WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Metal Wax Guys Suck!

72Hondo

Reaction score
Here's what I don't understand. They make an Amazing Product that sucks you in to see what else you can polish. Why would you do that? :p

Serisoulsy though, I polished a Gas Pedal yesterday that I thought there was no way you could even bring it back to a slight shine. I was blown away by the results. So I polished other stuff that I though had no chance. Metal Wax laughed in my face, "Thats all you got?"

If you have never tried Metal Wax, It will be ther last Metal polish you buy.

Thanks Mike

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
The stuff is pretty BAD ASS!!! I have a project that I'm going to be doing a write up on and metal wax might get pimped a little bit.:rolleyes:

Dezracer

Reaction score
Sounds like a good product , I'll have to try it out . Have you ever tried Zephyr Pro 40 ? So far nothing I've tried even comes close , very little effort and amazing results .

Havasteve

Reaction score
Sounds like a good product , I'll have to try it out . Have you ever tried Zephyr Pro 40 ? So far nothing I've tried even comes close , very little effort and amazing results .

I USED to be a big fan of Zephyr Pro 40, I just bought some and was pissed, now it containes some clear liquid that settles out when allowed to sit, I mean like 30% clear liquid. It's so runny now you go through it fast. The bottle I had before this was a thick creamy product that went far and lasted.

The new bottle has a "Shake Well Before Use" sticker on it. It was very expensive too.

I will be trying Metal Wax next, I hate feeling ripped off. I wrote the company and complained. Never heard from them.

Last edited:

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
My chrome guy turned me on to it. Works great! I've used all kinds of other crap. Metal Wax hands down so far

Dezracer

Reaction score
I USED to be a big fan of Zephyr Pro 40, I just bought some and was pissed, now it containes some clear liquid that settles out when allowed to sit, I mean like 30% clear liquid. It's so runny now you go through it fast. The bottle I had before this was a thick creamy product that went far and lasted.

The new bottle has a "Shake Well Before Use" sticker on it. It was very expensive too.

I will be trying Metal Wax next, I hate feeling ripped off. I wrote the company and complained. Never heard from them.

When I heard they started selling it at Costco , I was afraid it was gonna go to shit.

C-2

Reaction score
Where do you find this Metal Wax - locally or online?

72Hondo

Reaction score
After doing some carpet today I did the stapler.

Before.

629427a2-1b95-69c9.jpg

After. Had to step it up to the high performance stuff. Kicked ass.

629427a2-1c08-9f0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk to hide from the IT dept.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I have been looking all over the place for that stuff. Is it mail order only?

fed4life

Reaction score
Where do you find this Metal Wax - locally or online?

I first used the stuff last week to clean up my exhaust tips on my boat. The previous owner had let them go to sh*t and never took the time to polish them. What they they really needed was a high speed buffer to bring them back them back to that "new shine". Well after looking at the tips and how they were installed it would be a HUGE pain in the ass to remove them and take them to a shop.

I ended up using the Metal Wax Cleaner and then Metal Wax Polish on them.....WOW! That stuff is amazing. It took off all the crud and most of the oxidation on them and brought them back to almost new. I was so impressed i ended up using them on the diamond plate steps on my trailer....GOD DAMN!!! I have never seen diamond plate shine like that. Im a fan for sure and i highly recomend there products.

I ordered it from CP Performance, there actually a little cheaper then ordering it from Metal Wax's website.

kgt

Reaction score
they have a hard water kit for roc and his hard water stains on his car….

Mrs.Racer277

SOCIAL
Reaction score
I have to agree the stuff is amazing. Hubby used it on my boat mufflers they have never looked so good. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

sangermike

Reaction score
WOW when I opened this thread earley this morning I thought :fsakes we got A hater then I started to read and man I was happy. THANKS for the props everybody. you know metalwax works on more than just muffler tips & staplers right:D. try it on copper and you wont believe it.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Ya that Metal Wax is some good shit. It's keeping my stuff nice and shiny. And this Mike guy is an ok guy too. :D

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Yep, touched up the wheels on the truck Sat after washing it, the new pink stuff in the aerosol can is great, walked around looking for stuff to polish. Even cleaned up the headlight lenses on the wifes car better than the stuff I bought just for doing that!

sangermike

Reaction score
got an email & phone call from one of our new cutomers up in Seatle, jim is a retirerd airline pilot and is very picky as you can tell by his clean hanger. anyway he calls the shop last week and tells me he heard about metalwax on a airplane forum and he cant seem to get the haze out of his polished SWIFT and he's done with it. he tells me that he has tried everything :headscratch: I tell him to buy 2 of the metalwax spray cans and your good to go. :boobeyes: here's the result

DSC00673_0.JPG

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I am going to order some....is the actual code to use for the discount RDP?

What product is the one to order for general use? My drive, trim tabs, exhaust tips, etc.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am going to order some....is the actual code to use for the discount RDP?

What product is the one to order for general use? My drive, trim tabs, exhaust tips, etc.

Tom, I think your drive should be a matte finish.. I don't think you want to use metal wax on that. Your tabs if memory serves are a pewter anodizing.. You definitely don't want to use it on that. Exhuast tips / manifold / engine / steering etc.. Fenders (if their stainless)

RD

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Tom, I think your drive should be a matte finish.. I don't think you want to use metal wax on that. Your tabs if memory serves are a pewter anodizing.. You definitely don't want to use it on that. Exhuast tips / manifold / engine / steering etc.. Fenders (if their stainless)

RD

:( I want it to shine like that airplane does.

