WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How do people /couples do it ???

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
My wife and I are polar opposite’s on many issues. Some we get 100%. But damn. Watching the local news And how it is programmed to one sided Bullshit. We find ourselves arguing every night if the news on. Yep. Turn the fucking news off and read up on your own. Then If you still feel that way we have things to work through. Love her to death. No plans of leaving. But fuck. How do their brains work sometimes 🙄

Move if necessary obviously

Last edited:

cofooter

Reaction score
My wife and I are polar opposite’s on many issues. Some we get 100%. But damn. Watching the local news And how it is programmed to one sided Bullshit. We find ourselves arguing every night if the news on. Yep. Turn the fucking news off and read up on your own. Then If you still feel that way we have things to work through. Love her to death. No plans of leaving. But fuck. How do their brains work 🙄

She may be thinking the same about you? Gotta let her give her opinion and move on, it's not worth arguing about because you are not going to change her mind. Focus on what's important or you're never getting laid again, haha

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I haven't watched the news since we lived at Nacimiento. That news cast wasn't too bad. The others.... suck. I do not miss it at all.

Roosky01

Reaction score
Honestly, I could never live with a woman that didnt share the same values as me. It sucks that politics have become so entrenched in our lives, but there is no way I'm going to waste any time on a woman who thinks the shit that is happening now is "good"...

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
She may be thinking the same about you? Gotta let her give her opinion and move on, it's not worth arguing about because you are not going to change her mind. Focus on what's important or you're never getting laid again, haha
So very true. But opinions turn to arguments. One sided. Gettting laid not an issue. Angry sex sometimes is just. Well let’s say. 😱

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Honestly, I could never live with a woman that didnt share the same values as me. It sucks that politics have become so entrenched in our lives, but there is no way I'm going to waste any time on a woman who thinks the shit that is happening now is "good"...
I’m not taking necessarily values. Just political BS. She doesn’t think all is good by any means. But does bring up other ways of thinking. Not that agree 100%

Roosky01

Reaction score
I’m not taking necessarily values. Just political BS. She doesn’t think all is good by any means. But does bring up other ways of thinking. Not that agree 100%
Its sucks, but the political world has become so entrenched in everything, but most of all values. At least it seems that way to me? The liberal mind is at odds with every damn thing I believe in...

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Our next anniversary is #33. We are opposite on quite a few things.

Mostly we end up turning the more serious issues into an informal friendly debate. We give each other time to lay out our points and discuss them like adults. It’s fun and engaging.

Often one of us will change position on a given topic based on this. Even when we agree to disagree, it’s respectful and we move on..

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Our next anniversary is #33. We are opposite on quite a few things.

Mostly we end up turning the more serious issues into an informal friendly debate. We give each other time to lay out our points and discuss them like adults. It’s fun and engaging.

Often one of us will change position on a given topic based on this. Even when we agree to disagree, it’s respectful and we move on..
For the most that is us. Going on 35 this November. Just seems to be getting g harder as the days / months/ years go on.

2Driver

Reaction score
The news is meant to enrage you or frighten you stay engaged. Absolutely no different than click bait BS on the web.

Alert, breaking news, flood alert, 50 million people effected, worse case scenario possible. For fucks sake a cloud can’t come over without a tornado, hail, flood weather alert. Be aware of what they are trying to pull off.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
How does someone “watch” the news? We cut the chord on cable/satellite like 6-7 years ago! If you are married to someone who thinks just like you and agrees with every thing you do then I got news for you. Thats a dude…. (Sic. Crazy hot matrix)

cofooter

Reaction score
The news is meant to enrage you or frighten you stay engaged. Absolutely no different than click bait BS on the web.

Alert, breaking news, flood alert, 50 million people effected, worse case scenario possible. For fucks sake a cloud can’t come over without a tornado, hail, flood weather alert. Be aware of what they are trying to pull off.
Yes, they dramatize everything, thats their job!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My wife and I are polar opposite’s on many issues. Some we get 100%. But damn. Watching the local news And how it is programmed to one sided Bullshit. We find ourselves arguing every night if the news on. Yep. Turn the fucking news off and read up on your own. Then If you still feel that way we have things to work through. Love her to death. No plans of leaving. But fuck. How do their brains work 🙄

Seems like you know the answer to the problem.

