WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

two stolen kawi side by side

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Were the alledged perps taken into custody? Would that info be available as public record? What a giant PIA for you, jeepdog. I remain very glad and impressed with recovery. Also a thanks to RD and his guys who keep RDP up and running. Yesterday, as it now does most days, the RDP was operating flawlessly. Again, great job to all. Now let's see if our AZ legal system does their's. Fortunately, SBCS were not involved. Had they been apprehended East of Vidal Junction, prior to coming into Parker, that would likely have been the case.

Reactions: DWC

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Truly a powerful place this RDP.

Back in 2020 it helped me recover 50K in equipment.

Glad to hear your stuff was recovered dog. 👍

Gelcoater

Reaction score
If we recover your vehicle we don't just leave it parked on the side of the road. It's generally a standard call to whoever is listed in the return and a reasonable wait time.

Those upset over the tow and storage fee's here, do you think they would have been better off just leaving the trailer and SxS's in the alley right there?😂😂
C’mon, Man!

A tow and storage fee I can understand.

When my truck was stolen CHP found it, called me at 3am saying it’s on a frontage road in Elisinore. If I could be there in an hour they wouldn’t tow it.
I appreciated the call and opportunity but I couldn’t be there.

What burned my ass was the fact I was already kicked in the junk by thieves.
Inside of 24 hours I went to see the truck which was not driveable.
The tow yard said it was $1,000 and some change to get it out.

Again, a reasonable fee I can understand.
A grand? To tow a truck 3 miles. To sit in the yard 18 hours?
Was more pissed off at the tow yard fucks than the guys that stole the truck to begin with.
And, Fuck Brothers Towing in Elsinore! 🖕

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Nice! Hope he’ll do time tho it’ll be on our dime.

Larry did say he was wearing a covid mask, go figure. Or was that part of a disguise for camera recognition?

Larry thought to go back by Terrible’s & let the girl know she helped delay the thief. Those things were on their way to Mexico.

“Mrs.”

satellitemike

Reaction score
C’mon, Man!

When my truck was stolen CHP found it, called me at 3am saying it’s on a frontage road in Elisinore. If I could be there in an hour they wouldn’t tow it.

Was more pissed off at the tow yard fucks than the guys that stole the truck to begin with.
Tow companys have a lock on what they do and can charge any amount they want!
Quite the racket and they have the law enforcement agencies on their side.
This has got me thinking about a career change, HMMMMM?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Tow companys have a lock on what they do and can charge any amount they want!
Quite the racket and they have the law enforcement agencies on their side.
This has got me thinking about a career change, HMMMMM?
I am all for cost recovery and making a little profit but that was just highway robbery. Apparently that tow operator has no compassion or morals.😡

havasujeeper

Reaction score
The prices are set and have been negotiated with the local police departments beforehand. There are many police requirements that many don't see. Some have to do with storage, security, land, impound security cages for long term evidence, lighting for traffic accident investigation, free drunk tow for the holidays, waving fees, quick manpower adjustment for multi car collisions, etc.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I am all for cost recovery and making a little profit but that was just highway robbery. Apparently that tow operator has no compassion or morals.😡

Actually the rates are set by the state, and local law enforcement not the tow company. Some countys ( Riverside) you have to go to the Sherriffs office and pay an administrative fee, and bring the receipt to the tow company before they can release the vehicle.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Actually the rates are set by the state, and local law enforcement not the tow company. Some countys ( Riverside) you have to go to the Sherriffs office and pay an administrative fee, and bring the receipt to the tow company before they can release the vehicle.
This may be all true, but I would like to see a line item of all the costs involved, and what are state fees/requirements and what are towing company fees. If it’s true that a lot of these fees are set by the state, then that is the state victimizing a crime victim for a second time. JMO

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Yuma tweaker for the win
Looked kinda ms13ish
I guess they found a buch of dope in the truck as well 🤷
Possible Insurance going to Total your truck because of the dope. Seems awhile back DILLIGAF stolen truck recovered and totaled because of dope. If Tom lurking maybe he will confirm. Be good to hear from him and his travels.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
Possible Insurance going to Total your truck because of the dope. Seems awhile back DILLIGAF stolen truck recovered and totaled because of dope. If Tom lurking maybe he will confirm. Be good to hear from him and his travels.
I don't think the truck in the picture is his. I believe they broke the cable to put his truck in neutral and move it out of the way then hooked up to said tweaker's truck. That's the way i understood it. But could be mistaken.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I would like to see a line item of all the costs involved, and what are state fees/requirements
This is a very simple process. Ask your city/county government office for a "public records request" and on the form, simply ask for the current negotiated towing contract.

