WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who is into fishing

D

Deleted Account

I can't stand it. I need a fishing intervention.. someone teach me how so I can take him out. :grumble: :D

This is like going Jeeping last year. How bad are you trying to piss Roz off now?:D

Furniture 4 Me

Reaction score
lets see i would post my site up here but i dont want dave to get pissed off, hes too good of a friend.
i have more rods and reels than some small tackle shopes, more lures and crap than the section of target and well the boat was custom built to FISH or should i say catch.
ok so you asked you shall recieve.:D

oh almost forgot tats only 1 of 4 golds.
picture #1 one hell of a day with the dodos off dana point
#2 the capt. Jack in Kona
#3 my boat at Havasu
#4 mako off dana about 110lbs
#5 yummy, ok night out hoopin for bugs
#6 & 7 some great views from the tata's and well if i could fine the other in a steam fishing i would be a happy man to catch that.

Attachments

• fish 8-17.jpg
    fish 8-17.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 2-20110506121900.jpg
    2-20110506121900.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 2-boat_1.jpg
    2-boat_1.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 2-img00041.jpg
    2-img00041.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 2-img00246.jpg
    2-img00246.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 117
  • nice rack.jpg
    nice rack.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 122
  • love.jpg
    love.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

Furniture 4 Me

Reaction score
are you able to get live squid locally?

i am not sure i did hear that there was some, i just check the reports and didnt see any. looks like the weather is going to turn in the next day and half, not sure if i want to head out.

Good luck if you go, also call the bait barge at Dana or HB, sorry dont have there numbers.

thumbs

Reaction score
Corona lake is pretty good or it used to be,I haven't been in years. Caught a bunch of croppie,a large mouth and my buddy caught a beauty of a trout.
While I havent fished it in years either,believe it or not Elsinore has(or had) some great fishing.Whenever the weather was just right(or wrong depending on your perspective) Canyon Lake would have to let water out and all their fish end up in Elsinore.Back in 91-93ish when I worked in elsinore I would fish several days per week at lunch time,and almost never got skunked.I would not ever consider eating the fish out of that lake,but it was fun to catch and release.

Anyone fish the Santa Ana river lakes? Any good?

Hit and miss for me. Some days I limit out in a couple of hours or less and other days I have been skunked. Last time I was there I got nothing and my buddy caught a nice 14lb rainbow.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
lets see i would post my site up here but i dont want dave to get pissed off, hes too good of a friend.
i have more rods and reels than some small tackle shopes, more lures and crap than the section of target and well the boat was custom built to FISH or should i say catch.
ok so you asked you shall recieve.:D

oh almost forgot tats only 1 of 4 golds.
picture #1 one hell of a day with the dodos off dana point
#2 the capt. Jack in Kona
#3 my boat at Havasu
#4 mako off dana about 110lbs
#5 yummy, ok night out hoopin for bugs
#6 & 7 some great views from the tata's and well if i could fine the other in a steam fishing i would be a happy man to catch that.

I use my Mini Kat with 125lb. test line and a large afro in Havasu. I tell you they will bite ALL DAY LONG and theres no limit!!!!!!!:boobeyes::D:boobeyes:

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Some people are catching yellows of the coronados right now. Last weekend diving off La Jolla we saw a couple nice 50+ lb white sea bass but didn't get any shots off.

We're going to head out this weekend and see if we can't get some of these yellow's. Hopefully we can get the Tuna to push up north a little farther than last year :rolleyes:
Strike that, 5-7 foot swells growing to 6-9' at 8-9 seconds... I'll pass and wait for better weather :loser:

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
So here is a pic from a couple years ago on an overnighter to Catalina. It was the day the limit goes from 1 to 3 on White Sea Bass. At 4:30 AM, we had a big school of white sea bass strike. All rods were bent reeling in as fast as we could. Not everyone was awake yet and the captain went below and tried to get everyone up. There were a couple that had done poker, beer, and cigars on the way out that were passed out. We limited out in 45 mins. At the end of the strike, I found a pocket of yellow tail! I brought these two guys up while everyone else was brining in white sea bass. I had brought in several white sea bass before these guys. I got the first yellow tail and was like holy shiat! So, I cast out in the exact same spot and blammy....another yellow tail. As I'm reeling this one in, the captain has to start the motors and is pulling up anchor because we were probably over limit. We had live squid for bait.

About an hour later as we are heading back to Newport, the passed out crew comes stumbling out wanting to know when we are gonna stop and fish. We tell them we already limited out. We showed them the fish we caught for them. :p And we ate white sea bass breakfast burritos, sandwhiches, and tacos to take care of any overlimit issues. :D

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Caught a few thousand of those before but only a few over 50#s 8)

Attachments

• Dad n Me Nice Yellows.jpg
    Dad n Me Nice Yellows.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 115
  • another nice yellow for me.jpg
    another nice yellow for me.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 124

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Wahoo is the bomb though!!

Attachments

• Nice Hoos.jpg
    Nice Hoos.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 122
  • anutter hoo.jpg
    anutter hoo.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 117

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
My cousin makes his own, the YT just inhale them. First one he tried the decks were freaking out "Damn! Look at that thing swim!" then a 45# YT inhaled it and it lodged sideways in his mouth, short fight.:D:D

That is AWESOME!!!

Gelcoater

Reaction score
There goes Wickey again posting pics of sushi again,just not carved and plated this time.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Hah!! I think I will have my sushi bar sold tomorrow so, no more sushi pics!! Granted, I will still be involved with the biz for a while and my next venture has everything to do with sushi. I'm going to have to make it down to RDs to make Sushi on the Spot now that I have time for a vacation.:champagne:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Hah!! I think I will have my sushi bar sold tomorrow so, no more sushi pics!! Granted, I will still be involved with the biz for a while and my next venture has everything to do with sushi. I'm going to have to make it down to RDs to make Sushi on the Spot now that I have time for a vacation.:champagne:
So will you be leaving idaho?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Lower Havasu has produced good stripers this week on trolled chovies. All are tight "metered" fish. Slow troll and curl on ANY "mark". Throw a few small pieces of chummed chovies and see if the metered stripers want to "co-operate". Have had a limit each day for 3 days of fishing since memorial weekend - 1.5 to 5.5 lbs. Certainly a vast improvement over the prior few years.

Reaction score
let?s all hope this year is better for Tuna than last year...We are ready to run ...Sometimes I think to myself fishing is better than racing but keep racing..?

Attachments

• Carl & Dad Fishing.jpg
    Carl & Dad Fishing.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Carl & Dad Fishing II.jpg
    Carl & Dad Fishing II.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 107

Furniture 4 Me

Reaction score
The new RDP code for any orders
rdphookup

Just always want to make sure the people have the latest code for a better deal.

Thank you to all.