WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Crusader

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
This is the Cessna Crusader

Cessna 303.....Turbocharged, 6 passenger, 200 Mph Cruise!

Makes getting to the river a breeze!

How many other kinds of Crusaders are there out there???

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
There were a lot of us boat people on Grove Ave. back in those days. GS Marine, Warlock Boats, Warlock Racing Engines, Dooley Oil Pans, Crusader Boats and Harry's Marine,who I worked for. We were in the same building as Tom Papp or he was in our building, he was just starting on his own.
Doc Stevens was around also before he moved to AZ. Eliminator was up the street along with Advantage. Glastron was right around the corner also.
Those WERE the days.

riverman140

Lower River Outboards
Reaction score
There were a lot of us boat people on Grove Ave. back in those days. GS Marine, Warlock Boats, Warlock Racing Engines, Dooley Oil Pans, Crusader Boats and Harry's Marine,who I worked for. We were in the same building as Tom Papp or he was in our building, he was just starting on his own.
Doc Stevens was around also before he moved to AZ. Eliminator was up the street along with Advantage. Glastron was right around the corner also.
Those WERE the days.

you wouldent happen to have any pictures you could post up would you?? i would love to see Grove ave back it its "Prime". actually i am very intrested in seeing some pictures. if you have the time and the pics post em up, it would be much appreciated
RM

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Sorry, no pics of those days. Didn't even think about pics back then but sure wish I had some. It was great time, one could walk from boatshop to boatshop, then to the engine shop and over to the canvass shop, over to L&L marine supply. We even use to back boats into Anaheim lake and start them on the trailer to check things. Try that now days.

Lars_The_Swedish_Viking

Reaction score
tapatalk_1464160173797 Crusader Boats 23 Offshore Gilles Briles..jpeg
All Risk 1 3 Stoker 26 SST and Crusader 23.jpg

Mold ended up with Gene Willen and his acquired Howard Custom Boats and became his 23 Offshore.

Catalina-Web_12 Howard 23 Offshore at 2015 Catalina Ski Race.jpg

Last edited: