his actions on anyone but himself.

There is a reason we all got banned, we were all doing the exact same shit back and forth. He still won’t admit it. Neither do the others that were banned with me. They still blame me for it and blame Dave for playing favorites.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Are you talking the cheap Chinese heim joint? The mount to the chassis is stamped, all four mounts two per side are stamped steel u brackets.

That does not appear to be stamped

D0185391-3EB7-4FDD-9CCA-810E41A194A6.png

Beyond this I don’t care. There is no need to argue about it. The other cars on the market are also made of tin and I’ve seen every brand tear trailing arm mounts out.

If it breaks I will fix it. It will probably never break under my normal use with my family.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
View attachment 1155906
Since we have so many know-it-alls, see video of RG talking about the pivot points.

Wait you mean all 4 rear trailing arm mounts are forged on the production cars???

😂

Another bad day for the trolls.

Thank you, that is the clip I was trying to find and referenced from memory when I said I believed all 4 pivot points were forged pieces.

It’s nice to have an ally against ignorance and 0% contributors.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I feel bad for Gordon...

What a MAJOR LEAGUE disappointment!!! Dude is gonna age 40 years before this is over. If he doesn't have a heart attack first.

Didn't one of these cars already win a race or two? I don't pay enough attention to the situation to know for sure.

🤷‍♂️

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

View attachment 1155905

Beyond this I don’t care. The other cars on the market are also made of tin and I’ve seen every brand tear trailing arm mounts out.

If it breaks I will fix it. It will probably never break under my normal use with my family.
This and the inner brackets are just stamped steel. There’s plenty of places to make intentional weak links, but that definitely isn’t a good spot for one. It’ll also risk ripping a hole into the rear tube. The stamped bracket could work fine, but needs wrapped bracing around the tube as well a small gusset per side. Otherwise it’ll be no different than a Lego it’ll pop right off.
F901079C-114A-4852-B61F-5C3A73E94A51.jpeg

Edit: looked into forged vs cast and see what/why but even that a bracket of this type makes little to no sense to be either. Obviously it’s outside but something like the Tabzone brackets laser cut and welded would be twice as strong and last a lot longer.

Last edited:

ZSTIV

Reaction score
Wait you mean they are both forged on the production cars???

😂

Thank you, that is the clip I was trying to find and reference from memory when I said I believed all 4 pivot points were forged pieces.
He also states that they weld that plug into the chassis. Again, people need to chill, and actually just go watch the videos.
It would calm this forum a lot lol

77charger

Reaction score
Your on drugs ! The sxs industry is going to shit the bed . The market can't handle 70k sxs with 4k a year insurance . It grew because people could finance 25k and pay 500 a year in insurance . Those days are limited .
I saw a pro r that was customized with the. Bling. Cage stereo 10 bucks of led lights and seats etc wanted 105k. I think I’d take a nice sand car and buy a jeep with money left over.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This and the inner brackets are just stamped steel. There’s plenty of places to make intentional weak links, but that definitely isn’t a good spot for one. It’ll also risk ripping a hole into the rear tube. The stamped bracket could work fine, but needs wrapped bracing around the tube as well a small gusset per side. Otherwise it’ll be no different than a Lego it’ll pop right off. View attachment 1155907

Watch the clip @ZSTIV just posted. They claim those pieces to be forged.

The inner one yes looks like it is a bent bracket, but the outer one, no way.

Again If we want to continue arguing about it, great. There is no need to, because either RG is lying, or he is not.

And honestly they have 7 years of experience with this exact setup at this point, because it is identical to the WildcatXX suspension they designed. I don’t see them making this car inherently weaker, do you?

grumpy88

Reaction score
I saw a pro r that was customized with the. Bling. Cage stereo 10 bucks of led lights and seats etc wanted 105k. I think I’d take a nice sand car and buy a jeep with money left over.
I guess labor has gotten expensive ! Lol. I agree with you though

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
He also states that they weld that plug into the chassis. Again, people need to chill, and actually just go watch the videos.
It would calm this forum a lot lol

You are asking people to educate themselves? Damn that is asking a lot when they can just slide in and name call and pretend they are the victims 😂

NicPaus

Reaction score
At the show Robby was asking anyone with questions to ask. Even passing them the mic to ask. If you are so concerned about the Speed car yesterday was a good time to ask him. He was talking on the main stage and then by the Speed booth. I overheard some of what he was saying.

I went to Cam Am to ask questions and left there with a bad taste in my mouth. Out of the 4 employees none of them knew much. Just pointed the finger at the guy next to him.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
This is what the redesigned pivot bracket looks like. It is now wrapped around the tube, as well as an open area in the center so that a rosette weld is added. So it is now welded 360 degrees around the bracket as well as in the center of the pivot bracket. I'm 0% worried about this part of the chassis.

307775014_5390635390990993_9146940078443072510_n.jpg.a1ade03798940c02fcd0aa84350aacdd.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This is what the redesigned pivot bracket looks like. It is now wrapped around the tube, as well as an open area in the center so that a rosette weld is added. So it is now welded 360 degrees around the bracket as well as in the center of the pivot bracket.

