WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlash

Reaction score
That bracket is also radiused in the flipped car, just like the newest revision. The newest version is a more substantial bracket. I was there Friday, I saw it (the flipped car). It is not a flat bracket welded to a round tube there, and it is still not now.

If you called it like you see it, you need better glasses friend. 👍🏻 That bracket has a radius to it and is formed to fit.

Again, if you don’t believe me, the pictures or RG, I don’t care. The sun will come up tomorrow either way.
If you re-read my post without immediately jumping to the point of conjuring up a remark to "Talk down" to someone, you might actually see that I said the same thing as you, only using different words.

And just when I was trying to convince myself that this internet tough-guy LOF isn't a complete douche....you singlehandedly managed to change my mind in one sentence.

Insert a huge fucking eye roll right here.

I guess we should now add optometrist to your lengthy list of accomplishments. Noted. 👍

Carry on with your forged investment of a non-existent golf cart. 🤣

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If you re-read my post without immediately jumping to the point of conjuring up a remark to "Talk down" to someone, you might actually see that I said the same thing as you, only using different words.

And just when I was trying to convince myself that this internet tough-guy LOF isn't a complete douche....you singlehandedly managed to change my mind in one sentence.

Insert a huge fucking eye roll right here.

I guess we should now add optometrist to your lengthy list of accomplishments. Noted. 👍

Carry on with your forged investment of a non-existent golf cart. 🤣

But I was just "giving you a hard time" 🤣🤣

Remember that from you last week?

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yes I sure do. Carry on my friend. 👍

And as dirtslinger pointed out, you were comparing 2 different pivot points. If you reread my post I was giving you the benefit of perhaps being confused regarding the 2 different ones in the rear suspension. There are a lot of pictures flying around.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I saw them in person.. I saw the preproduction units as well as five or six production units.

They came out pretty friggen sweet if ya ask me.

603F11BA-BA76-40A0-9A98-E0526E4DE940.jpeg
FC64DBB4-6C33-49E6-BEE4-C4C6A88305E3.jpeg
E2E9CB7A-FE11-448A-B8EB-8EF8FAC15910.jpeg
FD17C7A8-8733-4656-AFC3-2876F38A7B31.jpeg
0FB970C0-5BAE-4EA1-8FD2-1E68D2480A87.jpeg
533E445B-2197-4755-B823-67ECD8CC7A05.jpeg
51E84D5A-ACD9-4D7F-B81E-86703378FBDB.jpeg
15BE027D-11D8-48FD-A0D2-2B94E39AEAFA.jpeg
48D2F803-653B-4F68-BD59-D33B778D79DD.jpeg
C7755558-00A4-4EC5-90AC-9D5C9A90A9A8.jpeg
748AD6E4-5CE6-4E7D-97D4-9EC14C06E3B5.jpeg
4D404827-13C9-41F5-AEF9-DE83AB472291.jpeg
91E10FE3-24BF-469A-962F-4F9797BD98FC.jpeg
1037C5F8-C39E-4F4E-867C-50F432769EEA.jpeg
FAD1F26D-3638-47BA-A433-E125A9903A3C.jpeg

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I’m the troll? Who is asking Dilligaf, what Exit, counterpart 7 outboard 256 and his 3 other screen names, the people with 5150 and lunatic in their screen names for information on the product? 0 people. Do they know anything about the product at all? No they don’t.

I’m fine with people agreeing or disagreeing. The problem is if you disagree, have some knowledge about the subject at hand. This suspension pivot is the perfect example. I said it was a radiused piece formed to the mount and welded all around.

Everyone said I was an idiot and had my head up RG’s ass. It was just a generic tab from Kartek welded to a round tube and the gap filled with weld. And it will break off constantly.

Then another pic this morning

View attachment 1155949

What is that? Oh it’s just a formed bracket welded 360 degrees around and RG says it is a forged piece we have the video clip. Sure that is debatable, but it’s not a flat tab welded to a round tube.

So what happens now? Will anyone apologize for calling me names? Will anyone else say they were wrong?

No they never do, they never will. They get from me what they give me. They talk down to me and are assholes, so I give it back. That is it, this isn’t complicated. What is funny is they say it’s me doing it yet take 0 responsibility for themselves. If you aren’t gonna give me a pass for doing it to them why are you giving them one for doing it to me?

Tell me what is inaccurate about any of that, and tell me why you are holding me to a different standard.

I am eager to hear your reply.
What an idiot

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed, but what do the different levers do? Lever on the left P, N, D, R and the lever with the ball on it controlling low gear, drive gear, and overdrive?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

The back seat passengers are gonna be warm. And I have not heard how loud the OEM fans get.

