WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

two stolen kawi side by side

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Perfect example of an opportunity, for the community to participate in a posse.

This could have been handled by the community. Take everything the thief owns, including his clothing, and set him on a walk home in the middle of the desert.

boatpi

Reaction score
As Jeepdog noted, I use Cal Amp Sureguard on all of my cars.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I can't thank RDP enough with all your effort, they would have been long gone without @Lucky Larry , @Riverbottom , and gps.
I'll start with gps, started a couple years ago with Lender outlook cal/amp loved it... bought more machines and that company sold me gps & track.com did not like the lag in info...end up buying air land and sea...thats the reason I thought they were split. they were not just the lag in updates...

The day started like any other day minding my own business...rain day kinda cool nothing in the books so took it easy, then I get the dredded phone call from one of my guys.....why did you leave the truck out....fuuuuuck I didn't....locks cut off the gates, broke transmission at input to get in neutral, pulled into front parking , unhook trailer and gone.

I have a shop in old Bullhead and rent these machines, I arrive about 9am this morning, call police and of course let the inmates know my situation.
police arrive and let them know about gps where they're at ....at this time he is telling me about procedure....I'm but but, I know he is just doing his jobbut whatever I even got the if y0our lying bullshit....as of now waiting on a call from Parker to pick up....

thank all you guys a million times

Wait a sec, so you show and tell the officers responding to the theft, that you have live GPS and can see the vehicles on the map, and their response was just "yeah ok whatevs".... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

• Sad
Reactions: DWC

Deckin Around

Reaction score
more manufactures of all things need to start building integrated GPS tracking with lithium battery backup. Some big new tools I buy have an internal gps where if you put a battery in or connect to power, it's tracking. You would effectively have to destroy the tool to disable it and couldn’t use it without being identified. Ex. Milwaukee has “One Key” feature.

boatpi

Reaction score
Anybody found at the end of the story if he’s guys or tweakers or from Parker or if anything was found after these two side-by-side‘s were recovered

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Wait a sec, so you show and tell the officers responding to the theft, that you have live GPS and can see the vehicles on the map, and their response was just "yeah ok whatevs".... 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

BHC Leo arrived. Went thrrough all we knew - cut locks, gate, etc and showed him gps in Vidal. As I was signing his report, and prior to RDP rescue, I got the - if you're lying bullshit, which is probably standard, and then was asked if I wanted to report my truck damage...of course I do. So I was probably a little sensitive at that point. Then showed him gps as it was moving toward Parker. He said he was going through proper channels.

Then got the word that this great RDP community found the equipment. Got the pictures. Showed to Leo. I think he shat with the efficiency of this tribe.

I think I expected both authorities to communicate with each other better once it was known it was in Parker at the gas station. Truly believe that if it wasn't for the inmates involved, the bust would not have happened. Thanks for following them!

Quick update. Was waiting for a call from the Parker Leo to release equipment so I could pick up. No word yet but I found the impound lot and called them and will check back with them tomorrow morning.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
BHC Leo arrived. Went thrrough all we knew - cut locks, gate, etc and showed him gps in Vidal. As I was signing his report, and prior to RDP rescue, I got the - if you're lying bullshit, which is probably standard, and then was asked if I wanted to report my truck damage...of course I do. So I was probably a little sensitive at that point. Then showed him gps as it was moving toward Parker. He said he was going through proper channels.

Then got the word that this great RDP community found the equipment. Got the pictures. Showed to Leo. I think he shat with the efficiency of this tribe.

I think I expected both authorities to communicate with each other better once it was known it was in Parker at the gas station. Truly believe that if it wasn't for the inmates involved, the bust would not have happened. Thanks for following them!

Quick update. Was waiting for a call from the Parker Leo to release equipment so I could pick up. No word yet but I found the impound lot and called them and will check back with them tomorrow morning.
Which tow yard got the impound call ?

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Was looking at police report...leo added after bust, name of suspect and appearance in morning 0900...La Paz county
Probably prudent to be there ...
Yea I hate this shit
Equipment is at Parker tow

Good, Tow Truck Mark at Parker towing is a good guy to deal with. The other tow company in Parker can be very difficult.

dezrtracer

Reaction score

If you need a place to stay in Havasu tonight your welcome to stay at our place . I'll even provide the beer .

floatn turd

Reaction score
I have Spot Trace.
They are (atleast for me) 100% DOG SHIT!

I have had zero luck with this Company and their product.

I will be switching to Land Sea & Air very soon.

