WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I think we've found our new favorite beer

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
anybody tried the new Corona Familiar??, 32oz's to freedom! (just sayin).:moon:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Haven't tried it yet.. or heard of it. I'll keep an eye out. :)

RD

goofinoff

Reaction score
I love it! Thats all I drink when I'm in Mexico. I drank quite a few when I was down at El Golfo De Santa Clara last weekend. I even have a large coozy for my Corona Familiar "caguama's". I haven't seen it stateside, at least not here in Tucson. Can you buy it here in the U.S. now??

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
lets hear the myth on corona.. LOL (perhaps you should try to make more use of the :D 's)

RD :D :D

Its been said that at the corona brewery in Mexico not in the usa that the workers would piss in the bottles of cauguamas (32 oz coronas in brown bottles) they do taste different is all I can say compared to the coronas sold in the usa.:D:D

DRIVE BYE

Reaction score
Yes, it landed here on the central coast of cali about a week ago. local distributor is almost out of stock now. they had better keep on pissin!:champagne:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did you know that Corona isn't a mexican beer?

It's actually a german beer made with local mexico resources.. ;) Originally came from a german settlement in mexico.

RD

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Did you know that Corona isn't a mexican beer?

It's actually a german beer made with local mexico resources.. ;) Originally came from a german settlement in mexico.

RD

Did you find that out while you were googeling piss beer?:p:D

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Beer Myth 9: Corona is Mexican Piss

In the 1980s there was a rumor that Mexican workers were peeing in the Corona tanks that were destined for the US. Certainly alarmingly disgusting... if true. As it turns out this myth was started as a result of Corona's rising popularity in the US market, and who was jealous? Heineken. This was nothing more than a rumor started by a Heineken wholesaler in Reno. It all worked out, the guy from Heineken admitted his wrongdoing, and Corona continued it's rise to popularity. But the rumor can still be heard today in bars across the country.

OGShocker

Lion Hunter
Reaction score
Beer Myth 9: Corona is Mexican Piss

In the 1980s there was a rumor that Mexican workers were peeing in the Corona tanks that were destined for the US. Certainly alarmingly disgusting... if true. As it turns out this myth was started as a result of Corona's rising popularity in the US market, and who was jealous? Heineken. This was nothing more than a rumor started by a Heineken wholesaler in Reno. It all worked out, the guy from Heineken admitted his wrongdoing, and Corona continued it's rise to popularity. But the rumor can still be heard today in bars across the country.

Why are you starting rumors about Heineken? ;)

goofinoff

Reaction score
Corona Familiar has 6 percent alcohol, while Corona Extra has a mere 4.6 percent, which furthers the allure of the tasty big brother.
On a side note... speaking of contamination........ "The corporate braumeisters of Anheuser-Busch have let genetically engineered rice contaminate their Budweiser beer, independent laboratory testing has revealed. Tests show rice used in Anheuser-Busch's east coast US breweries is contaminated with genetically engineered rice varieties outlawed in most of the world. "
Also, recent surveys of California citrus crops indicate a large infestation of lime tree orchards. This news will not fare well with the Corona Extra drinkers, who often enjoy a slice of lime with their beer.

The lime contamination shouldn't effect drinkers of Anheuser Busch products, unless of course, they prefer lime in their beer......

Could you imagine..... drinking a beer made of contaminated rice and infested lime??:D

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Corona Familiar has 6 percent alcohol, while Corona Extra has a mere 4.6 percent, which furthers the allure of the tasty big brother.

Nice! Corona is the only beer i really drink. Lookin forward to checking this out! :thumbsup

rivergames

Reaction score
The myth is true. When I go to Mexico and HAVE to drink coronas, after the 8th one they taste like fockin donkey piss. Thanks god they opened a Irish pub in Cabo that sells Guinness!!!!