I mean I don’t know how much different than it will be than a RZR or Can Am with the turbo directly behind the firewall.

We will see pretty soon.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed, but what do the different levers do? Lever on the left P, N, D, R and the lever with the ball on it controlling low gear, drive gear, and overdrive?

Short one is mechanical 2wd 4wd and front diff lock lever.

Tall one is the sequential shifter that will go through all gears - P-R-N-L-H-OD

Nordie

Reaction score
I’m the troll? Who is asking Dilligaf, what Exit, counterpart 7 outboard 256 and his 3 other screen names, the people with 5150 and lunatic in their screen names for information on the product? 0 people. Do they know anything about the product at all? No they don’t.

I’m fine with people agreeing or disagreeing. The problem is if you disagree, have some knowledge about the subject at hand. This suspension pivot is the perfect example. I said it was a radiused piece formed to the mount and welded all around.

Everyone said I was an idiot and had my head up RG’s ass. It was just a generic tab from Kartek welded to a round tube and the gap filled with weld. And it will break off constantly.

View attachment 1155949

What is that? Oh it’s just a formed bracket welded 360 degrees around and RG says it is a forged piece we have the video clip. Sure that is debatable, but it’s not a flat tab welded to a round tube.

So what happens now? Will anyone apologize for calling me names? Will anyone else say they were wrong?

No they never do, they never will. They get from me what they give me. They talk down to me and are assholes, so I give it back. That is it, this isn’t complicated. What is funny is they say it’s me doing it yet take 0 responsibility for themselves. If you aren’t gonna give me a pass for doing it to them why are you giving them one for doing it to me?

Tell me what is inaccurate about any of that, and tell me why you are holding me to a different standard.

Let's just get the elephant out of the room, you post in every thread like you are the holy grail of intelligence, you take cheap shots at everyone then claim to be the victim. What else do you contribute to RDP besides this thread and sarcastic remarks towards everyone?

You're not wrong 2 wrongs don't make a right, but you should probably take a long look in the mirror, you're insufferable.

I give you credit though you're definitely passionate, and really hate being wrong. You hate being wrong so much you change your words so somehow someway you can twist it so that you're right.

I've never personally met you, but I've always pictured you as a Will Farrell in Taladega Nights.

I will say WhatExit does make me cringe sometimes. He definitely attacks you but the other guys are sideline guys like me that cringe with your every posts. I have people that text me and were relieved when they could finally block you. Me personally I admire you, but you do belittle people when it really is unnecessary.

Now let's get to the car, if you look through the threads I've been cheering for this car to succeed, the only thing that pisses me off about the car is well in fact you. Anyhow if you think that tab that is butt welded to the cage is superior you're definitely mistaken. The tabs should be atleast radiused around the cage and gusseted, there is a ton of stress there.

Honestly I don't even think NHRA would approve that to run an 11 second pass on a drag strip. The heim, sure that's great, but what it's mounted to is really not that great.

I really hope they refine the design and the car works better and safer. I also hope you get your car soon and get to enjoy some of that Utah riding, but I've kind of finally had enough of the shit you spew.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Its all in the approach towards people. Your turbo mouth diarrhea cup runneth over since yesterday.

Say that same thing out loud, to yourself and we might get somewhere.

Your approach also needs work.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Let's just get the elephant out of the room, you post in every thread like you are the holy grail of intelligence, you take cheap shots at everyone then claim to be the victim. What else do you contribute to RDP besides this thread and sarcastic remarks towards everyone?

You're not wrong 2 wrongs don't make a right, but you should probably take a long look in the mirror, you're insufferable.

I give you credit though you're definitely passionate, and really hate being wrong. You hate being wrong so much you change your words so somehow someway you can twist it so that you're right.

I've never personally met you, but I've always pictured you as a Will Farrell in Taladega Nights.

I will say WhatExit does make me cringe sometimes. He definitely attacks you but the other guys are sideline guys like me that cringe with your every posts. I have people that text me and were relieved when they could finally block you. Me personally I admire you, but you do belittle people when it really is unnecessary.

Now let's get to the car, if you look through the threads I've been cheering for this car to succeed, the only thing that pisses me off about the car is well in fact you. Anyhow if you think that tab that is butt welded to the cage is superior you're definitely mistaken. The tabs should be atleast radiused around the cage and gusseted, there is a ton of stress there.

Honestly I don't even think NHRA would approve that to run an 11 second pass on a drag strip. The heim, sure that's great, but what it's mounted to is really not that great.

