WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Mortgage Market Update/Purchase and Refinance Mortgage info

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Holy smokes campers...

Check our website at WWW.SCOTTWENHE.COM or click on our advertising banner here at RDP.

We handle:
VA (lower pricing than Navy Fed and USAA)
FHA
Conventional
HARP
Home Possible and Home Ready
True Jumbo loans to 90% loan to value with NO PMI. Our pricing is extremely aggressive.

Our turns times are between 14-30 days and our pricing is far more aggressive than direct lenders, banking institutions and even credit unions. We have no overhead costs so we will be happy to beat any offers you may have in writing. Shop us against any lender.

Last edited:

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
Great to see!!! Hopefully the fence riders will jump off! :thumbsup:D:thumbsup

ArcadiaBrad

Reaction score
What kind of rate/points/LTV for a non-owner occupied duplex?

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
Great time to buy! Anyone want a turnkey river pad in Willow Valley, Az?

Riverjunkie42

Reaction score
Holy crap this is what happened after 9-11 isn't it? For awhile the economy was tanking and then they started that disastrous and out of control deficit spending as well as wanting everyone to own their own home which contributed to this rut in our economy.

You all know gold was at about $350 an ounce. Now its around $1650 an ounce. That's nuts. its the economy stupid. :thumbsdown

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
California rates Bill. :cry: :D We'll be out there next week. Hopefully we'll run into you guys this time?

You're going to be in Parker though, right? I'll be in Havi all week. Call me if you're around.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Interesting news. I'll have to keep this in mind.

:cool:

Pricing should actually get better tomorrow if the employment reports come out worse than expected (which has a good chance of happening). Bad for jobs, good for rates.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Pricing should actually get better tomorrow if the employment reports come out worse than expected (which has a good chance of happening). Bad for jobs, good for rates.

This I will not forget! :D

Tamale has been helping me with a re-fi for the past few weeks, and has been doing an Outstanding job, putting up with all of my questions! :p

If you looking for someone to help you with this, Scott is the man for sure. :thumbsup

NdaWind

Reaction score
Damn does that mean my lock at 4.375 is going down? Scott is good guy also working with him for last couple of weeks to refi but our value came in low but he is still trying to work some magic:thumbsup

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
This I will not forget! :D

Tamale has been helping me with a re-fi for the past few weeks, and has been doing an Outstanding job, putting up with all of my questions! :p

If you looking for someone to help you with this, Scott is the man for sure. :thumbsup

Damn does that mean my lock at 4.375 is going down? Scott is good guy also working with him for last couple of weeks to refi but our value came in low but he is still trying to work some magic:thumbsup

Thank you gentlemen. I appreciate the kind words. :thumbsup

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ugh, makes me sick that we pay a month ahead every month and can't refi because our value has dipped. :swear:swear:swear

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Ugh, makes me sick that we pay a month ahead every month and can't refi because our value has dipped. :swear:swear:swear

What's your approximate loan to value Melissa? PM me your address so I can look it up and check the comps.

Outnumbered

Don't tax me bro!
Reaction score
What's your approximate loan to value Melissa? PM me your address so I can look it up and check the comps.

If it's anything like me and most other AZ peeps that bought about 5-7 years ago its about 200%......and like 909 says.....fuckin shit muther fuckin fuck!!!!!!!!!!!! We're fucked!!!!!!!!:cry:

maxwedge

(Maximus Wedge-i-mus)
Reaction score
That is awesome. My adjustable rate currently is 2.25 and is gonna be like 1. something pretty soon. I'll have it paid off before it goes back up. Rock on shitty economy! LOL

just_floatin

Reaction score
I just closed on a refi with Chase two weeks ago on a second home property. Went from 6.5% to 4.54% fixed at 15 years. I should have waited another week. :D

BigQ

Reaction score
So with the US downgrade rate will be going up? Bonds interest should be going up because of the risk, not sure by how much. Any thoughts on mortgage rates?

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
I just closed on a refi with Chase two weeks ago on a second home property. Went from 6.5% to 4.54% fixed at 15 years. I should have waited another week. :D

You should've called me. Rates on 15 year fixed loans 2 weeks ago were in the high 3% range. Still are.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
So with the US downgrade rate will be going up? Bonds interest should be going up because of the risk, not sure by how much. Any thoughts on mortgage rates?

