WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The car owners will be happy to pick their cars up from a dark alley between two homeless camps, they aren't going to give two shits about what a building looks like....can't believe people are even commenting about how the building "looks"...

Exactly. That place needs about 2 days of cleanup to be ready to do what it needs to do which is - store UTVs for delivery, provide a place for people to do paperwork, and host customers.

The inside is finished with some offices and such already, it’s not just a giant open warehouse.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
All right let’s get a final head count who is in its 20 dollar buy in but you can bet as much as you want

Drop your name with how much your betting

riverroyal

Reaction score
So it’s a delivery warehouse. Not a display showroom as we all thought and were told.
Noted

outboard_256

Reaction score
All right let’s get a final head count who is in its 20 dollar buy in but you can bet as much as you want

I am confused on the pay out. If I win you donate $20 to the charity and I get nothing. If you win I donate $20 to the charity and you get nothing? Is that how this is going to work?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

What is happening? Why would you bet as much as you want if no one is betting against you?

If 10 people bet pre 12/3 and 5 bet post 12/4 that does not work out.

Unless we are back to all the money goes into a pool for some cause, but not everyone agreed to that.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Why do you guys have to crap on LOF’s wet dream? Lol

Their wet dream is me and others not getting a car. They are just going to wet the bed when it happens. 😉 The closer it gets the more irate they are getting.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont so what it the best way to do this with a 20 dollar buy in I am not really a gambler so who gets paid out and how dose all that work?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@LargeOrangeFont so what it the best way to do this with a 20 dollar buy in I am not really a gambler so who gets paid out and how dose all that work?

Why are you asking me? There are plenty of degenerate gamblers in here :)

If we are betting on the over/under for a particular day in a pool, the opposing party needs to have the money to match or cover the other side.

Example - If we have 10 people for $20 each for 12/3 delivery, the other side needs to match $200, even if there are only 3 people ($60) That is the only way it is fair. You can’t put $60 up against $200.

Probably the better way is for people to handle their own bets.

This will turn into a shit show either way :)

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Why are you asking me? There are plenty of degenerate gamblers in here :)

If we are betting on the over/under for a particular day in a pool, the opposing party needs to have the money to match or cover the other side.

Example - If we have 10 people for $20 each for 12/3 delivery, the other side needs to match $200, even if there are only 3 people ($60) That is the only way it is fair. You can’t put $60 up against $200.

Probably the better way is for people to handle their own bets.

This will turn into a shit show either way :)

hence why the degenerates should just donate a total of $260 to a worthy cause :)

hallett21

Reaction score
I’ll take the action on 12/3 delivery at $20

To clarify I need one or more speed cars delivered to a retail consumer before 12/4 12:00am to win.

If you take the bet you’re betting me $20 that cars will be delivered after 12/3 11:59:59pm.

JJ McClure

Reaction score
Someone should just start a poll. Terms and conditions. Before/after x date. That could clarify the bet and the bettors.
My .02

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I think LOF is house and anyone can pool with him. They take individual bets from members and pay accordingly to each member.

So if only 3 people bet on house side and 10 on other side. Then those 3 need to cover the 10 and if the house wins all 10 pay and split that amongst the 3

Make sense?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think LOF is house and anyone can pool with him. They take individual bets from members and pay accordingly to each member.

So if only 3 people bet on house side and 10 on other side. Then those 3 need to cover the 10 and if the house wins all 10 pay and split that amongst the 3

Make sense?

No I’m not putting in that much effort or chasing people around to cover their bets.

hallett21

Reaction score

Make sense?
No lol.

I’ll take 100% of all action that says deliveries will happen after 12/3 at $20 a bet

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Where does all the fix it work ( I broke my (alleged) car cause' I think I'm a hucker like the IG rooks). Take place?:rolleyes:

jesco

Reaction score
My buddy has (2) pre-orders, car 1 is in the low 100s, car 2 in the 300/400 range. He thinks he is gonna sell car 1, make enough profit to pay off car 1, pay cash for car 2, and buy a new flatbed trailer... I keep hearing people saying they are gonna sell their car #XX and use that profit to pay for their second car which is #XXX..... and getting a free car? Im wondering how thats gonna work? Lets say theres 2700 pre-orders. I have heard once in full production they are hoping to get 120 cars out the door a day... So lets just say they can do 100 a day, in a month or two they are caught up and no orders to fill. Why would somebody pay $90k/$100k for a car that they could order to their spec, their graphics, and wait a few months and pay $50k/$60k for it. Im sure somebody will do it, and it will get posted in here "I TOLD YAH SO", but I just don't see this happening a lot. My thought is anybody who "HAS TO HAVE ONE" already has one on order. The rest of us are sitting back watching how it all pans out and will decide on buying after the first season is in the books. Maybe Im missing something.

And for the record, not a hater. I like the car, and have met Robbie and been to his house years ago. Just not seeing the math work like some are thinking, but I could be dead wrong.

hallett21

Reaction score
I think the more realistic outcome is that they make the difference between their locked in price and todays current MSRP.

Seems like there’s a shortages of units amongst all brands.

The majority are not doubling up lol.

