WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

First time in my life..

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
I like Chick Fil A but I had it early on as a kid.....Grew up near Puente Hills mall which had a Chick Fil A in the mid 70's....
I too love Chick-Fil-A.

They also do a great job of keeping the line going. You order and pay in line, and just pick up your meal at window. It’s amazing how smooth it is.

I just think it’s ridiculous that they are closed on Sundays. What a waste!

It should be noted that Chick-Fil-A is the closest fast food to my home.

Fast food I miss from the West…….
Jack in the box
Carls Jr
Beef Bowl
Tokyo Bowl
any fast food place with the name “berto’s” in it. (Filiberto’s, Rolibertos, Roberto’s,) lol

My local Jersey Mikes charges $18 for a large Italian sandwich. Makes Chick-Fil-A seem quite reasonable.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Eh it’s ok. I don’t understand their philosophy about no condiments on the sandwiches and if you don’t remember to ask for a specific sauce it’s pretty dry and tasteless.

At least offer regular condiments in addition to their weird sauces.

Their waffle fries are pretty good and their lemonade is also good, but the sandwiches need help. Of all of them the spicy chicken deluxe is the most tolerable with sauce.

Me personally i would go to Wendy’s or Popeyes before CFA for better chicken sandwiches. Even KFC has more flavor on their chicken sandwich.

hman442

Reaction score
They opened one near me about a year ago. Paper talking about it, news coverage...line around the block...for months. We finally went to it a few weeks ago, coming home from a vacation, driving by about dinner time. WTF? It wasn't horrific or anything, just barely average fast food.I don't get what the masses are raving about either. I do like the fact that they are closed on Sunday, that's kinda cool. I remember the days when the hardware store closed at noon on Saturday, and not much else open besides gas stations, etc.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
They were very supportive of our Scout troop several years back. We have one in Whittier now. I like it but way to much sodium to have on a regular basis. My wife likes the cale salad.

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
my kids like it but I like Canes more I like the bread and cole slaw and the canes sauce

4Waters

Reaction score
Chik Fil A isn't GREAT but to say its uneatable is a bit dramatic....its a fkn fastfood chicken sandwich, what you expect?? I personally like Popeye's over Chik fil A, but their service usually sucks which is normally the opposite of CFA

Now here is where I am probably going to get sh*t, I think In n Out is overrated....the burger is OK and their fries SUCK....I'd go to 5 Guys ten times over..
Five guys burgers are good but tge fries are fucking horrible, soggy. When they opened here in Simi (now closed) they would do the fries well done and then they were fantastic, a few months later we were told corporate said we can't do that anymore because we are famous for our signature fries. I canceled my order and left so did 80% of their customers, east coast people like their deep fried food soggy, nasty.

I think In N Out fries are the best, even better when we'll done.

C-2

Reaction score
Another +1 vote. Their diet lemonade is great, but the fries suck.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
I can eat for less $ at my local sports bar during happy hour.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Five guys burgers are good but tge fries are fucking horrible, soggy. When they opened here in Simi (now closed) they would do the fries well done and then they were fantastic, a few months later we were told corporate said we can't do that anymore because we are famous for our signature fries. I canceled my order and left so did 80% of their customers, east coast people like their deep fried food soggy, nasty.

Ha ha ha In-N-Out french fries are some of the worst ant any fast food place. They’re potato sticks warmed up.

petie6464

Reaction score
Congratulations on consuming ultra processed "food"

Mcintyrelocal

Reaction score
I cant believe no one has mentioned Chick Fil a's Mac and Cheese, it's surprisingly good, I like the nuggets but the Sandwichs could use some help. But, an order of Mac And Cheese with the nuggets mixed in is pretty damn good IMO...

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Much like that guy with the mirror image of my screen name, I’ve never eaten st this place.

For fried chicken sandwich?

2 choices
If you want it just junky junk food. Popeyes.

If you want it a notch up Wendy’s program is the deal.
Dave Thomas the founder of Wendy’s at one time, worked for a certain Colonel Sanders.
And incorporated some herbs and spices, and adopted the not deep fried, but pressure cooked chicken.
In high school I worked for ol Dave and know how it was made, at least back then.
Chicken at Wendy’s! Absolutely!

Wendy’s Chili....😳🤨
Nope.

Don’t ask. 😇

WAAZ

Reaction score
You may not like the food but the places are clean and employees are pleasant.
That’s a home run for fast food
I like it
This and the fact that they’re closed on Sunday. How much money are they leaving on the table being closed 52 days a year?? I can’t think of another company that would even consider that.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I’ve only had it a few times. It’s a good chicken sandwich. But I don’t get the craze. But I would eat it.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

Really in and out fries? If you don’t eat them right as you get them they get hard. Maybe I’ll try them well done next time. The animal style helps though.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I can't believe how many of you fags don't like Chick-fil-A..lol. That shit goes back to high school and eating it at the mall before they started popping up restaurants. The regular sammich is good. And the nuggets don't even need sauce cuz they're seasoned. Waffle fries be good.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I can't believe how many of you fags don't like Chick-fil-A..lol. That shit goes back to high school and eating it at the mall before they started popping up restaurants. The regular sammich is good. And the nuggets don't even need sauce cuz they're seasoned. Waffle fries be good.
I will never see you in the same light again. This is the date everything changed. 😃😃

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
In n out fries are the most awful thing on the planet. Might as well have a bag of chips. Like the burgers. The fries ruin it for me.