This is your money and your right to know.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
"Any more shots of the court reporter? She looks hot." - Everyone

You have "unusual" taste in women but who am I to judge.
Here's a close up you can add to your spank bank.

Screenshot_20230117-133858.png

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I don't think the truck in the picture is his. I believe they broke the cable to put his truck in neutral and move it out of the way then hooked up to said tweaker's truck. That's the way i understood it. But could be mistaken.
Upon further review :) You got it right.👍

Deckin Around

Reaction score
C’mon, Man!

Same story for me at 2am with a call from pd saying 2 of my Dirtbikes were going to Apple valley tow. Only the registered owner with proof of title can pick up the vehicle. That screws a lot of people who are long-distance or in jail (dui impound etc) and the tow companies lien sale the cars that people can never afford to bail out. That wasn’t a problem for me but the next am when I showed up they were charging me $450 tow fees before storage fees for each bike individually. It was over $1000 to bail out the bikes after the owner cut me a “deal”. Insurance covered 1. The driver bragged they had 6 stolen toys from the bust on 1 flatbed. 6x$450 is $2700 + $150 a day in storage is another $900 minimum if everyone came and got their stuff on day 1 after recovery. $3600 for 1 truck on 1 callout is pretty sweet. They don’t carry tie downs, just chains through all of them laying down and the bikes were all mangled with bent wheel spokes etc

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: DWC

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Tow Truck Marks is pretty much across the street from where they caught him

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Would they release them with their vehicle that was used in the theft?
Depends on the county. Where I work, they would get hard booked only to be cited out from jail later that day. Their vehicle would either be parked secured at location or stored. There was a law suit in the recent past that changed how we deal with suspect vehicles after arrests. Would you believe that "people" thought it was unfair to store or impound vehicles after a persons arrests, so now they actually expect us to leave it parked if it is in a "safe" place?

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
Update. The guy got Jan 27 court date. Bail set at $7500 on this case but I was told he has priors and there may be additional bail set for whatever those may be. Dude was from Yuma. Speculating here - Could be they went to Vidal to pick up dope. One of the charges mentioned in courtroom was for dope found in truck at time of arrest. Tow yard guy said it was big, like a plastic t-shirt bag big.

$370 paid at tow yard, break down is $250 for the tow and $120 storage so not too bad considering what others have paid, and they were helpful, accommodating.

Trailer and equipment seem in order except the Magellan trail device on one of the units was missing. Asked about it and tow yard said it is probably in the dudes truck. Hmmm. Note that vehicles never left the trailer, so thieves did it or...I do know I didn't want equipment to stay
long in a tow yard as things tend to disappear. Feel like I got lucky overall considering how bad it could have been without inmates help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230117_171710_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230117_171710_Gallery.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 109

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Depends on the county. Where I work, they would get hard booked only to be cited out from jail later that day. Their vehicle would either be parked secured at location or stored. There was a law suit in the recent past that changed how we deal with suspect vehicles after arrests. Would you believe that "people" thought it was unfair to store or impound vehicles after a persons arrests, so now they actually expect us to leave it parked if it is in a "safe" place?
Can you no longer impound re: "used in crime"??

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Can you no longer impound re: "used in crime"??
If it were actually a pertinent part of the crime or had evidentiary value we take it as Evidence until processed. But the simple fact that a person was driving the car and comitted a crime would not stand.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
If it were actually a pertinent part of the crime or had evidentiary value we take it as Evidence until processed. But the simple fact that a person was driving the car and comitted a crime would not stand.
my..... things have changed

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Update. The guy got Jan 27 court date. Bail set at $7500 on this case but I was told he has priors and there may be additional bail set for whatever those may be. Dude was from Yuma. Speculating here - Could be they went to Vidal to pick up dope. One of the charges mentioned in courtroom was for dope found in truck at time of arrest. Tow yard guy said it was big, like a plastic t-shirt bag big.

$370 paid at tow yard, break down is $250 for the tow and $120 storage so not too bad considering what others have paid, and they were helpful, accommodating.

Trailer and equipment seem in order except the Magellan trail device on one of the units was missing. Asked about it and tow yard said it is probably in the dudes truck. Hmmm. Note that vehicles never left the trailer, so thieves did it or...I do know I didn't want equipment to stay
long in a tow yard as things tend to disappear. Feel like I got lucky overall considering how bad it could have been without inmates help.
Thanks for the update. You got lucky in many ways with this experience.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Druggies are the dumbest creatures on earth. Steal something large and recognizable, while transporting or purchasing large quantities of narcotics. I wonder if the Magellan was used in trade to offset costs?
It always seems like some of the bigger busts up here off I40 or 17 are people with expired tags and lights out. Need to do a walk around when smuggling stuff;)