I really hope they refine the design and the car works better and safer. I also hope you get your car soon and get to enjoy some of that Utah riding, but I've kind of finally had enough of the shit you spew.

It is radiused around the cage, can see it the best from the below picture. Doesn't look to be done as cleanly as they did it on the XX (something LOF already agreed on) but it is radiused.

307775014_5390635390990993_9146940078443072510_n-jpg-a1ade03798940c02fcd0aa84350aacdd-jpg.1155920

EPL

Reaction score
That does not appear to be stamped

View attachment 1155905

Beyond this I don’t care. There is no need to argue about it. The other cars on the market are also made of tin and I’ve seen every brand tear trailing arm mounts out.

If it breaks I will fix it. It will probably never break under my normal use with my family.
For sure your won't break because you won't leave your keyboard long enough to break it. Can troll social media stirring up shit while driving an sxs hard enough to break it !

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

View attachment 1155949

Hey i edited my post as you replied lol. I personally have seen RG’s old shop as well seen what kind of fabricator he is. I also diced up with them a little back in Parker a year and a half ago. The cars do work, but when the mass production happens it’ll be real interesting to see what actually gets changed.

The updated photos shows the bracket a lot better, but your argument on be welded flat tab round tube, it is a common occurrence on all things with a cage and we’re a double stitch really comes in handy. But even double stitched it will eventually pop off like a Lego.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I reached out twice to you publically to squash whatever it is and you ignored it.

You are gaining momentum in your insults towards many RDP members.

You had to respond directly to my post when I came back.

You are the only member on here I have any issues with.

You need to use all your Fingers and toes to count how many people have a problem with you. Shit that isnt nearly enough to come up with a count.

I was wrong calling you an idiot. I meant to say fucking idiot.

Carry on. Lol

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
So Robby told me my first car should he delivered around Halloween. Todd told me early November so somewhere between there for spot 113

That would be good news, because I'd only be 12 cars behind you for the 2nd one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Quick story.. I was standing next to one of the cars and there is a guy standing there messing with one of the doors.. he said “look at this it’s terrible” because he could pull it back and forth about 3/4 of ah inch..

I grabbed the door opened it and shut it completely and now that it was actually latched it didn’t move at all. Lol.

I don’t know why everyone is so quick to try and be negative.. but that little story pretty much sums up this thread and others like it.

In person if you compared them side by side with anything else out there they are extremely impressive.

Nordie

Reaction score
Quick story.. I was standing next to one of the cars and there is a guy standing there messing with one of the doors.. he said “look at this it’s terrible” because he could pull it back and forth about 3/4 of ah inch..

I grabbed the door opened it and shut it completely and now that it was actually latched it didn’t move at all. Lol.

I don’t know why everyone is so quick to try and be negative.. but that little story pretty much sums up this thread and others like it.

In person if you compared them side by side with anything else out there they are extremely impressive.
I actually agree with this, my buddy bought a new 2 seater non turbo rzr 1k, I found the doors extremely cheap. Definitely not a deal breaker, I have no idea why people are hung up on the doors.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Can anyone answer how many original spot holders are left and how many have been sold because they are fed up with waiting for a car

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
So Robby told me my first car should he delivered around Halloween. Todd told me early November so somewhere between there for spot 113
Again though no date of when the car would actually be delivered not hating at all but you would think both of them would be on the same page of when a real car would be delivered

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Thank you for at least putting some thought into the response.

I'll start out by pointing out that this shit show is the most viewed thread on the site. It is a side show. A side show that people view religiously. They say they hate it yet don't turn away. I find that fascinating, and half of the reason I even participate is when something like this comes up is to ask "Why did you click on the thread in the first place for the 42nd day in a row if you are so sick of it?" I will also say that some people take this personally, I have no idea why. It is banter on the internet. There is probably only 3 people on this site I would not sit down and have a beer with. And they aren't the 3 you'd think. The lengths people will go to tell me I'm wrong is comical. The things they will say or rationalize in one thread that are completely incongruent with their stance in another thread keeps me coming back. To some degree I do it as well at times, especially when I have a fish on the line.

I've never claimed to be the victim of anything related to this forum. Lets' take the recent bans a few months ago. Did you see me complaining? No. I knew exactly what was going to happen because everyone was told what was going to happen. Who complained? Who asked for exception to be taken even after the gauntlet was thrown down? - The people that cant admit they were also acting like children right along with me. No I am no victim, but that does not mean I won't point out my experiences. All I ask is that people hold them selves to the same standards they hold me to. Don't be a hypocrite and say I'm acting like a child as you yourself act like one to me. - FYI I am not referencing "you" here.