theyre one of the few restaurants where the fries are actually made from freshly cut potatoes. you can see the guy in the kitchen missing his fingers by a 10th of a second with every potato.

every other place is compressed instant potatoes or freeze dried fries at best.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
One time after all these years chic filet or whatever it called. Walnut Creek couple weeks ago. Seems the chicken well prepared,place clean. Ordering to go @ Chic probably notches above what McDonalds peddling these days but,too friggen much figure out & confusing what their procedure is to order food and drinks first time thru the door. Reading a menu off the fucking wall is not sit down restaurant. Eating out of a paper bag in my vehicle ok,but not when i walk in to sit at table.
I will never get tired of Black Bear or Sams in LHC. Comfortable tables & full plates, Interesting people at every table having a good time,especially weekends. Waitress right there with Menu & drinks. At Sams no menu needed they just bring me my Club Sandwich on Sour Dough and damn good coffee and both places fix whatever weird combination my wife wants,mostly her off menu concoctions.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I've never tried the place and this thread affirms my decision.

4Waters

Reaction score
Really in and out fries? If you don’t eat them right as you get them they get hard. Maybe I’ll try them well done next time. The animal style helps though.
Oh yeah, got to eat them first for sure

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Much like that guy with the mirror image of my screen name, I’ve never eaten st this place.

For fried chicken sandwich?

2 choices
If you want it just junky junk food. Popeyes.

If you want it a notch up Wendy’s program is the deal.
Dave Thomas the founder of Wendy’s at one time, worked for a certain Colonel Sanders.
And incorporated some herbs and spices, and adopted the not deep fried, but pressure cooked chicken.
In high school I worked for ol Dave and know how it was made, at least back then.
Chicken at Wendy’s! Absolutely!

Wendy’s Chili....😳🤨
Nope.

Don’t ask. 😇
You giving Wendy’s chili the finger? Or maybe half the finger? :p

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
theyre one of the few restaurants where the fries are actually made from freshly cut potatoes. you can see the guy in the kitchen missing his fingers by a 10th of a second with every potato.

This. Like them or hate them they are about the most fresh fast food fries you can get. They were a potato 30 mins ago.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score

If you want fresh or organic, just go to a vegan place....the food will taste like shit there too. 😂

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
It's chicken bro, how good do you want it to be? It's just CHICKEN!!!!!! And potatoes! The two most bland foods on earth! At least it's actually chicken, a lot better than a bunch of the other fast food offerings.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
This and the fact that they’re closed on Sunday. How much money are they leaving on the table being closed 52 days a year?? I can’t think of another company that would even consider that.
Just Hobby Lobby, and they do it for the same reason.;)

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I like the place, the lines move fast and the workers are all so nice. The fact that the left calls it “hate food” makes me like it that much more. Their sauce is so bomb you could put it on a old shoe and it would taste great.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Having lived in both the West and now the East……. Chick-Fil-A and In-N-Out have the same cult following. They both stand out in their regions. Just saying

This is actually a fun thread with some really funny responses!

I was never really a fan of Jack In The Box, but they don’t have JITB in Florida. Because of that…… boy do I crave a Sourdough Jack.

Its been 30 years since I had a Tommy’s Burger. They deserve an honorable mention in this thread! I loved those burgers. If I ate more than two……. I could fart the Star Spangled Banner, for the next hour. Lol

Badchoices03

Reaction score
In n out fries are the most awful thing on the planet. Might as well have a bag of chips. Like the burgers. The fries ruin it for me.

Yup thats my stance...the burger is good, but a burger goes hand in hand with fries...and their fries just plain suck so its a no for me...LOL

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Having lived in both the West and now the East……. Chick-Fil-A and In-N-Out have the same cult following. They both stand out in their regions. Just saying

I was never really a fan of Jack In The Box, but they don’t have JITB in Florida. Because of that…… boy do I crave a Sourdough Jack.

Its been 30 years since I had a Tommy’s Burger. They deserve an honorable mention in this thread! I loved those burgers. If I ate more than two……. I could fart the Star Spangled Banner, for the next hour. Lol
My dad loves Tommy’s tamales. He is also banned from having them on the road.

4Waters

Reaction score

Drove by the original Tommy's yesterday, it was hard to keep driving

v6toy4x

Reaction score
my kids like it but I like Canes more I like the bread and cole slaw and the canes sauce
This, once you finish with chik you have to move over to Canes
1663868517495.jpeg

4Waters

Reaction score
The pretzel bun pub cheeseburger at Wendy's 👍👍

ltbaney1

Reaction score

5 guys, besides somehow costing $18 for a burger and fries, i hate how they wrap the burger in foil and smash it down and then throw it the bag and dump the soggy fries on top.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
The pretzel bun pub cheeseburger at Wendy's 👍👍
Funny you mention that I just had one of those for the first time yesterday, all I can say is the greasier it is the better it tastes and it tasted pretty good!

4Waters

Reaction score
Funny you mention that I just had one of those for the first time yesterday, all I can say is the greasier it is the better it tastes and it tasted pretty good!
Had one last night, it was delicious

Cdog

Reaction score
I’ve never tried the 5 guys.
Something about the name isn’t very alluring.
Had they named it 5 Ho’s...🤔
I call it 5 gays. Never been. $15-20 for a burger, fries & drink? Fools and the money, easily separated.