WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another phukkin owner surrender

JB in so cal

Reaction score
My wife is a volunteer with a dog rescue group and she got a call today on a German Shorthair in a shelter that was surrendered by his family:skull

Paperwork says five years old but he looks to be about 8-9. Good dog, looks very healthy.

A member of the family for (8) five years and just drops him off - buh bye!!!:rolleyes:

This group has adopted out about 50 dogs so far this year and another one just got thrown into the available pile:swear

I'll never get used to this shit.:cry:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Better surrendered than abused or abandoned........

riverroyal

Reaction score
all of them,,,no big deal,get a bigger boat

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Better surrendered than abused or abandoned........

Not my point. If you had a power tool for 5 years, you'd think twice about giving it away for free, right?

I'm not sure, after reading some of these letters, that people put the same amount of thought into the family pet!:loser:

D

Deleted Account

until tomorrow morning, I've got two extras here, fag!

LOL, we played hotel for the local Golden Retriever rescue... After about 25 pups we had to quit. Some are awesome, others not so much...

Awesome what you are doing!:thumbsup:thumbsup

riverroyal

Reaction score
including buddy? thats not too bad really...get a bigger couch!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I will bring him over if your maxed out.

He's going to the rescue tomorrow, Lots of space there. Just venting! Thanks for the offer. He's really a gentle soul. Needs a little training and he'd be a stellar dog.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Picked this one up at the local Golden Retreiver rescue.....

We were told he was 3 to 4 years old, he is now, after 3 years......

Wouldn't trade him for anything....

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 201

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Picked this one up at the local Golden Retreiver rescue.....

We were told he was 3 to 4 years old, he is now, after 3 years......

Wouldn't trade him for anything....

:champagne::champagne::champagne:Thank you for adopting!:bowdown:

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Not my point. If you had a power tool for 5 years, you'd think twice about giving it away for free, right?

I'm not sure, after reading some of these letters, that people put the same amount of thought into the family pet!:loser:

So, what do you do.....
You lost your house, you can't rent anything that allows pets, so the option is to live in your car, with your wife, kids and the dog...
or give up the dog....
We would live in the car with the dog and cats, but we don't have kids.
Ours came out of Merced, the rescue folks were trolling the kill shelters looking for dogs....
Transported up to Sacramento.

Loves everyone, kids, dogs, cats, skunks,,

The funny thing is, people who don't like dogs, think he is really cool.
At the river, we hear, maybe we should get a dog......

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score

I agree with you.
I was watching Pit Boss and they were talking about Colorado and the ban on Pit bulls and this lady said "I love my dog, but I cant live in the city of Denver and keep her". Move then!!! My dogs are part of our family I would never give them up!!!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
So, what do you do.....
You lost your house, you can't rent anything that allows pets, so the option is to live in your car, with your wife, kids and the dog...
or give up the dog....
We would live in the car with the dog and cats, but we don't have kids.
Ours came out of Merced, the rescue folks were trolling the kill shelters looking for dogs....
Transported up to Sacramento.

Loves everyone, kids, dogs, cats, skunks,,

The funny thing is, people who don't like dogs, think he is really cool.
At the river, we hear, maybe we should get a dog......

If this was the case, I wouldn't have an issue. Most - 60-70% of the letters/emails from families that surrender go something like this:

Our kids are getting older, playing sports, have stuff we need to do; please take our dog and find him a home...

or...

My wife and I have retired and we want to travel. Please take our dog and find him a good home...

or...

we're moving and the new home we've selected (keep in mind they HAVE A DOG!!!) just doesn't suit having a dog. Please find a home for our dog.

:loser::loser:

LuauLounge

Reaction score
It's funny,
We have full health insurance and we avoid Doctors like the plague.
The dogs and cats get their regular checkups because, they can't tell us if there are any issues.

E4L

Reaction score
I would like to get my girl macey a friend I think she gets bored during the day

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311739674.185131.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311739674.185131.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 192
D

Deleted Account

Mine likes running his girls around, lol...

Attachments

• iPhone Pics 439 (Large).jpg
    iPhone Pics 439 (Large).jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 171

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Both of my boxers are rescued, the male is 4, the owners had been unemployed and lost their house. They couldn't find a place that would take dogs that they could afford so they turned him in to the shelter. I hear what you are saying but people go through shit and have to make tough choices. Bottom line you don't know the back story on most of the people so no need getting down on them. Just do what you do and enjoy the rewards that come with it, the rest will eat you up inside if you dwell on it. I cant even walk in to a shelter, had to send my wife in, its hard to see all the abandoned animals that need homes. Could be why I have 6 dogs :thumbsup

LuauLounge

Reaction score
As the first dog is aging, we have added a second dog...
It prolongs the life of the first dog and gives us the bridge of losing the first dog.
Our family is made up of dogs and cats, all rescued.
The rescued cats were indoor, never around dogs.
The first night, they escaped into the back yard.
And met the dogs.

