WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yellowstone Season 5

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Love it. We may have to rewatch the first seasons again! Been a while between seasons..

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Wonder if their will be any gun fights this year.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
There were a couple of seasons of SOA that were pretty bad. They made a comeback though. I’m trying to staying positive for Yellowstone that they get back on track.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
We just re watched seasons 1-4. Ready to see what they come up with for 5.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Season Premier is Sunday, Nov 13th. Looking forwasrd to it. Just saw that this season has 8 episodes in it.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
One of my neighbors has been working on the set in Montana. He just got back. They were working 7 days a week he said.
Get er done before the snow ❄️ ⛄️ that’s what their plan would have been.

Peto

Banned
Reaction score
Too much mumbling for me. Can't stand the show....

NicPaus

Reaction score
Something to that effect. He was supposed to be there until Feb. Cold sending them elsewhere .

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
One of my neighbors has been working on the set in Montana. He just got back. They were working 7 days a week he said.
My cousin is out there, or will be back out there. He came back for the birth of his twins. He said they were planned on being out there until February. But he may be on the prequel 1923 or whatever its supposed to be.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Anyone recognize this guy? Last week our NYC daughter found herself talking with Cynthia Daniel. When she looked over at Cynthia's husband our daughter said, "Please excuse me. But by chance, does your huband play the part of the ranch foreman on Yellowstone?" Cynthia smiled and replied, "Yes, he does." Our daughter couldn't believe it. So, here she is with Rip. Our daughter said they were both really nice.
IMG_2974.jpeg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Anyone recognize this guy? Last week our NYC daughter found herself talking with Cynthia Daniel. When she looked over at Cynthia's husband our daughter said, "Please excuse me. But by chance, does your huband play the part of the ranch foreman on Yellowstone?" Cynthia smiled and replied, "Yes, he does." Our daughter couldn't believe it. So, here she is with Rip. Our daughter said they were both really nice. View attachment 1170262
Your daughter has a good celeb eye... he could walk through town unnoticed with his normal looks I bet.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Yes, she does. Plus she never meets a stranger. We’re talking Madeleine Albright, Sharon Ozborn, Paul McCartney etc etc etc etc

Dunerking

Reaction score
Did you catch the trailer for new season? Her natural voice has British accent... these actors get crazy voice training for these parts.
She had a small part in one of the Sherlock Holmes movies with RDJ..showing of that natural voice.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Anyone recognize this guy? Last week our NYC daughter found herself talking with Cynthia Daniel. When she looked over at Cynthia's husband our daughter said, "Please excuse me. But by chance, does your huband play the part of the ranch foreman on Yellowstone?" Cynthia smiled and replied, "Yes, he does." Our daughter couldn't believe it. So, here she is with Rip. Our daughter said they were both really nice. View attachment 1170262
@DaytonaBabe may just try to find out when and where your daughter saw him so she can retrace his steps and find him. lol!

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score

That's so awesome!

Your daughter certainly handled it better than I would have 😆 My approach would have been way different. I woulda thrown a leg on him and held on like Jimmy riding those bucking broncs.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
She did her best to hold her cool. She called us immediately after meeting Rip and his wife. It was about a dozen OMGs before she got her words out. Our daughter arrived in NYC in 2001, immediately after graduating from the U of AZ. She was 300 yds from Ground Zero on 911, saw the 2nd plane hit etc etc. She grew up in Carlsbad and Camarillo, going family RVing with us in the Eastern High Sierras, numerous house boat and river trips. But, she’s definitely a NY city girl now. She’s an Exec VP with Morgan Chase. We’re very proud of her. She truly does meet many interesting people. A few years ago she called from the Ladies Room and said, “Dad, you’ll never guess who I’m having lunch with!! Ann Coulter! !

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Last new years, I was charting it up at the bar (waiting for the bartender to take my order) with some big dude that looked like he could be Lyle Alzado's brother.

Turned out we had a mutual friend. He said he was going to be on the next season of Yellowstone. He told me who his character will be, and what his character will be doing, but I'm not giving up the info yet.

I have run into him a couple times since. I will be curious if he will show up on the show.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
That's so awesome!

Your daughter certainly handled it better than I would have 😆 My approach would have been way different. I woulda thrown a leg on him and held on like Jimmy riding those bucking broncs.
FWIW - Rip and his wife ended up asking for NYC pizza suggestions. Our daughter gave them the top 5, with details about each. She’s very much aware of the town and its best places.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Some boating content for Yellowstone. For a while, star Kevin Costner’s boat was a very nice, but no frills, custom built Radon. He’s very much into So Cal diving and fishing. Not sure, he may still have the boat.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Some boating content for Yellowstone. For a while, star Kevin Costner’s boat was a very nice, but no frills, custom built Radon. He’s very much into So Cal diving and fishing. Not sure, he may still have the boat.
Didn't know that he cruises around Newport Harbor haunts but that'd make a lot of sense .... surprised my peeps haven't run across ole Kev

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I think the first act of John Dutton as Governor to double the property tax, charge sales tax and raise vehicle registration fees for out-of-state non-residents would be well received by Montana voters. Still, I find it ironic that this show contributed significantly to that problem.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think the first act of John Dutton as Governor to double the property tax, charge sales tax and raise vehicle registration fees for out-of-state non-residents would be well received by Montana voters. Still, I find it ironic that this show contributed significantly to that problem.

Why would anyone want sales tax and double the property tax? Isn’t it the taxes that will ultimately be responsible for the downfall of ranches like the one portrayed in yellowstone?

thmterry

Reaction score
Sad start to season, lots of death. Baby, horse, cow, bison, park animals all get killed in episode.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
wasn't the increase in property taxes for non residents only? (non primary property) That is what is done in Utah
Why would anyone want sales tax and double the property tax? Isn’t it the taxes that will ultimately be responsible for the downfall of ranches like the one portrayed in yellowstone?

The fictitious tax legislation was discriminatory to non-resident owners. Primary residents would be exempt from the proposal.

I believe Montana needs to take advantage of the people dodging sales tax on luxury items by creating a Montana LLC and registering high-value boats and vehicles in Montana without ever stepping foot in the state. We could raise the annual tax rate on these items, and people would still do it to keep from paying sales tax. We could use that money to offset low-income housing, combat opioid addiction, improve education salaries, etc.

I agree with the storyline in the show where Dutton says he intends to stop Californians and New Yorkers from using Montana to dodge the shitty policies of their home state. Even with the character being a corrupt, murdering, cheating scoundrel with some pretty fucked up family members and friends, I would vote for him. This statement says a lot about where we are politically in the country. After all, We Montanans just gave Zinke a house seat, and he resigned from the secretary of the Interior over corruption allegations.

Montana has a housing crisis primarily caused by out-of-state owners. Be it vacation homes that sit empty or VRBO rentals. If I were king, I would make this practice less attractive through tax increases. FWIW we make relatively large purchases when we are in Arizona for winter because we can't find the items in Montana. We are happy to pay the sales tax, and we pay AZ registration only to re-register in Montana when we return.