WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Outboard Church

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
20221021_161109.jpg
20221021_160616.jpg

This was place we offered on before we got our place here. Glad we are where we are.
Ran entire Lil Niangua & Big Niangua this afternoon

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
That last pic is a bunch of seagulls & pelicans.

This morning we are picking up friends at their dock then down to Bagnell Strip for breakfast, 39 miles, and who knows what detour hydration stops on the way back. NautiFish rum bar was great yesterday.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
That last pic is a bunch of seagulls & pelicans.

This morning we are picking up friends at their dock then down to Bagnell Strip for breakfast, 39 miles, and who knows what detour hydration stops on the way back. NautiFish rum bar was great yesterday.

I’m jealous!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Didn't make it to Bagnell Dam because 20-30mph winds came in. Went about 14 miles down lake to The Hatch at Millers Landing for excellent breakfast. Stopped to drop friends off at their dock & needed hydration. Wife ran the Shadow back thru some sloppy water while giggling the entire time. Another great day at LOTO
20221022_123938.jpg

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
130+ miles in Shadow this morning. Put her on the trailer & tucked away in garage. Took hot wife, her Mom, & buddies to early dinner at Moonies on cruiser
20221023_174126.jpg

HST4ME

Reaction score
Always wondered how a gull wing would run with an OB. Probably a pretty fun smooth water ripper.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Talon ...interesting boat.
Not so fast...102 w/300xs (not bad)?
Turned like a Porsche...
Nose rode too low...easy to stuff.
Cool lines. Cramped interior with console in the center, was my experience.
Power assist steering and unique hull design made for an incredible handling and confidence inspiring ride.

DB8CF219-DCEE-46B6-80FE-6DB1FABD1746.png
4635E321-9E53-427E-B3A2-037BBA0A34D2.jpeg

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
Talon ...interesting boat.
Not so fast...102 w/300xs (not bad)?
Turned like a Porsche...
Nose rode too low...easy to stuff.
Cool lines. Cramped interior with console in the center, was my experience.
Power assist steering and unique hull design made for an incredible handling and confidence inspiring ride.

View attachment 1167331 View attachment 1167363

Faster than a Cougar 22MTR!

RCDave

Reaction score
Best Ive seen with a box stock 26 Bravo 1 XS is 94.

The 21 footers are much faster.

HST4ME

Reaction score
Was looking at a new 22 talon to put my 280s on ,then I sat in one. Missed out on the beautiful 22 mtr a few years ago that I posted on here. That one is ticking off 102 with a 300x and the motor an inch too low. I'd really like a 24 tuff to put them on but I'm not giving up the 15 inch mids.
Dunno...guess I'll just sit and stare at them,still new in the boxes.

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Was looking at a new 22 talon to put my 280s on ,then I sat in one. Missed out on the beautiful 22 mtr a few years ago that I posted on here. That one is ticking off 102 with a 300x and the motor an inch too low. I'd really like a 24 tuff to put them on but I'm not giving up the 15 inch mids.
Dunno...guess I'll just sit and stare at them,still new in the boxes.
A buddy of mine has a couple 22’ MTR’s for sale...pm if interested!

War Canoe

Stainless Member
Reaction score
Sooooo badass
I thought they didn't allow capsule/canopy boats?
Do they still force outboards to run 1" below the bottom of the boat?
I was in disbelief when I saw what he was able to run.....either way, Congratulations on the win.

1. A capsule boat.....??
2. 450 Outboard horsepower....??

Al has connections to this race that allow him more room to do creative builds.
I’m going to call that progress. The only issue I see is no other boats were even close in parity. This 450R was a guaranteed win if it held together.

Get a 22’ Stoker or Cougar and bolt on a 450 and let’s build this class. As you can see, it was a fast combo. I just might reappear on the starting line if I could run a 450 HP boat.

Hey Ross! 450 Outboard class are headed your way. I hope you allow ALL of them to race. This will be interesting.

Last edited:

boat527

Reaction score
I was in disbelief when I saw what he was able to run.....either way, Congratulations on the win.

1. A capsule boat.....??

I’m going to call that progress.

Get a 22’ Stoker or Cougar and bolt on a 450 and let’s build this class. As you can see, it was a fast combo. I just might reappear on the starting line if I could run a 450 HP boat.

Hey Ross! 450 Outboard class are headed your way. I hope you allow ALL of them to race.
I was questioned over the past 3 years for putting a 400 on my 22 Stoker, ( on the FB site) to put mildly.

I wont go into it but I feel a little vindicated.

guess im part of the Church now.
20220818_203957.jpg

BigSteve

Reaction score

1. A capsule boat.....??

I’m going to call that progress.

Hey Ross! 450 Outboard class are headed your way. I hope you allow ALL of them to race.

