WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Yellowstone Season 5

Backlash

Reaction score
I love the show and never get bored with John, Rip and Beth. They ARE the show in my opinion. 👍. Should be an entertaining season regardless.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The fictitious tax legislation was discriminatory to non-resident owners. Primary residents would be exempt from the proposal.

I believe Montana needs to take advantage of the people dodging sales tax on luxury items by creating a Montana LLC and registering high-value boats and vehicles in Montana without ever stepping foot in the state. We could raise the annual tax rate on these items, and people would still do it to keep from paying sales tax. We could use that money to offset low-income housing, combat opioid addiction, improve education salaries, etc.

I agree with the storyline in the show where Dutton says he intends to stop Californians and New Yorkers from using Montana to dodge the shitty policies of their home state. Even with the character being a corrupt, murdering, cheating scoundrel with some pretty fucked up family members and friends, I would vote for him. This statement says a lot about where we are politically in the country. After all, We Montanans just gave Zinke a house seat, and he resigned from the secretary of the Interior over corruption allegations.

Montana has a housing crisis primarily caused by out-of-state owners. Be it vacation homes that sit empty or VRBO rentals. If I were king, I would make this practice less attractive through tax increases. FWIW we make relatively large purchases when we are in Arizona for winter because we can't find the items in Montana. We are happy to pay the sales tax, and we pay AZ registration only to re-register in Montana when we return.

No sales tax on private party transactions in AZ.. one more benefit to the whaler lol..

Why not Jist setup an LLC in Montana like everyone else?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
4DD998BC-C98D-49E0-B9A5-2734D00205BC.jpeg

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Why not Jist setup an LLC in Montana like everyone else?
I am suggesting that Montana takes advantage of people who have a Montana LLC by placing a higher tax on the registration of those vehicles.

I've had a couple of Montana LLCs in the past; I don't need one to dodge the sales tax since I am a resident. However, if I buy something like a flatbed trailer from a dealer in AZ, I gladly pay the sales tax, and it's simpler to register Out of state AZ, so I don't drive around for a few months with no plate.

I guess that is why I'm not rich; it seems that rich people always be hustling. :)

If I ever run for MT office, rich out-of-state people should support my opponent because it would be top of mind to tax the rich out-of-state people who register Boats, Luxury cars, and RVs—followed up by taxing the same people who own empty vacation homes, followed by the VRBO owners.

Don't worry; it's doubtful I could get elected. :)

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
So I'm catching up on the series. Having only watched a few odd episodes here and there.

As usually Taylor Sheridan is a great writer and at its core this is a story about a fatherhood. A theme that runs through all of his screenplays.

But wholly plot holes batman. The second season is the worst. Still a good show but it could be better with a little tighter scripting.

Now I have to go watch the prequels.

Oh, and where are the healers? None of these wranglers or hands have a healer. One episode in the second season had a scene with "the dogs", but that is pretty much it. All the ranch hands I knew in Colorado had a blue or red healer at all times, LOL. Hard to imagine a great ranching family without any dogs.

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
The fictitious tax legislation was discriminatory to non-resident owners. Primary residents would be exempt from the proposal.

I believe Montana needs to take advantage of the people dodging sales tax on luxury items by creating a Montana LLC and registering high-value boats and vehicles in Montana without ever stepping foot in the state. We could raise the annual tax rate on these items, and people would still do it to keep from paying sales tax. We could use that money to offset low-income housing, combat opioid addiction, improve education salaries, etc.

I agree with the storyline in the show where Dutton says he intends to stop Californians and New Yorkers from using Montana to dodge the shitty policies of their home state. Even with the character being a corrupt, murdering, cheating scoundrel with some pretty fucked up family members and friends, I would vote for him. This statement says a lot about where we are politically in the country. After all, We Montanans just gave Zinke a house seat, and he resigned from the secretary of the Interior over corruption allegations.

Montana has a housing crisis primarily caused by out-of-state owners. Be it vacation homes that sit empty or VRBO rentals. If I were king, I would make this practice less attractive through tax increases. FWIW we make relatively large purchases when we are in Arizona for winter because we can't find the items in Montana. We are happy to pay the sales tax, and we pay AZ registration only to re-register in Montana when we return.
Hey! Go fuck yourself .Mind your own business. 😂

And screw junkies & low income housing. Can’t feed them don’t breed them. Go be poor in a blue state.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Hey! Go fuck yourself .Mind your own business. 😂

And screw junkies & low income housing. Can’t feed them don’t breed them. Go be poor in a blue state.

Like I said, if I run for office, invest your out-of-state money in my opponent. I would take the same approach the fictitious Gov Dutton is taking. Fuck the people taking advantage of Montana. Farm kids should not have to raise their families in the city because they can't find housing due to out-of-state investors flooding the STR market. Close the loophole that allows the wealthy to dodge their home state sales taxes with a Montana LLC.

Tourists lose their shit in the grocery store because the lines are long and the store is understaffed. Duh, service workers can't afford housing. The small business can't find workers. Just know those junkies and over breeders are spitting in your Starbucks.