After that, the dogs respect the cats, the dogs are now cat chasers, they never want to catch up with the cats....
The cats know this, so they will entertain the dog, and run from him, and then turn and stop, which the dog goes into full anti-lock mode to avoid the collision.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Both of my boxers are rescued, the male is 4, the owners had been unemployed and lost their house. They couldn't find a place that would take dogs that they could afford so they turned him in to the shelter. I hear what you are saying but people go through shit and have to make tough choices. Bottom line you don't know the back story on most of the people so no need getting down on them. Just do what you do and enjoy the rewards that come with it, the rest will eat you up inside if you dwell on it. I cant even walk in to a shelter, had to send my wife in, its hard to see all the abandoned animals that need homes. Could be why I have 6 dogs :thumbsup

Agreed. That's the 30% I can handle:cool:
We donate time, mileage on our truck, money, and a shit load more time to make sure these dogs get a great permanent home.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
We have two min pins and a fifteen year old collie that we adopted.they are our furry children.They all get walked twice a day,and are spoiled rotten but I wouldn't let them go for nothing.the two min pins go with us to havasu and are seasoned boaters.They get all excited if you say road trip girls lets go!On the other hand you have people like some of my nieghbors who have dogs that just sit in the yard all day with no interaction at all from their owners which sucks.Hopefully you will find good homes for these dogs and that is very cool of you to do.Maybe in some cases it's best for the dogs to find someone who can take better care of them.:thumbsup:thumbsup

hotsand

Reaction score
Throw away pet owners suck....puppies are amazingly cute but they do grow up and become attached to you. That doesn't give you the right to get rid of them because they actually need your attention and love. I HATE THROW AWAY PET PEOPLE....

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed. That's the 30% I can handle:cool:
We donate time, mileage on our truck, money, and a shit load more time to make sure these dogs get a great permanent home.

Thats awesome, they need all the advocates they can get!! :thumbsup

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Have 2 GSP's would take him but i'm maxes out walking mine and my Daughter every night.
best river dogs by far, get lots of.attention for their awesome colors

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I'm watching this boy play with a blanket like it's the best thing ever... Dogs.....:D

Riverjunkie42

Reaction score
If this was the case, I wouldn't have an issue. Most - 60-70% of the letters/emails from families that surrender go something like this:

Our kids are getting older, playing sports, have stuff we need to do; please take our dog and find him a home...

or...

My wife and I have retired and we want to travel. Please take our dog and find him a good home...

or...

we're moving and the new home we've selected (keep in mind they HAVE A DOG!!!) just doesn't suit having a dog. Please find a home for our dog.

:loser::loser:

FUCK THOSE FILTHY DISGUSTING ASSHOLES. SELFISH PRICKS SHOULD BE SHAMED TO HELL. People like that make me sick. :boo::mad::swear

Havasteve

Reaction score
When I was in 5th grade the animal shelter came to school and showed a movie about what happens at the shelter to unwanted pets, the death and disposal. This left an impression on me that I remember today.
I have always adopted from the pound, I'm on #3. It kind of pisses me off when I hear people brag about their dog they purchased from a for profit breeder and the "Papers" they possess, like I'm supposed to be impressed. What are you going to do with those "Papers"

For every pet purchased from a breeder, one discarded loyal companion will be killed at the pound. Right now Mohave co shelters are swamped with pets and are forced to destroy these loving creatures.

Personally I would rather have a healthy mixed breed than an over bred personal accessory to brag about.

Please people, adopt from your local shelter....;)

Last edited:

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Thanks for doing what you do JB, but you're still a fag... :D

We rescued our little guy, if we had a bigger place we would have 5 of him...

JB in so cal

Reaction score
The two "loaner" dogs are back at the rescue - hopefully to be adopted by a willing family(s) and my big boy "buddy" has his house and our couch back to himself.

I can't stress enough to try VERY hard to adopt rather than buy a pet.

We'll be out at Havasu this weekend - hope to run into some rdp folk - but it'll have to be down south....:D

Barry, OutCole'd and RR are still gigantic homos:gayfight:gayfight:gayfight:rolleyes:

PaPaG

Reaction score
FUCK THOSE FILTHY DISGUSTING ASSHOLES. SELFISH PRICKS SHOULD BE SHAMED TO HELL. People like that make me sick. :boo::mad::swear

I don't think I could have said it better myself.... :thumbsup

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Don't focus on the folks that give up the dogs.....
Focus on the people that bring the discarded animals home.....

Support the rescue associations, give them money, dog food, your time, anything.

By adopting a dog through them, you save not only the dog you brought home, but the next one.

I was really impressed, we were visited by the group to insure, not only were we approved, but the "dogs" space was adequate.

Although some folks may find this intrusive, as did I, it worked for us.

We now have a member of our family that spends most of his time sleeping on the couch, eating and farting.....

My wife now thinks she has two husbands........

Faceaz

Reaction score
Both of ours were resue pups. Sucks, but we just decided to put down the oldest. He's seventeen next month, going blind, is deaf, major arthritic & loosing control of the bowel movements. It's just time, think we're going to have someone come to the house to euthanize him.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Both of ours were resue pups. Sucks, but we just decided to put down the oldest. He's seventeen next month, going blind, is deaf, major arthritic & loosing control of the bowel movements. It's just time, think we're going to have someone come to the house to euthanize him.

