WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Speed cars hit the assembly Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordie

Reaction score
Im kind of with LOF on this one, maybe if the bet was until LOF takes delivery of his first speed car or something along those lines.

Although argumentative about everything, he does try to put information out there.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
We all knew that Mr. Know It All can't stay away...and is easily baited. It must be tiring posting your expert opinions and insights on so many threads lol lol...

Good morning Mr. Know it All Kettle!

I don’t even need to bait you anymore. You walk right in. 😉

Like I said.. you’d never take the bet.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Just watched the update show from Todd. While there was some good information said, he has become a expert politician. He answers customers questions without really giving a clear answer. Todays show was very evasive and it made me think thing's are still up in the air for Speed. Sounds like the first batch of car's will get delivered to customer's sometime before Christmas.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just watched the update show from Todd. While there was some good information said, he has become a expert politician. He answers customers questions without really giving a clear answer. Todays show was very evasive and it made me think thing's are still up in the air for Speed. Sounds like the first batch of car's will get delivered to customer's sometime before Christmas.

You talking about the 3 minute deal he did explaining why there was no show? Or is there another one?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You talking about the 3 minute deal he did explaining why there was no show? Or is there another one?

Todd did one this morning.

They had some quirks with a couple supplier parts that held things up. They addressed them, that took a couple extra weeks.

The customer cars we’ve seen pics of are getting accessories now.

They will call people at least 10 days out for pickup.

Expect the cars they have to be delivered before Xmas.

Assembly is ramping as they get more confidence in parts from suppliers. They don’t know how quick or aggressive they can ramp production yet.

After deliveries begin, expect 1 show a month.

Todd Bought a brand new Polaris Snowmobile that already has a stop sale/ stop ride on it. They want to avoid those like the plague. Those are not built into their business model. They are making every effort not to have those as they will be extremely bad press.

Last edited:

JFMFG

Reaction score

They had some quirks with supplier parts that held things up. They addressed them, that took a couple extra weeks.

Assembly is ramping as they get more confidence in parts from suppliers. They don’t know how quick or aggressive they can ramp production yet.

Todd Bought a brand new Polaris Snowmobile that already has a stop sale/ stop ride on it. They want to avoid those like the plague. Those are not built into their business model. They are making every effort not to have those as they will be extremely bad press.
So people will have speed cars by Christmas?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

They had some quirks with a couple supplier parts that held things up. They addressed them, that took a couple extra weeks.

Well now I’m in a weird spot of “do I buy another sxs or not?”

Are they going to let the first ones run around for a month or two? If so then I’ll buy another one.. if they are pretty confident that they can ramp up and I’ll have a car in Jan than it wouldn’t make sense to purchase a car for 45 days and then have to sell it again..

DLC

Reaction score
Not to be negative…..

but here goes!

This has become Charle Brown and Lucy holding the foot ball 🏈 so ol Chuck can kick it and then at the last minute she pulls the foot ball away …..

They should have gotten in front of this WAY before the last deadline ( yesterday ) ……

Just to make a New Deadline Date ( Christmas ) on the old Deadline Date ( thanksgiving )

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Are they going to let the first ones run around for a month or two? If so then I’ll buy another one.. if they are pretty confident that they can ramp up and I’ll have a car in Jan than it wouldn’t make sense to purchase a car for 45 days and then have to sell it again..

That is the magical question for sure.

I have seen nothing official that says they are going to let the first batch just run around for a month and pause, Have you?

That said, exactly that may be what happens in practice. The long pole in the tent and hardest to scale at this point is probably the final accessory assembly, not the actual building of the car on the assembly line.

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score

I would say no way your getting a car in January !

more likely mid / late February or March at the earliest !! Speed is being way to conservative to be dumping cars that quickly

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not to be negative…..

but here goes!

This has become Charle Brown and Lucy holding the foot ball 🏈 so ol Chuck can kick it and then at the last minute she pulls the foot ball away …..

They should have gotten in front of this WAY before the last deadline ( yesterday ) ……

Just to make a New Deadline Date ( Christmas ) on the old Deadline Date ( thanksgiving )

I agree, and I don’t think they should have ever even given dates at all. I and most people understand why the dates slip, but they just put themselves in a box with only one good way out.

Reactions: DLC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Oh I understand why the dates slip! And it’s better for Every one!

but

get out in front of it take ownership of it and move forward….

Agreed. I would have liked to have seen more of that since September.

Oh in the vid last night they seem to have been growing the pipeline numbers..

4k direct to consumer cars and 16k dealer orders according to Todd.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Serious Question: Insurance pay off on these situations? I mean adjusters or whoever at Insurance companies try to figure it all out?
1669405494931.jpeg

2Driver

Reaction score
Serious Question: Insurance pay off on these situations? I mean adjusters or whoever at Insurance companies try to figure it all out?
View attachment 1175294

If they have it, sure.
Friends young daughter kept running straight off a 4’ ledge dropping into the wash despite being told not to. Ended up folding the rear arms and she kept driving and destroyed a whole lot more …all covered.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
I understand that they are trying to mitigate "Stop Rides" but it WILL happen to Speed, and hopefully they will be in a position to deal with it. It will be a major domino effect for all other deliveries. Advice to RiverDave would be, buy that SXS for the season and summer of 2023. The deliveries are going to be a SLOW drip....

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I would say forever but you couldn't. So how about you tell me and the first one to post in this discussion owes other one 1k.