Montana is Red, not because of the wealthy out-of-state homeowners. It's the poor working-class farmers, tradesmen, and service workers.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Totally agree.... normal volume is set at about 31.... Yellowstone, typically set at 54.... Drives me nuts. Thank God for Mute button for commercials... oh wait. I record - Fast forward has no sound :)

I usually watch with subtitles...just makes it a bit easier if there is something you missed being said...lol

Taboma

Reaction score
I usually watch with subtitles...just makes it a bit easier if there is something you missed being said...lol
We've been doing CC for so long I can't even recall when we started.
With my excessive DB damaged hearing and the advent and popularity of superfluous background sounds, music and thumping bass line even when watching the damned weather reports, CC is the bomb.
Now I can keep the volume reasonable so it doesn't blow out my wife's far more tender hearing, and still understand what's being said, even if the actors are whispering, speaking as if they're trying to break the record for speed speaking and/or mumbling, which has become the norm for the younger generations. Especially the new $15 generation. :mad:

People complain that CC is distracting, being accustomed to it, we read it more on a subconscious level and I only notice it on a consciously during the news or weather because it lags so far behind their barely moving lips. If their mumbling lips actually moved, I could read those, just another trait you pick up when your hearing is toast. I do not understand stations hiring mumblers to deliver the news or weather, most are chunky and it's hard to discern their tits from their guts, they so tactfully try to conceal. 🤣

Badchoices03

Reaction score
We've been doing CC for so long I can't even recall when we started.
With my excessive DB damaged hearing and the advent and popularity of superfluous background sounds, music and thumping bass line even when watching the damned weather reports, CC is the bomb.
Now I can keep the volume reasonable so it doesn't blow out my wife's far more tender hearing, and still understand what's being said, even if the actors are whispering, speaking as if they're trying to break the record for speed speaking and/or mumbling, which has become the norm for the younger generations. Especially the new $15 generation. :mad:

People complain that CC is distracting, being accustomed to it, we read it more on a subconscious level and I only notice it on a consciously during the news or weather because it lags so far behind their barely moving lips. If their mumbling lips actually moved, I could read those, just another trait you pick up when your hearing is toast. I do not understand stations hiring mumblers to deliver the news or weather, most are chunky and it's hard to discern their tits from their guts, they so tactfully try to conceal. 🤣

I use it because I am usually up late watching tv when everyone else has gone to bed...shows like this one are incredibly quiet when they are talking but extremely loud when there is music, gun fire, explosions, etc....so I got tired of turning the volume up and down a bunch...

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
On a warm night If I am watching a movie, the whole end of the street is watching it with me. I like my 75" TV and my surround sound, although aging, works very well.

I have not really noticed this mumbling situation. I also have hearing loss from playing bass guitar in a band, being a contractor, and loud as hell concerts. Lets also add Tannerite...whatever that is. ;)

FreeBird236

Reaction score
They think having a wide dynamic range soundtrack like a movie is cool, while us old people watch with the remote in our hand.😁

Cdog

Reaction score
Like I said, if I run for office, invest your out-of-state money in my opponent. I would take the same approach the fictitious Gov Dutton is taking. Fuck the people taking advantage of Montana. Farm kids should not have to raise their families in the city because they can't find housing due to out-of-state investors flooding the STR market. Close the loophole that allows the wealthy to dodge their home state sales taxes with a Montana LLC.

Tourists lose their shit in the grocery store because the lines are long and the store is understaffed. Duh, service workers can't afford housing. The small business can't find workers. Just know those junkies and over breeders are spitting in your Starbucks.

Montana is Red, not because of the wealthy out-of-state homeowners. It's the poor working-class farmers, tradesmen, and service workers.
Well good thing it’s just a show. Make believe & you’re not a politician.

I’m right of Ronald Reagan & don’t buy anything from starfucks

Taxation is theft!

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
Well good thing it’s just a show. Make believe & you’re not a politician.

I’m right of Ronald Reagan & don’t buy anything from starfucks

Taxation is theft!
See you in church.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
What did everyone think of the chick fight last night?

badgas

Reaction score
What did everyone think of the chick fight last night?
I thought last night was the worst episode of the series, We were scratching our heads. Seemed like they had zero content last night. The whole show was the chick fight and everyone prepping to go out for the branding. Really boring and I love the series ???

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
So I'm catching up on the series. Having only watched a few odd episodes here and there.

As usually Taylor Sheridan is a great writer and at its core this is a story about a fatherhood. A theme that runs through all of his screenplays.

But wholly plot holes batman. The second season is the worst. Still a good show but it could be better with a little tighter scripting.

Now I have to go watch the prequels.

Oh, and where are the healers? None of these wranglers or hands have a healer. One episode in the second season had a scene with "the dogs", but that is pretty much it. All the ranch hands I knew in Colorado had a blue or red healer at all times, LOL. Hard to imagine a great ranching family without any dogs.