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out. I would suggest that domestic players and/or gov't may actually purchase our bonds as the stock market may be entering another stage of extreme volatility and uncertainty. My personal belief is that if the gov't keeps up this spending, they won't be able to buy their way out of any more economic disasters i.e. banks failing, auto market collapsing etc. Again, it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

westair

Reaction score
According to the experts last year we were supposed to have inflation and higher interest/mortgage rates about now!!! just what I thought! ..nobody fuckin knows!!:D

laynhose

Reaction score
what is the cost for a 4% 30 year fixed on a conventional ? do I have to pay any points to get it down to 4% ? Thanks

just_floatin

Reaction score
You should've called me. Rates on 15 year fixed loans 2 weeks ago were in the high 3% range. Still are.

Good to know going forward. I have my eyes on a couple of properties in Havasu. Should one become available I will look you up. This purchase will be my primary residence.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Can you write loans in Colorado? Do you do FHA? Are there any products out there that do not require mortgage insurance with 5% down opposed to the 3.5% down that the FHA requires?

I'm looking for a 30 year conventional non jumbo. I like the idea of only putting down 3.5% on the FHA but if I can avoid mortgage isnurance by going 5% I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Can you write loans in Colorado? Do you do FHA? Are there any products out there that do not require mortgage insurance with 5% down opposed to the 3.5% down that the FHA requires?

I'm looking for a 30 year conventional non jumbo. I like the idea of only putting down 3.5% on the FHA but if I can avoid mortgage isnurance by going 5% I wouldn't be opposed to it.

We can do loans in Colorado. Anything above 80% loan to value on a purchase with the exception of a VA will require MI. We can do a 95% loan to value purchase on a single family residence with MI but no upfront MI premium so the balance will not increase due to the MI premiums required by a FHA.

Scott

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
what is the refy cost for 417 K loan ?

Depends on what rate you choose. Rate cost depends on about 20 different factors. What we do is take your application and run the scenario. After that, we present about 5-10 different choices of pricing and different loan programs. You narrow your search then I give you about 3 more choices. At that time, I'll give you my nickles worth of advice about the pros and cons of each choice and then you choose what you want. :thumbsup It takes a little works to find the right pricing for each individual client and their specific scenario.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
I worked with Scott a few months back and can say that he was great to deal with:thumbsup

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Rates are still VERY low. They rebounded Friday a little to 4.25%.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I bought a house with somebody other than Scott. One look at my "Good Faith Estimate" told me I was getting screwed. One call and one fax from Scott saved me just under 10K in closing costs.

Thanks Scott,

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Here we go again. Rates on the way back down. Check our hourly rates at www.wenhemortgageandrealty.com. You can also fill out a secure loan application on that site for a faster turn around.

I'll be in Parker this week but I will have my computer handy for locks. I will (depending upon wireless reception in the Keys) be available via email.

:thumbsup

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Back in the saddle campers...check the rates. They're loooow. 3.875% on a 30 fixed on a 30 day lock.

www.wenhemortgageandrealty.com. These rates are specific for California. Other state pricing available on request. We do not do loans in NY or TX.

Further bulletins as events warrant. :D

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
FYI...ALL high balance mortgages MUST fund by September 30th. The government in their infinite wisdom is reducing the high balance conforming loan limits. :rolleyes: For instance, San Diego county is reducing from $697,000 to $546,250. :grumble: If you have high balance loans, NOW is the time to make hay while the sun shines.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
3.75% 30 year fixed.

That really is too good to believe. I don't distrust your figures but I find myself wondering what the catch is and how come I don't own US property.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
That really is too good to believe. I don't distrust your figures but I find myself wondering what the catch is and how come I don't own US property.

Here's the upcoming catch Tom. There are no catches with the rates though. But as soon as the gov't changes the loan amounts, anyone with a high balance mortgage will instantly be categorized as a true jumbo loans which constitutes higher rates i.e. 4.75% (current jumbo rate) versus the 4.0% rate as of now.

http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1102430933498-9/huddoc_id=fhaloanlmhera.pdf

:grumble:

PolarBearKing

The Ass Man
Reaction score
update.

California rates:

FHA 3.75% 30 year fixed.

Are you talking about a 3.5% down below $419K loan, ONLY?

Is that rate based on a certain FICO score??? Or, as long as you qualify for the FHA loan, that is the rate?

Inquiring minds want to know?

cxr

Reaction score
Are you talking about a 3.5% down below $419K loan, ONLY?

Is that rate based on a certain FICO score??? Or, as long as you qualify for the FHA loan, that is the rate?

Inquiring minds want to know?

Thats a good question i got a quote from chase yesterday and they quoted 4.8% for 30 years and i have excellent credit last time i checked my FICO it was 760