WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Good unhealthy Fooood.....

Hammer

Reaction score
Between Ziggy's Melting pot review, Eli's quest for wings and these pictures........ ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369350925.874270.jpg
Lucky boy Burrito in South Pasadena,Ca

Miss that place.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369351041.036873.jpg
Great Gatsburger from a friends chain of resteraunts in So Cal Slaters 50/50's

from FB it got me thinking about good FOOOD !

I'm not talking about Fine dining and expensive meals, I'm talking about a good old fashion mouth watering, unhealthy, who cares if it will give me a stroke food ! I miss the places that used to go to when I lived in So Cal. Phillpes in Dowtown, a little hole in the wall called Uncle Johns down there as well....

One of my favorites is a place when I go home is a place called Yakis, they have a deep fried hot dog with melted cheese and a dipping sauce called yaki sauce . . They have several Yakis in the Burbank/Glendale area.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369352163.329876.jpg lunch today College St. Brewery in Havasu . My favorite in town.

What places do you or did you frequent that are your favorites ?

Hammer

Reaction score
I'm craving either In-n-out burger(double double) or pizza hut (pepperoni pizza) for dinner. It's between one of the two. Lol

Btw... Hopefully UB doesn't read this.:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever watched Diners,drive ins and dives ? More on that scale than a Pizza Hut or in n out. You really need to get out more .;)

RVRKID

Reaction score
Juanitas-Ontario, Claremont and Rancho Cucamonga
Taco King- Upland
Vinces Spaghetti

cakemoto

Reaction score
Burbank blvd and hollywood way.next to the kawi dealer:thumbup:
anyone ever been to el tepeyac?

Last edited:

Tio Pancho

Reaction score
Been there many times.

One time about ten years ago (I think it was a weekday) I was in there early for breakfast. The owner who was about seventy came around and started talking to a group of guys in the corner. After a short chat he came back and started pouring tequila shots around the table! That's my kind of place.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
bacon cheeseburger and fried zucchini from A's Burger in Dana Point:cool

RSoscia

Reaction score
El tepeyac is great!

Went to El Tepeyac one time the burrito was good. Too much filler like beans and crap ate half, brought the other half home and threw i out. It was all rice and beans not enough beef. Hate paying for filler. El Rey in Chino on Riverside Dr. is better.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Burbank blvd and hollywood way.next to the kawi dealer:thumbup:
anyone ever been to el tepeyac?

Been there many times.

One time about ten years ago (I think it was a weekday) I was in there early for breakfast. The owner who was about seventy came around and started talking to a group of guys in the corner. After a short chat he came back and started pouring tequila shots around the table! That's my kind of place.

Manuel (sadly passed about 6 months ago or so). Just talked about the second location (60 at Crossroads) and all agreed it ain't the same as the East LA location and neither is the same since Manuel passed.

Taquila shots in a water glass was his way of saying "thanx, welcome back!"

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
LOL, not that I know of..

You nailed my three favorite spots, LOL.
I eat at Juanitas Ontario a couple times a week. Havent hit Taco King in awhile, need to get in.
Vinces is where my wife wants to go everytime we get back from the lake.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
evry Sunday for lunch its either The habit or Fat Burger for a nice burger.

RVRKID

Reaction score
You nailed my three favorite spots, LOL.
I eat at Juanitas Ontario a couple times a week. Havent hit Taco King in awhile, need to get in.
Vinces is where my wife wants to go everytime we get back from the lake.

HAHA cuz my girl is always craving Vinces also but can't get her to like the mexican food like me.

Had the bean special today!

I went last Friday, I mix the green and red sauce now since the red used to taste like ketchup.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
Went to El Tepeyac one time the burrito was good. Too much filler like beans and crap ate half, brought the other half home and threw i out. It was all rice and beans not enough beef. Hate paying for filler. El Rey in Chino on Riverside Dr. is better.

Is el Rey the place by joeys bbq? Grew up in chino until 8 years ago and can't picture it.

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score
HAHA cuz my girl is always craving Vinces also but can't get her to like the mexican food like me.

I went last Friday, I mix the green and red sauce now since the red used to taste like ketchup.

I would like to have a beer next time I'm in town and a burrito would top it off!

RVRKID

Reaction score
I would like to have a beer next time I'm in town and a burrito would top it off!