Our girl was 15 1/2 and we thought we'd get 12 out of her...

you're helping him along in his journey. He's been at your side for 17 years and you need to do this for him. :bowdown:

It sucks asss!!!

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Don't focus on the folks that give up the dogs.....
Focus on the people that bring the discarded animals home.....

Support the rescue associations, give them money, dog food, your time, anything.

By adopting a dog through them, you save not only the dog you brought home, but the next one.

I was really impressed, we were visited by the group to insure, not only were we approved, but the "dogs" space was adequate.

Although some folks may find this intrusive, as did I, it worked for us.

We now have a member of our family that spends most of his time sleeping on the couch, eating and farting.....

My wife now thinks she has two husbands........

Surprisingly, the would be adopters push back at the interview process...

"I want to adopt one of your dogs. just give him to me..."

Doesn't work like that. If you don't fit, the dog won't either...

A pretty good % get sent down the road 'cause the reasons they want a gsp don't match up to what the rescue holds close - these dogs require a certain commitment and if you're not up the sniff test: you're out!

HolyMoly

reMember
Reaction score
Hey JB...

Was your rescue involved in America's Family Pet Expo in Costa Mesa or Puyallup, WA?

If you don't know, that is a HUGE pet adoption Expo. My company is one of the main sponsors of these events, and our VP is on the Board of the WPA (World Pet Association) that puts on these expos. If they would like to be involved, let me know. I think they adopted out 850 ish dogs in costa mesa, and 250 ish in Puyallup. The event in Puyallup was the 1st time they did it there and they will do it again next year, but I think a week later. There was a local rescue that had a pair of great GSP's named Gus and Frank. They were a non-kill shelter, so they were committed to finding a forever home for them.

We have another show coming up in Vegas called Super Zoo, but it is a show that is closed to the public and is more of an industry trade show...no adoptions, but they do run a dog show during the event. there are a few breed rescues that participate, but this show is mega-expensive (Mandalay Bay) and most rescues don't really benefit from being there.

You can check out the pet expo at www.americasfamilypetexpo.com

Faceaz

Reaction score
Our girl was 15 1/2 and we thought we'd get 12 out of her...

you're helping him along in his journey. He's been at your side for 17 years and you need to do this for him. :bowdown:

It sucks asss!!!

Thanks. I actually feel pretty good about the decision, you just know when its time. I think the night before we'll have steak, and hell get his own - pretty much has always been a dog food only diet. At least he'll go out feeling good.

thumbs

Reaction score
I foster and volunteer for So. Cal. Golden Retriever Rescue.

http://scgrrescue.org/RP_Adoptable.asp?cid=9

We have has a ton of owners surrenders in the last year or so. Probably about 150. One of which I fostered and decided to keep after only a few days. Fully papered and from a Champion line. Owners were in tears when I picked him up. Lost their jobs and home and wife was pregnant with their 3rd kid so they had no option. They didn't want to take him to the pound so the called us. Win for them, win for us and most important a win for Bear.

Attachments

• bearinboat.jpg
    bearinboat.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 78
  • dock2.4.jpg
    dock2.4.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 79

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I was at our local Yamaha Shop yesterday and the wife got to talking to a girl with a local German Shepard Rescue who was in buying parts for her M/C.
She mentioned they get about 15 to 30 a month.
That's a tough thing to do.

One of the cooks at the Roadrunner has a dark Pit Bull which has to be one the the coolest dogs I've ever met.
A mellow, friendly character, that loves to lick kids.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Hey JB...

Was your rescue involved in America's Family Pet Expo in Costa Mesa or Puyallup, WA?

If you don't know, that is a HUGE pet adoption Expo. My company is one of the main sponsors of these events, and our VP is on the Board of the WPA (World Pet Association) that puts on these expos. If they would like to be involved, let me know. I think they adopted out 850 ish dogs in costa mesa, and 250 ish in Puyallup. The event in Puyallup was the 1st time they did it there and they will do it again next year, but I think a week later. There was a local rescue that had a pair of great GSP's named Gus and Frank. They were a non-kill shelter, so they were committed to finding a forever home for them.

We have another show coming up in Vegas called Super Zoo, but it is a show that is closed to the public and is more of an industry trade show...no adoptions, but they do run a dog show during the event. there are a few breed rescues that participate, but this show is mega-expensive (Mandalay Bay) and most rescues don't really benefit from being there.

You can check out the pet expo at www.americasfamilypetexpo.com

The rescue particpated in the costa mesa event - got a few adoptions out of it, too. Being a southern california rescue the other events are not possible.

C-2

Reaction score
We've found, and kept, a Cow Dog, a black Lab and a pit-bull mix within the past year.

Dogs are easy.....imagine dealing with abandoned horses. Our ferrier spends as much time dealing with horses he finds abandoned, as he does shoeing them.