WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

PSA........I was hacked yesterday!!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Somehow someone got ahold of my password, locked me out and then changed my email address. I started getting calls about a set of CMI headers I supposedly listed, brand new for 1000 bucks shipped! lol. Hopefully no one sent that person any money. I had Shintoo take it down and ban my account overnight. Dave reset my password and email address yesterday and said I was safe, but I was too worried to sign on again until today. Anyhow, hope no one got scammed. It really sucks you spend years building peoples trust in only to have something like that happen and destroy it in one morning. FML

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Somehow someone got ahold of my password, locked me out and then changed my email address. I started getting calls about a set of CMI headers I supposedly listed, brand new for 1000 bucks shipped! lol. Hopefully no one sent that person any money. I had Shintoo take it down and ban my account overnight. Dave reset my password and email address yesterday and said I was safe, but I was too worried to sign on again until today. Anyhow, hope no one got scammed. It really sucks you spend years building peoples trust in only to have something like that happen and destroy it in one morning. FML
It's all the gummy ads that RD keeps letting in. I've experienced some weird shit going on with my phony email. It was getting so bad I had to change my screen name.
Ritchey Rich needs to be moderator of the gummy sub forum. :)

Nordie

Reaction score
It's all the gummy ads that RD keeps letting in. I've experienced some weird shit going on with my phony email. It was getting so bad I had to change my screen name.
Ritchey Rich needs to be moderator of the gummy sub forum. :)

It would actually make sense for one of the early morning people to be a moderator to kick out the spam. It's really bad and always seems to hit around 3-3:30. I just put them on ignore, I probably have hundreds of gummy people on ignore.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
It would actually make sense for one of the early morning people to be a moderator to kick out the spam. It's really bad and always seems to hit around 3-3:30. I just put them on ignore, I probably have hundreds of gummy people on ignore.
With Ritchey as moderator would we get nips, clits lips and clams in the good morning thread? 😁

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Same exact thing happened to me Paul. Luckily no one was duped when it happened to me but a member was close to paying for a fake item. They were tipped off because I appeared so nice and cordial. 😉

I hope you can quickly recover any damage done.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I was eyeballing those things too, wondered “where the hell was that deal when I needed it”.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did someone else get hacked? Post links to these things please

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
I saw these and set them to a friend of mine that works over at BCM for his vector. He texted me back and said you had been hacked. I reached out to one of the members that actually responded to the add and told them it was a fake before he went to far down the road with whoever it was. Sorry to hear you got hacked.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

This guy got hacked
IMG_1286.png

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Once Outdrive1 mentioned, more possible hacks, Shintoooo and I went through and deleted what needed to be deleted…check inside Boat Parts - Engine & Rigging for about six recently hidden posts plus Outdrive1 hidden posts under Earl-Bob’s.

This type of hacking tends to happen 2 to 3 times a year it seems.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Nobody doubts your Integrity & way of going Paul. You have sold & serviced alotta boats and still make yourself visible posting no matter issue 👍

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I am usually on here early as I am in the east side of the country. I think Angler and I report most of the gummy shit. I am only on in the morning, so not sure, but how long does it take for a moderator to take them down? Do moderators get alerted when someone reports or do they have to go in a check for reports?

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am usually on here early as I am in the east side of the country. I think Angler and I report most of the gummy shit. I am only on in the morning, so not sure, but how long does it take for a moderator to take them down? Do moderators get alerted when someone reports or do they have to go in a check for reports?

Thank you for always tagging all of them. It's super helpful! We do get an alert when you report them.

Icky

Reaction score
I do one, then I get flagged with that " you must wait balh blah blah before posting again" so I usually give up cause thats annoying when trying to report multiple.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Thank you for always tagging all of them. It's super helpful! We do get an alert when you report them.
So, as you know, deleting them as a morning routine does absolutely nothing as far as security and prevention.
99% are oblivious to the fact, but surely the mods are fully aware that these are not people posting these threads?
Otherwise you’d have blocked the IP’s.
There are no gummies for sale, and if there are they are incidental to the real intent.
So now, after a business owner/ member is actually hacked (and he’s not alone, hate to tell you guys) his associated email most assuredly hijacked, and more than likely his devices and contacts compromised (I genuinely hope not) the answer is to…do what?
(Full disclosure I’ve talked to OD1 and gave him my basic damage control advice, for whatever it’s worth)

Say…remember last week when the cool kids all said we had tinfoil hats on for voicing concerns?
Maybe not so much.
So guess what, just like I said, it isn’t me that will be targeted. It’s those with much much more to lose.

And for gods sake, no matter what anyone has been asked to do, DO NOT repost any malicious link of any hacker to anyone for any reason.

IMG_2223.png

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, as you know, deleting them as a morning routine does absolutely nothing as far as security and prevention.
99% are oblivious to the fact, but surely the mods are fully aware that these are not people posting these threads?
Otherwise you’d have blocked the IP’s.
There are no gummies for sale, and if there are they are incidental to the real intent.
So now, after a business owner/ member is actually hacked (and he’s not alone, hate to tell you guys) his associated email most assuredly hijacked, and more than likely his devices and contacts compromised (I genuinely hope not) the answer is to…do what?
(Full disclosure I’ve talked to OD1 and gave him my basic damage control advice, for whatever it’s worth)

Say…remember last week when the cool kids all said we had tinfoil hats on for voicing concerns?
Maybe not so much.
So guess what, just like I said, it isn’t me that will be targeted. It’s those with much much more to lose.

And for gods sake, no matter what anyone has been asked to do, DO NOT repost any malicious link of any hacker to anyone for any reason.

View attachment 1235105

You do realize that I have absolutely ZERO control over how the site is run and the manner in which security is set up, right? 🙄

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You do realize that I have absolutely ZERO control over how the site is run and the manner in which security is set up, right? 🙄
Absolutely
I only quoted your post because it mentioned the deleting of the morning garbage. 😎👍

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
So….I’m not getting my headers? 🤪