JBS

Reaction score
Ya that Metal Wax is some good shit. It's keeping my stuff nice and shiny. And this Mike guy is an ok guy too. :D

It must be real easy to use, as all you Union guys are lazy:rolleyes:;):D

sangermike

Reaction score
I just called mike at CP PERFORMANCE and turned on the MWSHIPFREE code for free shipping. :thumbsup

Last edited:

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I just got the lips on a set of wheels polished out. I'll be ordering some metalwax to keep them shiney. You guys have great backing from happy customers, that alone will take you a long way.

Waterheater

Reaction score
So what's the best to order for just everyday stuff? Valve covers, intakes, fenders. There's a lot of product, I want to get the right ones

Little D

Reaction score

RD

Their website lists anodizing as an acceptable finish for their products???

Hugh Jascaulk

Reaction score
I'm on the CP site trying to order. How to I get free shipping or 10% discount? I tried entering in the MWFREESHIP and RDP code, but it's says I've entered and invalid code.

WildHorses24

Reaction score

I'm going to order some and try it out on the bead locks...then the ultimate test on the exhaust tips...if I don't need the buffer to apply it's a pass in my book :thumbsup

PS...Fix your avatar pic......you have the nicest Bayliner on the lake;):cool:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Their website lists anodizing as an acceptable finish for their products???

I have no idea, you'd have to ask Mike.. You couldn't pay me to use that stuff on my annodized parts though.. Got a hunch you'll be re-annodizing in not time flat. LOL I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the 1st time.

RD

sangermike

Reaction score
I have no idea, you'd have to ask Mike.. You couldn't pay me to use that stuff on my annodized parts though.. Got a hunch you'll be re-annodizing in not time flat. LOL I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the 1st time.

RD

yes you can use the metalwax standard metal cleaner (green) & then the polishing gel on anodizing. the reson why is because the polishing gel is a true no abrasive and the ano will look great. now do not use the HIGH PERFORMANCE metal cleaner on your ano you will hurt it.

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score
Mike - I found this stuff in my boat box and have no clue where it came from. Is this your product? Looks like old packaging maybe?

metalwax.jpg
[/IMG]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not Mike's product.. I'd be curious to know what it is though. :)

RD

sangermike

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, this wanabe stuff doesn't work very well.

:grumble: trust me I know the whole frigin story on these clowns. first they thoght they were smart by calling them self collinite metalwax trying to play on our METALWAX key words then they tryed to copy our metalwax. thats a joke! long story there I should shut my mouth now.:D

hey if your in SSF ANDY'S tire & wheels has metalwax. BRIZZIOS will have it in a couple weeks also when I get back down there. do you know larry Gotteli.

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score
Hey, at least it's not the Chinese knocking off your stuff. :)

SSF is a hassle for me unless I'm going to the airport. I'll probably just get it from CP when I order some other items.

sangermike

Reaction score
I'm on the CP site trying to order. How to I get free shipping or 10% discount? I tried entering in the MWFREESHIP and RDP code, but it's says I've entered and invalid code.

sorry HUGH I mixed it up MWSHIPFREE :bash:

sangermike

Reaction score
So what's the best to order for just everyday stuff? Valve covers, intakes, fenders. There's a lot of product, I want to get the right ones

waterheater, the best deal is to get the 8oz mini tri pack $36.95 you get the 8oz standerd metal cleaner,8oz metalwax polishing gel & 16oz spray shine. this kit will handle all your polishing needs for all metals and last a long time alittle goes along way. If you have any questions please feel free to call me at the shop 530-923-2972

http://www.shop.metalwax.com/Tri-Pack-8-oz-TP8.htm

thanks mike

RDP code for 10% off from us

MWSHIPFREE from cp performance for free shipping

steveo143

Reaction score
I found a great use for the white 'Top Wax'. After cleaning and resealing granite countertops, apply the 'Top Wax', amazing! For those in Orange County, I have some Metalwax product still in stock from my son's now closed shop.

Steve Peterson 714 579-7857

sangermike

Reaction score
this is what metalwax spray shine is all about. bringing clarity to polished aluminum or any metal for that matter.

_DSC0018.jpg

bluethundermustangsample.jpg

LANCAIR, stainless exhaust left side metalwax polishing gel

_DSC0007.jpg

JustAQuestion

Reaction score
Here's what I don't understand. They make an Amazing Product that sucks you in to see what else you can polish. Why would you do that? :p

Serisoulsy though, I polished a Gas Pedal yesterday that I thought there was no way you could even bring it back to a slight shine. I was blown away by the results. So I polished other stuff that I though had no chance. Metal Wax laughed in my face, "Thats all you got?"

If you have never tried Metal Wax, It will be ther last Metal polish you buy.

Thanks Mike

Are they still in business? Videos gone from youtube and website is not reachable.

Tank

Reaction score
I have a few bottles left too. It really was amazing stuff. Dude I dealt with back when was very helpful and professional and the product was over the top awesome. I'm super curious to know what happened. Why would a seemingly great product that was just catching good ground go belly up? Wasn't the owner on here too?