WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who is into fishing

Furniture 4 Me

Reaction score
looking at going out and wanted see if anyones been out or going out. always nice to know whats going on from some others. local lakes or ocean.
I really want to get the boat out and test some new lures.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, but I don't get to go out as often as I like.

Favorite places, East Cape & Loreto....

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
LOL....I've mostly gone to Catalina. My company charters an over-night to entertain customers 2-3 times per year. I'm usually the charter master, but haven't done it in a while. I'd like to get out too.

I've gone to Irvine lake a couple times. They stock the lake with rainbow trout. Canyon Lake has some decent big mouth bass. I've heard Corona Lake is pretty good as they keep it fairly stocked, but I've never been there.

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
I love to fish! I just have had no time to go or anybody to go with, sometimes fishing by yourself sucks it's always better to have someone with you so if your fishing and not catching you have someone to bullshit with. :thumbsup

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
I love to fish! I just have had no time to go or anybody to go with, sometimes fishing by yourself sucks it's always better to have someone with you so if your fishing and not catching you have someone to bullshit with. :thumbsup

Are you one of those guys that never shuts up. I can't stand people like you. ;)

MMD

Banned Inmate #2584...Now Inmate #20161
Reaction score
If you're going you should bring Tom Brown; he's a Master Baiter.

khaki-master-baiter-t-shirts_design.png

Furniture 4 Me

Reaction score
sweet, so i can get some one to drive home off this post if i take the boat out, and i found out about Irvine is still a good lake, is it still like $40 to launch and fish for 2 people.
i was not happy last year with the Fishing any where, hopefully the water will warm up and i have some cash to dump into the boat.
hope the fuel prices drop a little.
if it gets nice enough in the next few weeks maybe go out for a shark or 2 and see if anything is home on some paddies.

Hugh Jascaulk

Reaction score
I usually will have a pole in the water when out on the lake in Havasu. The bite is usually wide open for the smaller stripers. Also catch a lot of catfish. It's a blast fishing with ultralight gear and 4lb test. Always toss everything back, don't want to deal with them stinking up the boat.

My borther does a lot of salt water fishing in his boat. He does pretty good on the sharks out of Dana Point. Here's a 300lb Thresher he caught not long ago. One of the best tasting fish out there.

Attachments

• 300lbs thresher small size 042.jpg
    300lbs thresher small size 042.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 210

500bbc

Reaction score
Log Barries going off big time in Santa Monica Bay right now.

I have a five day in June.....pray for BFT!:champagne:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
LOL....I've mostly gone to Catalina. My company charters an over-night to entertain customers 2-3 times per year. I'm usually the charter master, but haven't done it in a while. I'd like to get out too.

I've gone to Irvine lake a couple times. They stock the lake with rainbow trout. Canyon Lake has some decent big mouth bass. I've heard Corona Lake is pretty good as they keep it fairly stocked, but I've never been there.
Corona lake is pretty good or it used to be,I haven't been in years. Caught a bunch of croppie,a large mouth and my buddy caught a beauty of a trout.
While I havent fished it in years either,believe it or not Elsinore has(or had) some great fishing.Whenever the weather was just right(or wrong depending on your perspective) Canyon Lake would have to let water out and all their fish end up in Elsinore.Back in 91-93ish when I worked in elsinore I would fish several days per week at lunch time,and almost never got skunked.I would not ever consider eating the fish out of that lake,but it was fun to catch and release.

Anyone fish the Santa Ana river lakes? Any good?

sergeantmike

Reaction score
Texas for big Largemouth.... Cabo was pretty good to us last year for my daughter's first Marlin.... Gonna start beating up Havasu after this weekend and see what it has to offer.

Attachments

• Mexico 074.jpg
    Mexico 074.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 197

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Halibut and white Bass are hitting in Cat Harbor and West side of Shark Harbor.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
We're meeting a broker tomorrow at lunch to look at a used 33' twin diesel sportfisher. We sold ours 12 years ago to fund the companiy's start-up, now it's time for the company to pay up. :D

Figured with this year being an "el nino" year we should have tuna and dorado in the local waters agian. The market is still depressed and it's a good time to buy.

Cheers, Mark

D

Deleted Account

Are you one of those guys that never shuts up. I can't stand people like you. ;)

Hey, Pot....:D:D

My buddies are down at the Coronado's today (needed to run the boat). Water is still colder than shit... Let's get some El Nino going this year!!!