My buddy has (2) pre-orders, car 1 is in the low 100s, car 2 in the 300/400 range. He thinks he is gonna sell car 1, make enough profit to pay off car 1, pay cash for car 2, and buy a new flatbed trailer... I keep hearing people saying they are gonna sell their car #XX and use that profit to pay for their second car which is #XXX..... and getting a free car? Im wondering how thats gonna work? Lets say theres 2700 pre-orders. I have heard once in full production they are hoping to get 120 cars out the door a day... So lets just say they can do 100 a day, in a month or two they are caught up and no orders to fill. Why would somebody pay $90k/$100k for a car that they could order to their spec, their graphics, and wait a few months and pay $50k/$60k for it. Im sure somebody will do it, and it will get posted in here "I TOLD YAH SO", but I just don't see this happening a lot. My thought is anybody who "HAS TO HAVE ONE" already has one on order. The rest of us are sitting back watching how it all pans out and will decide on buying after the first season is in the books. Maybe Im missing something.
And for the record, not a hater. I like the car, and have met Robbie and been to his house years ago. Just not seeing the math work like some are thinking, but I could be dead wrong.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

You are not wrong. If they start firing these off at 40+ per day like they want to, the window of high markups will be only a few months. There is a 1 year backlog of cars, even at those production numbers. All the dealers are advertising them at a bit of a markup. There is a 16000 car backlog. They need to produce about 70 cars a day to catch up.. as of now they have almost a year of production to do.

As you said there are only 2XXX custom cars on order. Some dealers have some of those "custom" cars on order as well. Those custom cars are getting done first, and that is not a ton of cars to be out there in the entire southwest market, so I think you will see $50-$60K+ prices on these things for people trying to flip them quickly on cars they paid $32-40K for. Dealer cars on order are coming after that.

$80-90K seems a stretch but it might happen on the first couple hundred for people with full options cars, right time, right place, etc.

Given that a stock Pro R at the sand show was $50K... it stands to reason these will go for a similar amount to start, and depending on options, go up from there.

If I sell my current car, and sell my first Speed car for low $50Kish, I will pay 0 out of pocket for my 2nd car. So I see where he is coming from.

Last edited:

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I think the more realistic outcome is that they make the difference between their locked in price and todays current MSRP.

Seems like there’s a shortages of units amongst all brands.

The majority are not doubling up lol.

I agree...

If you got in early there is $$$ to be made. (not as much as people will claim when you throw in sales tax,fees)

The market has shifted and money cost more now.

But yeah you could make 10-15k. People that think they are selling for double are crazy or they have an in with a prince in dubai that just has to have it.

First In

Reaction score
4AF3109F-A297-4B0D-A9C2-D5FCE4225E14.jpeg

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
By the time all you haters and fanbois figure out the parameters of the betting, Speed might have actually finished and delivered a car to someone.

I'll simplify it for you all.

Mail me a check for $20.00 to $100.00 each and I'll donate it to my favorite charity.

DLC

Reaction score
I think someone needs to buy a shit ton of beer or have some delivered from the Florida freeway accident and we can sit down
and

then discuss this betting process…

I’m pretty good at drinking beer!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
By the time all you haters and fanbois figure out the parameters of the betting, Speed might have actually finished and delivered a car to someone.

I'll simplify it for you all.

Mail me a check for $20.00 to $100.00 each and I'll donate it to my favorite charity.

The fanboys had this all drawn up yesterday

As usual the trolls are under the bridge figuring out what went went wrong. 😉

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I agree...

If you got in early there is $$$ to be made. (not as much as people will claim when you throw in sales tax,fees)

The market has shifted and money cost more now.

But yeah you could make 10-15k. People that think they are selling for double are crazy or they have an in with a prince in dubai that just has to have it.

$12k is just table stakes between the $32k original price and today’s $43k price + $1300 E85 key.

And all the option parts went up 10% more since we locked them in, so selling your options for MSRP is a 10% net gain as well.

The fees you are just going to pass on to the next guy, (if smart they will register it in AZ with no sales tax) or sell it before you even register it and let them pay the tax and reg.

Then we get to the nut cutting of how bad do they want to cut in line and have the newest car out there.

I think $15k ish profit for the early adopters is probably the reasonable place to start after seeing stock Pro Rs going for 5k over MSRP. I bet we might see a heavy premium for the first few dozens of them though

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Better hurry and sell before the toy market crashes from this biden created depression.

Too many people out there with money to worry about dumping a SXS that there will only be several hundred of at best this year.

People will be coming out of the woodwork to buy these things once they start to drop. Not tons of people, but way more than there are cars available.

Can Am is doing nothing for ‘23 so Polaris and Speed are the only games in town for top line UTVs.

jesco

Reaction score
Can Am is doing nothing for ‘23 so Polaris and Speed are the only games in town for top line UTVs.
A Salesman at Berts told me at the Sand Show that he thinks CanAm is releasing a new model in December... He said they have to do something to complete with the new ProR and the Speed car... He said they were told they couldn't order anymore 2023 X3s until the December release. Take it for what its worth, I agree they need a new model.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
A Salesman at Berts told me at the Sand Show that he thinks CanAm is releasing a new model in December... He said they have to do something to complete with the new ProR and the Speed car... He said they were told they couldn't order anymore 2023 X3s until the December release. Take it for what its worth, I agree they need a new model.

I’m sure they will do a RRR model or something 😂. I heard today 23 is a push and expect big change in MY 24.

They could fairly easily bump up the power to 210 HP or something… those ‘22’s were no joke.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Too many people out there with money to worry about dumping a SXS that there will only be several hundred of at best this year.

People will be coming out of the woodwork to buy these things once they start to drop. Not tons of people, but way more than there are cars available.

Quoted for a later date

Status
Not open for further replies.