WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Trip to Austin, Texas….

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Here for a few nights with @BUDMAN and his better half and a couple other friends. Never been to Austin or even Texas. Let’s see what kind of trouble we can get into here.

Easy three hour flight from LAX.

Attachments

• 3D133153-EAE4-4128-84BD-FCC66993B35E.jpeg
    3D133153-EAE4-4128-84BD-FCC66993B35E.jpeg
    660.2 KB · Views: 58

Cdog

Reaction score
Terry blacks. Get the beef rib, green beans and peach cobbler.

Barton Springs Chewys Tex Mex goes off on Thursdays. It's like college night or something. Always lots of good people watching

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Never been to Texas?!?!

Well you still haven't. Austin isn't Texas 😂

Looking for some insane food - Dai Due. All Texas ingredients, lots of wild game.

East 6th is the safer bar area vs. West 6th.

Rainey Street is way different with the high rises around it now but still a crazy bar hopping spot.

Buy some boots.

Eat too much BBQ.

Drink a Lonestar or Shiner.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Never been to Texas?!?!

Well you still haven't. Austin isn't Texas 😂

Looking for some insane food - Dai Due. All Texas ingredients, lots of wild game.

East 6th is the safer bar area vs. West 6th.

Rainey Street is way different with the high rises around it now but still a crazy bar hopping spot.

Buy some boots.

Eat too much BBQ.

Drink a Lonestar or Shiner.
Lone Star Light!! regular Lone Star is nasty lol! I always bring a case of LSL back to Vegas when I go home

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Here for a few nights with @BUDMAN and his better half and a couple other friends. Never been to Austin or even Texas. Let’s see what kind of trouble we can get into here.

Easy three hour flight from LAX.
This should be a good time.

Attachments

• 2B280E98-3D3E-4D2E-840E-F27A39B0A00B.jpeg
    2B280E98-3D3E-4D2E-840E-F27A39B0A00B.jpeg
    349.3 KB · Views: 21

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I'll be interested to see what you think. We just got back. Going to spend a lot more time there in the next year and probably move to DFW by sometime next year.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Esther’s follies is fun, but the music and bar scene is funner!

81Sprint

Reaction score
Mandatory grub when we race at Cota.

Now they have one in downtown Dallas too.
I've been to the one in Dallas. It's in Deep Ellum which is not the greatest of areas, but Beef rib, mac and cheese and peach cobbler!

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Terry blacks. Get the beef rib, green beans and peach cobbler.

Barton Springs Chewys Tex Mex goes off on Thursdays. It's like college night or something. Always lots of good people watching
X2 on Terry Blacks, damn good... That Beef ribs is amazing, just be ready as its probably $60.00-$70.00 ea.

Been going to Terry's for years.... Going to try La BBQ next.

Quiet Cannon

Reaction score
Traveled to Austin for my wife's business this last summer. I cruised around while while she was at work seminars. Beautiful place, but the amount of young hippsters and electric scooters sprawled all about totally ruined it for me. Crazy expensive. College town. Like it was said above, Austin is not Texas, more of a mini-California. Not a cowboy hat or sidearm in sight.

Cdog

Reaction score
I've been to the one in Dallas. It's in Deep Ellum which is not the greatest of areas, but Beef rib, mac and cheese and peach cobbler!
It’s a cultural experience down there. Lol! Never had any problems though.

I was just there 2 weeks ago. This time we went to Lawrys. Oh wow! That was a treat..

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Got a rental car or just visiting downtown? Some great eats and sites in the outlying areas of Austin.

Mellow Johnny’s bike shop is downtown unless you hate cycling and/or Lance Armstrong.

4Waters

Reaction score
Do the Comal River Float, all of you will definitely enjoy it, bring a cooler with some beer and rent a tube for the cooler.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Torchy's Tacos is pretty good spot for lunch. They have some pretty awesome tacos with all kinds of strange combos and good margaritas!

x2 on the Lone Star

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Reading some of the inmates posts. Austin seems to have some nice places to eat for being a "rectum". :rolleyes::p
When the homeless downtown are taking a shit in the bed of your truck while you have lunch...the description is accurate. The beggars are also hyper aggressive down there... Austin pre-scamdemic was a lot different...most of 6th st went under and is either still boarded up, or became a "hip hop" Club.....

OP get out of the city and into the hill country..lots to see and do.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Welcome, we went out to Lake Travis a couple months back, it is low. I have never had a Lone Star, Yuengling is pretty good, they finally opened a brewery outside of PA, it is in Dallas/Ft. a year ago. Barton Springs is an interesting water hole to go see.

USMC2010

Reaction score
When the homeless downtown are taking a shit in the bed of your truck while you have lunch...the description is accurate. The beggars are also hyper aggressive down there... Austin pre-scamdemic was a lot different...most of 6th st went under and is either still boarded up, or became a "hip hop" Club.....

Been here a year, happy to say we haven't been to 6th street.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Salt Lick Barbecue for sure! The Pecan Pie there is amazing!!!

Singleton

Reaction score

This.
I used to enjoy heading to Austin for work. Now, not so much.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I don't think anyone mentioned the wineries, breweries, and distilleries around Fredericksburg. That's a pretty awesome area.

I recently saw a winery on Instagram in the area called the Rhinory. You drink wine and hang out with Rhinos 🤠🇺🇸