WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I was beside myself when,,,,,

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I was feeding the cat and heard a loud bang on the roof of the house.
I walked outside and three boys with hockey sticks were on our Hillside hitting rocks down on the homes and cars and trucks below.

I didn't think much of it, didn't really realize the gravity of their actions, that is, what they were really doing,, but then realized they just took out a shingle like a clay pigeon at a skeet shooting range. In fact, several shingles had been hit.

They all vanished as soon as I looked up the hill,, and I figured,, oh hell, another neighborhood problem.

Then later in the day, I realized the wifes car windshield was demolished as was the windshield on the GMC,,,, obviously from the kids with the Hockey sticks.
So,,, WTF,,, I have to "have a go" with the neighborhood parents.

Well, the kids took out several other windsheilds and other shingles as well, and the paintjob on one neighbors new Dodge truck,,,, and when we all compaired stories,,,, word spread fast.

This was eating at me all Thanksgiving,,,,

So today,,,,

I just got outta the truck from picking up Maynard from school and a girl walked up to me and told me she had the boys that did the damage.

It was her two boys and they were shaking in their shoes in the back of her SUV.
She's a tiny little thing of a mom,, but she keeps her kids correct and was ready to pay for all damages.

Just the thought that this may not happen again will satisfy me.

I'll let it pass on the strength of her courage to come down and make it right.

Damn it pissed me off though.

mrs flyin vee

not a bitch. THE BITCH
Reaction score
I was feeding the cat and heard a loud bang on the roof of the house.
I walked outside and three boys with hockey sticks were on our Hillside hitting rocks down on the homes and cars and trucks below.

I didn't think much of it, but then realized they just took out a shingle like a clay pigeon at a skeet shooting range. In fact, several shingle had been hit.

They all vanished as soon as I looked up the hill,, and I figured,, oh hell, another neighborhood problem.

Then later in the day, I realized the wifes car windshield was demolished as was the windshield on the GMC,,,, obviously from the kids with the Hockey sticks.
So,,, WTF,,, I have to "have a go" with the neighborhood parents.

Well, the kids took out several other windsheilds and other shingles as well, and the paintjob on one neighbors new Dodge truck,,,, and when we all compaired stories,,,, word spread fast.

This was eating at me all Thanksgiving,,,,

So today,,,,

I just got outta the truck from picking up Maynard from school and a girl walked up to me and told me she had the boys that did the damage.

It was her two boys and they were shaking in their shoes in the back of her SUV.
She's a tiny little thing of a mom,, but she keeps her kids correct and was ready to pay for all damages.

Just the thought that this may not happen again will satisfy me.

I'll let it pass on the strength of her courage to come down and make it right.

Damn it pissed me off though.

wow. That really sucks. But at least she is a stand up lady and wanted and tried to make it right. I hope you at least ask her for something. Teach the kids a lesson. Maybe make a deal of them mowing your lawn for a few months or washing the cars. Something for a punishment with a lesson to be learned.
sorry you had so much damage from kids at play. But some pay back from the kids should be had.
Just my 2 cents. :D

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
At first I was gonna say Mom shoulda sent the little turds themselves up to you for confession, but then realized she had no way to know how you were going to react.
Good for her she stepped up.
Good for them, too.
I was held accountable for a few missteps in my "yout" and it didn't hurt over the long haul.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Focking kids today... who knew you shouldn't huck rock with a hockey stick towards houses & cars? I do like the part where the mom comes up to you and confesses, there's a lot to be said about that! Not that any of you are this way, but I see more and more parents today who have the "Not my son(s)/daughter(s)!" attitude.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wow!! That's a story right there. I used to have a neighbor that would try to tee golf balls 150 yds and land them in my parents pool. Every now and again you'd hear a pretty loud "click" in the house.. That was the golf balls bouncing off the roof. I talked to him about it once, and he assured me it wouldn't happen anymore. Found a few more golf balls in the pool later, and never said anything. One day I was out in the back yard sitting at the table (umbrella table dealio) and one of those things went by me at about Mach III. He didn't know anyone was in the back ard, and He saw that he could've pretty easily killed me. When he saw that he came straight down to apollogize and haven't ever had a golf ball in the pool since.

RD

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Just so I am clear...Did you have to buy new windshields for your cars?

That's one hell of a let it go.

Director...
Reaction score
Wow!! That's a story right there. I used to have a neighbor that would try to tee golf balls 150 yds and land them in my parents pool. Every now and again you'd hear a pretty loud "click" in the house.. That was the golf balls bouncing off the roof. I talked to him about it once, and he assured me it wouldn't happen anymore. Found a few more golf balls in the pool later, and never said anything. One day I was out in the back yard sitting at the table (umbrella table dealio) and one of those things went by me at about Mach III. He didn't know anyone was in the back ard, and He saw that he could've pretty easily killed me. When he saw that he came straight down to apollogize and haven't ever had a golf ball in the pool since.

RD

lol...Wanna take a stab at how ol JBB would've handled that one.....:nono

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
isn't that what insurance is for?

Insurance should be for accidents not stupidity:swear.

Mom would have paid for my windshields.......:rules

When I was a kid we tried to hurt eachother with rocks not peoples property:beer:D

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
wow. That really sucks. But at least she is a stand up lady and wanted and tried to make it right. I hope you at least ask her for something. Teach the kids a lesson. Maybe make a deal of them mowing your lawn for a few months or washing the cars. Something for a punishment with a lesson to be learned.
sorry you had so much damage from kids at play. But some pay back from the kids should be had.
Just my 2 cents. :D

I agree…there is a lesson to be learned for these kids. Their actions have consequences. If you let them off the hook….what’s to stop them next time. Some good old-fashioned yard dog duty will do them good.

Scott E

Reaction score
When I was a kid we tried to hurt eachother with rocks not peoples property:beer:D

Same here. We did stupid stuff but it was to ourselves, BB's hurt, even if you're wearing jeans. Never damaged anybody elses property. I just don't understand purposely damaging that which is not yours.....

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
isn't that what insurance is for?

I have a $500 deductible on my Comp. Do you have a zero deductible?

It's TPC's call. I was just curious is all.

There could also be politics in play. I have paid for a situation before just to keep neighborhood peace.

I am not so inclined any longer though. Older and less passive now.

I will say Kids make mistakes but it's plain Old Crappy parenting that spews in these situations. You could have 10 great kids and one bad apple that rots the group.