BigSteve

Reaction score
Parker Enduro ...
Me and my bro Hanging out with Al Stoker before the brawl. We had some great moments out there. I liked racing Al...he was serious as a heart attack. He wanted to win. We wanted to win...This years race is Saturday!!! View attachment 1167374
Congratulations to Al
Great drive!
In 2009 we watched from Al's pit with John, learning how a professional gets it done 👍

Once again Stoker boat sets the standard of perfection in the next generation of high output outboards.
If you can't beat them,join them
I want one and it has a name WAR CANOE 111
It was riding in Bullhead Bullies 22 Stoker that hooked me and showed me the way
The rules committee drove me away from boating a dedicated die hard to search for other forms of entertainment. I learned what it takes to complete at Parker applied that and won more Championships that ending up winning a seat on LMP3 team l
This is what it takes to make me want to come back with a vengeance from the HELL they have put us through with a lap record .

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Congratulations to Al
Great drive!
In 2009 we watched from Al's pit with John, learning how a professional gets it done 👍

Once again Stoker boat sets the standard of perfection in the next generation of high output outboards.
It was riding in Bullhead Bullies 22 Stoker that hooked me and showed me the way
The rules committee drove me away from boating a dedicated die hard to search for other forms of entertainment. I learned what it takes to complete at Parker applied that and won more Championships that ending up winning a seat on LMP3 team l
This is what it takes to make me want to come back with a vengeance from the HELL they have put us through with a lap record .

Good to see you posting here.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
What would be the perfect single outboard to run the Enduro next year? I know a lot depends on how high you can run equal to or above the bottom obviously.
I've always wanted to run the Enduro and I'm not gettin any younger........

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
What would be the perfect single outboard to run the Enduro next year? I know a lot depends on how high you can run equal to or above the bottom obviously.
I've always wanted to run the Enduro and I'm not gettin any younger........
Well, as a Stoker driver I would have to say a 20 Stoker, but good luck finding a race layup, most of those have been destroyed. You can still get a new STV from Havasu and I see used STV's for sale on Scream & Fly quite often. If you don't want to run 100+ MPH you can be very competitive in Divison II with a STV, same can be said for a GMT or Sleekcraft if you can find one. You would want to run a 2.0 liter to 2.5 liter engine with these hulls for ease of set up. Other engines can be run but getting the set up right takes time and $$$$$.

If you want to run a more modern outboard (300x, 300xs, 300r or a Yamaha) you could look for a 21 or 22 Cougar, KMG, Eliminator, Liberator etc. and have some fun in Division VI.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Well, as a Stoker driver I would have to say a 20 Stoker, but good luck finding a race layup, most of those have been destroyed. You can still get a new STV from Havasu and I see used STV's for sale on Scream & Fly quite often. If you don't want to run 100+ MPH you can be very competitive in Divison II with a STV, same can be said for a GMT or Sleekcraft if you can find one. You would want to run a 2.0 liter to 2.5 liter engine with these hulls for ease of set up. Other engines can be run but getting the set up right takes time and $$$$$.

If you want to run a more modern outboard (300x, 300xs, 300r or a Yamaha) you could look for a 21 or 22 Cougar, KMG, Eliminator, Liberator etc. and have some fun in Division VI.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback & knowledge.
If I were to do something like this it most likely would be for fun because I don't have the budget to be competitive for overall.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
21’ Shadow with 300x hanging on back should be about right. 🤣

Ours is a bone stock Promax. Trust me its going thru my head just for the experience. I would have less than no chance of winning anything because my lack of seat time in a V

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Ours is a bone stock Promax. Trust me its going thru my head just for the experience. I would have less than no chance of winning anything because my lack of seat time in a V

DO IT!!

I'll come drink beer and watch!!!

Better yet, steal that rarely used Liberator down lake from you and run it!!!! :D

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Just reread my post. Any R motor would have to run Division VII. Same one Al just dominated.

Thank you VERY much
I bought a 21' Shadow with 300 Promax from War Canoe. Its my first performance V hull. I'm still learning to drive it. In current form & me being afraid of it, I'd be lucky to average 65mph per lap.
Once again, thanks for your input

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Congratulations to Al
Great drive!

I agree Steve they are definitely professional however a 1350 boat or capsule 450 OB monster on the same course as a 30 year old 2 liter REALLY ! No……
That race has never been about fair. Unfortunately since the enduro returned It’s been all about who you know or how deep your pocket is.

BigSteve

Reaction score
I agree Steve they are definitely professional however a 1350 boat or capsule 450 OB monster on the same course as a 30 year old 2 liter REALLY ! No……
That race has never been about fair. Unfortunately since the enduro returned It’s been all about who you know or how deep your pocket is.
Well said!
That's really why I left boat racing.
Rules need to be set in stone with plenty of prior notice, comment and suggestions ,with a expression date.
I still enjoy the steering wheel
Just with better rule books.
Love pulling over 2 g's cornering, practice endurance driving all the time. Try and run 200 laps in or more a month karting and running the Trans Am series championship winning car my brother gave me to practice with.
Looking forward to running the 24 hours of lemons with Scott,you should run with us.
After all we would be nothing without your serious training coach!