WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DASH CAM….. Which One

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
The fkn roads resemble more of a destruction derby more than a place to travel it seems. I got hit awhile back, she admitted fault at the scene, then recanted that with her insurance folks. After MONTHS of me forcing the issue, they have FINALLY placed her at fault.

I’d like to stick something reasonably priced (under $200 preferably) in my commuter ride to help with anything in the future.

What do the inmates recommend?

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
This...past several months. No Issues. Its not a plug it into your cig lighter but more of a hard mount install product.
Still easy and no suction cup bullshit. The adhesive pad sticks that thing to the glass and its been 6 months perfect.

The A330D is what I'm using. Plus I bought the hard wire kit.

Last edited:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Been looking into this myself recently.
Have been reading/watching a ton of reviews, seen lots of recos for this one.
1471069F-5B8F-4DC7-89FD-AC87F38E2D96.png

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Been looking into this myself recently.
Have been reading/watching a ton of reviews, seen lots of recos for this one. View attachment 1159684

I just bought the A129 (same as above I think, but dual setup front and rear) for one of the trucks after also seeing various positive reviews.

Haven’t installed it yet, keep you posted

LittleLaser28

Reaction score
A Tech YouTuber recently did a review of ten dash cams. It’s a pretty neat watch if you have the 20 minutes. If not, he pretty much says most dash cams get all there internals from two different factories. So you won’t actually get better quality despite spending more money.

He chose the A129 as the best set up for the money. Good luck!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I have an older Garmin 45 that works well

Your ad here

Reaction score
Holy shit. Don't ever show that to your insurance guy. You appear to live in a very dangerous place to drive.
Everyday shit in North Scottsdale. It's normal. The clip with the red truck on the freeway is a typical scene at every damn freeway exit. What's wild here is Phoenix is a grid system and 90% of the people, even the ones that grew up here, can't figure it out.

78DiMarco

Reaction score
The fkn roads resemble more of a destruction derby more than a place to travel it seems. I got hit awhile back, she admitted fault at the scene, then recanted that with her insurance folks. After MONTHS of me forcing the issue, they have FINALLY placed her at fault.

I’d like to stick something reasonably priced (under $200 preferably) in my commuter ride to help with anything in the future.

What do the inmates recommend?
My son got me the ROVE R2-4K for the RV. Takes great video and images. Has a lot of bells and whistles. I think it's in your price range and you only need to get the SD memory card and you are good to go. I got the largest card I could get (512Gb) and have been on two week trips without it over-writing any footage. Just make sure to get a good quality Micro-SD card (Class-10 U3 or higher) or you'll have issues... Samsung suggested... good luck

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The dashcams I've put in both the wife's car & my pickup are rear view mirror type(displays view in mirror) so it doubles as a backup camera too.
In the truck it also doubles as the mirror when I have my 5th wheel hooked up. Installed a camera on back of trailer that I can turn on and see behind me while driving. Dig that feature.

pronstar

Reaction score
Let us know what you think of it. 👍

How are you gonna mount it, and more importantly power it?

E.g. run a cord vs. tapping a lead near the top of the windshield/headliner/mirror location

2Driver

Reaction score
They are great to leave on when your car goes into the dealer for service.

The Toyota dealer did a brake job on my Tundra. I got out on the road, hit the brakes and the truck almost vibrated me out of the seat. They warped my rotors when they turned them. The guy never road tested it, which is a requirement of the dealership. The camera showed him taking the truck from the service bay to the service parking lot 50’ away.

Later the service writer said he test drove it, I then confronted him with the proof. The guy that did the work admitted to only driving it to the parking space and counting that as the road test.

stonehenge

Reaction score
They are great to leave on when your car goes into the dealer for service.

The Toyota dealer did a brake job on my Tundra. I got out on the road, hit the brakes and the truck almost vibrated me out of the seat. They warped my rotors when they turned them. The guy never road tested it, which is a requirement of the dealership. The camera showed him taking the truck from the service bay to the service parking lot 50’ away.

Later the service writer said he test drove it, I then confronted him with the proof. The guy that did the work admitted to only driving it to the parking space and counting that as the road test.
Haha, had a similar situation. It was like ferris buellers day off in the parking garage. I left a vehicle at the dealership with the camera left on, these 4 wrench monkies decided my rig was the "go to lunch rig" they all piled in for a test drive, work had yet to be done, drove like idiots, one of the fucking retards tore a hole in my back seat with something he had in his pocket. Anyways, when I picked it up and saw the mileage, and the torn seat I blew a gasket. Watched the video and had a coronary arrest.

Went straight to the owner of the dealer, by-passed all the dip shit middle fucks. Needless to say it got handled. Heads rolled, and I stopped using the dealership.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My son got me the ROVE R2-4K for the RV. Takes great video and images. Has a lot of bells and whistles. I think it's in your price range and you only need to get the SD memory card and you are good to go. I got the largest card I could get (512Gb) and have been on two week trips without it over-writing any footage. Just make sure to get a good quality Micro-SD card (Class-10 U3 or higher) or you'll have issues... Samsung suggested... good luck
And here is a returned/open box one for $79.99

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
NICE. Thanks for posting this. I grabbed one. I was worried about running wires all through my headliner and shit, but found a company (Dongar Tech) that makes an adapter that uses the auto dimming mirror. Fucking sweet (whenever they get restocked anyway).
Those Dongar Tech adapters are a huge life saver. I've been meaning to get one for my car. I currently use the cigarette lighter adapter.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Those Dongar Tech adapters are a huge life saver. I've been meaning to get one for my car. I currently use the cigarette lighter adapter.
It should be here today or tomorrow. I’ve been putting off getting a camera in my truck for a while, because of the fear and hassle of hardwiring it cleanly. I wanted to be able to get in the truck and drive and not worry about powering on / off the camera. Wish I’d found those guys sooner.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
It should be here today or tomorrow. I’ve been putting off getting a camera in my truck for a while, because of the fear and hassle of hardwiring it cleanly. I wanted to be able to get in the truck and drive and not worry about powering on / off the camera. Wish I’d found those guys sooner.
Let me know how it works out. I think they are only available for vehicles that have auto dimming mirrors.

WildWilly

Reaction score

thats the exact reason I haven't put one in yet, dealing with hardwiring it. I just need to verify the plug type on mine and I'll be ordering, thanks for the tip

retaocleg

Reaction score
great thread as my wife and other commuters from work are looking into this.........love to have the MPH on the video too

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Go on YouTube and look at some dash cam videos , you won’t want to drive anymore

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Let me know how it works out. I think they are only available for vehicles that have auto dimming mirrors.
5B3B26C6-DF23-48B4-8D92-BA588C4D62D9.jpeg

Worked out awesome. Short little run over to the plastic trim for the mirror, and down.. comes on with the ignition and I don’t have to worry about or think about it at all.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I have a cobra sc-201. A couple weeks ago I got some great footage of me breaking up a large group of biker boyz blocking traffic slowly in all lanes so they could play. I've been a rider longer than I have been driving but they were so wrong. I enjoyed the hell out of it.

pronstar

Reaction score
Dammit, Dongar Tech doesn’t make a GM adapter

“Why don't you support my GM / Chevrolet / GMC / Cadillac?
We cannot build adapters for any GM brand vehicles due to emergency response features built-into their mirrors. “