WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coffee Maker’s….What You Got

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
Is there an ultimate coffee maker, you know a must have item. Getting ready to make a purchase. I looked at the pod machines but they seem to be expensive to operate. Any recommendations?😎

Javajoe

Reaction score
I have had them all but ended up using Kerig Pod everyday. I like the single serving and it’s fast. I make 2 and fill up my cup and off to work I go. At night I can make a cup and not waste a full pot

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
I swear by my Jura S9. It makes awesome coffee and decent espresso. I’ve got two, one at home and one in the office. Will likely get a third for Havasu.

I bought them used well over 10 years ago. Other than a full service once every 5 years or so, and regular de-scaling and cleaning, I’ve had very little trouble with them.

020C5379-36D8-4537-982D-AB7BE80398DA.jpeg

Icky

Reaction score
I have the ninja coffee bar at home and a keurig in my toyhauler. I only use them to make ice coffee, none of the other fancy stuff.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
How much coffee do you drink? Pods are okay for the lightweights, but I'd need a belt fed version. I'm cheap, so use an old Mr.Coffee with a timer for auto start before I get up, and another pot in the afternoon. My friend's wife is LE, she has one with a dedicated water line, and stays hot, almost a commercial Bunn.

hman442

Reaction score
I used a grinder/espresso maker similar to the Jura S9 shown above for a dozen years, enjoyed it, makes good strong coffee, but, it makes "espresso shots", not a big cup of coffee, so, I'd make three shots, then add my cream, then microwave the coffee cup to get to temperature. Not as daunting as it reads, but likely not for everyone. I have a Keurig pod machine at work, is perfect, as when someone wants a cup, I don't have to make a whole pot. Then, I was enlightened. We went on vacation, and in the hotel room was a Nespresso pod machine, similar to a Keurig. It makes a lot stronger, more flavorful cup, than the Keurig. We immediately bought one, but it, like the big Jura, makes shots, or small doses, so, multiples for a big mug of coffee. Then Nespresso came out with their "Vertuo" pod machine. It had choices, one ounce pod up to a 7.7 ounce pod. It also spins the pod l, making a nice foam on top. Bought that one, it's great on flavor, but the pods are about double what the Keurigs are. It works for me, as I use two pods in the morning, then head to work. Bottom line, I loved the Jura big machine, because, it's a piece of machinery, it's cool, but the pod setup is just easier, and it's "fun" to get flavored pods (wife likes coconut, peppermint in winter), I just like plain & strong. If you're a multi cup/ half a pot guy, stick with the old fashioned coffee maker. I get one of those out ($29.95) when my daughter and her husband come to visit, as that's what they like. Coffee is a damn personal thing !

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@hman442 , that's what makes everyone's coffee needs so different...it really is a personal type deal. I used to get coffee off a roach coach, or whatever greasy spoon was open. I drink my coffee relatively strong, and black. (No "Airplane" movie comments🤣) My wife doctors her's up, but also drinks ice coffee in the warmer times...I drink a about a pot and half a day hot, year round.
I may have a drinking problem:oops:

BabyRay

Reaction score
I’ll second Jura. They are expensive, but they make a GREAT cup of coffee. I bought one over 20 years ago and it’s still going, though I did pay $300 to have it rebuilt about 5 years ago. I can’t vouch for current production, but I’d still buy one if needed.

You CAN make a full cup. It’s just a matter of the settings. You can also set the strength to always be what you prefer.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
How much coffee do you drink? Pods are okay for the lightweights, but I'd need a belt fed version. I'm cheap, so use an old Mr.Coffee with a timer for auto start before I get up, and another pot in the afternoon. My friend's wife is LE, she has one with a dedicated water line, and stays hot, almost a commercial Bunn.
Was one cup a day until recently, got back up to two cups. I like coffee flavored coffee and the wife likes the foo foo shit. I drink mine, she drinks hers. We don't entertain, so never have need for a full pot anymore.
Kureg, the pods are expensive and that's why we don't use them. We use a Kcup and fill it with our own coffee grounds

View attachment 1196029 View attachment 1196030
I did that for a bit, but really, what's expensive? I found K-cups I like for .32 a round and spend as much as .65 a round for some of the wife's. Still far below ANY Starbucks or whatever coffee shop.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Cuisinart that has the grinder. Put the whole beans in and it grinds and brews fresh. I’m on my second one after wearing out the grinder on the first one after 10yrs. The new one has the k-cup maker built in.

Markus

Reaction score
The one to get is a British espresso machine called the Londinium.