Well if you ever call me when you are here I am sure we can get that handled!!!

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
Almost any place in New Orleans

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369368056.969093.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369368089.904563.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369368114.969156.jpg

Or some of my own BBQ concoctions.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369368293.162564.jpg

Spot

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Taqueria De Anda in Santa Ana.. Just make it quick! :(

spotondl

In a Purple Haze
Reaction score
i have always wanted to try crawfish. every time i see it, it looks so good.

aren't those deals where they cooked crawfish called boils?

Yes they are called crawfish boils. The plate in the pic is 4lbs of crawfish, 4 andouille sausage links, 1 pound potato's & corn. All boiled together in these HUGE boil vats. Each vat is probably 3 feet deep & 8 feet in diameter. You order how much of what you want & they scoop it out for ya. Cheap too, that whole plate was $15 or so.

Spot

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I'm craving either In-n-out burger(double double) or pizza hut (pepperoni pizza) for dinner. It's between one of the two. Lol

Btw... Hopefully UB doesn't read this.:D

You can walk to both. :D

koenig

Reaction score
I crave sashimi and chopped scallop rolls, lucky for me we have Japanese restaurants in almost every strip mall here. Found an all you can eat place that has unlimited sashimi, rolls and sushi, its not bad for $19.95.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Yes they are called crawfish boils. The plate in the pic is 4lbs of crawfish, 4 andouille sausage links, 1 pound potato's & corn. All boiled together in these HUGE boil vats. Each vat is probably 3 feet deep & 8 feet in diameter. You order how much of what you want & they scoop it out for ya. Cheap too, that whole plate was $15 or so.

Spot

I'd like to try one out one of these days.

Mrdeadair

Reaction score
Don't forget roc's on the way back from the river or anytime the wife and I are in the desert

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
King Taco and Taqueria De Anda are both meh when it comes to tacos. El Toro in Santa Ana is where its at. Best tacos and menudo in socal no challenge.

Peters Gourdmade Grill in Costa Mesa. You havent lived till youve had their marshmallow sweet potato fries.

l.jpg

ABC burger
l.jpg

Haven Gastropub in Orange
Lamb Burger with onion jam, tzatziki, onion sprouts on a rosemary brioche bun
haven-gastropub-lamb-burger.jpg

The Donuttery In HB.

Bacon maple bar
l.jpg

Red Velvet with Cream Cheese frosting
l.jpg

h2o225

Reaction score
Patrami sandwhich from The Hat.
Afriend took me to some burger joint in Pasadena near a trader joes incredible burgers.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Patrami sandwhich from The Hat.
Afriend took me to some burger joint in Pasadena near a trader joes incredible burgers.

Yes the Pastrami from The Hat is good but until you go to Delis on the West Side such as Langers, Yorkshire and such, you haven't had the REAL stuff.

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
For pizza.....AJ Barile's in Yucaipa. Pretty darn tasty! :thumbsup

shreve"T"

Ex-So Cal.
Reaction score
i have always wanted to try crawfish. every time i see it, it looks so good.

aren't those deals where they cooked crawfish called boils?

We have between 3-6 Crawfish Boils every year not to mention just about everybody else on the weekends we don't this time of year " Good times" If you ever travel East on Interstate 20 and come through Shreveport hit me up I'll show you a fun time..

I grew up In Ramona CA and transfered here.. These people welcome you like family..

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Cilantro Caprese burger with garlic aioli sauce and a side of Goat Cheese balls!!

Hands down best burger I've had. Fuddruckers is always a go-to classic as well:thumbsup

Attachments

• Goose.jpg
    Goose.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 37

Nashvillebound

Reaction score
You guys suck ass for having this thread with summer right around the corner....... TN only has generic places.... Thankfully I spend about half of my time now in San Diego and NYC. Filippi's, Round Table and 9th Ave donuts in Escondido are my musts.... Although with the previous posts.... I did take a few notes for my trip next week. :D :D

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Yes the Pastrami from The Hat is good but until you go to Delis on the West Side such as Langers, Yorkshire and such, you haven't had the REAL stuff.

Add in Factor's and Jerry's Famous....................

Charger32

Reaction score
The hat again. Pastrami double dipped extra mustard and pickles.