I've never said I'm smarter than anyone, but you can choose what you want to believe from my tone. My tone is not always positive, it is not always negative. Read through the lounge. There are dozens of posters with the same tones daily. You or anyone else does not have to read my posts or theirs. You can ignore them, and ignore me. Take a look around, the forum is full of cheap shots, all day every day. I've been on the receiving end of plenty of them. I've dished them out for sure. Find where I've called people direct names, insulted their family, job, boat, given name or anything else. I won't say it hasn't happened ever, but is extremely rare. I was a moderator here for a year and saw all of it. Half of the posts here are "holier than thou" or "I know better" in nature. Everyone is always right, and never wrong. Everyone tattles on everyone else. Its a preschool for middle aged men. I'm just running around the playground.

The car - If you don't like it because of me, don't buy one I guess. That seems an illogical leap to make, since I didn't design, build, market, test, or sell the car. The tab and its assembly are claimed to be forged by Speed, I claimed the tab IS radiused around the cage, exactly as you indicated. The pictures prove that it is indeed radiused around the mating surface. That is what I claimed initially. It is not gusseted, I did not argue with you that maybe that could be stronger. The Sideliners are the ones that said no I was wrong, it was not a radiused tab, and was a flat bracket welded to a round tube and "filled in with weld". We now have proof that was in fact wrong from pictures this morning, it is clearly a radiused tab. To be honest I don't know what we are still talking about there other than armchair engineering. You say it could be stronger, sure it could always be stronger. I say I'll leave it to the people that have decades in experience with such things, and it is probably going to be fine for my needs, and it is at least as strong as most if not all the cars on the market.

I'm not a off road car designer, I don't know if you are. Speed has had this rear suspension design out in one form or another for 7+ years. I figure they know how to make it work, don't you? If you don't believe that piece is forged as Speed says it is, take it up with them. Maybe it isnt, and RG was talking out of his ass. I was just relaying what they said in their video. I was not 100% sure yesterday, if it was ALL forged brackets or just the outers. Again I was called out for that. Confirmed today that Speed claims all 4 of those bracket are forged pieces integrated into the chassis. You can choose to believe that or not. I have nothing to add beyond what they have said on this one.

As far as changing my words there, they haven't changed, it is all still there, go read it and quote it. Today there are pictures and documentation supporting most of what I said. I'm not smarter than anyone else in this area, I just watched the videos because I care to be informed about the product because I have an interest in it.

If you have had enough, tell the other participants to also practice what they preach, and put us all on ignore. Or just put me on ignore and ask Whatexit for information on the car when you are curious.

If it isn't obvious already, If you don't talk shit to me, I wont talk shit to you. I have plenty of positive interactions with people here frequently and daily. I even have normal conversations with people I go back and forth with who seem to not take things personally. LunaticFringe is one.

Again, Thank you for a reasoned response.

counterpart7

Reaction score

View attachment 1155949

Looks like I was wrong, might actually be a forged bracket.

I still don’t think it’s strong enough and the XX design is superior. Hopefully no one will have issues.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I reached out twice to you publically to squash whatever it is and you ignored it.

You are gaining momentum in your insults towards many RDP members.

You had to respond directly to my post when I came back.

You are the only member on here I have any issues with.

You need to use all your Fingers and toes to count how many people have a problem with you. Shit that isnt nearly enough to come up with a count.

I was wrong calling you an idiot. I meant to say fucking idiot.

Carry on. Lol

Ignored it because you began both threads talking down to me as you asked for me to apologize and as such the entire premise of an olive branch was laughable.

Why do do you think those threads were deleted? It wasn't me that deleted them, and it wasn't just me that thought you were living in an alternate reality.

I don't have any issues with you, so my advice it to let it go.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Looks like I was wrong, might actually be a forged bracket.

I still don’t think it’s strong enough and the XX design is superior. Hopefully no one will have issues.

Thank you, Seriously. First time in all this time anyone has actually come out and revised their stance after more info came to light.

I do agree with you, I like the XX version better. But at this point, the Speed design isn't changing for this MY and I hope as well it does not prove to be an issue.

You proved me wrong. I didn't think you'd say anything and just gloss over it. Respect 👊

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Ignored it because you began both threads talking down to me as you asked for me to apologize and as such the entire premise of an olive branch was laughable.

Why do do you think those threads were deleted? It wasn't me that deleted them, and it wasn't just me that thought you were living in an alternate reality.