Google and you will find.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Cuisinart that has the grinder. Put the whole beans in and it grinds and brews fresh. I’m on my second one after wearing out the grinder on the first one after 10yrs. The new one has the k-cup maker built in.
Had one of those in the 90s. I noticed the grind chamber would get steamy sometimes. Then they had a recall, so I sent it in and they sent back a coffee pot and a grinder. I was PISSED. I paid for an all in one.

samsah33

Reaction score
Cuisinart, got one for my wedding and it's been going strong for almost 20 years (except for the broken carafe, but that was my fault...). Saw the same model at a thrift store a while back and got it for a rental unit.

wzuber

Reaction score
Kuerig for us. we have 3 of them. I prefer the kcups and fill my own, wife typically likes the ready made stuff. It's good if you like a variety of coffee and don't drink a half pot a day...You can get the on sell at Macy's typically for around $100.00 for the multi-cup water caraff.

boatpi

Reaction score
My Jura E6 is the best I have ever used. Worked perfect for 3 years.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Getting coffee in me is more important than the type of coffee or how it tastes. We have a cheapo keureg...I walk out and turn it on, then go take a piss and get dressed, then 20 seconds later I've got a cup of coffee.

I've also been known to use hot sink water and instant crystals (folgers aren't bad) if the rack is empty and I can't find where the wife put new K-cups in 5 seconds...lol

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
JURA IMPRESA XJ9 Professional
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.PNG
I'm a little spoiled with this thing.

My kid runs a Starbucks too, so we are fucking rolling in the good shit.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
We have been buying the full automatic coffee makers from Costco for the last 15 years or so. They are super expensive for the shitty quality they are. After a few years they break, call the importer and get the run around…. Then return them at Costco for a full refund. Rinse and repeat.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Mueller K-Cup machine.
I’m cheap and buy the K Cups in bulk when they’re around 25 cents each

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
We have a Miele espresso machine. Not cheap but simply makes a perfect cup of espresso or coffee.
F1687C43-CD8B-4787-A81C-2E7C62D77CE6.jpeg

wzuber

Reaction score
A mention about kcups for newbies going that route.....
Get the scoop that measures and packs the coffee into the kcup. Very handy and makes a better cup of coffee by slowing the water perk thru the cup.

RadMan

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
We just bought the low on the scale ninja 14 cup it makes delicious coffee compared to the high dollar bean grinding cuisenart it replaced it was $80 at bed bath and …

Reminds me I told my wife that my parents were getting her a coffee maker for this christmas and she was pissed, then when she didn’t get one, I told her I cancelled that shit, she was pissed again😁

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Getting coffee in me is more important than the type of coffee or how it tastes. We have a cheapo keureg...I walk out and turn it on, then go take a piss and get dressed, then 20 seconds later I've got a cup of coffee.

I've also been known to use hot sink water and instant crystals (folgers aren't bad) if the rack is empty and I can't find where the wife put new K-cups in 5 seconds...lol

Try Medaglia D'oro instant, it's unbelievably good

WildWilly

Reaction score
I've been looking to step up our coffee game. I was looking at Breville barrista models but this post has me looking at Jura's now. Currently we have one that has the whole bean grinder on the top and it makes a decent pot of coffee but want to also do shots and lattes too

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Frieling Stainless French Press and a Lavazza Espresso machine.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Kureg, the pods are expensive and that's why we don't use them. We use a Kcup and fill it with our own coffee grounds

View attachment 1196029 View attachment 1196030
I’ve used those pink deals, they work a few times then....
“Sorry, this pod is not compatible with bla bla bla” 😡

Aftermarket sucks in coffee world.

So, we use a real Keirig pod.
B8282429-815D-4BE1-8158-DBF3E7A210A2.jpeg

We grind whole bean, usually the Bougie Panamanian single source stuff my wife buys online.
It is above par, by a great deal.

And then there’s camping.
I go cheap on coffee, Don Francisco usually.
I tried percolating and what a pain in the ass.

So, I ran across this a few years ago.

It’s everyting ol Kent says it is.
And simple. No percolate deal, no filter, or other things needed.
A pot, water, coffee and heat.👍
Perfect for camping.

4Waters

Reaction score
I’ve used those pink deals, they work a few times then....
“Sorry, this pod is not compatible with bla bla bla” 😡

Aftermarket sucks in coffee world.

So, we use a real Keirig pod.
View attachment 1196336

We grind whole bean, usually the Bougie Panamanian single source stuff my wife buys online.
It is above par, by a great deal.

And then there’s camping.
I go cheap on coffee, Don Francisco usually.
I tried percolating and what a pain in the ass.

So, I ran across this a few years ago.

It’s everyting ol Kent says it is.
And simple. No percolate deal, no filter, or other things needed.
A pot, water, coffee and heat.👍
Perfect for camping.
Really, I've been using that one through 2 keurig machines without an issue. And I probably just fuked myself🤣

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Really, I've been using that one through 2 keurig machines without an issue. And I probably just fuked myself🤣
Maybe it’s just my luck?
Horrible experience with those fuckers!
Nothing will piss me off more than something fucking with my morning go juice.😡
No issues with the brand name re-usable unit.

Zed

Reaction score
If you want a drip style coffee maker there is only one worth buying....Moccamaster by Technivorm
Get that and a good burr grinder to grind you fresh roasted beans. Grind just enough for each pot just before brewing. Pour over quality brew from a drip machine.

Last edited:

SKIA36

Reaction score
Breville Barista Touch. Flawless machine that does everything. Ravens Brew whole beans.