And Canyon Lake, well here's some pics from a couple guys I work with tube fishing last summer...:thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG_1044 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1044 (Large).jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 206

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
sweet, so i can get some one to drive home off this post if i take the boat out, and i found out about Irvine is still a good lake, is it still like $40 to launch and fish for 2 people.
i was not happy last year with the Fishing any where, hopefully the water will warm up and i have some cash to dump into the boat.
if it gets nice enough in the next few weeks maybe go out for a shark or 2 and see if anything is home on some paddies.

Caught some nice spawners down at Otay a few weeks ago. Barret is the place though if you're into bass fishing. Only thing you have to get into the draw to fish the lake.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Some people are catching yellows of the coronados right now. Last weekend diving off La Jolla we saw a couple nice 50+ lb white sea bass but didn't get any shots off.

We're going to head out this weekend and see if we can't get some of these yellow's. Hopefully we can get the Tuna to push up north a little farther than last year :rolleyes:

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Some people are catching yellows of the coronados right now. Last weekend diving off La Jolla we saw a couple nice 50+ lb white sea bass but didn't get any shots off.

We're going to head out this weekend and see if we can't get some of these yellow's. Hopefully we can get the Tuna to push up north a little farther than last year :rolleyes:

What is the limit on white sea bass right now?

Furniture 4 Me

Reaction score
i think its 2 per person, i did look at the regs but didnt find antything on the DFG site rigth up front.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
1-boat_1.jpg

1-img00041.jpg

also here is two of my other companies lures
vsj02-15.png
vtj01-04_ezr2.png

I'll take some of those!! Always wanted to try a swimbait? Have you ever tried to make a larger one for Wahoo? I've always thought they might work well but, I've never seen anyone use one before. I remember when burns came out with the wahoo bombs and now they seem to be on the end of everyones rod.

shueman

Reaction score
Caught a few last week-end out of Lone Pine / Independence...:thumbsup

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

My boat partners caught 9 Barracuda last Wed off of Salt Creek (south Laguna). They were all under size but that is a good sign. Tuna are usually not far behind.

The Fin bait is off the hook. Big schools of that stuff all over the sounder and porpoise everywhere.

So maybe some fish will happen this year. Last year....nothing.

500bbc

Reaction score
My boat partners caught 9 Barracuda last Wed off of Salt Creek (south Laguna). They were all under size but that is a good sign. Tuna are usually not far behind.

The Fin bait is off the hook. Big schools of that stuff all over the sounder and porpoise everywhere.

So maybe some fish will happen this year. Last year....nothing.

Last year the water turned over ealry and stayed that way all season, cold dirty water. Cedros in September was STILL cold.:grumble:

I'll take some of those!! Always wanted to try a swimbait? Have you ever tried to make a larger one for Wahoo? I've always thought they might work well but, I've never seen anyone use one before. I remember when burns came out with the wahoo bombs and now they seem to be on the end of everyones rod.

My cousin makes his own, the YT just inhale them. First one he tried the decks were freaking out "Damn! Look at that thing swim!" then a 45# YT inhaled it and it lodged sideways in his mouth, short fight.:D:D

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
My 9yr Old absolutely LOVES it... I am a horrible fishermom :( no patience and no idea WTF the point is... )
Anyone wanna take him!! LOL
He loves to bass fish, trout, and he's been a couple times with my dad off Point Loma. He's always buggin me to get this lure or go fishing... I can't stand it. I need a fishing intervention.. someone teach me how so I can take him out. :grumble: :D

Furniture 4 Me

Reaction score
My 9yr Old absolutely LOVES it... I am a horrible fishermom :( no patience and no idea WTF the point is... )
Anyone wanna take him!! LOL
He loves to bass fish, trout, and he's been a couple times with my dad off Point Loma. He's always buggin me to get this lure or go fishing... I can't stand it. I need a fishing intervention.. someone teach me how so I can take him out. :grumble: :D

i am down to help out!

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Have I Threatened you before?? :D
You have 11 posts, and zero boobs or boat...

<--------needs a proper introduction before I let you take me fishing. :skull

You might come back with a red snapper. :p

500bbc

Reaction score
Have I Threatened you before?? :D
You have 11 posts, and zero boobs or boat...

<--------needs a proper introduction before I let you take me fishing. :skull

Hey he's trolling gold and drinks Tetwate, doesn't look like he's cheap.:thumbsup:D

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Hey he's trolling gold and drinks Tetwate, doesn't look like he's cheap.:thumbsup:D

LMAO!! Good catch 500! And a Tall one at that!! What are the chances he hangs out with Lue? LOL

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
Here's a pic from the last time I went to Santa Ana River Lakes.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1306449383428.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1306449383428.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 116

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Is Santa Ana River Lakes really considered fishing???????