I don't have any issues with you, so my advice it to let it go.
Let what go?

Alternative reality???? I am as real as it gets LOF

Nobody ever had to say about me that in real life he is a great guy.....lol

I is whats I is (said in a popeye slang) haha

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Thank you for at least putting some thought into the response.

I'll start out by pointing out that this shit show is the most viewed thread on the site. It is a side show. A side show that people view religiously. They say they hate it yet don't turn away. I find that fascinating, and half of the reason I even participate is when something like this comes up is to ask "Why did you click on the thread in the first place for the 42nd day in a row if you are so sick of it?" I will also say that some people take this personally, I have no idea why. It is banter on the internet. There is probably only 3 people on this site I would not sit down and have a beer with. And they aren't the 3 you'd think. The lengths people will go to tell me I'm wrong is comical. The things they will say or rationalize in one thread that are completely incongruent with their stance in another thread keeps me coming back. To some degree I do it as well at times, especially when I have a fish on the line.

I've never claimed to be the victim of anything related to this forum. Lets' take the recent bans a few months ago. Did you see me complaining? No. I knew exactly what was going to happen because everyone was told what was going to happen. Who complained? Who asked for exception to be taken even after the gauntlet was thrown down? - The people that cant admit they were also acting like children right along with me. No I am no victim, but that does not mean I won't point out my experiences. All I ask is that people hold them selves to the same standards they hold me to. Don't be a hypocrite and say I'm acting like a child as you yourself act like one to me. - FYI I am not referencing "you" here.

I've never said I'm smarter than anyone, but you can choose what you want to believe from my tone. My tone is not always positive, it is not always negative. Read through the lounge. There are dozens of posters with the same tones daily. You or anyone else does not have to read my posts or theirs. You can ignore them, and ignore me. Take a look around, the forum is full of cheap shots, all day every day. I've been on the receiving end of plenty of them. I've dished them out for sure. Find where I've called people direct names, insulted their family, job, boat, given name or anything else. I won't say it hasn't happened ever, but is extremely rare. I was a moderator here for a year and saw all of it. Half of the posts here are "holier than thou" or "I know better" in nature. Everyone is always right, and never wrong. Everyone tattles on everyone else. Its a preschool for middle aged men. I'm just running around the playground.

The car - If you don't like it because of me, don't buy one I guess. That seems an illogical leap to make, since I didn't design, build, market, test, or sell the car. The tab and its assembly are claimed to be forged by Speed, I claimed the tab IS radiused around the cage, exactly as you indicated. The pictures prove that it is indeed radiused around the mating surface. That is what I claimed initially. It is not gusseted, I did not argue with you that maybe that could be stronger. The Sideliners are the ones that said no I was wrong, it was not a radiused tab, and was a flat bracket welded to a round tube and "filled in with weld". We now have proof that was in fact wrong from pictures this morning, it is clearly a radiused tab. To be honest I don't know what we are still talking about there other than armchair engineering. You say it could be stronger, sure it could always be stronger. I say I'll leave it to the people that have decades in experience with such things, and it is probably going to be fine for my needs, and it is at least as strong as most if not all the cars on the market.

I'm not a off road car designer, I don't know if you are. Speed has had this rear suspension design out in one form or another for 7+ years. I figure they know how to make it work, don't you? If you don't believe that piece is forged as Speed says it is, take it up with them. Maybe it isnt, and RG was talking out of his ass. I was just relaying what they said in their video. I was not 100% sure yesterday, if it was ALL forged brackets or just the outers. Again I was called out for that. Confirmed today that Speed claims all 4 of those bracket are forged pieces integrated into the chassis. You can choose to believe that or not. I have nothing to add beyond what they have said on this one.

As far as changing my words there, they haven't changed, it is all still there, go read it and quote it. Today there are pictures and documentation supporting most of what I said. I'm not smarter than anyone else in this area, I just watched the videos because I care to be informed about the product because I have an interest in it.

If you have had enough, tell the other participants to also practice what they preach, and put us all on ignore. Or just put me on ignore and ask Whatexit for information on the car when you are curious.

If it isn't obvious already, If you don't talk shit to me, I wont talk shit to you. I have plenty of positive interactions with people here frequently and daily. I even have normal conversations with people I go back and forth with who seem to not take things personally. LunaticFringe is one.

Again, Thank you for a reasoned response.
So who are the 3?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Let what go?

Alternative reality???? I am as real as it gets LOF

Let go of whatever problem you have. Show me where on the doll I hurt you?

What problem with a person you haven't met that has not affected your life in any way could you possibly have?

Status
Not open for further replies.