As for how their brains work???

There is no answer for that.

Gelcoater

Reaction score

Mr.C?

How old are you and Mrs C?

Before I say anything else, that’s a fair and very important question.😎😂

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
I stopped watching the news yesterday when they were telling young kids not cooking chicken in NyQuil to get hight

LBsuperJET

Well-Known Inmate #1155
Reaction score

I'm in the same boat with my wife bro. In the end, I have just decided not every relationship needs to be about politics etc. But I echo everything you said.

Reid

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Both the “news” and social media will be what instigates civil War..

The invention of “opinion peaces” where facts are secondary to opinions is fucking crazy.

If you listen to one side or the other they twist shit so crazy it resembles nothing of what actually happened

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Some of you know my recent history with my mates / wives and want to say I was in political alignment with both of them. It didn't make one bit of difference when shit went sideways. I think you are looking at your relationship in a wider lens but need to focus on what really matters to you. If you really love and appreciate her, and she does you, you will work it out and reach a middle ground / understanding.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Then you have already live through that which I have not experienced.

You’re on your own, pal😂😇
I have no complaints. I just don’t get some stances she chooses to take at times.
And felt like I’ve been on my own more than once. But. Will get through it

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
One question. What does your wife think about the dem guy intentionally running over and killing what he believed to be a Maga?
The boy was 18 yrs old. The perp has been released.

My wife grew up in a CA dem family. But, she's now more conservative than me.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I have no complaints. I just don’t get some stances she chooses to take at times.
And felt like I’ve been on my own more than once. But. Will get through it
Their brains are just wired different. And memory like an elephant, holy shit . . .

Do you remember that time that you _______😳

I leave you guys with this.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
bye-out.gif

DLC

Reaction score
I like to watch the local news before bed….

my Wife reads the news when she wakes up in the morning
she is all upset about the supreme court’s Abortion overturned …. I try to explain how the pendulum swings….she doesn’t want to hear it.

i also try to explain how there are outside influences to guide / push the population into areas that are not the norm

She thinks I’m a red neck on some things

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
100%. Would never work with me. Ever.

DLC

Reaction score
There are so many political issues these days and they are created by these F’d up stupid elected bone heads

1-
Homeless - the county is paying for hotels, where ever they book rooms there becomes an increase in crime, prostitution, vandalism, drug use etc

2-
taxes are on a spike upwards

3-
going green doesn’t work right now maybe in the future

4-
we are becoming a lawless society

I can go on

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
One question. What does your wife think about the dem guy intentionally running over and killing what he believed to be a Maga?
The boy was 18 yrs old. The perp has been released.

My wife grew up in a CA dem family. But, she's now more conservative than me.
Fuhrer Biden's speech with the nazi inspired theme motivated that deal, and many others we haven't even heard of yet. If the roles were reversed it would be non-stop coverage. Liberalism is a cancer, and Joe Biden is a pawn in a bigger game (he's also a child sniffing pervert who needs to answer for all he's done).

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Fuhrer Biden's speech with the nazi inspired theme motivated that deal, and many others we haven't even heard of yet. If the roles were reversed it would be non-stop coverage. Liberalism is a cancer, and Joe Biden is a pawn in a bigger game (he's also a child sniffing pervert who needs to answer for all he's done).
You covered that well, but left out being a classic enabler when it comes to Hunter. When it comes to his daughter . . . looks like she's spoken about that in her diary. We don't see much of the daughter. And she is the only child of the often seen Joe and Jill relationship. Interesting. . . . . ? Crickets.

bonesfab

Reaction score

Can’t
understand
normal
thinking.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
#1 - Don't watch the news and if you feel the need to read the news read the "Facts" from both sides.

#2 - Don't talk to anyone about the news, politics, or religion unless they can answer how it personally affects them directly (No friend of a friend bullshit) and WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO DO ABOUT IT because complaining to me doesn't do a dam thing.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
How does someone “watch” the news? We cut the chord on cable/satellite like 6-7 years ago! If you are married to someone who thinks just like you and agrees with every thing you do then I got news for you. Thats a dude…. (Sic. Crazy hot matrix)
If im good at reading between the lines what are you saying about the threads that grow fastest on here? 🤔😂

All i know is the in the lake Powell threads everyone agrees and thinks the same! 😁