WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

How did you find RDP???😎

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
For me it dates back to the Hot Boat times then Performance Boat. I don’t remember exactly what happenEd but got wind RD was starting up his own web site. By that time I was ready to find something not so combatted. So hear I am.😎 Thanks Dave.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Found RDP looking for info on a tragedy.
Stayed because I liked the people I met in person because of that.

The knowledge base on a broad range of subjects has proven amazing, and the shit talking can be quite entertaining as well;)

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Not sure which to blame; Hot Boat, GS or Rouse Bros? It’s been a journey of characters, experiences and knowledge. Most of it somewhat boat related.

Javajoe

Reaction score
No clue. Weird because it’s the only social media site I’m on. I finally found a site free of judgement and no drama. I may join that site 😉

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Perma-banned from HB. Apparently sharing my experiences with Ray at Raylar didn’t go over so well. Or maybe it was the dick picts, who can really say?
Yeah me too although I can’t remember why.

PlanB

Reaction score
Stopped posting on HB in about 2006 and stayed away from boating forums for years. The back and forth with some of the douches on HB got old. Started posting here after lurking for a while. Better vibe than HB.

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
Ah ha…..Havasu Barney…wow you going way back.😎

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ah ha…..Havasu Barney…wow you going way back.😎

True story.. I was on hotboat and Barney hit me up to start a forum and I said no. I lived in Irvine at the time..

Barney said he wanted to meet me.. I said sure. He ended up driving out to Irvine and crashed at my house for several days before he talked me into starting that website with him. Lol

I still like Barney.. pretty amazing guy with an amazing life story. Shame he doesn’t come around anymore.

I started Riverrat life with Keith and jim
After that. After some differences of opinions I started rdp. Still talk to Keith and faith to this day. I don’t talk to Jim anymore but I’m not mad at him or anything, Jist went different directions.

RD

zhandfull

Reaction score
Think I saw something on Hot Boat back in the day.

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
True story.. I was on hotboat and Barney hit me up to start a forum and I said no. I lived in Irvine at the time..

Barney said he wanted to meet me.. I said sure. He ended up driving out to Irvine and crashed at my house for several days before he talked me into starting that website with him. Lol

I still like Barney.. pretty amazing guy with an amazing life story. Shame he doesn’t come around anymore.

I started Riverrat life with Keith and jim
After that. After some differences of opinions I started rdp. Still talk to Keith and faith to this day. I don’t talk to Jim anymore but I’m not mad at him or anything, Jist went different directions.

RD
I remember Riverratlife…we are going back to the archives!😎

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score
I heard about rdp selling T-Shrits to benefit the Lickity Split tragedy, purchased a shirt & some rdp stickers. Put a sticker on our Sequoia & was spotted on I-40 by LargeOrangeFont. He posted, I replied, been on ever since.

termiteguy

Reaction score
Back in early 2008 hotboat was going to shit quickly. I was in spankys and dave and stacy were there as well only reason I spoke to dave was he was wearing a rd suxs hat lol. I didn't recognize dave at first but I asked him where all the cool kids went from hot boat and his replay was rdp. I joined on monday when I got home. Been hear since. Btw dave invited me and now ex wife over to his house in the keys we didn't go to this day I still wish I had!! He told us if the shiada is is on the dock stop by for some beers

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I got an E-Mail from RDP -- I guess from Hot Boat days! :) ... Probably regrets it now!:D

I never had hit boats e-mail list as an fyi. Never had any email list point in fact except the one from this website

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
The reality is it was HotBoat.

Took Dave 2 years and a couple phone calls to confirm my membership though.
He may have sensed something?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Back in early 2008 hotboat was going to shit quickly. I was in spankys and dave and stacy were there as well only reason I spoke to dave was he was wearing a rd suxs hat lol. I didn't recognize dave at first but I asked him where all the cool kids went from hot boat and his replay was rdp. I joined on monday when I got home. Been hear since. Btw dave invited me and now ex wife over to his house in the keys we didn't go to this day I still wish I had!! He told us if the shiada is is on the dock stop by for some beers

You had me searching the memory banks.. someone made me a hat that said rd sux for my 30th bday.. lol. I musta been wearing it that day.

termiteguy

Reaction score
Lol it was kinda a big deal back then if I remember correctly there was a license plate also going around with people taking pictures with all over maybe even @BoatCop

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
There was a BIG (like 30 or 32 feet maybe) Schiada (I think) that was about 30 colors that I wanted to buy. The add was in here. By the time I got connected with the seller it was sold.

EDIT….. curiosity got me. A quick google search turned it up quickly.

Attachments

• 892ECA2A-20B1-47A7-80CD-95F71AB31866.png
    892ECA2A-20B1-47A7-80CD-95F71AB31866.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 47

4Waters

Reaction score
There was a BIG (like 30 or 32 feet maybe) Schiada (I think) that was about 30 colors that I wanted to buy. The add was in here. By the time I got connected with the seller it was sold.

EDIT….. curiosity got me. A quick google search turned it up quickly.
Wonder where it's at now

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
This could be some good marketing material for the RDP Team!😎