I have always thought the same thing about them not having dogs, and never seem to use dogs either.

They must have recieved your feedback. Either last night, or the episode before, they finally had dogs working the cattle with them.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I thought last night was the worst episode of the series, We were scratching our heads. Seemed like they had zero content last night. The whole show was the chick fight and everyone prepping to go out for the branding. Really boring and I love the series ???
I agree, what a boring episode. At the end when they were prepping to leave, the whole scene was set up like they were going to battle and likely 75% + of the cowboys wouldn't be returning (killed). It was odd.

Did you also notice that they didn't show anything of substance in the scenes from the next episode? I am hoping it is going to be so Epic, that they didn't want to give anything away.

One more thing, I met a guy last New Years at a bar. He said he will be on the Yellowstone. Who knows if it is true or not, but I will say that it is very plausible based on several factors. I don't want to give anything away, in case it is true, so that is all I will say for now. We will see.

Ladsm

Reaction score
We just started watching during the Thanksgiving Marathon. Pretty good entertainment for a Sunday night with a nice glass of Buorbon and wind down the weekend.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
We watched last night and said, "nothing happened in that episode" except the cat fight (really, no one got their nose broken?!) and Kayce crying. The writing for his wife makes her out to be a drain on the shows she's in. When I see her it's "woe is me" again

I did like Beth telling her daddy that "it's all about the land" - they write her as smart but she's been exploding every show so far

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
From that ET interview Kelly Reilly, Beth, seems very squared away. And she's definitely a talented actor. But, I would still really like to see Beth, in her full Beth character, make an appearance on The View. Just thinking about the potentials makes me smile.

Ducksquasher

Reaction score
We watched last night and said, "nothing happened in that episode" except the cat fight (really, no one got their nose broken?!) and Kayce crying. The writing for his wife makes her out to be a drain on the shows she's in. When I see her it's "woe is me" again

I did like Beth telling her daddy that "it's all about the land" - they write her as smart but she's been exploding every show so far
I get Kayce's wife in the past but last night it came off to me like she is changing a bit and appreciating what she has as his wife and.as a part of the Dutton family. Sounds "goofy" but when she said she loves him and doesn't say it enough with some reflection stood out to me. About time she realized what she has.

I am also glad that Beth and the other gal finally came to a cross-roads...her hitting every person she comes across was getting old and not realistic. Her one-liners are classic though. "Hairy hippy giving our couch syphilis" was great.

I loved the scene where John and Rip sit on the couch and discuss what is wrong with today's society and the blame game. That was real world right there. The speech John gave before they rode off was stupid. It was almost like they forgot to edit out an outtake?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
A while back I posted a photo of our NYC daughter with Rip, Cole Hauser, of Yellowstone. Today she sent us an article from the Smoking Gun. Care to guess who was with Mathew McConaughey on the night he was arrested for infamously playing bongo drums, bare assed naked and smoking a bowl, many years ago? It was McConaughey’s very good friend, Cole Hauser, now Rip on Yellowstone.

Attachments

• FC5CFE06-E238-4555-8C95-B0BAEA5FA479.jpeg
    FC5CFE06-E238-4555-8C95-B0BAEA5FA479.jpeg
    338.8 KB · Views: 66

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I get Kayce's wife in the past but last night it came off to me like she is changing a bit and appreciating what she has as his wife and.as a part of the Dutton family. Sounds "goofy" but when she said she loves him and doesn't say it enough with some reflection stood out to me. About time she realized what she has.

I agree. She was kind of cool in the beginning, then just became a downer pain in the ass. I was constantly saying that they need to get her out of the show. She sucked the life out of every episode she was in.

Last night I felt the same way as you. It was nice to see her start to come around to the idea of a country lifestyle, and have some appreciation for things.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Wow i thought last night was jncredible. The dinner table was hilarious just watching kc and wifes facial expressions. Their son was just dumbfounded…the cook was hilarious….rip the new mental coach….and the entire family heading out to work the ranch? Fuckin awesome

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Well the life flight helo was in the previews to next week.

Relax people...the shitstorm is coming.

Side note - 1923 is coming and the main character....Harrison Ford.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Well the life flight helo was in the previews to next week.

Relax people...the shitstorm is coming.

Side note - 1923 is coming and the main character....Harrison Ford.
Neighbor is on the set for 1923. Filming at the Queen Mary soon.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Going back sound / dialogue.
I really love the theatrical sound.
I also only watch this through my home system which I have my center channel set at + 4 for the dialogues. Left and right are left at zero. And then the sounds at +3db.
I have very little commercial blasting. That said. When I do find myself watching some through just the tv / sound bar the commercials are obnoxious.

I kind of really liked the cat fight last episode. Just saying. 👍😂

FYI. Most home near field mixes have the surrounds lowered 3 db. And a normalized dialogue (center channel). Which I find too low from the get go. Which is why I adjust my settings.

Last edited:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
What did everyone think of last nights episode? Seemed like more filler stories leading into a big finale.