WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Baby boy landon

gqchris

Reaction score
Hang in there Bigred!. Looks like he is doing awesome! I went thru a similar experience with my 9.8lb daughter. It was traumatic. Remember to be supportive of Mama once youre back to “ normality “. Its been 1.5 years since our birth, and it still affects my wife hugely.

Ill say it again, the Doctors and Nurses at Hogue literally saved my daughter and wife in split second decisions. I can never thank them enough.

Boat211

Reaction score
Just got caught up on the thread. Glad to see things going well. Enjoy the journey

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
Doc wants him out of here by Monday
Holy shit man. I haven’t been online for a few days so I’m just finding this thread. I swear to god we are living the same life right now. First off prayers to your boy and you two, sounds like he is doing better. So my wife had a scheduled c section on wednsday for our girl. We had some complications during pregnancy so she actually came early at 37 weeks. Our hospital sounds a little better than yours as far as Covid. I was allowed to be in all the rooms with her and we only had to wear masks when we were walking around or when we were in a room with a nurse or dr. So we came in on Wednesday and the c section went pretty good. I went with our daughter right after she came out. Her name is Rose. They took us up to the nursery and checked her and her sugars were a little low. They gave her some paste to bring it up and everything was fine. After a while I was finally able to see my wife and then we all were able to move into our room together. They came into our room and checked her sugar again and that’s when the shit show started. Sugar was low and wouldn’t come up with the paste so they took her to the nicu and had to do an IV. So they keep her there overnight and her oxygen dropped twice so that automatically makes it so she has to be there monitored for 3-5 days. Luckily she never had to go on oxygen because she was able to bring it back up on her own. So it’s now Thursday and we are going and seeing her every hour, mama is breastfeeding, and I’m running breastmilk back and forth when she’s too sore to get out of bed. Everything is going ok but mama started feeling a little sick. Fast forward to 11pm Thursday night I wake up and look at my wife and she looks like she is about to lose it. (My wife is a nurse so she has not called the nurse once to help her with anything) she yells at me she’s on fire and needs a nurse now, we call the nurse they come in and take her temperature and she has a 104 fever. They instantly start pumping her with meds and what not. Friday morning comes and she’s much better because of all the antibiotics and medicine. But now she’s positive for the flu and they tell her she can’t go down to the nicu anymore. I wasn’t in the room at the time so they didn’t say anything about me. I haven’t had a single symptom or anything but in my head I new I didn’t want to hold my daughter or feed her just in case I did have something but I did still want to be able to go down to the nicu to give the breastmilk to the nurses and talk to them so I knew what was going on because they would never call and give us an update. So yesterday I go down and take breastmilk like I always do and they start asking me questions about mama and symptoms and flu and at this point I start to get pissed because they can’t give me an answer or reason why I shouldn’t be there since I have no symptom, I’m wearing a mask, and all I want to do is drop off milk and get an update from the nurse. After that they stopped asking me questions and finally figured out I’m just a concerned dad that wants to be informed and able to know what’s going on. Mama and I are leaving the hospital today and baby Rose will probably be here for 2 or 3 more days until she stops having drops. Not trying to thread Jack here just wanted to share our experience and let you know that you are not alone! And I will say this, no offense to any medical workers but Covid has completely fucked our medical system. Once my wife tested positive for the flu not one person could tell us how long she is contagious for or how long we should isolate for. I have never been told so many “likes, sort ofs, maybes, I thinks” before in my life while dealing with medical things. Everyone just kept saying “well with covid we would do this” it’s like well that’s fuckin great Diane but this isn’t Covid! Lol ok rant over. Congratulations on your boy!! Our two river babies will be tearing it up in parker soon!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Well as if things could not getting any worse mom started having shortness of breath and chest pain last night had to run her down stairs to the ER and now she might have RSV

Had to look that up, she is definitely in the right place if she has it!

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
Me and baby are headed home in the morning mom has to stay overnight then she can’t be around baby for 5 days me and baby are headed over to see grandma in the morning
What a roller coaster. Praying for your family.

jesco

Reaction score
Man.... what a ROLLERCOASTER of emotion you guys are on!!! Awesome news little man is doing great. My son went through similar struggles, was in the NICU for 2 weeks... longest 2 weeks of my life. Praying for a speedy recovery for your wife so she can go be a mom to your son and start really bonding with him. PRAYERS SENT!!!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Wow what a thread.
Congrats to both families x1000.

Soldier through...it will all work out in the end.

We went through all that birth drama some 20+ years ago.
Daughter - emergency C Section after Mom had to be revived 2x. This is what a bad hospital is when unfortunately the Doc is not in town. The B team gave her an epidural while she was on magnesium for toxemia. Oops sorry about that.
Son - Mom was fine from a scheduled C section but Son was in NICU for 2 1/2 weeks for one issue after another and then many issues after that.

It all seems horrible at the time but you get to it, you both work it, raise your family, and watch them go places.
Don't blink...

Last edited:

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
396B8203-4FCA-412A-82D1-C59D8D16D261.jpeg

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
What a rollercoaster!! Gah, he's so cute, not my positive thoughts are to Mom! Keep us posted!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Good to see Landon is at home. How are things going for Mom?

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Good to see Landon is at home. How are things going for Mom?
Mom just got home from hospital she is cleared to see the baby so she is happy!!! She has to take some heart medicine because the birth was so stressful other then that she is good as new we only need the meds for a little bit and we will be all healed up thank you for asking!!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Mom just got home from hospital she is cleared to see the baby so she is happy!!! She has to take some heart medicine because the birth was so stressful other then that she is good as new we only need the meds for a little bit and we will be all healed up thank you for asking!!
Great news. Enjoy! Special times for each of you.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
So glad to here that she is back with the two of you. You all take care and be sure to get your rest. 👍

Socalx09

Reaction score
So happy to hear mom is home! Get lots of rest and enjoy the time together! Sending prayers to your family and hoping for the best holiday season for you guys!

Hammer

Reaction score
BR- I’m very happy to read everyone is home. What a crazy amount of emotions. I felt like I was there with you following this thread

In a few weeks all this will be a distance memory.

Congrats on baby Landon.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
What a blessing everone is home together. Now the fun begins!

4Waters

Reaction score
That's awesome news, so happy. Make sure you poke her at 2am when the baby starts crying and say "The baby wants you", they love that🤣

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Alls well that ends well......congrats man. Enjoy the sleep while you can. 😂

hallett21

Reaction score
Great news!!! Glad you’re all under the same roof again.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think anyone that has kids has been having a whirlwind of emotions. To some extent, we've been there. Of my three, one premie, one wife had emergency surgery at 6 months, and one C-section. When I first saw the thread, I know how jacked up the feelings are, stress, love and helplessness. Most of us deal with stress, but this is a whole other level we knew nothing about.

Prayers still going out to both @BIGRED9158 and @JLG614 .

Welcome to new levels of not knowing anything, and doing things you never thought you would.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Tip of the day after birth hormones are worse then pregnant hormones dad is going to need a lot of whisky 🥃 😂
Be sure to use a soft towel to bite on. Don’t try bitting your younger without one. 👍