“Forever” is a stupid bet where no one wins. I’m not putting up $1k for someone to hold in perpetuity.

The bet was your idea. Come up with terms that have a beginning and an end, and a neutral party to hold the money and we can have a discussion.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I understand that they are trying to mitigate "Stop Rides" but it WILL happen to Speed, and hopefully they will be in a position to deal with it. It will be a major domino effect for all other deliveries. Advice to RiverDave would be, buy that SXS for the season and summer of 2023. The deliveries are going to be a SLOW drip....

Of course it will happen at some point.

They don’t want it to happen out of the gate. They don’t have dealers stocked with parts or trained yet, let alone the infrastructure put in place to deal with a recall or mass part revision.

People wonder why I don’t care when I get the car? This is why. I’m the one that has to deal with the problems, not the non customers. I signed up to be an early adopter, but I am hopeful for an experience free from catastrophic failures :).

Laguna

Reaction score
“Forever” is a stupid bet where no one wins. I’m not putting up $1k for someone to hold in perpetuity.

The bet was your idea. Come up with terms that have a beginning and an end, and a neutral party to hold the money and we can have a discussion.
Starting now as of 2pm pacific time ending January 1st.

JFMFG

Reaction score

Dave I assume you have RG number? Or ways to get ahold of him if really needed? Maybe you could reach out and just ask on a real note between just the two of you?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave I assume you have RG number? Or ways to get ahold of him if really needed? Maybe you could reach out and just ask on a real note between just the two of you?

I talked to him at the sand show and was told around Halloween. I figured Christmas…. But now I’m wondering if it’s even gonna be by Jan or Feb?

I guess we will just sit this season out.. Stacy’s already mad at me though. We went to the bunker bar today and she was not impressed taking her Denali there.. lol

She likes to go off-roading

riverroyal

Reaction score

Yes
Nobody over car #50 will have one this year.
Nobody over 1000 will one 365 days from now

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yes
Nobody over car #50 will have one this year.
Nobody over 1000 will one 365 days from now

I couldn’t imagine what facts you are basing that off of?

How are you picking who gets what and when?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The fact we dont know where the factory is
The fact number 1 is not in a garage Theres 5 weeks left this year. Are they delivering number 51 in 5 week? Hell no

How do you know for a fact there isn’t a 100+ of these things sitting in a factory in Mexico ready to go right now?

LuauLounge

Reaction score
I WANT TO SEE A RABBIT PULLED OUT OF A HAT.
But, at this time, there is no assembly line that's been shown. A handful of cars on carts in various assembly in a warehouse with no workstations, tools, employees, or parts to be seen. They must be hand built, one by one, for the number of cars that they have produced in the last few months.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
As much as i'm rooting for Speed, i'd be shocked if there are 100 cars, or maybe even any cars running by President's Day.
In my opinion they will have a 100 cars delivered before president's day. My concern is that won't be in full production by then and most customers won't start receiving their cars until May or June.

dezrtracer

Reaction score
I talked to him at the sand show and was told around Halloween. I figured Christmas…. But now I’m wondering if it’s even gonna be by Jan or Feb?

I guess we will just sit this season out.. Stacy’s already mad at me though. We went to the bunker bar today and she was not impressed taking her Denali there.. lol

She likes to go off-roading
Get another car Dave and sell it when the Speed Car is in your garage . Offroad season is here buddy ....

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I keep saying and concerned no matter 50,100,150 cars they damn well be perfect or this place alone going to create a slaughterhouse for RG. Delivering cars to RDP “TYPE A” members going to be a challenge for those first cars.
This weekend at the Landing been like a Dirt & Sand show of private owners. If there is a recession underway the morons in Washington need buy billboard space in LHC informing these guys around here. Everybody having a damn good time far as we can see.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
How do you know for a fact there isn’t a 100+ of these things sitting in a factory in Mexico ready to go right now?

Obviously nobody other than someone with insider knowledge could say for a FACT that 100 cars aren't sitting in a Mexican warehouse waiting to ship but logic dictates otherwise.

Robbie isn't someone who shies away from crowing about accomplishments, real or imagined, and for that reason, photos would be out showing these cars.
Pics that were posted by Speed or "accidentally" released by others.

There would be no logical reason to withhold that information particularly if they are able to blame CARB for the delays in delivery and not production.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Wasn’t there a post on here saying Robby said there’s tons of cars already built in havasu or somewhere?
Also, Dave I thought you bought another RZR already?

Dirtbag

Reaction score
AFTER SHOWING CAR NUMBERS ON A FEW PICS YOU WOULD THINK IF THEY HAD 100 DONE...THEY WOULD SHOW PICS OF CAR #91 OR LATER

SORRY BOUT CAPS

JDKRXW

Reaction score
I understand that they are trying to mitigate "Stop Rides" but it WILL happen to Speed, and hopefully they will be in a position to deal with it. It will be a major domino effect for all other deliveries.
If a stop ride or an unexpected 'problem' happens - i dont understand who's going to fix them.
The pre-sale direct to customer #'s seem to be around 3000 units. To me, it seems these have to be delivered before any dealers start getting supplied.
Why on earth would any dealer start supporting cars they didn't sell? .... and probably not get into their showroom for a year. Is RG actually going to pay retail labor rates to his dealers for repairs on direct sale cars? (I seriously doubt this). Is he going to pay commission on warranty parts used in these repairs? (I doubt this too).

Status
Not open for further replies.