View attachment 1155920
This is what the redesigned pivot bracket looks like. It is now wrapped around the tube, as well as an open area in the center so that a rosette weld is added. So it is now welded 360 degrees around the bracket as well as in the center of the pivot bracket. I'm 0% worried about this part of the chassis.

View attachment 1155920

View attachment 1155920

Did you end up talking to Todd about delivery for the 1000?

Thanks for posting that. The experts here said that was impossible yesterday and that a flat bracket was welded to a round tube and filled in with weld 😂.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Did you end up talking to Todd about delivery for the 1000?

Thanks for posting that. The experts here said that was impossible yesterday and that a flat bracket was welded to a round tube and filled in with weld 😂.

No, it was too crowded Friday, and I'm not a fan of crowds, I sent him an email, we'll see what I get for a reply. I've also not received my final call for payment and delivery, but last week Karla told me they were on car 110, and wouldn't be making any calls or email until sometime this week as they were busy with the SSSS, and then traveling back home/work.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No, it was too crowded Friday, and I'm not a fan of crowds, I sent him an email, we'll see what I get for a reply. I've also not received my final call for payment and delivery, but last week Karla told me they were on car 110, and wouldn't be making any calls or email until sometime this week as they were busy with the SSSS, and then traveling back home/work.

Gotcha. I heard Friday Coyne has numbers 11-5X or something. No idea if that is true.

I hope they make it happen for you, and if you feel inclined do share the details when you get them. I’d imagine your is a compelling story to “make happen” given the positive PR that could generate.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Besides the 1000, I have a ton of vacation coming up, so when/if I get it, I'll be able to basically test it out daily out in Golden Shores. I actually plan on picking up in Havasu and taking it back in the desert.

I agree though, getting one out and getting used in "real" desert conditions would be good PR, but I doubt that would have any bearing on me getting it before anyone else.

Gotcha. I heard Friday Coyne has numbers 11-5X or something. No idea if that is true.

I hope they make it happen for you, and if you feel inclined do share the details when you get them. I’d imagine your is a compelling story to “make happen” given the positive PR that could generate.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Besides the 1000, I have a ton of vacation coming up, so when/if I get it, I'll be able to basically test it out daily out in Golden Shores. I actually plan on picking up in Havasu and taking it back in the desert.

I agree though, getting one out and getting used in "real" desert conditions would be good PR, but I doubt that would have any bearing on me getting it before anyone else.

Fingers crossed for you either way. I plan on taking a few days off and messing around with it in Havasu too.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

View attachment 1155920

@Taboma that is what I was talking about. The original piece did the same thing.

That bracket ain’t flat, it is formed to fit. and it was not flat on the car that broke.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
i will make sure i have a tow stap too then

I better add a tow hook.

Honestly after looking at the car I don’t know where I’d put one since the steering rack is in the front.

I think I need a front bumper after all.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I better add a tow hook.

Honestly after looking at the car I don’t know where I’d put one since the steering rack is in the front.

I think I need a front bumper after all.
the front bumper was fire!!! i would get it for both cars

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
the front bumper was fire!!! i would get it for both cars

Yea it looked bad ass. The rear did for sure..but they are Speed prices.. $500 each.

I will roll my own and do a front with a light bar mount on it.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Yea it looked bad ass. The rear did for sure..but they are Speed prices.. $500 each.

I will roll my own and do a front with a light bar mount on it.

Careful, you might get a cease and desist because that part is patented. No one has ever thought of a bumper on a SxS before 😅:p

Backlash

Reaction score

View attachment 1155905

Beyond this I don’t care. There is no need to argue about it. The other cars on the market are also made of tin and I’ve seen every brand tear trailing arm mounts out.

That looks exactly like a front spring hanger on a trailer that you can purchase for $5. On a trailer, they are typically mounted in a vertical position, whereas in the photo above, it's mounted horizontally and used as a pivot point. Forged? No. Steel? Yes.

This is in reference to post #2619, not the later "New and improved" wraparound dealio that Dirtslinger talks about.

PXL_20220919_181808196.jpg

JayBreww

Reaction score
That looks exactly like a front spring hanger on a trailer that you can purchase for $5. On a trailer, they are typically mounted in a vertical position, whereas in the photo above, it's mounted horizontally and used as a pivot point. Forged? No. Steel? Yes.

This is in reference to post #2619, not the later "New and improved" wraparound dealio that Dirtslinger talks about.

View attachment 1155948
Might look the same, but not. The Speed one has more radius on the edge, and gets narrower towards the end.
I’d say they arnt buying their mounts from a trailer supply company. Sorry.

Backlash

Reaction score
Might look the same, but not. The Speed one has more radius on the edge, and gets narrower towards the end.
I’d say they arnt buying their mounts from a trailer supply company. Sorry.
That was a simple comparison from the post of the car pictured on it's lid. Not suggesting that the Unicorn above all other Unicorns is being built with parts ordered from eTrailer.com.

