WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Do NOT buy any JVC product

boatpi

Reaction score
So I have this small 43" HDTV we use for camera monitoring. After 6 moths it takes a shit, very dark screen. Purchased from Sam's, cheap. The JVC warranty line never answers, wait 17 minutes, the prompt voice states, "we are busy now, call back another day", WFT, 5 times. Samms would not help, just a 90 day exchange. So maybe mt Chase Visa will warranty. So I look online for other complaints, the web is loaded with others echoing the same, no answers, return e mails, etc. Avoid.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Jvc is still around...? Never hear of those guys anymore.

Backlash

Reaction score
Probably because nobody is happy with their incredible customer service. 🤣

DiamondDave

Reaction score
I worked for the largest independent electronics retailer in WA and OR in the mid 2000's we sold metric $*&#tons of JVC. Was always a solid brand. They came with a 1 year in home warranty on the lager screens like you have all the customer would do is call a local repair outfit that was JVC authorized and they would take care of the repair. I'm not sure if buying it at Sam's makes a difference but I would hope the warranties are or still are the same.

DLC

Reaction score
Go buy another one from Sams. Switch TV’s. Return the bad one and get your money back. All good 👍
Glad you said that!

it’s what I was thinking….

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
JVC is still solid AF in many products yore smarter than yore title

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
JVC? Don’t they make VHS camcorders? Now they make TVs?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I worked for the largest independent electronics retailer in WA and OR in the mid 2000's we sold metric $*&#tons of JVC. Was always a solid brand. They came with a 1 year in home warranty on the lager screens like you have all the customer would do is call a local repair outfit that was JVC authorized and they would take care of the repair. I'm not sure if buying it at Sam's makes a difference but I would hope the warranties are or still are the same.

I can tell you that Samsung isn't much better. I bought a "Frame" TV in early December, it was a black Friday deal off of Amazon. Got it up on the wall and the screen is cracked and it won't turn on. Amazon will only do a refund and not an exchange so they suggest I go to Samsung for warranty work. After spending two days going back and forth with Samsung they finally decide the TV needs fixed under warranty. All they do is tell me to call their local repair vendor.

That's right, I had to arrange for the warranty work. At least they give me the phone number. I start calling Spicolli's TV and Appliance repair, voicemail is full. I find their website and send an email, no response. One time some one answers the phone and asks me to hold, they never came back and then never answered the phone again. I gave up and sent the TV back to Amazon.

So I have zero faith in electronics warranties unless the involve full replacement.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
So I have this small 43" HDTV we use for camera monitoring. After 6 moths it takes a shit, very dark screen. Purchased from Sam's, cheap. The JVC warranty line never answers, wait 17 minutes, the prompt voice states, "we are busy now, call back another day", WFT, 5 times. Samms would not help, just a 90 day exchange. So maybe mt Chase Visa will warranty. So I look online for other complaints, the web is loaded with others echoing the same, no answers, return e mails, etc. Avoid.

SAM's offers an extended Warranty, and most people do not feel it is worth it- until it IS.

Sam's has never balked at a return I have had. Money back OR another unit.

Ricks raft

Reaction score
Go buy another one from Sams. Switch TV’s. Return the bad one and get your money back. All good 👍
Hopefully they don’t check serial #🤷‍♂️
many of the brands from the 60’s-70’s are just a name bought by somebody. Usually cheap china or 3rd world country shit. RCA, Toshiba, Magnavox, JVC,…Originally JVC was an offshoot of RCA Victor. As in Japan Victor Corporation.

boatpi

Reaction score
Most interestingly my HDTV does not a serial number sticker on it.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I have a JVC head unit in the Can Am X3 Max. The installing dealer (UTV Stereo in Az) lifetime warranties it on their dime, not JVC and will replace it if it fails. So far so good. It's the first head unit of many SxS's we've owned that works ok.

2Driver

Reaction score
Isn’t that par for the course for the Big box stores?

Take a well known name from the past that went defunct, make a shit ton of stuff from china then slap the resurrected brand name on it so people go oooooooh a JVC.

My big ole JVC from high school is my gym receiver pushing some old KLHs and it still cranks.

checkrdpast

Reaction score
Always buy electronics from costco . best return policy even for electronics.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Hopefully they don’t check serial #🤷‍♂️
many of the brands from the 60’s-70’s are just a name bought by somebody. Usually cheap china or 3rd world country shit. RCA, Toshiba, Magnavox, JVC,…Originally JVC was an offshoot of RCA Victor. As in Japan Victor Corporation.
Never had anyone open up a box upon return and find the bricks lol

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
Go to every web-site known to man where they advertise and their own web-site and hammer that company. Be relentless, tell JVC their monitor is a POS! Warn everyone not to buy. I promise you, they will notify you ASAP. I did this with a $3,700.00 Electrux refrigerator (Samsung POS). I posted if I didn't hear from them in 3 days I was going to chain it to a lamp post on the corner and put a nice advertise sign around the refer. Guess, what? They refunded me the full amount plus they told me to do what ever I wanted with the unite. I had 5 techs come over, this was a period of over 1-1/2 months, none of them could figure out why it wasn't making any ice, this is why I ent nuts! I get on Youtube and found out the ice maker relay needed to be replaced. $60.00 part, Ordered the part and I fixed it myself. IDIOTS!

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Sounds like you bought a POS relabel built for Sam's price point
Exactly. There are many products within Costco and Sam’s that are not the same as the “same” product at other stores. Cannon safes was a big one.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Check the plug in the back. 😜