If anyone wants the scoop on Spot Trace, feel free to PM me your number and I'll give you call.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Are you saying that NOW, you have to pay a Tow Company for the Tow and Storage?:rolleyes:
How dare you suggest that would be wrong. It's a poor business model don't you know?

I say, if the city foot the bill. They might prosecute and catch these guys more. Instead the person who gets harmed pays the piper multiple ways.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How dare you suggest that would be wrong. It's a poor business model don't you know?

I say, if the city foot the bill. They might prosecute and catch these guys more. Instead the person who gets harmed pays the piper multiple ways.

Wouldn't insurance cover it?

RD

boatpi

Reaction score
Is some cities, like LA, they even have a 10% parking tax. Noe since this is a good recovered stolen vehicle is taking a parking spot the impound, they hit you up for a parking tax while in the impound yard every day.

PlanB

Reaction score
Every stolen I recovered, I would contact the owner and give them a chance to pick them up from the scene to avoid paying for a tow and storage fees. It did not always work out, but I would at least give them a chance to save some $$$.

stonehenge

Reaction score
Great outcome, amazing peeps helping out!

Hopefully not sounding to naïve, but can you explain to this simple minded individual what this entails?

"broke transmission at input to get in neutral,"

Glad you recovered your property.

NicPaus

Reaction score

Hopefully not sounding to naïve, but can you explain to this simple minded individual what this entails?

Truck was hooked up to trailer. They broke transmission getting into neutral to tow out of his gate out of the way of trailer. Hooked up to trailer and took off. Is what I got from it.

Good job on the recovery. To bad they wouldn't of left it with the inmates until JeepDog got there. No need to impound.

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score

They broke the cable that goes into tranny....manually put in neutral

DLC

Reaction score
Only going to ask 4 times and I’m starting my questions with which finger goes first!

F those dirt bag some bitches they need to get knocked into next Month!!

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Wouldn't insurance cover it?

RD
In my case yes, it wasn't drivable. So I left it and signed it over to insurance. Is insurance going to pay the op in this thread? Or, is he going to have to pay to get it out? If it's all in one piece a small price to pay. Still the principle. You get jacked and then you have to pay.

They should pay. Make them work it of with the city in a work program Of some sort.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
WTF!! Who ordered the TOW AND STORAGE?o_O
That would have been one of these two individuals depending on how you view this situation.
d3c0e87f-9a27-4f47-8316-afb3deefc117-jpeg.1189639

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
If we recover your vehicle we don't just leave it parked on the side of the road. It's generally a standard call to whoever is listed in the return and a reasonable wait time.

Those upset over the tow and storage fee's here, do you think they would have been better off just leaving the trailer and SxS's in the alley right there?😂😂

@jeepdog glad you got those back. I'm guessing the first appearance tomorrow is simply an arraignment hearing where they state the charges and get a response from the "alleged" thieves. You can be there, but in some cases they are done by video. Probably far more affective to get in contact with the district attorney and express your overwhelming willingness to proceed with criminal charges as you are the victim here. Be glad it was in Arizona. If that were california, they would have been fingerprinted, issued a citation, and told to show back up to court in about 90 days.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
It doesn't work like it does on television does it.

BHPD takes report and disses victim with the "If you're lying BS" then is shown Stolen vehicle GPS location and does NOTHING!

On TV radios would be buzzing and choppers in the air....

It's sad to see how honest taxpayers are treated by cops who look like they might as well work security at Walmart.

At least pull out the fkkn radio and show the tiniest bit of interest in helping the victim! The radio is a powerful tool, but that tool did not use it.

RDP and GPS solved this case, PD just collected another paycheck.

Eliminator21vdrive

Reaction score
Was looking at police report...leo added after bust, name of suspect and appearance in morning 0900...La Paz county
Probably prudent to be there ...
Yea I hate this shit
Equipment is at Parker tow
Absolutly be there and since you will be in a public place take a few photo's! And congrats!!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If we recover your vehicle we don't just leave it parked on the side of the road. It's generally a standard call to whoever is listed in the return and a reasonable wait time.

Those upset over the tow and storage fee's here, do you think they would have been better off just leaving the trailer and SxS's in the alley right there?😂😂

@jeepdog glad you got those back. I'm guessing the first appearance tomorrow is simply an arraignment hearing where they state the charges and get a response from the "alleged" thieves. You can be there, but in some cases they are done by video. Probably far more affective to get in contact with the district attorney and express your overwhelming willingness to proceed with criminal charges as you are the victim here. Be glad it was in Arizona. If that were california, they would have been fingerprinted, issued a citation, and told to show back up to court in about 90 days.

Would they release them with their vehicle that was used in the theft?