Don't make me get all LOF on you and bump this thread to 75 pages! 🤣🤣

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Did you mean breaking?

The deal with you is if no one agrees with you that they're haters and trolls. People have legitimate questions and you bring everyone down. You're actually the true definition of a troll.

The car broke, and looking at the picture of the mount that's not good. If I was to buy one I'd probably be looking at reinforcing the chasis with a fabricator.

I do agree that all cars are going to break, but honestly it's not a good look. I know you want to defend your investment, but you don't always have to be right even when you're wrong.

I’m the troll? Who is asking Dilligaf, what Exit, counterpart 7 outboard 256 and his 3 other screen names, the people with 5150 and lunatic in their screen names for information on the product? 0 people. Do they know anything about the product at all? No they don’t.

I’m fine with people agreeing or disagreeing. The problem is if you disagree, have some knowledge about the subject at hand. This suspension pivot is the perfect example. I said it was a radiused piece formed to the mount and welded all around.

Everyone said I was an idiot and had my head up RG’s ass. It was just a generic tab from Kartek welded to a round tube and the gap filled with weld. And it will break off constantly.

Then another pic this morning

F184797F-5FF7-4907-BABE-9614730E5268.jpeg

What is that? Oh it’s just a formed bracket welded 360 degrees around and RG says it is a forged piece we have the video clip. Sure that is debatable, but it’s not a flat tab welded to a round tube.

So what happens now? Will anyone apologize for calling me names? Will anyone else say they were wrong?

No they never do, they never will. They get from me what they give me. They talk down to me and are assholes, so I give it back. That is it, this isn’t complicated. What is funny is they say it’s me doing it yet take 0 responsibility for themselves. If you aren’t gonna give me a pass for doing it to them why are you giving them one for doing it to me?

Tell me what is inaccurate about any of that, and tell me why you are holding me to a different standard.

I am eager to hear your reply.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

View attachment 1155948

See the post above, specifically the picture of the newest version. These are not the same things, not even close.
And that one would be closest to your spring hanger deal.

This is a forged piece, even further from your comparison.

E35C6E47-6523-4E43-9A62-C0A7B4E6035C.png

Speed says both pieces are forged in video footage above. You can believe him or not, I don’t care.

Here is the other inner mount again from the above post. This would be closest to your trailer parts, but again, not very close other than they are both U shaped brackets.
FC9F9BD5-B4CC-4E88-B269-DF298D3EB1F3.jpeg

Last edited:

Backlash

Reaction score
I’m the troll? Who is asking Dilligaf, what Exit, counterpart 7 outboard 256 and his 3 other screen names, the people with 5150 and lunatic in their screen names for information on the product? Do they know anything about the product at all? No they don’t.

I’m fine with people agreeing or disagreeing. The problem is if you disagree, have some knowledge. This suspension pivot is the perfect example. I said it was a radiused piece formed to the mount and welded all around.

Everyone said I was an idiot and had my head up RG’s ass. It was just a generic tab from Kartek welded to a round tube and the gap filled with weld. And it will break off constantly

Then another pic this morning

View attachment 1155949

What is that? Oh it’s just a formed bracket welded 360 degrees around and RG says it is a forged piece we have the video clip.

So what happens now? Will anyone apologize for calling me names? Will anyone else say they were wrong?

No they never do, they never will.

Tell me what is inaccurate about any of that.
The pictured bracket in your picture is obviously different from the pictured bracket in #2619. Take a look and you'll see what I was referring to in my previous post. The earlier picture when the car was on it's lid, shows a simple formed bracket. Nothing fancy. The later picture shows a similar bracket with a rolled edge and a hole for a rosette weld. Different brackets, I'll agree with you on that.

And for the record, I'm not 5150, a lunatic or a troll. I just call it like I see it without much regard for any backlash my comments may bring. 🤣😘

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
The pictured bracket in your picture is obviously different from the pictured bracket in #2619. Take a look and you'll see what I was referring to in my previous post. The earlier picture when the car was on it's lid, shows a simple formed bracket. Nothing fancy. The later picture shows a similar bracket with a rolled edge and a hole for a rosette weld. Different brackets, I'll agree with you on that.

And for the record, I'm not 5150, a lunatic or a troll. I just call it like I see it without much regard for any backlash my comments may bring. 🤣😘
Also, you are comparing 2 different locations. The one I posted is the inner pivot, the one you are referencing is the outter pivot, which does look similar to a trailer spring part, and many other U shaped brackets, but it was describe and shown in the video of post 2616, that this bracket is a forged piece and has a plug which is inserted into the tubing, welded deep inside.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

That bracket is also radiused in the flipped car, just like the newest revision. The newest version is a more substantial bracket. I was there Friday, I saw it (the flipped car). It is not a flat bracket welded to a round tube there, and it is still not now.

If you called it like you see it, you need better glasses friend. 👍🏻 That bracket has a radius to it and is formed to fit.

Again, if you don’t believe me, the pictures or RG, I don’t care. The sun will come up tomorrow either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.